PDA

View Full Version : "Not precached" error on precached model

jlyne1234
10-30-2014, 09:26
Hi,

I'm working on a plugin that randomly replaces standard spell pickups with rare pickups.
It's working fine, however if I change the map to plr_hightower_event (the 2013 map that had spells on it) the server crashes with a not precached error:

L 10/30/2014 - 12:57:22: Engine error: 722/spell_pickup_common - tf_spell_pickup: UTIL_SetModel: not precached: models/props_halloween/hwn_spellbook_upright_major.mdl

This doesn't really make sense as I am precaching the models in both OnPluginStart and OnMapStart (that latter being an attempt to fix it):

public OnPluginStart() {
g_Cvar_Enabled = CreateConVar("rare_spells_enabled", "1", "Enable rare spell drops", FCVAR_NOTIFY, true, 0.0, true, 1.0);
g_Cvar_Chance = CreateConVar("rare_spell_rate", "0.1", "Drop rate of rare spells", FCVAR_NOTIFY, true, 0.0, true, 1.0);
PrecacheModel("models/props_halloween/hwn_spellbook_upright_major.mdl");
PrecacheModel("models/props_halloween/hwn_spellbook_upright.mdl");
CreateTimer(0.1, CheckSpellbooks, INVALID_HANDLE, TIMER_REPEAT);
}

//Cache stuff
public OnMapStart() {
PrecacheModel("models/props_halloween/hwn_spellbook_upright_major.mdl");
PrecacheModel("models/props_halloween/hwn_spellbook_upright.mdl");
}

Weirdly this only happens when changing the map to plr_hightower_event. If i start the server on that map it works fine, which creates the interesting situation where i can change to the same map again and get the above error.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

jlyne1234
10-30-2014, 09:38
Oops wrong forum :P