PDA

View Full Version : SourceMod 1.7.2 and Metamod:Source 1.10.5 Released

psychonic
05-30-2015, 09:23
SourceMod 1.7.2 and Metamod:Source 1.10.5 have now been released.

As usual for our minor releases, they primarily contain updates to game compatibility and bug fixes.

MM:S 1.10.5 adds support for Black Mesa (SM 1.8.0-dev or later still required), updates CS:GO support, and fixes an issue with game detection in Nuclear Dawn.

The entire SM 1.7.2 changelog is below:

Updated game compatibility for the latest CS:GO updates.
Fixed potential crash when using SDKTools GameRules_* natives.
Fixed regression in v1.7.0 causing admin-sql-threaded plugin to not properly load admins.
Fixed leak in plugin heap memory that could lead to "Not enough space on the heap" error.

See the release notes for the full SourceMod changelog.

You can get SourceMod 1.7.2 from the downloads (http://www.sourcemod.net/downloads.php) page. Some support links:

Need help upgrading (http://wiki.alliedmods.net/Upgrading_SourceMod)?
Release notes (http://wiki.alliedmods.net/SourceMod_1.7.2_Release_Notes).

Thanks to all community members that contributed, as well as the rest of the SM Dev Team.

Horsedick
05-30-2015, 10:29
awesome thanks.

Maxximou5
05-31-2015, 02:53
Classic CS:GO, always making the list.

Thanks for the continued updates.

bombjack
05-31-2015, 04:22
Hi,
Since the update of CS:GO a while ago, my server refuses to load SM. I've tried various combinations of MM/SM snapshot builds without luck and eventually gave up and thought "I'll wait for official release". Now that it's here, SM still does not load. This is what I see:

meta list
Listing 1 plugin:
[01] <FAILED>
meta load addons/sourcemod/bin/sourcemod_mm_i486
Failed to load plugin addons/sourcemod/bin/sourcemod_mm_i486 (/home/<username>/csgo_server/csgo/addons/sourcemod/bin/sourcemod.2.csgo.so: undefined symbol: _ZZ15GetBitForBitnumi13bitsForBitnum

Server is running on Linux and uses version "1.34.8.6/13486 6040 secure"

Any thoughts?

RedSword
05-31-2015, 11:12
Congrats & thanks for the quick support.

Hi,
Since the update of CS:GO a while ago, my server refuses to load SM. I've tried various combinations of MM/SM snapshot builds without luck and eventually gave up and thought "I'll wait for official release". Now that it's here, SM still does not load. This is what I see:

meta list
Listing 1 plugin:
[01] <FAILED>
Failed to load plugin addons/sourcemod/bin/sourcemod_mm_i486 (/home/<username>/csgo_server/csgo/addons/sourcemod/bin/sourcemod.2.csgo.so: undefined symbol: _ZZ15GetBitForBitnumi13bitsForBitnum

Any thoughts?

Update your game server. Temporarily remove all addons & try launching your server; then add only mm & relaunch; followed by SM & relaunch. Don't forget to replace all binaries when updating. If you're unsure try the recent current devs (note that mm also has a dev snapshot; thought the 1.10.5 just released should do the job).

bombjack
06-04-2015, 06:43
Congrats & thanks for the quick support.

Update your game server. Temporarily remove all addons & try launching your server; then add only mm & relaunch; followed by SM & relaunch. Don't forget to replace all binaries when updating. If you're unsure try the recent current devs (note that mm also has a dev snapshot; thought the 1.10.5 just released should do the job).

Thanks for input. I tried to re-install cs-go (i.e. I removed the csgo directory and ran update). The server was re-installed by the update. I then applied MM 1.10.5 and SM SM 1.7.2. Result is the same. SM does not load with the same error message as above. I also tried to remove all stock plugins from SM with no luck. I don't what else I can do now. Could it be that the update created new dependencies or something? (I am using a quite old version of Fedora)

PS: version of CS:GO is now 1.34.8.7, protocol version 13487, build date May 26.

