PDA

View Full Version : [TF2] Plugin Request: Player Boss HealthBar

Willuminati
11-15-2015, 15:42
hello AlliedModders, i'm currently looking for a plugin that allows an admin to give themselves (or someone else) a healthbar like Merasmus and Monoculus.

Hopefully you guys could think of something to make this possible.

Msalinas2877
11-15-2015, 19:55
I made this on my phone

ddhoward
11-15-2015, 22:25
attached file

FindTarget() and ProcessTargetString() exist for a reason. ;)

Potato Uno
11-15-2015, 23:26
Does that netprop even work? As far as I know that only works if the game mode is Mann vs Machine (giant robots with bosses have it set to 1).

Or maybe that's just a HUD-only thing.

ddhoward
11-16-2015, 04:13
Yeah I just tried it on myself and it didn't seem to work.

Someone could probably create a working plugin modified from this plugin (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=188543). If no one does it before tomorrow night I'll crank one out in an hour or so.

Powerlord
11-16-2015, 15:51
It's a bit trickier dealing with players as players can be healed.

I have some code (https://github.com/powerlord/sourcemod-tf2-force-holidays/blob/master/addons/sourcemod/scripting/player_healthbar.sp), but I need to test if touching healthkits and respawn cabinets works or if I need to code that separately.

Incidentally, Uno Potato is right about the boss attribute only working on MvM... you need the MvM GUI showing for it.

Potato Uno
11-16-2015, 23:43
Actually Ross, I'm not sure if the healing is relevant to the boss health bar. At least in MvM, the giant heal on kill heavies in mannhattan can heal +8000 HP on kill and the boss health bar works fine. If you attach a giant medic to it, you also can see it heal up gradually.

That being said, that's mann vs machine where that feature was explicitly designed on that game mode.

Powerlord
11-17-2015, 00:20
Actually Ross, I'm not sure if the healing is relevant to the boss health bar. At least in MvM, the giant heal on kill heavies in mannhattan can heal +8000 HP on kill and the boss health bar works fine. If you attach a giant medic to it, you also can see it heal up gradually.

That being said, that's mann vs machine where that feature was explicitly designed on that game mode.

The Monoculus/Merasmus health bar isn't automatic. You manually update a netprop on the monster_resource entity to update it.

Trie1950gustrcom
03-30-2017, 15:30
Yeah I just tried it on myself and it didn't seem to work.

Someone could probably create a working plugin modified from this plugin (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=188543). If no one does it before tomorrow night I'll crank one out in an hour or so.

Hey could you do this today? it would help IMMENSELY. i have been needing this since 2014.
i don't know how to code, i know, but damn how has no one created this yet?

i would GREATLY appreciate it if you actually coded one and compiled it and published it PLEASE

Trie1950gustrcom
04-01-2017, 02:05
yo can someone do this already? Id LOVE IT if someone did, i am really in need of one.