PDA

View Full Version : Missnamed/miss powered hero (Zeus)

imported_BlackSmith
10-06-2004, 01:02
Zeus should not be the games reviver.
By his biography his super powers would be able to cast lightnings that are super powerfull and he should regenerate slowly.
Source: http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/z/zeus.htm

Xorn instead is the only known marvel hero that can revive others from death and he is also only one realy cabale of healing others.
Source: http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/Xorn

On this light is suggest that Zeus name is changed to Xorn.
He would not be then fully up to his name (as he cant heal others) but at least it would be bit more right than saying Zeus could rise deads.

MTS Steel DrAgoN
10-06-2004, 02:00
so...you want zeus to be named "Xorn" from now on?

Fatebringer
10-06-2004, 06:50
The only problem is... people know the name Zeus and equate it with the revival. Changing the name now would kinda suck and throw everyone off for a bit.

jtp10181
10-06-2004, 06:56
yeah.... its been like that for so long, kinda hard to change it now.

vittu
10-06-2004, 20:10
besides its not like most heros actually match their powers. ie nightcrawlers powers should be kitty pryde and nighcrawler should teleport. They are somewhat close for the most part... Also many heros are not actual comic heros, especially the new crap being made. They just give them random names...

Prowler
10-07-2004, 02:37
leave my crap names alone :P

Names dont concern me, i just want the abilities.

imported_BlackSmith
10-10-2004, 08:47
The only problem is... people know the name Zeus and equate it with the revival. Changing the name now would kinda suck and throw everyone off for a bit.Also everyone that realy READ comics are "WTF?! why the hell does ZEUS rise ppl?! That crappy nose picking demi-god cant do that! AND WHAT THE HELL! Some Kitty Pride wannabee "night crawler" goes trough walls?! Ngggh!".
Note that if you correct the names, ppl are confused first 2 minutes before they get what hero does what.
But if they are left misnamed, every player that reads comics are all the time confused why zeus keeps rising ppl from dead. Sure you get used to it but it keeps naging and points out a flaw from the SUPERHERO mod as it is missnamed.

If you want to do a favor all those comic readers, think twice what name you are going to give the hero.
If want to do a realy BIG favor, change the wrong named heros to correspond right heros.

besides its not like most heros actually match their powers. ie nightcrawlers powers should be kitty pryde and nighcrawler should teleport. They are somewhat close for the most part... well i was going to get those next.
one hero at time as there is not so many miss named heros.

Fatebringer
10-10-2004, 12:29
Now, how many people playing on the Superhero Servers really read the comics and truly care what they are named? I suspect that more people would be complaining if there were a decent number.

And I don't read comics... but the Zeus that I seem to remember was Kind of the Gods, not a demi-god.

imported_BlackSmith
10-28-2004, 11:31
Now, how many people playing on the Superhero Servers really read the comics and truly care what they are named?First of all as the names mean nothing to non-comic readers, one complainer should be enough.
Secondly, based what i have been asking around, at our SH servers huge number of ppl come to play there because they want to know what this SuperHero thing is and can they want their favorite Marvel Hero.
I get a counter that asks players do they read comics or not.
I suspect that more people would be complaining if there were a decent number.Where?
Complain where?
Does the Pluging have a feedback system that delivers the feedback to the hero makers? No.
If players complains to admin, can he change all SH servers to have right name or even that one server? No (yes in case the admin also owns the server, but does enough feedback come trough from other admins to change the name(s)? i doubt.
Also if the server owner is not to comics, he migth give zero about such a minor detail to him as names even if to comic players the names are important. )
And I don't read comics... but the Zeus that I seem to remember was Kind of the Gods, not a demi-god. :lol: simple googling gets you long way...
source http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/z/zeus.htm
Known Superhuman Powers: Zeus possesses the conventional physical attributes of an Olympian god. Like all Olympians he is immortal: he has not aged since reaching adulthood and cannot die by any conventional means. He is immune to all Earthly diseases and is resistant to conventional injury. If Zeus was wounded, his godly life force would enable him to recover with superhuman speed. It would take an injury of such magnitude that it dispersed a major portion of his bodily molecules to cause Zeus physical death. Even then, it might be possible for a god of equal power, such as Odin or for a number of Olympian gods working together, to revive him. Zeus possesses superhuman strength and his Olympian metabolism gives him far greater than human endurance at all physical activities. (Olympian flesh and bone is about three times as dense as similar human tissue, contributing to the Olympians' superhuman strength and weight.)

