PDA

View Full Version : [FF2] Models error after first maps.

schif
01-15-2013, 10:10
Hi everyone,

I new in the tf2 server, i've make my own server but i've a problem:
The bosses models appear has error after the first maps (when i start game with the first maps all is ok)

what i've done:
-White listed all the models, materials, maps.
-I don't have a download server for the moment.

NB: another problem the sniper models is hidden (for you too ?)

I'm running the last Freak Fortress 1.07 beta.
i've the same problem with Freak Fortress 1.06h

Thank you.

BBG_Theory
01-15-2013, 11:48
dont use a pure server
use fast redirects
use the fixed cbs model
yw :D

Powerlord
01-15-2013, 11:53
The "works for one map, but not for subsequent maps" is almost always caused by sv_pure being set in server.cfg, because sv_pure only changes on a map change.

sv_pure should be set in autoexec.cfg.

Now, having said that, which whitelist were you editing? In my experience, you either need to edit hl2/pure_server_whitelist.txt or copy that file to tf/pure_server_whitelist.txt and edit it there.

As for CBS and HHHJr, use these files (https://sourcemod-freakfortress2.googlecode.com/files/ff2_cbs_hhh_mdlfixes.zip).

schif
01-15-2013, 17:36
First, thank you for your answers :)

BBG_Theory: How i use the "fast redirects" ? It's the sv_downloadurl "" ? If yes i implement it later :) No other option for speeding the download ? (i have a 10 MB/sec connexion but user take very long time for download models,maps,etc)

Powerlord: I've not found autoexec.cfg, where is it ?

i've edited the whitelist.cfg in steam/orangebox/tf/

Disable the sv_pure is not insecure ?

thank's

nope.avi
01-16-2013, 03:16
First, thank you for your answers :)

BBG_Theory: How i use the "fast redirects" ? It's the sv_downloadurl "" ? If yes i implement it later :) No other option for speeding the download ? (i have a 10 MB/sec connexion but user take very long time for download models,maps,etc)

Powerlord: I've not found autoexec.cfg, where is it ?

i've edited the whitelist.cfg in steam/orangebox/tf/

Disable the sv_pure is not insecure ?

thank's

For FF2/VSH, it is best to have sv_pure 0. So someone wallhacks on saxton hale. I don't really see what the point is.

Autoexec.cfg should be in tf/cfg/ if I'm not mistaken.

schif
01-16-2013, 12:28
i've make a search in steam folder with recursivity but i not found the autoexec.cfg, what is his utility ?

For get working koth_ maps in ff2 i've read the faq :

In addons/sourcemod/configs/saxton_hale/saxton_hale_doors.cfg and in addons/sourcemod/configs/saxton_hale/saxton_hale_maps.cfg add

Code:
koth_
(It will open all doors and turn on vsh on all koth_ maps.)
But with Freak Fortress the file saxton_hale_doors.cfg doesn't exist, how i make it work (open doors) ?

MasterOfTheXP
01-16-2013, 12:36
If you don't have an autoexec config, just make your own. Create a copy of config.cfg/server.cfg/whatever you have and rename that to autoexec.cfg.

I thought FF2 used a seperate doors config from VSH. But either way, again, if it's not there, make it yourself.

schif
01-17-2013, 13:27
As for CBS and HHHJr, use these files (https://sourcemod-freakfortress2.googlecode.com/files/ff2_cbs_hhh_mdlfixes.zip).

When i put this new files, the sniper doesn't available with "ff2_special sniper". and when the boss goes sniper the name is "Failed Name" and we can't shoot or rage. (same with HHH).