PDA

View Full Version : FF2_dev. suggestions

BBG_Theory
11-24-2012, 12:28
One problem is that intro music can be of different lengths. I generally like to keep my intro at or under 15 secs, as this generally blends well with when the theme music (background music) starts. Just as we can specify how long the bgm music plays before restarting, we need a similar variable for the intro music so we can best time the blending of the 2 for each boss. This of course would not be for looping but intended for the bgm music delay relative to the beginning of the intro music start

nope.avi
11-24-2012, 22:48
I'lll add this to my FF2 suggestions page. So you mean that you could like, set the intro length so it somehow fits with the theme song?
Like the administrator. It fits nicely, her intro then the music blends perfectly. I would support this!

BBG_Theory
11-24-2012, 23:20
yeah I find when I do a boss that if the intro is about 5 to 7 seconds it times it just right typically, but to give more freedom with intro lengths, if we had a variable that would set the delay before the background music began, we could have more professional sounding theme/ looping background music blends ( if this makes any sense)

basically I would like to see having control over when the looping background music starts

Powerlord
11-27-2012, 13:29
I'lll add this to my FF2 suggestions page. So you mean that you could like, set the intro length so it somehow fits with the theme song?
Like the administrator. It fits nicely, her intro then the music blends perfectly. I would support this!
...ff2 suggestion page? There is such a thing?

Anyway, at one point I was tempted to add a(n) (optional?) dependency on Sound Info Library, which provides ways of telling how long a sound is... the one built into SourceMod uses the Valve function, which doesn't work on TF2.

It'd require a few changes to some internals to implement and is probably better left for the 1.08 release.

Speaking of which, I really need to make a few last minute changes and release 1.07 final already. I've been busy with things outside SourceMod and most of my SourceMod dev time recently has been trying to get the NativeVotes API finished.