PDA

View Full Version : country flag not showing up

maxolahird
02-17-2013, 14:03
for some reason most country flags doesn't appear on my ban list...

You can check it here

http://banidos.impactcss.com/index.php?p=banlist

It's totally functional, showing IP and everything but it just shows flags for a few countrys

maxolahird
02-18-2013, 12:49
hey guys please?

stoneyschillhouse
02-18-2013, 13:19
Go to MainSettings and check if No Country Research at Bannlist Settings is "enabled"

//edit - i'm not sure but perhappes you must install geo ip ?!
to locate the players ip

maxolahird
02-19-2013, 05:17
Go to MainSettings and check if No Country Research at Bannlist Settings is "enabled"

//edit - i'm not sure but perhappes you must install geo ip ?!
to locate the players ip

It's disabled... how can I know if geo ip is installed?

stoneyschillhouse
02-19-2013, 17:03
Wich OS do you use ?

Running the game server and the web server on the same machine?

maxolahird
02-21-2013, 11:07
Wich OS do you use ?

Running the game server and the web server on the same machine?

Linux, and no... I asked my hoster to do this steps

http://dev.maxmind.com/geoip/install/country

he did and it still not working.

DarkDeviL
02-21-2013, 13:38
Referring to the site you are linking to:

Then you will need to install the .dat file into a data directory. For example, on Linux/Unix, you could run:
$ mv GeoIP.dat /usr/local/share/GeoIP/Try putting the GeoIP.dat file in your addons/sourcemod/configs/geoip/ folder.

This will however only affect bans made from within the game; Bans added directly through the SourceBans site will be using the includes/IpToCountry.csv file in the folder of your SourceBans installation. An updated version of that csv file can be downloaded from http://software77.net/geo-ip/.

maxolahird
02-21-2013, 23:41
Referring to the site you are linking to:

Try putting the GeoIP.dat file in your addons/sourcemod/configs/geoip/ folder.

This will however only affect bans made from within the game; Bans added directly through the SourceBans site will be using the includes/IpToCountry.csv file in the folder of your SourceBans installation. An updated version of that csv file can be downloaded from http://software77.net/geo-ip/.

I updated both geoip.dat and iptocountry.csv... still not showing the flag :[

stoneyschillhouse
02-22-2013, 01:32
sry I'm bussy at the moment, just look @ this

http://neilb.org/reviews/ip-location.html

cu

maxolahird
02-22-2013, 05:27
sry I'm bussy at the moment, just look @ this

http://neilb.org/reviews/ip-location.html

cu

that leads me to this same page

http://dev.maxmind.com/geoip/geolite

and then I download

GeoLite Country

maxolahird
02-22-2013, 14:39
pīlease?

stoneyschillhouse
02-22-2013, 16:21
wich linux u exectly ?

U need to install cpan and perl

Do you run HLSX? or you have to read the install HTD ?

I think thats was help you. U must install:

Perl Module

DBD::mysql
Geo::IP::pureperl

perl -MCPAN -e 'install Geo::IP::PurePerl' via Cpan

cpan install Geo::IP::PurePerl

thats the orignial code to install geo::ip:: @hl stats

maxolahird
02-23-2013, 00:42
I can't get this done... can you access my ftp and do this?

DarkDeviL
02-23-2013, 01:28
U need to install cpan and perl

If SourceMod and SourceBans was programmed in Perl, he might need them.. However, Last time I was looking, it didn't look like it was Perl.

thats the orignial code to install geo::ip:: @hl stats

HLstats? He was looking for help with SourceBans, not with HLstats...

I do also believe that if he was looking for assistance wiht Hlstats, he would have walked into the other forum to ask.

I can't get this done... can you access my ftp and do this?

As far as I know, accessing your stuff and *trying* to fix things for you that way, is not a service that this forum is providing.

The console command "sm exts list" will list the current loaded extensions, it should also list the "Geo IP" extension assuming that it is loaded on your gameserver. However if you only have FTP access to your server and not access to the server console - you're out of luck with that.