RedSword
06-04-2015, 06:51
Thanks for input. I tried to re-install cs-go (i.e. I removed the csgo directory and ran update). The server was re-installed by the update. I then applied MM 1.10.5 and SM SM 1.7.2. Result is the same. SM does not load with the same error message as above. I also tried to remove all stock plugins from SM with no luck. I don't what else I can do now. Could it be that the update created new dependencies or something? (I am using a quite old version of Fedora)

PS: version of CS:GO is now 1.34.8.7, protocol version 13487, build date May 26.

... Temporarily remove all addons & try launching your server ...

*sigh*

bombjack
06-04-2015, 08:56
*sigh*

Tried sarcasm too, but that did not work.

I'm sorry I did not explain exactly what I have done. I did follow your instruction to add one thing at a time, even though I do not understand why. I know the server itself works, that MM is running but SM is not. I do software testing as part of my profession and I do know how to follow an instruction. But your instruction fails to state what the outcome should be in each step and what to look for. Anyway, Here is what I did:

1. I started a vanilla server. Result: OK, it works
2. I add MM (1.10.5 official) and restart. Result. OK, it works and MM is running
3. I add SM (1.7.2 official) and try to load it. Result: NOK, result as I stated above (see below)

VAC secure mode is activated.
GC Connection established for server version 187, instance idx 1
meta version
Metamod:Source version 1.10.5
Built from: https://github.com/alliedmodders/metamod-source/commit/e0ef546
Build ID: 939:e0ef546
Loaded As: Valve Server Plugin
Compiled on: May 30 2015
Plugin interface version: 15:14
SourceHook version: 5:5
http://www.metamodsource.net/
meta list
No plugins loaded.
Failed to load plugin addons/sourcemod/bin/sourcemod_mm_i486 (/home/<username>/csgo_server/csgo/addons/sourcemod/bin/sourcemod.2.csgo.so: undefined symbol: _ZZ15GetBitForBitnumiE13bitsForBitnum).

And yes, I am aware there are dev snapshots for both MM and SM. It's stated in my first post.

RedSword
06-04-2015, 09:08
The point was to ensure SM was the source of the problem (and not MM; I was wondering if your MM was loading fine and if other possible extensions ran fine); which you didn't make clear in the posts previous to your last one. When I said "launch your server", I had in mind that launching your server would occur without problems. Sorry if that wasn't clear enough.

Red

Powerlord
06-04-2015, 12:00
The point was to ensure SM was the source of the problem (and not MM; I was wondering if your MM was loading fine and if other possible extensions ran fine); which you didn't make clear in the posts previous to your last one. When I said "launch your server", I had in mind that launching your server would occur without problems. Sorry if that wasn't clear enough.

Red

MM:S can still be the source of the problem if SourceMod doesn't load.

See also: The multiple times Valve changed the filesystem interface.

Toledostoner
06-04-2015, 13:32
I have updated to 1.7.2 For Counter Strike Source , and everything works great except 1 thing ..... when I or any other admin brings up the admin menu every command is there except Ban. i went and looked at the admin_simple.ini and everything looks fine. any idea's? cause im stumped... please help, Thank-You.

ocwoody
06-04-2015, 14:02
I have updated to 1.7.2 For Counter Strike Source , and everything works great except 1 thing ..... when I or any other admin brings up the admin menu every command is there except Ban. i went and looked at the admin_simple.ini and everything looks fine. any idea's? cause im stumped... please help, Thank-You.

Restart your server and the ban option should reappear. This happened because of sourcebans.

Powerlord
06-04-2015, 14:03
Admin menu items are controlled by the Permissions system. Do your admins have the d flag and/or sm_ban override?

Toledostoner
06-04-2015, 14:42
I have restarted the server, and no luck. And Yes i have the D flags in place. that is why im so confused

zaerius
06-04-2015, 14:45
Hi,

meta list
Listing 1 plugin:
[01] <FAILED>

Any thoughts?

