Doctor
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=31248

Un-named
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=31263

Venom
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=30353

Fatebringer
10-27-2004, 14:08
People only rip the base heroes now. It would have been made if it was an HP/AP/Grav/Speed/Flying/Unlimited Ammo/God Mode/Extra Damage hero. Plus, it has to have a gay name... Like Winner.

Chivas2973
10-27-2004, 14:18
LMFAO

moose
10-27-2004, 20:17
ROFLMFAO

ArtofDrowning07
10-27-2004, 22:30
lol i might get around to 1 or 2 when im not busy..been busy lately :?

Pfhor
10-30-2004, 00:52
I'll start working on your Doctor hero tomorrow.

Chivas2973
10-30-2004, 06:57
woo hoo, tanx

Night Slayer
10-30-2004, 13:43
i probably would script it but some asshole's gonna get pissed off for no apparent reason

MTS Steel DrAgoN
10-30-2004, 14:29
i probably would script it but some asshole's gonna get pissed off for no apparent reason
WTF are YOU gonna script?

Night Slayer
10-30-2004, 14:31
well im still practicing the routine :lol:

MTS Steel DrAgoN
10-30-2004, 14:31
well im still practicing the routine :lol:
WTF are you talkign about? the routine of "someone releases a new hero and you copy it and change the name?"

Night Slayer
10-30-2004, 14:37
no , idiot alucard and trunks are hella old. look around the forum , search it. the date was like around summer. by now im trying to learn how to script without renaming. i dont JUST rename it, i add more stuff to it. you can see by my goku....

MTS Steel DrAgoN
10-30-2004, 14:38
no , idiot alucard and trunks are hella old. look around the forum , search it. the date was like around summer. by now im trying to learn how to script without renaming. i dont JUST rename it, i add more stuff to it. you can see by my goku....

adding sound?addign glow?adding diffrent sprites that crash the server or wont even show up?
WOW....you really know how to script...

Night Slayer
10-30-2004, 14:49
have you searched yet?

Fatebringer
10-30-2004, 14:50
Quit arguing. It's annoying. Go bicker on AIM where we don't have to watch.

ArtofDrowning07
10-30-2004, 16:25
yeah dont argue here its retarded we dont wanna read this :roll:

Rippah
10-30-2004, 17:21
well fatebringer sure has a point about hero making......

Chivas2973
10-30-2004, 18:23
I just want my heros made :(

:lol:

Pfhor
11-01-2004, 17:19
Almost done with your doctor hero. He currently drops a medkit (you can specify how many with a cvar) that heals a certain amount again specified with a cvar. The doctor cannot pick up the medkits he has created so that he doesnt just drop all of his medkits and get a large health bonus.

All I am going to add now is a cooldown timer so people cannot drop all their packs really fast and healing with the knife. He will be able to heal teammates with his knife back up to a given health level which will be specifiable with a cvar.

I'll put it up on my superhero server in the next few days and have the players there test it. If all goes well I should have it finished by the end of the week.

Btw: This is the first hero I have ever made and my first time coding with amx. There are probably better ways to code it than I did so please be gentle :)

-Pfhor

Fatebringer
11-01-2004, 20:24
Sounds awesome. I can't wait.

Prowler
11-01-2004, 22:14
I took the current Medic version and heavily modified him so that he heals people on key down that is close to him, the longer you hold the key, the more they get healed, when you release the key you regenerate your heal points.

Just telling you this in case you want to rip some of the code from it if your having trouble, the hero can be found in my hero pack *see sig*

Pfhor
11-01-2004, 22:52
Thanks prowler. I'm considering in a later version making the entities glow based on team color (red/blue) and only that team may pick them up. We will see how it goes. I had another person in the server with me earlier today and we were dropping medkits all over the place and it seemed to do ok. No warnings in the server console or anything. So it looks good at the moment :)

Does anyone know where some good documentation is for Vexd? That is where I have had the most trouble as I cannot seem to find good documentation as to how all the fucntions/entities are used.

Prowler
11-02-2004, 00:23
http://amxmod.net/doc/?p=vexdum

Unfortunatly thats the best i can do, I normally use Vexd commands by looking at how other people made entities and adapting that code (like taking soccer freak or demo man for instance)

Pfhor
11-02-2004, 18:04
Alright this is what I have so far. The doctor can drop medkits that will heal his teammates only. If the other team touches the medkit nothing happens. The medkits glow based on what team the doctor was on when he dropped them. Blue for CT and Red for T. At the end of each round all the remaining medkits are removed from the map. There is a cooldown timer between dropping them. Since Im not sure if there is a function to get a players max health for a given round I have it set up to get every players health upon a new round and they cannot be healed above that level. It seems to work relatively well. If a player is at his max health points he will not pick up the medkit. If there is a better way or a function for max health please let me know and I will use that instead. The model is one that you already have and there is no need to download it. It is w_medkit.mdl if you want to see it though. I will post the sma when I am finished with the entire plugin but here it is for people that want to test it and see if they can break it.

