PDA

View Full Version : [REQ] Plugin for playing Valve Soundtracks

Billy Joe Cobra
06-08-2016, 05:56
i have a request, you know that certain games do have their own soundtrack. For example: Left 4 dead 2 has unique Songs from the Midnight Riders: One Badman and Midnight Ride

sounds like a ideas right

cravenge
06-08-2016, 06:47
It's super simple really. All a coder need to do is precache the sound needed by you and make it emit to everyone through a command, button, etc.

Billy Joe Cobra
06-08-2016, 09:02
It's super simple really. All a coder need to do is precache the sound needed by you and make it emit to everyone through a command, button, etc.

I know, but i am just learning stuff, thats all

Billy Joe Cobra
06-08-2016, 10:00
What sound do you need to be played? I'll help you make that plugin.

well, the sounds are from the Midnight riders of L4D2

One Badman
Midnightride

if you want to add me, here is my profile link: http://steamcommunity.com/id/IshidoShuuji35/

Billy Joe Cobra
06-08-2016, 10:15
What game do you want the sounds to play? What option do you want them to be played -> by buttons, by commands, etc.? Sorry for bothering you with all the questions, I'm just clarifying it to be sure.

Team Fortress 2, by command

its ok

cravenge
06-08-2016, 11:22
Okay, here you go! I already added chat notifications and play mode to suit your needs.

If you already have the sounds, please create a folder named unique in your sounds folder and inside that folder, create another one named midnightriders and put the sounds there. If not, I'll attach them later because it is so big that it exceeds the upload limit.

Billy Joe Cobra
06-08-2016, 12:24
Okay, here you go! I already added chat notifications and play mode to suit your needs.

If you already have the sounds, please create a folder named unique in your sounds folder and inside that folder, create another one named midnightriders and put the sounds there. If not, I'll attach them later because it is so big that it exceeds the upload limit.

thanks alot, one more question

What command do i have to type on chat

Edit: there is a issue, TF2 or the server seems to be unable to load the sounds

cravenge
06-09-2016, 00:15
thanks alot, one more question

What command do i have to type on chat

Edit: there is a issue, TF2 or the server seems to be unable to load the soundsHmmm, my friend already tested it since I don't have TF2 installed but he does. He said it works fine, server loads the sounds. Maybe you didn't put the folders yet.

For the commands, type !playbm for bad man or !playmr for midnight ride. To stop it, type !stopbm ONLY if bad man is the song playing or !stopmr ONLY if midnight ride.

The play mode can be configured to 0 (Play them to yourself), 1 (Play them to you and your team), 2 (Play them to your enemies), 3 (Play them to all players).

Billy Joe Cobra
06-09-2016, 01:50
Hmmm, my friend already tested it since I don't have TF2 installed but he does. He said it works fine, server loads the sounds. Maybe you didn't put the folders yet.

For the commands, type !playbm for bad man or !playmr for midnight ride. To stop it, type !stopbm ONLY if bad man is the song playing or !stopmr ONLY if midnight ride.

The play mode can be configured to 0 (Play them to yourself), 1 (Play them to you and your team), 2 (Play them to your enemies), 3 (Play them to all players).

i putted them in the correct folder, even in the TF2 directory`

this is the error

Failed to load sound "unique\midnightriders\midnightride.wav", file probably missing from disk/repository

Billy Joe Cobra
06-09-2016, 10:48
yep, thats where i put the sounds

is that snd_rebuildaudiocache a console command?

cravenge
06-09-2016, 11:08
I don't play TF2 usually but yes it's a console command.

Billy Joe Cobra
06-09-2016, 12:33
I don't play TF2 usually but yes it's a console command.

i tried that command out, but still, TF2 cant load/read the sound files

Billy Joe Cobra
06-10-2016, 02:02
Did you put them to the sound folder which has the sound.cache file?

yes

cravenge
06-10-2016, 04:13
Well, try snd_rebuildaudiocache and after that, snd_updateaudiocache.

Billy Joe Cobra
06-10-2016, 13:08
Well, try snd_rebuildaudiocache and after that, snd_updateaudiocache.

in the server console or TF2 console

cravenge
06-11-2016, 11:08
Both.

Billy Joe Cobra
06-12-2016, 05:19
Both.

i tried that, but TF2 dont recognize the commands

cravenge
06-12-2016, 06:38
What are the cvars list you see when you type snd_?

Billy Joe Cobra
06-15-2016, 09:03
I think this thread is good as solved, the problem is, the targetlines of my srcds shortcut was set to sv_pure 1 for some reason

so, admins, lock this thread