Zeus possess vast energy powers of an unknown nature, which surpass the energy wielding powers of any other Olympian god. Magical in their apparent form and function, these powers can be employed for numerous purposes. Zeus's ability to generate tremendous amounts of electrical energy and to project them from his hands in the form of lightning bolts has become his trademark. Zeus can generate and manipulate other forms of energy as well. Only a small number of the ways in which Zeus can utilize his superhuman abilities are as yet known. Among these are the augmentation of physical strength and endurance and the enchantment of living beings or of objects. Zeus can create interdimensional apertures through which he can transport himself and even the entire Olympian army. He can project his image, voice, and energy bolts from the Olympian dimension into that of Earth. Zeus can change his shape into that of other humanoid beings (as when he impersonated Amphitryon, the husband of Hercules' mother Alcmena), of animals, or even of objects. Zeus also has limited precognitive abilities, and in ancient times was the patron of an oracle at Dodona, through which he delivered prophesies. (These abilities enabled Zeus, at the time of the Trojan War, to "remember" the Asgard-Olympus war which occurred centuries afterwards.)
He might be tough one blazing lightnings left and right but he surely does NOT raise ppl from death.

Xorn is the only beeing in marvel/comics universe cabable of reviving dead heros after Thanos remade whole universe, besides one the Infinity Stones (Reality).

btw, if you want to introduce some kind of shopmenu to SH, i suggest using those Infinty Stones as something you can buy.
e.g. Having Reality stone revives you after you die OR revive one teammate, withc ever comes first. Time, to get more map time/speed. Power, more damage. Space, get faster/walk on air/teleport. Soul, to see opponents at radar/kill once with one strike one opponent.

Fatebringer
10-28-2004, 11:53
Fatebringer wrote:
Now, how many people playing on the Superhero Servers really read the comics and truly care what they are named?
First of all as the names mean nothing to non-cpmic readers, one complainer should be enough.

That was a typo... really = rarely. I could care less about what their names are. So, there is only one complainer.

Does the Pluging have a feedback system that delivers the feedback to the hero makers? No.

You're on it.

And that article you posted... what was the point? We already established that he doesn't raise people from the dead. And that quote from me you used was making the point that Zeus was a God, not a demi-God. It had nothing to do with the powers.

And the shop menu is a decent idea, but it'll just mimic the hero powers, which kinda makes the heroes a bit pointless if you can buy their power.

imported_BlackSmith
10-28-2004, 12:19
That was a typo... really = rarely. I could care less about what their names are. So, there is only one complainer.
Did you read my post?
Let me quote myself.
First of all as the names mean nothing to non-comic readers, one complainer should be enough.
Secondly, based what i have been asking around, at our SH servers huge number of ppl come to play there because they want to know what this SuperHero thing is and can they want their favorite Marvel Hero.
To you it might mean nothing what the heros are named but not to comic readers, and comic readers are the ones that are intressed about SuperHedo mod because of its name.
Besides... If you dont give damn what they are named, why even argue against this idea then? If you have zero loose/gain but someone else would get something from it, why prevent it? Or are you that kind of person that likes to ruin other ppls ideas? Im just wondering...

If the names realy means zero but you want some wierd supershit to happen, then stop using superhero names and name them like "Bob" and "Steve" or "ASDf232VQ!!111" or "bang bang with huge dick".
If the names DO mean something (the mod is called after all SUPERHERO), then they should live up to their original names.

And for the "only one complainer" part....
Do you want steam id's, real names or nicks for the complain list? How manu you want? Is 2268 names enough?

You're on it.No shit? Does this work also online at SH servers? mmm? Does players know this even EXIST? mmm?

And that article you posted... what was the point? We already established that he doesn't raise people from the dead. And that quote from me you used was making the point that Zeus was a God, not a demi-God. It had nothing to do with the powers.Sorry, point was that he is DEMI-god in this universe. Not 100% god. You should read the "article" before talking about it.

And the shop menu is a decent idea, but it'll just mimic the hero powers, which kinda makes the heroes a bit pointless if you can buy their power.
Well i would like also to see a buy system that would NOT mimic ANY hero, but thats as likely as hell freezes over.

Fatebringer
10-28-2004, 12:29
huge number of ppl come to play there because they want to know what this SuperHero thing is and can they want their favorite Marvel Hero.
Funny... never heard anyone complain at any of the servers I play on. And I'd be careful using the word "huge". Because I'm a bit skeptical about his "large number" of people who play Superhero because of the comics.

Is 2268 names enough?
Yeah, you can e-mail it to me. My e-mail is below this post.

No shit? Does this work also online at SH servers? mmm? Does players know this even EXIST? mmm?
I can show you a plugin that would make it do so. And yes, players know it exists. Maybe not all, but does that matter? If there was some major uprising among comic fans, then I'm sure we'd hear about. We are the people who play in these SH servers. We are the people who talk about the SH servers on a daily basis. Besides, if someone can't even muster up enough intelligence to find the SH mod site to complain about something, they don't deserve to be complaining in the first place. Stupid people deserve not to be heard.

