PDA

View Full Version : [CSGO][Project] Competitive DeathMatch (CompDM)

SuperMechaCow
06-28-2016, 10:51
I play a metric butt-ton of DM in Valve casual servers. I've gotten pretty good at it. I typically win each match in spite of not having an impressively high rank, simply by using tactics that most people do not think about in casual. The more I learn about being good in DM the more I realize that DM has the potential to be a valid competitive format. However, casual DM servers don't have the tools to facilitate this.

I won't go into the nitty-gritty of the actual gameplay. Here's just a quick breakdown of how it differs from casual DM:

5v5
Slightly longer respawn times
Start with $800
Must buy during spawn protection
Do not spawn with armor
Can drop guns
Your prior gun vanishes at the end of your spawn protection
Can buy grenades. Drop one grenade on death
X money on death
Money for kills
Can only pick bonus weapons if you can afford that weapon
Picking a bonus weapon despawns your gear, even stuff your dropped
Kits reload the next gun you pick up
Kits can only be bought by CT side
Chickens!
When a single player earns "X" amount of points or "Y" time has passed, the half ends
Each team earns as many points as the highest score among players on their team
Switch teams at half and reset economy
Players scores start counting from the team score
Game is played until a player reaches a score of "X" times 2 or "Y" time has passed
Player with the highest score wins the match for his team

That being said, I need to figure out how to put these specific mechanics back into DM (whether by common cvars or by plugins):

Can only buy while spawn protection is active
Length/parameters of spawn protection
Remove your prior guns/grenades at the end of spawn protection
Remove your guns immediately when choosing bonus weapon
Money on death (easy, but how much is balanced?)
Preventing respawning with bonus weapon when you do not have enough money for it (might have to write my own bonus weapon system)
Reloading next gun picked up (not bought) when holding a kit, and removing the kit from inventory
Triggering halftime at specific time or score
Setting players score at 2nd half
Triggering match won at specific time or score
If weapons dropped can't be marked for removal, can they be removed after a set time?

I'm not looking for anybody to do this for me, but I'm very interested in hearing how you guys, as developers, would solve these problems. It's been awhile since I've coded a plugin, but I'm confident I can achieve most of these things.

Tell me what you think!