PDA

View Full Version : Anyone still use HLSW and Sourcebans

durangod
03-07-2016, 02:03
Hi, I only have one CS:GO server right now. My other servers are BF3 AND BF4 and i use procon for those.

But for my CS:GO server i need like most admins a remote manager. I hear that you can now do rcon commands on Sourcebans which is impressive. However HLSW has it all, bans, rcon, visual server spikes and all of that.

But then again HLSW does work but its forum has gone dark and what do you do if you need support.
Where as sourcebans is still actively being developed.

So since i am new to this whole deal,if anyone has used both, do you still use both or have you given up one for the other?

There is no sense in me having too many things running at once right now for one server so far.

Thanks

DarkDeviL
03-07-2016, 05:14
But for my CS:GO server i need like most admins a remote manager. I hear that you can now do rcon commands on Sourcebans which is impressive. However HLSW has it all, bans, rcon, visual server spikes and all of that.

I've been seeing the RCON thing on SourceBans since at least around 2012, if not before. So that one isn't new. :-)

But then again HLSW does work but its forum has gone dark and what do you do if you need support.
Where as sourcebans is still actively being developed.

The official SourceBans seem quite dead, the one that is somewhat alive is a fork.

So since i am new to this whole deal,if anyone has used both, do you still use both or have you given up one for the other?

I've never really been using HLSW actively, but SourceBans has been a great tool for shared bans and configuring admin access though. :-)

fysiks
03-07-2016, 08:31
I use HLSW to access Rcon when not in-game. I don't really use it for much else.