Sorry, point was that he is DEMI-god in this universe. Not 100% god. You should read the "article" before talking about it.
I read the article. The first line says he is an Olympian God. I then searched the little snippit you posted and it doesn't say "demi-god" anywhere.

Well i would like also to see a buy system that would NOT mimic ANY hero, but thats as likely as hell freezes over.
That's why there isn't one.

imported_BlackSmith
10-28-2004, 13:42
Because I'm a bit skeptical about his "large number" of people who play Superhero because of the comics."large number" of ppl dont play Counter-Strike because of comics.
Large number C-S players that read comics are intressed about mode called SUPERHERO.
Yeah, you can e-mail it to me. My e-mail is below this post.As you wish. We will get names and numbers from one of SH server.
I can show you a plugin that would make it do so. The point was that lot of players that this missnamed heros might annoy, dont know where to complain.
It was luck that I found this place and that was thanks for our SH servers owner.
When i google having site url http://shero.rocks-hideout.com does not come to my first mind to check if it would be the SH's "official" forum. The url does not contain superhero in any point.
I actually looked at this many times and thinked the site as a joke or undeground project based on SH mod. Im not trying to be mean, just saying the truth.
I read the article. The first line says he is an Olympian God. I then searched the little snippit you posted and it doesn't say "demi-god" anywhere.
Åsgardians and Olympians homeworld is in another dimension thus their powers are reduced at Earth.
e.g. Thor has been killed on earth, feat next to impossible if he would have been at Åsgard.

Fatebringer
10-28-2004, 16:57
I'm still skeptical about the number of people who play superhero and are comic book readers... But, we shall see? I'll poll my server too and see what they say.

And finding this place isn't hard... so, congrats for finding it... and it says "shero" in the URL. And why would it look like a joke? All the heroes on the front page? The download for the mod? The help secton for the mod? The forums with the mod creators? I don't know what you're on, but this doesn't seem like some sort of joke or rip-off site.

And about that demi-god stuff, that doesn't say anything about him being a demi-god. So he lost some of his powers? So? He can still be a God. Case and Point:

Bill Gates is the richest person in America, having several billion dollars under his belt. On the scale of 40 billion? I'm pulling this out of my non-existant memory. So, if he loses say... 10 billion dollars, that is a huge lose of money. But, is he still rich?

Chivas2973
10-28-2004, 18:34
meow

imported_BlackSmith
11-05-2004, 07:22
I'm still skeptical about the number of people who play superhero and are comic book readers... But, we shall see? I'll poll my server too and see what they say.
ATM, our poll says 81% of voters want them rightly named.
70% of voters read bit comics/ watch some movies/ I have some idea who should have what power(s).

And finding this place isn't hard... so, congrats for finding it... and it says "shero" in the URL. And why would it look like a joke? All the heroes on the front page? shero means...? Damn sure it is not official shortening from superhero.
Shero does not fist make you think S-Hero, it made me to think/place/dude called shero.
The download for the mod? The help secton for the mod? The forums with the mod creators? I don't know what you're on, but this doesn't seem like some sort of joke or rip-off site.I never got so long to see this forum when i visited the first couple times.
And at the third time,or so, only the donations point made me dig deeper.

The pages are totaly default thus that it makes me think they are made some fan named shero that likes batman and spiderman.
Txt saying SUPERHERO, MOD FOR COUNTER-STRIKE at first page would help a lot also.
Change the sticky pics to e.g. small pics of heros or anything to break this default outlook.
Makign the superhero skinn work also would work (does not work with me anyway).

In short, if you want some plausibility(?) get rid of this default outlook.

jtp10181
11-05-2004, 07:26
Txt saying SUPERHERO, MOD FOR COUNTER-STRIKE at first page would help a lot also.

look at the giant image...... are you blind?

also, about the heroes. The mod is too far along to be changing the names. If you want to change them learn how to compile plugins. All you have to do is change one variable in most heroes to change thier name.

imported_BlackSmith
11-05-2004, 07:34
look at the giant image...... are you blind?

You mean that giant pic that has 9pix txt that says "an amx/amxx pluging for Coutner-Strike"?
For that small px, yes. Thats no small detail. Its quite essential information about THIS place seekers thus it should be bit da clearer.

also, about the heroes. The mod is too far along to be changing the names. If you want to change them learn how to compile plugins. All you have to do is change one variable in most heroes to change thier name.lol.
Its other way around.
The pluging has far too long using wrong names.
The pluging can also be changed as easily, you cant deny that.