Looking at the bans here: http://banidos.impactcss.com/index.php?p=banlist&advSearch=0&advType=where_banned (selecting "Web Ban" from the server list only), there are no country either. This one looks very much like the company hosting your website is blocking functions, such as fopen/fgets for security reasons.

maxolahird
02-23-2013, 14:05
If SourceMod and SourceBans was programmed in Perl, he might need them.. However, Last time I was looking, it didn't look like it was Perl.

HLstats? He was looking for help with SourceBans, not with HLstats...

I do also believe that if he was looking for assistance wiht Hlstats, he would have walked into the other forum to ask.

As far as I know, accessing your stuff and *trying* to fix things for you that way, is not a service that this forum is providing.

The console command "sm exts list" will list the current loaded extensions, it should also list the "Geo IP" extension assuming that it is loaded on your gameserver. However if you only have FTP access to your server and not access to the server console - you're out of luck with that.

Looking at the bans here: http://banidos.impactcss.com/index.php?p=banlist&advSearch=0&advType=where_banned (selecting "Web Ban" from the server list only), there are no country either. This one looks very much like the company hosting your website is blocking functions, such as fopen/fgets for security reasons.

which console? if it's the website one... that's not a problem he can do anything on it that I want... Just tell me what... if it's blocking the only way would be getting my own VPS? Would it be slow in a 2gb RAM vps?

DarkDeviL
02-23-2013, 14:42
which console?
The console of the game server, of course.

if it's the website one... that's not a problem he can do anything on it that I want... Just tell me what... if it's blocking the only way would be getting my own VPS? Would it be slow in a 2gb RAM vps?

It highly depends on what you are talking about here.. Both a game server and a website will run just fine on a VPS, as long as the resources necessary to do it have been allocated properly. Some people might however have different opinions and preferences regarding which virtualization to be used when hosting game servers.

The first thing was referring to the game server, and the console of it. The last thing about security restrictions was referring to the company hosting your website, just as I said before.

maxolahird
02-23-2013, 14:46
The console of the game server, of course.

It highly depends on what you are talking about here.. Both a game server and a website will run just fine on a VPS, as long as the resources necessary to do it have been allocated properly. Some people might however have different opinions and preferences regarding which virtualization to be used when hosting game servers.

The first thing was referring to the game server, and the console of it. The last thing about security restrictions was referring to the company hosting your website, just as I said before.

What I have to type in theconsole? I see the GeoIP ext

maxolahird
02-24-2013, 11:06
anyone please?

stoneyschillhouse
02-24-2013, 13:04
type into the server console
19:01:32 sm exts list
19:01:33 [SM] Displaying 17 extensions:
[01] Automatic Updater (1.5.0-dev+3784): Updates SourceMod gamedata files
[02] Webternet (1.5.0-dev+3784): Extension for interacting with URLs
[03] CS Tools (1.5.0-dev+3784): CS extended functionality
[04] BinTools (1.5.0-dev+3784): Low-level C/C++ Calling API
[05] SDK Tools (1.5.0-dev+3784): Source SDK Tools
[06] Top Menus (1.5.0-dev+3784): Creates sorted nested menus
[07] Client Preferences (1.5.0-dev+3784): Saves client preference settings
[08] SQLite (1.5.0-dev+3784): SQLite Driver
[09] SDK Hooks (1.5.0-dev+3784): Source SDK Hooks
[10] SteamTools (0.8.3): SteamWorks for SourceMod.
[11] cURL Extension (1.3.0.0): cURL Extension
[12] Socket (3.0.1): Socket extension for SourceMod
[13] Sound Info Library (1.0): Access information of sound files
[14] Config Extension (1.0.2): Wrapper for libconfig
[15] Regex (1.5.0-dev+3784): Provides regex natives for plugins
[16] GeoIP (1.5.0-dev+3784): Geographical IP information
[17] MySQL-DBI (1.5.0-dev+3784): MySQL driver implementation for DBI

