PDA

View Full Version : New hlds Sh server ... Wierd.. plz look

newdel
08-09-2004, 12:46
i have just made a server with hlds ... 1.6 and everything is great and all ... and thanks from some help i got superhero working ... with amx and all ... but then i was told my IP is a lan ip but i created it by internet ... wat is going on here ? please help ...

this is the ip it gave me

192.168.0.19:27015
and thas a lan ip .. well i think ... ill leave the server open .. can some one go on and come bk telmling me if it works or not ... cause i dont know how to put it as an internet server ... thanks to all those that can help ..

Chivas2973
08-09-2004, 14:55
go to whatismyip.com this will give you the ip before it gets to the router, that is the ip you need to use to connect, you need to go to the router website or the steam forum to figure out how to forward the ports to the computer with server on it

note, also if you open a dos prompt and type ipconfig, it will show the local ip to that computer after the router

JASerrano
08-10-2004, 01:58
i have just made a server with hlds ... 1.6 and everything is great and all ... and thanks from some help i got superhero working ... with amx and all ... but then i was told my IP is a lan ip but i created it by internet ... wat is going on here ? please help ...

this is the ip it gave me

192.168.0.19:27015
and thas a lan ip .. well i think ... ill leave the server open .. can some one go on and come bk telmling me if it works or not ... cause i dont know how to put it as an internet server ... thanks to all those that can help ..

i have the same exact problem as him i just set up my sh mod and i got the ip from that site but for some reason nobody can join how can i chg it so that other people can join my game.

PM
08-10-2004, 02:11
Ok ok ok ok here ill explain it again, go to 192.168.0.1 mess aroudn wiht it. find DMZ or forwarding ports. and in ur status, it will tell you your ip