PDA

View Full Version : [L4D2] Normal movement/firing during slowmo

Ultrimo
06-21-2016, 04:55
I would like to combine two plugins:

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=132311?t=132311
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1369117

I want to have a fun server where the time slows down randomly on kills but you keep your movement speed and firing speed. So if the slowdown is 0.2x then the movement speed and attack speed would be changed to 5x for the duration. This would mean that people would feel like time hasn't changed for them but for everything around them. It would look really sick with gore mods and such.

Would this work? Is it difficult to do?

Thanks.

cravenge
06-21-2016, 09:42
It's possible but may lag your server more often. Hmmm, I'm sure Ludastar and I could do it. She can even optimize it to have a good cpu left.

Lux
06-24-2016, 01:13
Yes it's possible you would have to increase animation sequences fire rates ect to make it look normal, also this will mess with other plugins that set playback rate rather than Getting the current playback rate and adding to it and and removing the playback speed, most people set the speed back rather than subtracting it from the current value,
if plugin devs do this other plugins that do the same can co-exist but they dont :c

And cravenge this wont really effect the server, slower speed will save abit of cpu, and faster speed more cpu

Ultrimo
06-24-2016, 18:48
Thanks for the responses guys!

I think the animations being off wouldn't be too much of an issue because if you imagine a pistol firing fast while in slowmotion, the recoil animation would reset on each shot but it would still look kinda funky. Even if it looked a little bit weird with animations being off speed I still think it would be fun.

Coding is a small hobby of mine and I would love to make something like this but It's pretty far off for me. Thank you both for considering and giving me insight into its plausibility, but absolutely no pressure to take it on!