PDA

View Full Version : I REALLY DONT GET THE ADMIN THING

Chemical
08-20-2004, 16:43
Hi guys... im kinda new at this but i figiured many things out... but one thing i cant make work is the Admin thing... i cant turnmyself into a admin ... in "users.ini" i write at the buttom

"--steamID--" "" "abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvxwz" "c"

But it still dosnt work when i come in the server ! ... yes i have checked everything 100 times now! ... |PLEASE HELP|
i got the server on the other comp and its directly connectet to this one! so i dont think its somthing with the router or something CUZ I DONT USE ONE! HEEEEEELP

imported_TicoMeElmo
08-20-2004, 16:52
dont put z in it and where did u get vwx from?

Chemical
08-20-2004, 17:30
heh.. donno just thought of the alfabet! ... but what if i want a pasword login admin thingy ? is it then:

"monkey" "abc" "abcdefghijklmnopqrstu" "e"
nick pass Acces flags Account flags

like that ? or should the account flag be "a" or "ae" :? ?!?!
heelp!

jtp10181
08-20-2004, 17:44
STeamID with no password (best option)

"STEAM_#:#:#####" "" "abcdefghijklmnopqrstu" "ce"

Yes those are the correct flags to use for full admin... no you shouldn;t doubt if you even thought about it for a second

By Name with a password (dumb idea IMO)

"NAME" "PASSWORD" "abcdefghijklmnopqrstu" "a"

that "a" is optional, it will protect your name, if somneone tries to connect with your name and the wrong password it will kick them. If you dont want it like that then just make that last section ""

adversary*D
08-20-2004, 18:05
how do i set it so i need password without it kicking me

"adversary*D" "my_password" "abcdefghijklmnopqrstu" "a"

thats how i have it in my users.ini but when i try to join server i get kicked it says due to invalid password but i never get in server to enter password how do i set it so i can log in to admin by name csause im always on different computer?

Chemical
08-20-2004, 18:10
damn THX ALOT... thats a big help and the best way to show it! ... i havent tested it yet but i got a good feeling about this ;) i used only to put "c" in the account tags.... thx

jtp10181
08-20-2004, 20:37
how do i set it so i need password without it kicking me

"adversary*D" "my_password" "abcdefghijklmnopqrstu" "a"

thats how i have it in my users.ini but when i try to join server i get kicked it says due to invalid password but i never get in server to enter password how do i set it so i can log in to admin by name csause im always on different computer?

mmmmm reading is a good thing

that "a" is optional, it will protect your name, if somneone tries to connect with your name and the wrong password it will kick them. If you dont want it like that then just make that last section ""

adversary*D
08-22-2004, 01:30
what do i type in console to get my admin

vittu
08-22-2004, 02:05
If you use "a" you must exec a cfg file with your password in your console, if you don't care for a password use "ce" to check for steamid only. Password is only good to use if someone else uses your comp with your account, otherwise just use ce.

But I'd have to agree with jtpBy Name with a password (dumb idea IMO)

http://amxmod.net/doc/?p=amxusers - reading setup documents is usually the best way to get answers.
Admin Access by Player Name or Clan tag
(Best for LAN, ok for Internet)
This is not the best way to grant admin access. It requires the client to set a password on their end. Many players can do this, how ever many do not grasp the concept of editing config files let alone with the correct info. It's a burden on the person setting up the access and the person receiving it in the end, and there is no added security with this method over access by Steam ID.