Hi I'm running a couple of CSGO servers on Linux fedora and I have the exact same issue as bombjack. Servers are up to date. I've tried a lot of MM and SM snapshot combinations but the result is always the same, MM runs fine but SM cannot load.
Plugin 1 is not loaded.
File: /home/cstrike/servertest/csgo/fungo/csgo/addons/sourcemod/bin/sourcemod_mm_i486.so
Failed to load plugin addons/sourcemod/bin/sourcemod_mm (/home/cstrike/servertest/csgo/fungo/csgo/addons/sourcemod/bin/sourcemod.2.csgo.so: undefined symbol: _ZZ15GetBitForBitnumiE13bitsForBitnum).
Srsly Im running out of ideas I've tried everything, I need help with this.

bombjack
06-05-2015, 17:46
Hi I'm running a couple of CSGO servers on Linux fedora and I have the exact same issue as bombjack. Servers are up to date. I've tried a lot of MM and SM snapshot combinations but the result is always the same, MM runs fine but SM cannot load.
Plugin 1 is not loaded.
File: /home/cstrike/servertest/csgo/fungo/csgo/addons/sourcemod/bin/sourcemod_mm_i486.so
Failed to load plugin addons/sourcemod/bin/sourcemod_mm (/home/cstrike/servertest/csgo/fungo/csgo/addons/sourcemod/bin/sourcemod.2.csgo.so: undefined symbol: _ZZ15GetBitForBitnumiE13bitsForBitnum).

Which version of Fedora are you using? I installed cs:go together with MM and SM on an old laptop using Fedora 21: worked like charm! On my failing server I use Fedora 11 (painfully old, I know. But I have reasons to stay on that installation a.t.m.) I am re-installing cs:go from scratch right now, but it's taking forever to download. I'll get back with result as soon as I know if that helped.

Toledostoner
06-05-2015, 23:58
Still having troubles , No admin ban. All my admins, their flags include the "d" flag. And i have restarted the server several times including the auto daily restart, and its still not showing ban in the admin control panel. Please any suggestions would help...

asherkin
06-06-2015, 07:38
Still having troubles , No admin ban. All my admins, their flags include the "d" flag. And i have restarted the server several times including the auto daily restart, and its still not showing ban in the admin control panel. Please any suggestions would help...

Try reading the error logs, you're probably missing the ban reasons file.

Toledostoner
06-06-2015, 13:31
Ban reason File?

bombjack
06-06-2015, 14:57
Which version of Fedora are you using? I installed cs:go together with MM and SM on an old laptop using Fedora 21: worked like charm! On my failing server I use Fedora 11 (painfully old, I know. But I have reasons to stay on that installation a.t.m.) I am re-installing cs:go from scratch right now, but it's taking forever to download. I'll get back with result as soon as I know if that helped.

I have now re-installed cs:go from scratch and it still does not work. I guess there are dependencies or similar that needs to be updated. I will have to live without SM until I get time to update Fedora.

zaerius
06-08-2015, 12:48
Hi here is the info of the OS:

Linux version 2.6.27.41-170.2.117.fc10.i686.PAE ([email protected]) (gcc version 4.3.2 20081105 (Red Hat 4.3.2-7) (GCC) ) #1 SMP Thu Dec 10 10:48:30 EST 2009

asherkin
06-08-2015, 12:53
Considering Fedora 10 has been EOL for well over 5 years, I really doubt we're gonna be digging into errors occurring when running SourceMod on it.

Toledostoner
06-09-2015, 10:02
Still cant figure this out, and im not sure about the " ban reason" file you mentioned. I looked at my backup files and current files and see no such file in either.

TnTSCS
06-09-2015, 10:30
there is a banreasons.txt file in the addons\sourcemod\configs folder. It's included in the sourcemod release downloads.

Toledostoner
06-09-2015, 10:41
Ok I found the file, and it was missing on the server. I uploaded it to the server and now everything works proper, Thank You Very Much For all the Help, Sorry To Be a Bother.

bombjack
06-10-2015, 03:52
Considering Fedora 10 has been EOL for well over 5 years, I really doubt we're gonna be digging into errors occurring when running SourceMod on it.

