PDA

View Full Version : [AMX]Run time error

grandpa_smurf
09-09-2004, 03:20
[AMX] Run time error 10 on line 114 (plugin "sh_blade.amx")
[AMX] Run time error 10 on line 75 (plugin "sh_mach3.amx")
[AMX] Run time error 10 on line 94 (plugin "sh_greenarrow.amx")
[AMX] Run time error 10 on line 85 (plugin "sh_vash.amx")

well thats the error tht i get in my console (dedicated server) but all those heros work .... so whats up with that and what the heck does it mean?

Prowler
09-09-2004, 05:17
Would of been easier on everyone to post the errors in the same post :P now i just have to repeat myself.

Those heros look like they are compiled for 0.9.8, you will need to re-compile them for 0.9.9

The only one of those heros i have fixed up for 0.9.9 is blade, the rest you are going to have to do yourself, or find later versions re-compiled by others.

jtp10181
09-09-2004, 06:47
Prowler.... don't try to help people when you have no idea WTF you are talking about.

That error has nothing to do with what you suggested. I am guessing it is this

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=30391

grandpa_smurf: SEARCH THE FORUMS

grandpa_smurf
09-10-2004, 01:21
well i checked ur forum before and it dint make any sense

those errors will all occur in the "damage" events usually. To fix it all you have to do is make the plugin make sure the person is till alive before it does anything.... I modified the stock heros to look like this

Code:
if (!shModActive() || !is_user_alive(id)) return PLUGIN_CONTINUE

I added to "is_user_alive" check, and if the user is not (!) alive the plugin will not process that function

can u explain in a easier language

and bout searching the forums.... its too freakin confusing :lol:

vittu
09-10-2004, 02:45
can't get much easier then that, but...

those errors should not cause problems so don't worry about them...

the errors are caused by the hero trying to do something when the person who has the hero is dead and the heros are not supposed to be doing it when they are dead...

SHS CRAZY COP
09-12-2004, 00:10
Vittu you are wrong it will cause a problem with the server. What is the one thing that every server owner and player hates the most "LAG". yes run time errors do cause lag. Most of the time it want cause crashes though, but fills your server console up with run time error messages "annoying". When you have run time errors you are causing the server to work harder thann it would without run time errors. come on common since. JTP posted a good topic and that is how you can fix most run time errors.

jtp10181
09-12-2004, 01:41
uhhh.... SHS CRAZY COP you have no idea wtf yu are talking about

a few runtime 10 errors here and there wont cause lag. Maybe if you have like 600 go at the same time it would cause a lag spike, otherwise they are mostly harmless and just show bad coding and not sufficient error checking.

SHS CRAZY COP
09-12-2004, 02:57
jtp10181 I just lost all faith of your computer knowledge by your last post. I beleive 5 years of college computer programming will tell you wrong. What do you have, internet based training. Unless you have over $50,000 in Computer and Server hardware and over $38,000 in Computer Software to be able to test the programs and bandwidth usage. Dont even try to to proove me wrong. Stick with your $1,200 PC, $800 server box and your basic knowledge of computers. Read my posts you might learn something. I see alot of people in this forum that rent and visit my servers. I beleive they will back me up on this one. I will only post subjects that I have complete knowledge about such as computer usage, bandwidth usag, etc. Cmon do the same.

To even do better than that, if you want me to give you FTP access to a program that will test HLDS for you, I will. Just to show you. It's a little bit more technical than looking at your statistics under your HLDS console.

Oh yeah, what software company do you work for? Microsoft here, just wondering. NOW THAT IS WTF IM TALKING ABOUT

4eVer Sin
09-12-2004, 10:44
LOL :lol:

jtp10181
09-12-2004, 11:52
How is it that one runtime error would cause lag? You never did explain this with all your vast knowledge.

vittu
09-12-2004, 21:25
I don't see how a few runtime errors would cause any lag to game play, sure the server has to print a few lines but not enough to make the game lag.

SHS CRAZY COP
09-13-2004, 17:52
Each time that a run time error is printed, there is a spike in bandwidth and cpu usage that the hlds console doesnt pick up. To explain further get the software your self to test these programs and network management. The software you need is SLX Edition and 5 Engineer's Editions. Its only $19.975, and you should have advanced computer knowledge to even think about running this program. Tired of trying to explain to people that only think what run time errors will do. I dont have to explain, I know. If you have run time errors with certain hero, get rid of them, if you are runing a home based server with cable or dsl connection. Keep them, if you are running a servers with at least the following specs, which is what i run per server.

-Dual 2400Mhz Xeons
- 2048MB Memory
-Windows 2000 OS
-10/100/1000 NIC
-Oc-48 Connection