maxolahird
02-24-2013, 15:44
8 [SM] Displaying 18 extensions:
[01] Automatic Updater (1.5.0-dev+3786): Updates SourceMod gamedata files
[02] Webternet (1.5.0-dev+3786): Extension for interacting with URLs
[03] CS Tools (1.5.0-dev+3786): CS extended functionality
[04] BinTools (1.5.0-dev+3786): Low-level C/C++ Calling API
[05] SDK Tools (1.5.0-dev+3786): Source SDK Tools
[06] Top Menus (1.5.0-dev+3786): Creates sorted nested menus
[07] Client Preferences (1.5.0-dev+3786): Saves client preference settings
[08] SQLite (1.5.0-dev+3786): SQLite Driver
[09] Socket (3.0.1): Socket extension for SourceMod
[10] SDK Hooks (1.5.0-dev+3786): Source SDK Hooks
[11] <FAILED> file "connect.ext.so": /home/css27035/css/cstrike/addons/sourcemod/extensions/connect.ext.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[12] <FAILED> file "dhooks.ext.so": /home/css27035/css/cstrike/addons/sourcemod/extensions/dhooks.ext.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[13] SteamTools (0.8.3): SteamWorks for SourceMod.
[14] <FAILED> file "curl.ext.so": /home/css27035/css/cstrike/addons/sourcemod/extensions/curl.ext.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[15] GeoIP (1.5.0-dev+3786): Geographical IP information
[16] <FAILED> file "geoipcity.ext.so": /home/css27035/css/cstrike/addons/sourcemod/extensions/geoipcity.ext.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[17] Regex (1.5.0-dev+3786): Provides regex natives for plugins
[18] MySQL-DBI (1.5.0-dev+3786): MySQL driver implementation for DBI

stoneyschillhouse
02-25-2013, 01:11
your GeoIP from SM runs (I think that GeoIP is Only for The ingame "player XXX with steam ID connectet from.....)
You have Not loaded extensions <FAILED> ....
To get more Information about this Type in your Servers console
sm exts info 14

to find out y this extensions FAILED to load.

Do this with all FAILED loaded extensions and post Themeb result here but as code

awnser as Advanced and use the # Button on Top to show it as code

maxolahird
02-25-2013, 21:46
your GeoIP from SM runs (I think that GeoIP is Only for The ingame "player XXX with steam ID connectet from.....)
You have Not loaded extensions <FAILED> ....
To get more Information about this Type in your Servers console
sm exts info 14

to find out y this extensions FAILED to load.

Do this with all FAILED loaded extensions and post Themeb result here but as code

awnser as Advanced and use the # Button on Top to show it as code

no idea why... but I don't think they are related to the problem

Peace-Maker
02-28-2013, 08:07
The gameserver has nothing to do with the country lookup in sourcebans. The country of the ip is checked when the banlist is displayed using the IpToCountry.csv.

If a ip fails to be sorted to a country you can't do much about it. You can only make sure the IpToCountry.csv is up to date. http://software77.net/geo-ip/

maxolahird
02-28-2013, 12:36
The gameserver has nothing to do with the country lookup in sourcebans. The country of the ip is checked when the banlist is displayed using the IpToCountry.csv.

If a ip fails to be sorted to a country you can't do much about it. You can only make sure the IpToCountry.csv is up to date. http://software77.net/geo-ip/

it's up to date... why it only show some country flags like US and some other 4?

ygor.almeida
03-02-2013, 17:38
And ???

It means it cannot be fixed by the dev ?? I've double checked all the files all the sources and everything is ok at my side ? it is really a damn bug !?

How do i fix and have the Flag on my SourceBans webpage.
I've see a lot of other guys with this working with the same kind of setup as mine, and they all work - either i'm dumb or its something missing here.

What should i do, leave the bug there ?? I wish some expert can post a fix for this ...

maxolahird
03-03-2013, 11:33
And ???

It means it cannot be fixed by the dev ?? I've double checked all the files all the sources and everything is ok at my side ? it is really a damn bug !?

How do i fix and have the Flag on my SourceBans webpage.
I've see a lot of other guys with this working with the same kind of setup as mine, and they all work - either i'm dumb or its something missing here.

What should i do, leave the bug there ?? I wish some expert can post a fix for this ...

glad to know i'm not the only one T_T

ygor.almeida
03-05-2013, 09:38
Iīve did a new install - clean one ... with most updated OS - php5, mysql, apache, IpToCountry file and everything else.

