PDA

View Full Version : Questions regarding status message

jtp10181
08-31-2004, 17:42
I'm talking about the message with the XP points and your current level

specifically about the bind numbers displayed next to it. I know they get cut off a lot. I even found out today if you have the max binds set high and you have a lot of binds it wont show anything for some reason. I belive it s a limit of the status message in HL.

I think the binds being displayed there is annoying and I would like to just remove it. Do people activly use this information? BTW the bind numbers are displayed in the "myheros" list since a few versions ago.

I could also make there be a continuose HUD display on the bottom or top or someplace that shows ALL the binds so they wont get cut off.

Chivas2973
08-31-2004, 18:46
maybe you could somehow put it in the myheros console command, I personally don't like it, but if I haven't played in awhile, it is nice to see just for a sec or so what heros are bound to what so don't have to reselect from the beginning

jtp10181
08-31-2004, 19:58
BTW the bind numbers are displayed in the "myheros" list since a few versions ago.

there is no "myheros" console command... is there? just the say command

Prowler
08-31-2004, 20:34
Well to be honest when i first started and saw the 1=hulk at the bottom my first thought was "what the hell does that mean?" only after i started getting my second or third bound hero did i realise that its the bind for that hero.

Yes there is a limit, i know i only have three bound heros, my third one is demolition man, but he is cut off saying just demoli (sounds italian :P)

They are useful if you are regularly switching powers and forget what hero is bound to what power thought, i use em regularly to remind me, not sure how you can fix it at all.

Chivas2973
08-31-2004, 20:36
you're right, and I didn't even realize that, so I agree with you that it is not needed
and you do just say it, I was thinking of the myheros window that pops up