PDA

View Full Version : How to use sm_dump functions?

vaskrist
10-04-2014, 12:34
Hi,

I am kind of new to scripting :shock: and server administration and am in the phase of gathering all the information I need to script efficiently.

In a few posts I have come upon the sm_dump_netprops ?commands? that are supposed to dump kinda all the properties I can query, but I don't know how or where to invoke that command to get the list.

What I have done so far:
I have seen the sm_dump_netprops_xml command in the sdktools.ext.2.nd.dll (as I am playing around with ND) and in the in-game console after typing sm exts list I can see "SDK Tools" (1.6.2) by AlliedModders LLC: Source SDK Tools. But the command is not accessible in the console.

Thanks a lot for the info.

Vaskrist

vaskrist
10-04-2014, 12:36
Ok, my bad ... after reading my post one more time it just clicked and I tried the comand in the server console and it worked.

Consider this question resolved, but let's hope that it would help someone else who would be new in this.

Peace-Maker
10-04-2014, 12:41
You have to enter that command directly in the server console or via rcon.
If you type
sm_dump_netprops netprops.txt in the server console sourcemod will create a file called "netprops.txt" in the game folder, next to the cfg, addons, maps folders etc. containing all netprops you can access via GetEntProp*(.., Prop_Send, ..)

If you type sm_dump_datamaps datamaps.txt you get all the props you can access with GetEntProp*(.., Prop_Data, ..)

vaskrist
10-04-2014, 14:15
Thanks a lot. The datamaps was more like what I was looking for.

I hope you won't mind answering a few more questions for me:

Is there someplace where all the sm_dump commands are summed up? (so that I don't have to bug you for each of them)
Is there a way to check at runtime/from source all the events I can use? (I know about the wiki Generic_Source_Events (https://wiki.alliedmods.net/Generic_Source_Events), Nuclear_Dawn_Events (https://wiki.alliedmods.net/Nuclear_Dawn_Events))
Who do I tell when I find errors in those lists? (like the typo in 'research_comlete' or 'blueprint_update' not existing)

Thanks a lot for the info.

Peace-Maker
10-04-2014, 14:25
You can just type find sm_dump in server console and list them, just like you search for any other command or convar.
find sm_dump
"sm_dump_teprops"
- Dumps tempentity props to a file
"sm_dump_netprops_xml"
- Dumps the networkable property table as an XML file
"sm_dump_netprops"
- Dumps the networkable property table as a text file
"sm_dump_classes"
- Dumps the class list as a text file
"sm_dump_datamaps"
- Dumps the data map list as a text file
"sm_dump_handles"
- Dumps Handle usage to a file for finding Handle leaks
"sm_dump_admcache"
- Dumps the admin cache for debugging

Those wikipages were generated from the game's event resource files.
You usually find them in the game/resource/modevents.res file.

The wiki is open! Just login with your forum account and change it!