PDA

View Full Version : Hello, I am having installation problems

imported_[N]ChupaCabra
08-28-2004, 14:18
I have used this Install walkthrough on shshack.tk:

How to Install (yes there's a lot to it but pretty easy):

1) Requires Monster Mod for Skeletor (Linux+Windows) http://planethalflife.com/botman/monster.shtml
2) Add superheromod.amx to your plugins.ini before the hero amxs This meens use superheromodmysql is you use mysql or use superheromodvault if you save by vault or don't save at all
3) Add all the heros you're interested in into the plugins.ini like normal: (sh_superman.amx ...) Set your SV_MAXSPEED TO 600 for flash to be able to run full speed!
4) Configure the mod using the shconfig.cfg located in configs dir.
5) Requires Monster Mod for Skeletor (Linux+Windows)
http://planethalflife.com/botman/monster.shtml

6) Add superheromod.amx to your plugins.ini before the hero amxs
This meens use superheromodmysql is you use mysql
or use superheromodvault if you save by vault or don't save at all

7) Add all the heros you're interested in into the plugins.ini like normal: (sh_superman.amx ...)
Set your SV_MAXSPEED TO 600 for flash to be able to run full speed!

I have done ALL of this and still I have NO sign of SH on my server

I have the newest version of both SH and AMXX...

Can anybody help me?

Thanx

vittu
08-28-2004, 14:21
That setup is for AMX not AMXx. Also the newest version of sh mod is for amx aswell. If you can't get the newest version to work thru compiling get the old AMXX version.

imported_[N]ChupaCabra
08-28-2004, 14:23
So the newest version is AMX? On the Main page I had download the "marked" AMXX version

I had "assumed(bad thing)" that it was the newest

Is there an install walkthrough for AMXX?

vittu
08-28-2004, 14:39
oh the one on the front page is for AMXX yes. but its an old version and will be updated after AMXX .20 comes out and amx version of sh is complete.

As far as a walkthru, um the one posted might be close but not sure cause I havent used amxx yet. but make sure you double check #3 open your amxx plugins.ini located in addons/amxx/ make sure you have written the full name of the sh mod plugin located in addons/amxx/plugins/ should be either superheromodfile.amx or superheromodvault.amx (just one not both) and make sure to write all the names of the superhero plugins there as well ie sh_superman.amx.

Was amxx working ok before you installed shmod?

imported_[N]ChupaCabra
08-28-2004, 15:02
I rushed when i set it up... AMXX works fine but i had only put in superhero.amx not superheromodfile.amx lol...

its fixed except i cant add levels or XP.... and where do i change XP given on bomb/hostage and kills?

sry bout that bad spelling..

vittu
08-28-2004, 15:09
ChupaCabra]its fuxed except i cant add leveks or XP.... and where do i change XP given on bomb/hostage and kills? that stuff may not be working correctly in that version. you might just have to wait for the update. But check in the configs folder and open up shconfig.cfg with notepad.

imported_[N]ChupaCabra
08-28-2004, 15:16
I cant get my Heros selection to work

imported_[N]ChupaCabra
08-28-2004, 15:18
i get errors like this...

L 08/28/2004 - 14:06:46: [AMXX] Function not found (name "set_speak") (plugin "sh_anubis.amx")
L 08/28/2004 - 14:06:46: [AMXX] Function not found (name "entity_set_float") (plugin "sh_aquaman.amx")
L 08/28/2004 - 14:06:46: [AMXX] Function not found (name "set_user_velocity") (plugin "sh_batgirl.amx")
L 08/28/2004 - 14:06:46: [AMXX] Function not found (name "remove_entity") (plugin "sh_beyonder.amx")

ive seen it in another thread so i might check there...

but do you have ne ideas?

vittu
08-28-2004, 15:24
make sure you enabled engine_amx.dll and cstrike_amx.dll

imported_[N]ChupaCabra
08-28-2004, 15:26
Yes i have both... im getting alot of
HERO NAME=7
HERO NAME=6
HERO NAME=3
HERO NAME=#
etc

vittu
08-28-2004, 15:27
are they enabled.

OH and most heros are for amx there are a few for amxx, so make sure you compile the non-default heros. Asskicr has written amxx heros check his posts in the heros section also freecode may have a download for an amxx version or two. Other then that just compile amx ones and hope they dont have compile errors then hope they work.

Edit: vexd comes with amxx i guess and not sure about xtrafun, need someone familiar with amxx to answer this. But some heros just wont work with AMXX. Vexd and xtrafun are basically the engine module so nevermind about those.

those are all functions of the Engine module make sure its enabled check in addons/amxx/modules.ini, if it is. recomplie those heros and they may work.
http://www.amxmodx.org/funcwiki.php

jtp10181
08-28-2004, 17:50
ChupaCabra]Yes i have both... im getting alot of
HERO NAME=7
HERO NAME=6
HERO NAME=3
HERO NAME=#
etc

that probably debugging crap

imported_[N]ChupaCabra
08-29-2004, 17:25
When i try to recompile them at amxx website I get this error?

/home/users/amxmodx/tmp/phpjHZlGt.sma(3) : fatal error 100: cannot read from file: "superheromod.inc"

Compilation aborted.
1 Error.

is there a none website compiler i can download? and are there any with an ide?

I found the built in AMXX compiler... but i get simaliar errors

jtp10181
08-29-2004, 18:27
the web compilers wont work because this plugin needs special include files.

if you download the amxx 0.16 package you can use the compiler in there, be sure to copy the include files in the superhero download into the "include" folder for the compiler

imported_[N]ChupaCabra
08-29-2004, 19:00
Where do I change the XP given when there is a hostage/bomb/diffuse and kills?

jtp10181
08-29-2004, 21:11
I dont think you can in the amxx version.

for AMX look in the shconfig.cfg