PDA

View Full Version : [TF2]Update 3/3/2016

Dr_Knuckles
03-03-2016, 19:54
So anyone else have their servers reboot and be on random maps not specified in the command line? Whats the deal with that?

PC Gamer
03-03-2016, 21:15
I've noticed two problems so far with the 3 March TF2 Update...

1. The players tab on the Console GUI only shows three players even though 22 are in game. When you change the map all 22 players are briefly displayed for a couple seconds then only displays 3 players.

2. The map will sometimes change to a random map from the maps directory even when that map is not specified in the umc_mapcycle.txt or umc_randommaplist.txt files.

Phaiz
03-03-2016, 22:53
Yes. Two of my servers have been changing maps on their own it seems.

Phaiz
03-04-2016, 12:30
Anyone figure out a way to prevent this from happening?

Looks to happen mainly when the server empties. Once the last person leaves (or the first person joins, dunno yet) that's when the server changes to a different map. If you're the only person in the server and use 'retry' it will also change.

Talk about annoying.

Dr_Knuckles
03-04-2016, 19:22
It looks like my servers that don't have a mapcycle.txt with maps listed in it change to default maps for reasons I am unaware of. To fix, I just added that and things are good.

Phaiz
03-04-2016, 21:25
It looks like my servers that don't have a mapcycle.txt with maps listed in it change to default maps for reasons I am unaware of. To fix, I just added that and things are good.

Well I can confirm that. The only server of mine not changing maps is the one with said file. What a strange issue.

Dr_Knuckles
03-04-2016, 23:13
Yeah, weird.