PDA

View Full Version : CSGO Hud Text

dilalmon
11-17-2014, 11:13
Hey gusy, is HudText still not available for CSGO?

If not, then is there any other way to display texts to the client besides the chat and hint text (the ugly 3-line notes)?

The1Speck
11-17-2014, 11:32
You could make an image in 1920x1080, .tga format. Make it transparent with your text where you would like it placed on the screen. Then you use VTFedit to convert it to a .vtf & corresponding .vmt file. Upload both to the server & fastdl and use an autodownloader/precache plugin so the client can download it (can also be done with a few lines in your plugin to display it). Make a simple plugin to display the overlay when you want.
ClientCommand(client, "r_screenoverlay path/to/your/image.vtf");

dilalmon
11-17-2014, 11:40
What happens if the aspect ratio isn't 16:9?
I thought about using overlays, but from what I know you can't display multiple images at once. Is this still a case for CSGO?

Mitchell
11-17-2014, 14:26
What happens if the aspect ratio isn't 16:9?
I thought about using overlays, but from what I know you can't display multiple images at once. Is this still a case for CSGO?

If it isnt at a 16:9 ratio the overlay will compress to the screen so all corners match up.

dilalmon
11-17-2014, 16:26
That would make the image ugly in a sense they would look stretched unevenly, wouldn't it?
Shame there's no other way...

Mathias.
11-18-2014, 00:02
That would make the image ugly in a sense they would look stretched unevenly, wouldn't it?
Shame there's no other way...

They will be as ugly as the game itself at 4:3.

aexi0n
11-18-2014, 12:56
The only other thing I can think of is doing a sort of HUD displayed by the in-game map. This would require some knowledge of Hammer, and such. It really depends on what you plan on using this HUD for. If it is to be displayed all the time your best bet is the hinttext/screenoverlay. Otherwise, if it's a simple notification you can look into the map method, or chat. :/