PDA

View Full Version : Hlstats installation.

Bonnis
07-30-2013, 13:08
Have someone a great tutorial to install this.
i dont understand the Wiki page for this.

it mindsfucks me.

Rytis
07-30-2013, 13:17
Where exactly mindfucks you?

Bonnis
07-31-2013, 12:38
everything ! ^^

Walliski
07-31-2013, 15:42
If you aren't even capable of trying it out, and/or asking questions about it, I would recommend you find someone that are better with computers to fix it for you..

Bonnis
08-01-2013, 11:47
For the SQL folder you only need to upload the install.sql file, this does not have to be in the public folder but does need to be accessed from the command line SSH

The last folder you need to have upload is the scripts folder, most of the time you are going to want the scripts AKA:Damon folder on the same server as the database, in 90% of cases this is going to be the website. For this folder it is extra important that people can not access this from the website. IE do not put it in the folder where you can see it in your browser. This is for security reasons

I dont understand were i should upload this?

Rytis
08-01-2013, 11:56
You need to upload it, where your MySQL Server is (like onto your vps/dedicated server; phpmyadmin etc)

Bonnis
08-01-2013, 12:23
You need to upload it, where your MySQL Server is (like onto your vps/dedicated server; phpmyadmin etc)

how and were do i upload this then?

The last folder you need to have upload is the scripts folder, most of the time you are going to want the scripts AKAamon folder on the same server as the database, in 90% of cases this is going to be the website. For this folder it is extra important that people can not access this from the website. IE do not put it in the folder where you can see it in your browser. This is for security reasons

XAFAfterShock
08-01-2013, 12:55
how did you manage to ever get sourcebans running?

Rytis
08-01-2013, 13:17
how and were do i upload this then?

Upload it where you want the sql file, you just need to import that into the database

Mavrick4283
08-01-2013, 13:38
how did you manage to ever get sourcebans running?

Because sourcebans does a auto import of the database when you install it.

@Bonnis

In the SQL folder, there is a file called install.sql

On the server hosting your database go to your cpanel install click on the phpmyadmin and on the left side there is a link to the database you created for hlx click on that.

once in there at the top there is a import tab, click it and on there you can select a SQL file to import use the install.sql

Bonnis
08-01-2013, 13:50
Because sourcebans does a auto import of the database when you install it.

@Bonnis

In the SQL folder, there is a file called install.sql

On the server hosting your database go to your cpanel install click on the phpmyadmin and on the left side there is a link to the database you created for hlx click on that.

once in there at the top there is a import tab, click it and on there you can select a SQL file to import use the install.sql

i've done that part.
now i wonder were to put the "scripts" folder.

//bonnis

Rytis
08-01-2013, 14:25
Put it where you can run perl scripts, like on a vps.

Bonnis
08-01-2013, 15:48
Put it where you can run perl scripts, like on a vps.

be more helpfull, please.
such as, how to run it and etc etc?

Rytis
08-01-2013, 15:55
You need to have a vps or dedicated server to run the daemon. Maybe it's working on the cPanel too, but I'm not sure.
Commands etc you can find here: https://bitbucket.org/psychonic/hlstatsxce/wiki/Install_Instructions#!step-5-running-the-daemon

Bonnis
08-06-2013, 15:53
You need to have a vps or dedicated server to run the daemon. Maybe it's working on the cPanel too, but I'm not sure.
Commands etc you can find here: https://bitbucket.org/psychonic/hlstatsxce/wiki/Install_Instructions#!step-5-running-the-daemon

is it possible to rent this service?
i dont know how to set this up, i dont have a VPS or dedicated server,.

cpanel, what do you meen about that?

Rads
08-06-2013, 18:33
is it possible to rent this service?
i dont know how to set this up, i dont have a VPS or dedicated server,.

cpanel, what do you meen about that?

have a look here (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpost.php?p=1842498&postcount=7)see if any of them will help you with hosting

Jawad_784
08-20-2013, 14:23
pics not working , upload it again