PDA

View Full Version : Custom item values revert on map change

darkevilmac
04-12-2013, 20:48
Exactly as the title says every time the map changes on my server the items I edited in my items_game.txt takes effect on server startup however on a map change the items stats revert to the ones from default tf2. The config however stays modified.

asherkin
04-12-2013, 21:47
Why are you editing items_game.txt, and why does this have anything to do with TF2Items?

darkevilmac
04-13-2013, 23:41
Sorry I misread the original thread however I have done quite a bit of modification to the items_game is there any sort of way to convert it to the tf2items.weapons.txt format? If not is there any sort of gui I can use to easily modify the tf2items.weapons.txt sorry for the confusion.

Powerlord
04-14-2013, 02:46
I'm surprised that the server references items_game.txt at all... it usually fetches the schema directly from Valve on server start and any time they push a new item schema.

DarthNinja
04-15-2013, 03:45
Sorry I misread the original thread however I have done quite a bit of modification to the items_game is there any sort of way to convert it to the tf2items.weapons.txt format? If not is there any sort of gui I can use to easily modify the tf2items.weapons.txt sorry for the confusion.

Yes, and yes: It's called a text editor.

darkevilmac
04-16-2013, 03:55
So I have now reverted my old items_game and edited the tf2items.weapons.txt the the following http://pastebin.com/FwKGtDQa and on server startup they do not work at all I'm sorry if this is a stupid question as I am just learning on how to properly setup a sourcemod server.

asherkin
04-16-2013, 04:29
You've used colons instead of semicolons, a large number of your values are also invalid.

darkevilmac
04-16-2013, 06:48
You've used colons instead of semicolons, a large number of your values are also invalid.

I changed all my colons to semicolons however I am unclear on what you mean by invalid values I have just copied most values and weapons from my modified items_game.

Thanks,

Dark