PDA

View Full Version : [TF2] F2P hackers back with new Steam ID

Nnuk
11-18-2012, 18:50
We run few TF2 servers and faced with the problem that after ban, cheaters create new a accounts (because TF2 is F2P) and returning back to the server... Is it possible when new players connect to the server check his IP and search it in Sourceban banlist and if the IP was there, then a new account will automatically banned?

Horsedick
11-18-2012, 19:06
We run few TF2 servers and faced with the problem that after ban, cheaters create new a accounts (because TF2 is F2P) and returning back to the server... Is it possible when new players connect to the server check his IP and search it in Sourceban banlist and if the IP was there, then a new account will automatically banned?

ban the IP thru source

Nnuk
11-18-2012, 19:28
IP ban doesn't work in this case. Most times we add cheaters into banlist when they left (by reviewing demo and reading complaings). In this case we can't get cheater IP so easy. Auto IP check will be very useful
Most cheaters have dynamic IP which is big problem. I know that auto IP ban is possible because I've seen something like that on skial servers (prevent ban avoid system) and on prestige-gaming.org servers.

Horsedick
11-20-2012, 19:44
IP ban doesn't work in this case. Most times we add cheaters into banlist when they left (by reviewing demo and reading complaings). In this case we can't get cheater IP so easy. Auto IP check will be very useful
Most cheaters have dynamic IP which is big problem. I know that auto IP ban is possible because I've seen something like that on skial servers (prevent ban avoid system) and on prestige-gaming.org servers.

I didn't say add it through Sourcebans..... add the ban thru source - it WILL work - no plugin or whatever and doesn't have anything to do with sourcemod.

Nnuk
11-21-2012, 18:25
I didn't say add it through Sourcebans..... add the ban thru source - it WILL work - no plugin or whatever and doesn't have anything to do with sourcemod.

Sorry. I'm new in this. Can you please explain how to ban "thru source"? Or give me a link where I can read about it

Horsedick
11-21-2012, 18:59
Sorry. I'm new in this. Can you please explain how to ban "thru source"? Or give me a link where I can read about it

in console type addip 1.2.3.4 or whatever IP# and that adds it to the server ahead of sourcemod.