Here are the cvars for it currently:

doc_level // Default 0
doc_medkits // Default 6
doc_cooldown // Default 2
doc_medkit_heal // Default 25

Btw: This is compiled for AMX 0.9.8a I will work on porting them over to AMX 0.9.9 and AMX .20 when I am finished.

*REMOVED ATTACHEMENT AS I HAVE MADE A FINAL VERSION*

reaper
11-02-2004, 18:53
can you put it so it gives sum xp for the person who drop the medkit. andd how come it disappears if you lay 2 or 3 out?

Fatebringer
11-02-2004, 19:59
can you put it so it gives sum xp for the person who drop the medkit

Why would this be a good idea? Free xp?

Pfhor
11-02-2004, 20:01
I've never had a problem with them disappearing. Is it reproducable? I had 12 out between two players on my server with no problem. It is set to allow 1200 of them.

Chivas2973
11-02-2004, 22:57
I will get around to testing tomorrow I think, Thanx again

MTS Steel DrAgoN
11-02-2004, 23:05
chivas you know how you said the new human torch should set walls of flames? well i tested that plugin and it only sets 1 flame. would you want human torch to haev limited flames? becasue it cant set a whole wall.

Chivas2973
11-02-2004, 23:36
honestly, shame on me, I did not test the plugin, just thought it did what the screen shot showed, however, if you can drop multiple flames with that to make a wall, why not just make the settings in the plugin to make multiple flames right next to each other like the width shown in the pic

I dunno how har that is, but it doesn't seem to hard for an experienced coder

MTS Steel DrAgoN
11-02-2004, 23:38
well...imnot VERY experienced but ill see what i can do man :wink:

Chivas2973
11-02-2004, 23:49
hey, happy for any effort dragon, and with your many thousand years of experience, I am sure you are great :lol:

MTS Steel DrAgoN
11-02-2004, 23:51
lmao...but you see there were no computers for about 60 years out of my 10000 years...i use to code on the wall.... :roll: that was hard

Buttface
11-03-2004, 00:14
Aznvietboi: no , idiot alucard and trunks are hella old. look around the forum , search it. the date was like around summer. by now im trying to learn how to script without renaming. i dont JUST rename it, i add more stuff to it. you can see by my goku.... well actually u didnt make goku i made goten then u took the sound from it and the coding. look at my goten?

reaper
11-03-2004, 10:48
yeap thats all he did lol and i was think in like maybe 1 or 2 xp for each medkit that heals a player

MTS Steel DrAgoN
11-03-2004, 15:00
yeap thats all he did lol and i was think in like maybe 1 or 2 xp for each medkit that heals a player
what are you talking about!?!? :?

reaper
11-03-2004, 19:05
lol i was just trying to agree with buttface and saying that for doctor you should get a lil xp for each person who picks up the hero

MTS Steel DrAgoN
11-03-2004, 20:17
who pickupthe hero? or the health kits?
shouldnt the one who wasted a level for his team get like xp from whoever picks up the kit?<---- now that would be cool

Chivas2973
11-03-2004, 21:39
so far the beta of doctor works well, I am looking forward to the final, it will have more

Fatebringer
11-03-2004, 22:18
shouldnt the one who wasted a level for his team get like xp from whoever picks up the kit?

I can see it now... spamming medkits to steal xp from other players.

Zeus is editted to that anyone revived by him gives up 50 xp to the player with Zeus.

The world is changing into a horrible, dark place.

Besides, why should it give him xp? It was his choice to help out his teammates or not. Choosing the hero and keeping better players alive can benefit you in the end also. I think the xp thing should at least be optional, if not left out.

Pfhor
11-04-2004, 00:49
I doubt I would add the option to give someone XP when their medkits get dropped or picked up. I don't really see that as a benefit to the superhero mod in general.

Prowler
11-04-2004, 03:56
have two people spamming medkits for each other :P

MTS Steel DrAgoN
11-04-2004, 14:38
shouldnt the one who wasted a level for his team get like xp from whoever picks up the kit?

I can see it now... spamming medkits to steal xp from other players.

Zeus is editted to that anyone revived by him gives up 50 xp to the player with Zeus.

The world is changing into a horrible, dark place.

Besides, why should it give him xp? It was his choice to help out his teammates or not. Choosing the hero and keeping better players alive can benefit you in the end also. I think the xp thing should at least be optional, if not left out.

and THATS is why the med kits are limited...WOW....you can atleast read the CVARS of the hero

doc_medkits // Default 6
doc_cooldown // Default 2

Fatebringer
11-04-2004, 20:52
Uhh, I was being mostly sarcastic. I know things won't get so extreme like I said they would. Hyperbole.

But, I don't think they should get xp anyway.

FLASHBANGER14
11-05-2004, 11:22
lol they really should lose xp for dropping each medkit over there limit now that would be differ :P