PDA

View Full Version : Left 4 Dead 2 Dedicated Server 8 Players

Aeko
07-07-2016, 14:17
Hi, Ive been trying to get an 8 player server running to play Helm's deep survival with my friends. I've looked at most of the posts that people have already made on this and they seem to be outdated or incomplete. That being said, can anyone help me through setting this up?

I have downloaded L4Dtoolz and L4Downtown 2. I also have downloaded Superversus and bebop according to this post: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=126733

The thing is while I was trying to installing these plugins, I couldn't help but notice they each do their own seperate thing. At least to me, they seem to be able to get extra players in a server so what's the point of having all of them installed and how do I actually go about using them. I have them downloaded but I have 0 clue what they are doing.

Next for the dedicated server, I'm using the L4D2 Dedicated Server tool that steam uses. I just put in the configurations I want but I don't know where to put my cvars for the extra players and whatnot.

I tried joining my server but I just get a "This session is no longer available" error.

I know I probably messed up a lot of things so if someone could help me out here, I would really appreciate it.

cravenge
07-09-2016, 02:57
If your using both SuperVersus and Bebop, put these in your server.cfg:

sv_visiblemaxplayers -1
sv_maxplayers "9" // if you want 1 spectator slot to join and watch the game.
sv_force_unreserved 1
sm_cvar "super_versus_survivor_limit" "8"
sm_cvar "super_versus_infected_limit" "8" // if you want balanced teams, otherwise increase if you want your server to be hardcore

Now, search for LEFT12DEAD, Multislots (if you want only 4 survivors at the beginning), Lobby Reservation Remover, Sappy Fix, etc. Don't forget to add their values in the cfg as well.

Don't know how? Well, if you have any file editing program except for the basic Notepad, just look at their .sp to get the values and change them to whatever value that suits your liking.