I fully understand. I wouldn't either.

@zaerius: Considering that it works just fine on Fedora 21, but not for you on Fedora 10 and not for me on Fedora 11, makes me believe the easiest way forward is to update the OS. Of course, it's possible to investigate what goes wrong and patch the current installation, but I neither have the time nor the interest to do that work. I will install the latest Fedora and take it from there.

scso1502
06-13-2015, 13:53
Quick question for Asherikin or someone who knows. A while back, Valve changed TF2 to use the steamID3 format thus breaking 1.6 SourceMod fork until a patch was done and released via a snapshot. If I recall correctly, at that time 1.7 only supported the steamID3 format but there was some discussion somewhere that 1.7 would eventually support both formats including steamID and steamID3.

For many years I've used the original Sourcebans 1.4.11 and still run a snapshot of SM 1.6 because SB 1.4.11 uses steamID and not steamID3. My banning system is very important to me and was hoping someone could clarify as to whether or not SM 1.7 now supports the original steamID format or if it still only uses steamID3.

Thank you for your time.

RedSword
06-13-2015, 23:40
Quick question for Asherikin or someone who knows. A while back, Valve changed TF2 to use the steamID3 format thus breaking 1.6 SourceMod fork until a patch was done and released via a snapshot. If I recall correctly, at that time 1.7 only supported the steamID3 format but there was some discussion somewhere that 1.7 would eventually support both formats including steamID and steamID3.

For many years I've used the original Sourcebans 1.4.11 and still run a snapshot of SM 1.6 because SB 1.4.11 uses steamID and not steamID3. My banning system is very important to me and was hoping someone could clarify as to whether or not SM 1.7 now supports the original steamID format or if it still only uses steamID3.

Thank you for your time.

In 1.7 GetClientAuthString is deprecated and GetClientAuthId should be used. This means that the plugin coder can decide to choose his SteamId format, instead of the default one. I.e. they can choose to always have the STEAM_0:1:2345 instead or one of the few other various forms (i.e. [U:1:234]. Since SB wasn't updated after the TF2 SteamId3 update, it used the new default one.

Regarding Sourceban, it has been mentioned somewhere that the corrections needed for SB to handle the 1.7 change are found in the many pages of the SB plugin thread. If you don't want to search and do them yourself you could try to use a forked version (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2303384). Note that I didn't try it myself.

Looking at the 15/11/14 update of that plugin, it says it now handles Steam3, which should solve your problem. You may need to ban your player by the appropriate SteamId however (i.e. if you manually add them). There are ways to convert from one SteamId format to another if needed.

Red

scso1502
06-15-2015, 16:27
Thank you very much RedSword. I appreciate all the info.

I was really hoping that SM 1.7 would work for both steamID formats at the same time rather than just one or the other. My time is terribly limited these days so migrating everything over for SourceBans is something I just don't have time for right now. That and it's working great so I don't want to mess with it.

I went ahead and updated my servers to SM 1.7 and after doing so, SourceBans still works THANK GOD!, but I noticed HLSW can no longer retrieve the steamIDs of players in my servers like it could when I was running SM 1.6. It now only grabs the IP addresses. This is really unfortunate because managing all my servers without HLSW working like it did is yet another hurdle and having steamIDs in there is a huge benefit..

At this point I may just revert back to SM 1.6. SM 1.7 Doesn't offer me anything I don't have right now so I can delay the inevitable a little longer, at least until the next big Valve Update breaks SM 1.6 for good.