But itīs not working ... even if did not import anything ... the FLAG isn't showing.

What should i do ?

Iīve see a lot of other setups, that its working and looks like the same as mine ...

What is missed ?? How do i fix this !?

Peace-Maker
03-06-2013, 07:28
You don't have the same players connecting it seems. The IPs of your players seem not to be in the IpToCountry.csv.

Also the flag is only shown, if the ban actually has the ip of the player set of course ;)

DJ Tsunami
03-08-2013, 04:55
I double checked with the latest IpToCountry.csv, and the last 2 player IPs are in there. Maybe you can edit config.php and remove the // from
//define('SB_MEM', '128M');
It usually gives an error when there's not enough memory, but I also don't know what else it could be.

maxolahird
03-10-2013, 15:58
You don't have the same players connecting it seems. The IPs of your players seem not to be in the IpToCountry.csv.

Also the flag is only shown, if the ban actually has the ip of the player set of course ;)

How can I add them?

Any other way to fix?

I double checked with the latest IpToCountry.csv, and the last 2 player IPs are in there. Maybe you can edit config.php and remove the // from
//define('SB_MEM', '128M');
It usually gives an error when there's not enough memory, but I also don't know what else it could be.

Tried that nothing happens

maxolahird
03-10-2013, 23:04
help please... did a fresh reinstall nothing happens too

maxolahird
03-23-2013, 14:24
come on help me

maxolahird
03-28-2013, 18:23
Still with the problem... but its weird... check the ban list... some have flags... most dont

http://banidos.impactcss.com/index.php?p=banlist&a=delete&id=483&key=3f705cdf6fbcbea7903e04606d138c2a

I updated the csv file in sourcebans already.... is there anything else i have to update? hlstatsx flags works fine

maxolahird
04-08-2013, 16:03
hello still need help

ygor.almeida
04-20-2013, 20:56
hello still need help

LOL ... we need help for a long time ... but no one cares.
Sourcebans is abandonaware ... i`ve tryed every fucking clue and nothing. it does not work.
its a bug and ... they give us shit about this.

Rytis
04-21-2013, 06:41
It's not a bug, because it works for me :P

DJ Tsunami
04-21-2013, 08:05
Apparently it was a problem with long IPs which PHP doesn't handle well, here's the fix: system-functions.php (https://sourcebans.googlecode.com/svn-history/r152/trunk/web_upload/includes/system-functions.php)

Save it to /includes/system-functions.php. I also optimized it so it doesn't loop through the entire 9 megabyte file... twice...

maxolahird
04-24-2013, 02:31
Apparently it was a problem with long IPs which PHP doesn't handle well, here's the fix: system-functions.php (https://sourcebans.googlecode.com/svn-history/r152/trunk/web_upload/includes/system-functions.php)

Save it to /includes/system-functions.php. I also optimized it so it doesn't loop through the entire 9 megabyte file... twice...

New error and flag still doesnt show up:

AJAX Call Failed!

Error: the XML response that was returned from the server is invalid. Received: SERVERNAME <]]>2/18]]>]]>MAPNAME$('dialog-control').setStyle('display', 'block');$('dialog-placement').setStyle('display', 'none'); You have whitespace in your response.

DJ Tsunami
04-24-2013, 10:52
Hmm, I don't get that error when I visit your ban list. Anyway, I'll see if I can reproduce it soon.

maxolahird
04-24-2013, 13:28
Hmm, I don't get that error when I visit your ban list. Anyway, I'll see if I can reproduce it soon.

I'm not using it currently, I had to remove otherwise it won't work

DJ Tsunami
04-29-2013, 12:56
I could not reproduce your error on my own installation, so you can go to Webpanel Settings and click Clear Cache to see if that fixes it.

The fix does work for me, but only for newly added bans. To fix old bans you will have to run this query from phpMyAdmin (make a backup of sb_bans first just to be safe):

UPDATE sb_bans SET country = NULL WHERE country = "zz"

maxolahird
05-03-2013, 16:33
I have to clear cache after using your fix?

DJ Tsunami
05-06-2013, 06:48
The order doesn't matter.