PDA

View Full Version : [CS 1.6]20 and 10

ThoughtLess
03-02-2016, 17:36
First plugin ever, I believe it does everything I want it to now, but there will be issues I'm sure

Made for my favorite server to enforce a rule that restricts primary weapon access for any player that gets 20 kills before reaching 10 deaths.

Admin Commands
lod2010_disable_map <map> -Disable Specific Map eg. fy_snow
lod2010_disable_map <no args> -Disable Current map (will not take effect until map restart)

Thanks to Soccdoodcss' "Got Skills?" code with
"Weapon Slot Stocks" integrated/modified in as well.

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=65039
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=65049

1.0: Release
1.1: Forgot to clear warnings
1.2: Fixed information for disable map command
Fixed issue with disable map command
Fixed NUM_KILLS AND NUM_DEATHS values
1.3: Removed player count debug message

Optimizations/suggestions welcome.

oldnader
03-02-2016, 18:02
ThoughtLess (https://forums.alliedmods.net/member.php?u=268174)

Thank you for enjoying the -=[LOD]=- server. We appreciate your posts at clanlod.net/forums.

When this is tested and approved, please remind us so we can try it out.

Your long time playing buddy,

-=[LOD]=-OldN@der

ThoughtLess
04-06-2016, 18:12
Bump?

Syturi0
04-11-2016, 08:55
I dont get it.
Whats the point of restricting primary wep when he gets 20 kills before 10 deaths?...

ThoughtLess
04-11-2016, 18:09
Its a balancing issue, some are better than others, this is to help "level" the playing field.
It's already a rule on the server this plugin is for, but people must comply voluntarily.
This makes it mandatory.

And honestly this plugin is for one server, I posted it here because I was hoping for technical feedback but that seems futile now.

WAR3DM
04-19-2016, 23:54
Shouldn't it just restrict the player with 20-10?

ThoughtLess
04-20-2016, 02:12
Shouldn't it just restrict the player with 20-10?

?? That's exactly what it does. I'll try to make the description clearer I guess.

GodOfWonders
07-03-2016, 20:20
I dont get it.
Whats the point of restricting primary wep when he gets 20 kills before 10 deaths?...

Our CS 1.6 Server has a rule of 20/10 K : D ratio and you must play the rest of the map with pistols. We did this to combat players with exceptional skill levels running players out of our server. Now as you may know that a rule of that design can be somewhat hard to enforce. We as admins sometimes don't realize someone is breaking the rule until they are 25/8 for example. Thoughtless decided it would help us out by making a plugin to enforce this rule for us. I have tested it out and it seems to be functioning properly. I've wondered about any feedback that could be given on the AM forums as to if the code is clean enough and would meet the moderators specifications to be an approved plugin. I want to make sure that there would be no instance of the plugin crashing the server when enabled with a high traffic server. I have only tested on a low traffic server and it seems to perform fine.

HamletEagle
07-04-2016, 05:04
I've wondered about any feedback that could be given on the AM forums as to if the code is clean enough and would meet the moderators specifications to be an approved plugin

No, but if ThoughtLess wants to improve his plugin I can suggest changes.

ThoughtLess
07-06-2016, 00:10
No, but if ThoughtLess wants to improve his plugin I can suggest changes.

I would very much appreciate any feedback/suggestions, fire away!

*Also, no what exactly? No feedback or it can't be approved?

HamletEagle
07-08-2016, 05:16
I said it can't be approved right now, you need to make some changes. Will edit this post when I have time to check the source.

GodOfWonders
08-14-2016, 20:22
Was just wondering if you had time to check the source yet or not. I know everyone in the AM community is really busy.