Thanks again for your time. I really appreciate it.

asherkin
06-15-2015, 17:43
If old, buggy, unmaintained software is having trouble with Steam3 IDs, then it's probably the old, buggy, unmaintained software that is the problem.

psychonic
06-15-2015, 18:34
I was really hoping that SM 1.7 would work for both steamID formats at the same time
It does.

jeezz
06-16-2015, 06:19
installed, everything runs good.
when people join the server crash.
this is the error in my logs:

Info (map "") (file "errors_20150616.log")
Failed lookup of gEntList - Reverting to networkable entities only
L 06/16/2015 - 12:05:40: [SDKTOOLS] Could not locate FireOutput - Disabling detour
L 06/16/2015 - 12:05:40: [SDKTOOLS] Failed to find PlayerRunCmd offset - OnPlayerRunCmd forward disabled.
L 06/16/2015 - 12:05:44: [nextmap.smx] FATAL: Cannot load map cycle. Nextmap not loaded.
L 06/16/2015 - 12:05:44: [SM] Plugin encountered error 25: Call was aborted
L 06/16/2015 - 12:05:44: [SM] Native "SetFailState" reported: Mapcycle Not Found
L 06/16/2015 - 12:05:44: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "nextmap.smx":
L 06/16/2015 - 12:05:44: [SM] [0] Line 139, D:\builds\build-sourcemod-msvc12\windows-1.7\build\plugins\nextmap.sp::FindAndSetNextM ap()
L 06/16/2015 - 12:05:44: [SM] [1] Line 109, D:\builds\build-sourcemod-msvc12\windows-1.7\build\plugins\nextmap.sp::OnConfigsExecut e

any new sm version after 1.4.8 is fail.
only sm version that works is 1.4.8 or older versions.
really wanna fix this, i fight with this allready a long time.
is here somebody that have Skype, and wanna help me out?
cos im sure, i cant fix this problem here on chat.
the game is counter strike.
thanks so much!

psychonic
06-16-2015, 06:48
Only the latest version of the game, from Steam, is supported.

igotfits
06-16-2015, 15:34
Sourcemod 1.7.3-git5214 (http://www.sourcemod.net/smdrop/1.7/sourcemod-1.7.3-git5214-windows.zip): Got this badboy updated on our servers today and in the admin menu we lost the BAN option, any idea on what can cause this?
Im using sourcebans 1.4.11

Lord Nightmare
06-17-2015, 04:57
Question if my Sourcemod have been updated to 1.7.2 then i need to recompile some plugin to new version or new syntax version?

psychonic
06-17-2015, 08:45
Question if my Sourcemod have been updated to 1.7.2 then i need to recompile some plugin to new version or new syntax version?
No, with very few exceptions, all plugins compiled on earlier versions should continue to run as-is.

scso1502
06-20-2015, 14:49
Thank you psychonic. I'm afraid I don't know how the code behind plugins works so I ask some elementary questions sometimes. Hopefully you and the guys don't mind answering them. I know it can be annoying sometimes.

I noticed HLSW can no longer retrieve and display the steamIDs of players in my servers like it could when I was running SM 1.6. It now only grabs the IP addresses when viewing players in the servers I run and the optional field for capturing the steamID is grayed out and unavailable now. I reverted one of the servers back to SM 1.6 and the HLSW steamID capture field started working again, so the 1.7 update definitely changed some behavior with HLSW.

Is there anyway to restore this functionality to HLSW with SM 1.7 so HLSW can grab the steamIDs of the players? It was great to be able to click a user's steamID in HLSW so I could open their profile or ban them in SourceBans without having to do a bunch of leg work on the Web to get the info.

Thank you and have a great weekend.

scso1502
06-20-2015, 14:52
Dear igotfits:

I've had that same problem of losing the ban option after updating SourceMod in the past as well. I'm not sure if you use SourceBans, but if you do, I found that simply unloading the SourceBans plugin using the sm plugins unload command and then loading it again using sm plugins load command from the server's console fixed it for me.

If you don't use SourceBans, you may find reloading the Basebans plugin or whatever custom ban plugin you use will fix it. USING THE SM PLUGINS RELOAD COMMAND DOES NOT CORRECT THE PROBLEM, it must be unloaded and then loaded using the appropriate commands for this solution to work.

EDIT & ADDED on 6/22/15: Ironically I just had this very same problem on one of my servers after upgrading to SM 1.7.3. All the others worked fine after the update but one didn't. I did what I wrote above and the Ban command is now back on the SM Menu and working.

Good luck!

