PDA

View Full Version : dedictad server problem ... help plz

newdel
08-31-2004, 19:10
Hi guys ... i hope u can help me cause i have a mojor problem .. and dont know how to sort it ...

well ...

i have downloaded steam at my place since before i was using it at my dads work ... and all was ok ... cause i was using a computer i had there ... and steam worked and all ...

but since i have internet at my place now and a new computer ... i downloaded steam ... with counter-strike and dedicated server ...

at my dads place ... i couldnt make a server cause i had a router there ... but here i dont ...

when i downloaded steam here ... it made a file ...

=

C:\Program Files\ .. then i have steamapps and all ... but usually there is my login name and all ... with files of games ... like csrtike... dedicated server.. and so on. .. . but here where i have downloaded it on my place.. i dont have that !

all i have is notepad with dedicated server ... cstrike and all .... ? and i downloaded steam from the same place i downloaded it from m dads place ... so i dont understand at all why it did this ..

cause at my dads place .. i have

C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\[email protected]\ ...Games.. *folders*

but not here ...

so wha im asking is ..

does any one know how i can change this .. so i can make a superhero server..
cause like this i cant .. well .. i dont understand any prgram languages ... only html ...

ok thanks ...

Chivas2973
08-31-2004, 20:30
typically I have found that on some peoples computers, the steam is in a different place, if you have started steam up, and it asked you to log in with your email address, and you chose to start a game or a dedicated server. If you did all of those steps, steam created a group of folders for each step
I have 2 computers with steam on it, one has Program files/Steam/steam apps...etc. the other runs steam of a steam folder located on the desk top

My advice for you if you can't find where the steam is fully installed and running from is to search your C: drive for your email address or one of the steam folders and see what comes up

jtp10181
08-31-2004, 21:09
right click on a game in the steam game list, tell it to make a shortcut on the desktop.

right click the shortcut and select properties, look at the path to the steam exe. there ya go. BTW I did not read that giant post up top.... just the reply trying to help find the path so I hope thats your only problem :)