PDA

View Full Version : [TF2] Restart Bot Playtimes

Tranced
06-30-2016, 00:29
Hello, I was just wondering if anyone could make a sourcemod plugin (possibly an extension?) that resets the time of TF2 Bots playing in a server and resets every hour? I've seen this done in quite a few of the chain servers. My servers will fill throughout the day and then empty out towards the night and when the bots join they have around 20 hours of Game play each and will only reset once the server restarts. It's not the end of the world, but definitely is a bit annoying to see when looking through the server browser. The only other example that is sort of similar I could find here was made in AMX Mod by a user named Arkshine.

Thank you for reading.

Arkshine's Bot Played Time Faker (V1.2)
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=211588

friagram
06-30-2016, 11:31
make a timer that kicks them individually every x-y minutes to simulate a real player.

Mitchell
06-30-2016, 11:40
Please note that you should not use bots to mimic fake players.

Tranced
06-30-2016, 13:52
make a timer that kicks them individually every x-y minutes to simulate a real player.

Neat, thank you for the idea. I was not aware that kicking a bot would reset their time. I'd probably just kick them all at the same time. I actually just gave that a go and had no luck resetting the time. They all rejoined immediately and had the same playtimes. Only thing that resets them from what I've tried is a server restart.

Please note that you should not use bots to mimic fake players.
Of course.

friagram
07-02-2016, 10:35
then set bot quota to 0, wait a few seconds, and reaet it.

Tranced
07-03-2016, 19:56
Friagram, I gave that one a go as well and had no luck. I certainly do appreciate your suggestions though. I thought for sure that one would have done it :|