PDA

View Full Version : Setting up surf maps on a dedicated surf server in CS:GO

aoerden
03-12-2016, 15:13
hi,
so i am new to setting up custom servers for csgo. i do have basic knowladge of coding and servers, but i just cant seem to make this work.

So to what am trying to do: a offline surf server just for me to practice maps as long as i want(surf_lt_omnific).

To my problem: i made a dedicated server for csgo. Applied ckSurf timer plugin on it. So after i installed the timer i went into the server on surf_lt_omnific and started setting up the zones. Thats where the problem lies, 1) i dont exactly understand all the types of the misc zones.
2nd and the more annoying problem, i cant go from stage 1 to stage 2. i just get stuck in the light at the end of stage 1. Couldnt find a way to set up stage zones for it or any kind of zone that lets me get to the 2nd stage to no avail.
I started looking around in google as to how correctly to setup stage maps but couldnt find any sort of help.

so as a last resort i decided to post a thread here to get done with this fast..

i would enjoy every piece of information on this matter and on how to actually setup maps with ckSurf timer plugin, as there are no tutorials(or i couldnt find them) for it.

I will be in your debt,
Aoerden

Virtually
03-13-2016, 08:43
1: did u set up mysql server?

If mysql isnt working the timer Will the same, server need to have that connection to that or plugin fails, and Can u ADD more details of your mysql setup and so on? Pictures?

aoerden
03-13-2016, 20:10
i did not setup any mysql server and did not configure any database. Everything is on a local PC, where i made a server for myself. ckSurf is working, most of the maps are working and are zoned correctly(staged ones too). The only problem i have is with surf_lt_omnific.
There is a surf_lt_omnific_fix version of it which i will be applying tomorrow to see if it changes anything. I suspect the telehops on the version i applied are messed up.

As to the mysql database, i am using the one that comes with sourcemod. I just added ckSurf to the database config and thats it.

My question was and still remains on how to setup zones and zonetyps manually and what exactly the types do, then apply it to stage maps.

i will post pictures tomorrow when i get free.

thnx for the help