PDA

View Full Version : Extended amx_scrollmsg

BMJ
05-30-2004, 14:27
This is a modification to amx_scrollmsg.amx that allows you to specify multiple scroll messages, and choose a color for each, like you would for amx_imessage.

Configuration:amx_freq_scrollmsg 600 // 10 minute intervals

amx_scrollmsg "Welcome to %hostname% -- This server is using AMX Mod X" "000255000"
amx_scrollmsg "Welcome to %hostname% -- This server is using AMX Mod X" "100100255"
amx_scrollmsg "This is a red scrolling message!" "255020020"

(note: you want to specify the "amx_freq_scrollmsg" cvar before the "amx_scrollmsg" commands in your config)
(note: if you specify "random" as a color, it will choose one random color for that message)

edit: fixed a quick mistake I overlooked

kingpin
05-30-2004, 14:30
thats hot.. will give it a try right away. gj.

EDIT-btw you dont need the zipped file Bailo in his sneakyness has fixed the compiler and made only one post about it instead of sending out town criers and skywriters to let ppl know about the fixed compiler..

CF|Punisher
03-24-2005, 21:51
I gave this a look-see and it appears that it doesn't work with NS 3.01.

meowlike
05-03-2005, 12:42
L 05/04/2005 - 00:32:18: [AMXX] Run time error 4 (index out of bounds) on line 66 (file "scrollmsg2.sma").
L 05/04/2005 - 00:32:19: [AMXX] Run time error 4 (index out of bounds) on line 66 (file "scrollmsg2.sma").
L 05/04/2005 - 00:32:19: [AMXX] Run time error 4 (index out of bounds) on line 66 (file "scrollmsg2.sma").

this is my error message
I use this 4 commands: (UTF-8 code not ascii)
amx_scrollmsg "很抱歉!近日由於快速下載頻頻遭砍檔,無法正常提供非官方地圖下載,目前沙漠之鷹地圖管理模組無 法提名非官方地圖,暫時跑官方地圖。" "random"
amx_scrollmsg "如果您願意提供不限流量的學術網路網頁空間,供玩家使用快速下載服務,在此我代表所有玩家謝謝您 !" "random"
amx_scrollmsg "本伺服器專屬家族: http://tw.club.yahoo.com/clubs/HPKserver" "random"
amx_scrollmsg "伺服器是要靠大家共同維護的,敬請大家務必遵守相關伺服器規定。" "random"

help me fix out thx

nightscreem
05-03-2005, 15:51
I think i gonna like this but maybe some
thing that you can add the text in other languages to
like scrollmesage welcome to hostname
and welkom bij hostname
like if the language is set to dutch
you get instead of welcome to hostname you get welkom bij hostname
but server onwers have to translate if for them self in a file or something

bmann_420
05-04-2005, 02:05
Isnt there one of these already out? I have it on my server but it does random colors (blue, orange, green, yellow). And i can change the time and make 3 of em.

meowlike
05-05-2005, 08:23
I think i gonna like this but maybe some
thing that you can add the text in other languages to
like scrollmesage welcome to hostname
and welkom bij hostname
like if the language is set to dutch
you get instead of welcome to hostname you get welkom bij hostname
but server onwers have to translate if for them self in a file or something

You are right, because this is more important for far east country (especially English is not their main language). The server owner (me) need to translate all, ya ALL, ALL ENGLISH to CHINESE, only because Taiwanese they can't fully understand English means. This is going off-topic.I just want say: this is a heavy job (translate) lol.

Any ideas for run time error? I'm not programmer, so plz help lol

To bmann_420:
This is another scrollmsg plugin, u can try it and u will see where is different :D .

twistedeuphoria
12-14-2005, 11:38
Choose a category. Old. Moved to Unapproved/Old Plugins forum.