Powerlord
06-20-2015, 18:05
Thank you psychonic. I'm afraid I don't know how the code behind plugins works so I ask some elementary questions sometimes. Hopefully you and the guys don't mind answering them. I know it can be annoying sometimes.

I noticed HLSW can no longer retrieve and display the steamIDs of players in my servers like it could when I was running SM 1.6. It now only grabs the IP addresses when viewing players in the servers I run and the optional field for capturing the steamID is grayed out and unavailable now. I reverted one of the servers back to SM 1.6 and the HLSW steamID capture field started working again, so the 1.7 update definitely changed some behavior with HLSW.

Is there anyway to restore this functionality to HLSW with SM 1.7 so HLSW can grab the steamIDs of the players? It was great to be able to click a user's steamID in HLSW so I could open their profile or ban them in SourceBans without having to do a bunch of leg work on the Web to get the info.

Thank you and have a great weekend.

HLSW was relying on old behavior.

TF2 switched to SteamID3 sometime last year.

SourceMod 1.6.1 (or was it 1.6.2) and newer had a compatibility hack to make certain parts of SourceMod return SteamID2 (the old format) instead.

SourceMod 1.7.0 and newer no longer have that compatibility hack and it sounds like HLSW has it hard-coded to check for SteamId2 values and not show them if it thinks the format is wrong.

Edit: Side note, it is possible to get SteamID2 values in newer plugins, but it requires a new method call to do it (GetSteamAuthId)

scso1502
06-20-2015, 21:56
Thank you for the info Powerlord. Do you have any idea if a plugin exists for that purpose that I could load on my servers to continue to collect the steamID2 info for SourceBans?

Thanks and hope you're having a good weekend.

Potato Uno
06-21-2015, 08:40
I don't know what plugins you use or what gets sent to where, but you can use the following function to get the steam 2 ID: (I think this is correct)

https://sm.alliedmods.net/new-api/clients/GetClientAuthId

char SteamID[100];
GetClientAuthId(iClient, AuthId_Steam2, SteamID, sizeof(SteamID), true);
// SteamID string now contains the steam 2 ID of the client with client index 'iClient'

Horsedick
06-21-2015, 10:15
If you want HLSW to pull the logs and display SteamID with the latest SM or the SteamID3 change then install the Superlogs plugin. The only issue I have with that plugin is it needs to be fixed as its throwing a few small errors that aren't stopping it from working but well its annoying.

scso1502
06-22-2015, 20:21
Thanks Potato and Horse! I'll look into these. Much appreciated brothers...

NIK12184
06-28-2015, 20:27
Just got SourceMod 1.7.2 but server crashed with these errors any know why?

L 06/28/2015 - 20:23:57: SourceMod error session started
L 06/28/2015 - 20:23:57: Info (map "") (file "errors_20150628.log")
L 06/28/2015 - 20:23:57: Failed lookup of gEntList - Reverting to networkable entities only
L 06/28/2015 - 20:23:58: Error log file session closed.
L 06/28/2015 - 20:23:58: SourceMod error session started
L 06/28/2015 - 20:23:58: Info (map "kw2mp_078_sadrcity") (file "errors_20150628.log")
L 06/28/2015 - 20:23:58: [SDKTOOLS] Could not locate FireOutput - Disabling detour
L 06/28/2015 - 20:23:58: [SDKTOOLS] Failed to find PlayerRunCmd offset - OnPlayerRunCmd forward disabled.
L 06/28/2015 - 20:24:13: Error log file session closed.

psychonic
06-28-2015, 20:42
Just got SourceMod 1.7.2 but server crashed with these errors any know why?

L 06/28/2015 - 20:23:57: SourceMod error session started
L 06/28/2015 - 20:23:57: Info (map "") (file "errors_20150628.log")
L 06/28/2015 - 20:23:57: Failed lookup of gEntList - Reverting to networkable entities only
L 06/28/2015 - 20:23:58: Error log file session closed.
L 06/28/2015 - 20:23:58: SourceMod error session started
L 06/28/2015 - 20:23:58: Info (map "kw2mp_078_sadrcity") (file "errors_20150628.log")
L 06/28/2015 - 20:23:58: [SDKTOOLS] Could not locate FireOutput - Disabling detour
L 06/28/2015 - 20:23:58: [SDKTOOLS] Failed to find PlayerRunCmd offset - OnPlayerRunCmd forward disabled.
L 06/28/2015 - 20:24:13: Error log file session closed.
Unsupported game and poor error handling.

