View Full Version : It says: couldn't exec listip.cfg and banned.cfg HELP

Chemical
08-22-2004, 10:19
When i start the server it says:

couldn't exec listip.cfg
couldn't exec banned.cfg

and the server is not respoing!
I cant use AMX commands and when i type "Changelevel de_dust2"
it say "Only the server may changelevel!

why, and what should i do?

//Chemical

jtp10181
08-22-2004, 12:58

couldn't exec listip.cfg
couldn't exec banned.cfg

this means nothing except that you have not banned anyone yet, so there is no ban file.

ok.... has nothing to do with the above error...

//Chemical

if the server isn't responding then how are you typing commands into it? I am guessing you are putting that command into the in game console, you can only use that command from the server console, in game to change the level you have to use rcon or amx

Chemical
08-23-2004, 10:55
But why does it suddently not respond?
how do i fix it?

//Chemical

Chemical
08-23-2004, 12:34
Could it be cuz i chose "open with" wordpad and marked "always use the selected program to open this kind of file"

Its still a CFG file but the "picture" looks like a wordpad file!
see the picture and you wil understand! you gotta press on it!

vittu
08-23-2004, 12:36
what do you mean it doesnt respond... doesn't respond to what?

if your using your game console and you have admin rights and you are using amx, just use the command amx_map mapname.... do amx_help for list of all available amx commands.

Chemical
08-23-2004, 12:45
In the server list it doesnt respond!

vittu
08-23-2004, 12:46
ok what doesnt respond? what is it?

Chemical
08-23-2004, 12:54
The SERVER doesnt respond in the server list... i cant join it.. and others cant join the server!

vittu
08-23-2004, 13:01
what is the ip? are you hosting from your house? do you have a router?

so it shows up in the steam server list, but no one can join a game. What occurs when you join, do you get any kind of error? did the server console show an error when people try to join?

Chemical
08-23-2004, 13:10
well... the IP is 192.168.0.231:27015
i CANT join the server, when i look at the server info the ping is 2000 all the time! ... no theres no probs with routers cuz im not using one.. my comp is directly connected to my brothers comp where i get the internet connection! And yes im at home! Did you see the picture? i think thats the prob.. when i start the server and look in the Console this is what stands there:

couldn't exec listip.cfg
couldn't exec banned.cfg

I think its cuz of the shconfig!

//Chemical

vittu
08-23-2004, 13:24
is this a listen server or a dedicated server?

shconfig is fine that doesn't matter, if you really want i can tell you how to not make it default open with wordpad. But it is still the same file and still read the same way.

couldn't exec listip.cfg
couldn't exec banned.cfg
are fine thats normal since you DO NOT HAVE A BAN LIST
this means nothing except that you have not banned anyone yet, so there is no ban file.

Your problem is your IP that is a lan ip, no one beyond the computers in your network can connect to that. go find your real ip...
FIND THE IP FOR YOUR MODEM...

There have been plenty of posts on this...
try status in server console that may give it to you...
or try this http://server.counter-strike.net/yourip.html

anything that starts with 192.168. is inside a lan and can only connect thru lan, you need your extrenal ip in order for others to connect outside of your lan.

Chemical
08-23-2004, 13:56
It is a Dedicated server but many has joined it before the stupid prob! ... and i havent given them the IP !

jtp10181
08-23-2004, 16:49
It is a Dedicated server but many has joined it before the stupid prob! ... and i havent given them the IP !

are you going to do anything but whine?

this is not even the place to be looking for support and we are helping you, but you are not doing anything apparently, nor have you provided us with any useful information.

grandpa_smurf
08-24-2004, 05:47
yo chemical i got a good idea for a confused guy like you

download the auto installer from this site - then delete the addons folder u currently have - then just go to the autoinstaller - click on browse n find u r cstrike directory which shld be sumthing like

c:/programfiles/steam/steamapps/ (e-mail)/counter strike (or dedicated server)/cstrike

hope this wasnt too confusin 4 u

Chemical
08-24-2004, 10:29
dudes... im not confused and whats the "important" info you want? ...
is there a way i can turn the cfg files back to the way it were? (look at the pic) thx for any help!

//Chemical

vittu
08-24-2004, 12:39
File associations have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with your problem, but since you don't take advice from anyone.

open My Computer,
go to Tools (at the top),
click on Folder Options,
click on File Types Tab,
find CFG in the list and select,
click on Restore.....

I'm am not helping you anymore beyond this point.

jtp10181
08-24-2004, 18:54
if you think a file association is causing problems on the server you obviusly know nothing about your OS and prob should not be running a server in the first place.

grandpa_smurf
08-25-2004, 06:05
i'm with u jtp - - if ya dont know much don't do much chemical

the easiest thing for u to do is go to a cybercafe or play on the servers tht run superhero mod

T3RRi8Le
11-15-2010, 07:50

couldn't exec listip.cfg
couldn't exec banned.cfg

//Chemical

Lol, i have the same fucking problem that i dont have an fucking idea how the fuck i can repair it.

Exploited
11-15-2010, 09:37
k.

vittu
11-15-2010, 15:47
couldn't exec listip.cfg
couldn't exec banned.cfg
You can ignore these 2, just means the files have not been created yet. If the file exists the message will go away, so if you wanted you can stick empty files with the names above in your mods main directory.

anupm
12-22-2010, 01:37
hey ..

Only the server may changelevel!

That problem happen whn you are running the server through consoel and you missed the part -game cstrike or you have put like +game cstrike.
Also cross check your console parameter .

A sample command line is

-console -game cstrike +map de_dust2 +maxplayers 18 +port 27016 -pingboost 3 -autoupdate -secure