Or what you think Nokia would do after they notice they have writen "Moblie Phone manual" all these years in their manuals?
Change english or create new word?
No, the screw up is at their end, they fix it to keep their reputation among users.
Sure not all undestand english (like not all read comics/watch movies/have no idea wabout their powers) but they that do, would laugh to Nokia until the typo would be fixed.

vittu
11-05-2004, 07:37
and about the site... why don't you take a look at the warcraft 3 mod site or one of their sites, not exactly named how you want it is it...

this site has been around as the offical site for a very long time now, probably since the first version of sh mod, lots of banners and links from various sites point here...

it's the first thing that comes up in google and it even says Superhero Mod as the name - http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=superhero+mod that means its not that hard to find

unless you want to pay for a site superheromod.com I don't think you should even say a thing about that...

imported_BlackSmith
11-05-2004, 08:13
Hey ppl, just keep in mind im not here to say "SH sucks!".
Im trying to make it better.
(im just feeling that the tempeture is rising here)
and about the site... why don't you take a look at the warcraft 3 mod site or one of their sites, not exactly named how you want it is it...
Did i say their site looks proffesional / official? No. I posted pimp daddy about the outlook and 3173 talk they used.
He changed it to better (they could make it LOT better).

this site has been around as the offical site for a very long time now, probably since the first version of sh mod, lots of banners and links from various sites point here...
ah, put that is not the problem.
When player drops in to a SH server, it probably has no info or links to this place thus the player has to find this his own. Thats bad for mods creators feedback.
Yes i know that this is difficult to improve but its never the less a problem.

it's the first thing that comes up in google and it even says Superhero Mod as the name - http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=superhero+mod that means its not that hard to find
Well i tend to check the url also to prevent unneccearly surfing.
Thats why i skipped it couple times.

unless you want to pay for a site superheromod.com I don't think you should even say a thing about that...
First of all it could NOT be .com
This is not a comppany, right? or if it is then you should grasp the PR value of rightly named website.

So it would be superhero.net or .info or .mod

And i just might.

btw, ihmettelen suuresti että olet saanut pitää käyttäjätunnukses. :) luulis että joku edes kimpaantuis tollasesta tai älyis kattoa sanakirjasta vitun merkityksen.

Fatebringer
11-05-2004, 12:50
What the hell is your problem?

This site looks official and gets plenty of feedback. The server owners are the people who would ask for the mod ot be changed, not the players. The players could see it changed and never implemented because they don't own the server...

Also, you must be stupid if you can't find this place.

And you could make this site a .com company, even if it isn't a business. No one checks to shut you down.

Try complaining elsewhere. Your pointless negativity is only going to get your flammed and crucified. Unless you want to die for spammers' sins, hush.

jtp10181
11-05-2004, 21:21
BlackSmith, go away

imported_BlackSmith
12-06-2004, 14:08
What the hell is your problem?Dont know about Hell, but the heros are named incorrectly.
This site looks official and gets plenty of feedback.No, it does not. Taking phpBB2 forum "out of the box" and making minor adjustments wont make it look pro. Sorry, but so it is.
Never said it does not get feedback. Only talked about about its outlook, that it is infact offtopic here.
The server owners are the people who would ask for the mod ot be changed, not the players. The players could see it changed and never implemented because they don't own the server...Players use the server, server owner being possibly one of the players.
But if it bugs so much, i can ask the server owners to ask this same thing.
Also, you must be stupid if you can't find this place.Might be or might be that the name could be more fitting. Or might be that yo uare the stupid one as you haven't noticed that i have found this place.
And you could make this site a .com company, even if it isn't a business. No one checks to shut you down.You could make this site even .band or .tv but that would again be missleading information.
.com are aimed to companu use.
Try complaining elsewhere. Your pointless negativity is only going to get your flammed and crucified. Unless you want to die for spammers' sins, hush.In what point i have been negative :?:
Im.trying.to.make.SH.better.
Thats at the opposite direction of negative.
In fact, where the hell did you get the idea im here negative?

Some results from poll:
77% Yes, I have read bit comics/ watch some movies/ I have some idea who should have what power(s) and they should be named correctly.
7% Yes, Im not on comics/ I dont watch movies/ I don't have any clue what power(s) they should have, but if they are missnamed they should be corrected.
14% No, Im not on comics/ I dont watch movies/ I don't have any clue what power(s) they should have and I dont care if they are named wrong but still I play SH.

FLASHBANGER14
12-06-2004, 17:08
jtp just lock this post maybe it will shut him up

jtp10181
12-06-2004, 20:27
rename them yourself for you own server if you care so much.....

go away we dont care.