NIK12184
06-28-2015, 21:24
Poor error handling? And how could I get the game supported?

ddhoward
06-28-2015, 22:12
how could I get the game supported?

Learn how to program in C/C++, and make the appropriate contributions/modifications to Sourcemod itself to make it compatible with your game.

Peace-Maker
06-29-2015, 04:37
HLSW was relying on old behavior.

TF2 switched to SteamID3 sometime last year.

SourceMod 1.6.1 (or was it 1.6.2) and newer had a compatibility hack to make certain parts of SourceMod return SteamID2 (the old format) instead.

SourceMod 1.7.0 and newer no longer have that compatibility hack and it sounds like HLSW has it hard-coded to check for SteamId2 values and not show them if it thinks the format is wrong.

Edit: Side note, it is possible to get SteamID2 values in newer plugins, but it requires a new method call to do it (GetSteamAuthId)

SM1.7+ still has that hack in place. GetClientAuthString still returns the Steam2 format for compatibility with old plugins. HLSW might parse the rcon status output or game log which contain the game's own formatting - not sourcemod's fault:P

ddhoward
06-29-2015, 19:10
Yeah, HLSW monitors the game log for that information, at least last I checked. I would not see details for a given player until that player was involved in some sort of event, such as being killed or typing in the chat. HLSW needs an update.

scso1502
06-30-2015, 12:11
Something definitely changed from SM 1.6 to 1.7 that caused HLSW to stop displaying the older steamIDs in HLSW. Either that or the hack no longer works to convert the steamIDs from the original format to the new steamID3 format in SM 1.7. But I can tell that my server logs for TF2 only output the steam3 format now and the live game logs displayed at the bottom of the HLSW screen only display the steam3 IDs and not the steamID as before on 1.6. Other than reverting back to SM 1.6, can anyone offer a solution to get HLSW to output the Steam IDs so I can see them and click on them in HLSW? I can't believe I'm the only one managing servers that still uses HLSW and wants this to work.

I completely understand HLSW is no longer being worked on by its developers, but even as outdated as it is, it is still by far the best tool out there for monitoring multiple game servers and is an incredible asset to managing my community. Not having the steamIDs of players in HLSW significantly reduces the usefulness of it and since it worked on SM 1.6, I'm hoping someone can make it work the same on SM 1.7 for the guys like me who still use it. If I need to pay someone to code something, I will. That how important it is to me, I'd hedge some bets others are in my shoes as well.

Many thanks for all the constructive input.

asherkin
06-30-2015, 12:13
It's probably on you to find out what changed. Then, maybe something can be done.

Horsedick
06-30-2015, 20:47
Something definitely changed from SM 1.6 to 1.7 that caused HLSW to stop displaying the older steamIDs in HLSW. Either that or the hack no longer works to convert the steamIDs from the original format to the new steamID3 format in SM 1.7. But I can tell that my server logs for TF2 and CSS only output the steam3 format now and the live game logs displayed at the bottom of the HLSW screen only display the steam3 IDs and not the steamID as before on 1.6. Other than reverting back to SM 1.6, can anyone offer a solution to get HLSW to output the Steam IDs so I can see them and click on them in HLSW? I can't believe I'm the only one managing servers that still uses HLSW and wants this to work.

I completely understand HLSW is no longer being worked on by its developers, but even as outdated as it is, it is still by far the best tool out there for monitoring multiple game servers and is an incredible asset to managing my community. Not having the steamIDs of players in HLSW significantly reduces the usefulness of it and since it worked on SM 1.6, I'm hoping someone can make it work the same on SM 1.7 for the guys like me who still use it. If I need to pay someone to code something, I will. That how important it is to me, I'd hedge some bets others are in my shoes as well.

Many thanks for all the constructive input.

The SM change didn't do this to HLSW it was the SteamID3 change over that caused it. The only solution I could come up with to get the ID's back or Global ID's to show back up along with a few other things for players was to run the superlogs_tf2 plugin. The only complaint I have with that plugin is that it needs to be updated a little as it throws off some errors into the logs but it does function.

ddhoward
06-30-2015, 21:14
This has nothing to do with Sourcemod. The same issue you are describing exists on servers WITHOUT Sourcemod.

scso1502
06-30-2015, 22:49
I'm not blaming SourceMod for this issue. I completely understand the SteamID3 change late last year is the root cause. All I'm saying is that I've been running SM 1.6 on my servers ever since the SteamID3 change and HLSW worked fine and still provided the old steamIDs to HLSW. Immediately after updating to SM 1.7, this stopped happening. I was just hopeful there was some simple explanation as to what changed from 1.6 to 1.7 that maybe I could find a work-around for.

I've tried the Superlogs plugin but can't find it in a compiled form and it will no longer compile at all for me using the compiler on the SourceMod homepage. It simply gives me a message that it can't compile "superlogs-tf2.sp" and stops as shown below:

Your plugin failed to compile! Read the errors below:
SourcePawn Compiler 1.7.1
Copyright (c) 1997-2006 ITB CompuPhase
Copyright (c) 2004-2014 AlliedModders LLC

/home/groups/sourcemod/upload_tmp/phpqT3kvF.sp(26) : fatal error 182: cannot read from file: "loghelper"

Compilation aborted.
1 Error.

522655 successful compiles to date.
390609 failed compiles to date.

I've taken enough of your time guys. I don't want to make people angry by posting about this anymore. I'll figure it out on my own and when I do, I'll post a solution for others who may need it.

Thanks anyway. Take care.

ddhoward
06-30-2015, 23:49
cannot read from file: "loghelper"
Compile it yourself, and make sure that you have the loghelper.inc file.

Potato Uno
07-01-2015, 09:46
I've taken enough of your time guys. I don't want to make people angry by posting about this anymore. I'll figure it out on my own and when I do, I'll post a solution for others who may need it.

Thanks anyway. Take care.

I don't think you're making anyone angry regarding this, but MAAAAAAAAAAAAYBE it is better to haul this off to another thread so it can get full attention on its own. This IS a modding community after all, for noobs and veterans alike.

Horsedick
07-01-2015, 19:31
I've tried the Superlogs plugin but can't find it in a compliled form and it will no longer compile at all for me using the compiler on the SourceMod homepage. It simply gives me a message that it can't compile "superlogs-tf2.sp" and stops as shown below:

I've posted a smx of the plugin at the end of the thread for it along with the current source for someone else..grab that.

scso1502
07-02-2015, 23:46
Thank you Horse, you Rock! Superlogs fixed HLSW for me. Happy 'Gun Mettle' Day to you my friend!

R1KO
11-13-2015, 12:43
When a bug is fixed when the KeyValues get string sometimes is not case sensitive??

asherkin
11-13-2015, 13:00
When a bug is fixed when the KeyValues get string sometimes is not case sensitive??

That's not a bug.

R1KO
11-13-2015, 13:33
That's not a bug.

What is it?

"HP" receives as a "hp"
"hp" receives as a "hp"
"Armor" receives as a "armor""
"Money" normally.

in one kv all is normal, in other it is not

psychonic
11-13-2015, 13:59
What is it?

"HP" receives as a "hp"
"hp" receives as a "hp"
"Armor" receives as a "armor""
"Money" normally.

in one kv all is normal, in other it is not
That is how Valve's KeyValues API works. It's not directly a part of SourceMod. Strings are pooled without case sensitively.

asherkin
12-11-2015, 16:02
Hi,

meta list
Listing 1 plugin:
[01] <FAILED>

Any thoughts?

Plugin 1 is not loaded.

Not that anyone cares (or can reply to this thread), I fixed this.