PDA

View Full Version : Prevent round end from occurring?

Geesu
03-12-2004, 09:06
I was just wondering if this is possible, or if It's something that can be changed? I basically want it for my frozen throne plugin (some races are given the ability to respawn). And if you are the last person alive and die, you just won't spawn.

Is it possible to change this? So i can like hold off end_round?

Johnny got his gun
03-12-2004, 10:14
I dont think it is possible, or at least, no one has done yet.

However with a module you could catch TraceLine:s as they happen (when people shoot) and in case the trace hits some guy that has some power, change the trace to not hit anything.
this will not work for knifekills, and probably not grenade kills and other kills, it only works with rifles/pistols.

Geesu
03-12-2004, 10:16
I dont think it is possible, or at least, no one has done yet.

However with a module you could catch TraceLine:s as they happen (when people shoot) and in case the trace hits some guy that has some power, change the trace to not hit anything.
this will not work for knifekills, and probably not grenade kills and other kills, it only works with rifles/pistols.

I like that idea for the damage problem, but not the end_round "problem" :)

BTW, your module kicks ass, w/o it I wouldn't have moles in my mod (transport to enemy spawn).

Johnny got his gun
03-12-2004, 10:19
Why not, the guy wouldn't get killed. If you still want him "killed" you can fake a kill...

what module are you referring to now? moles, sounds like my I Spy plugin...

Geesu
03-12-2004, 10:22
Yeah that's not a bad idea, I can display a fake kill message then like transport him back to his spawn, so it sorta seems like he died. Is there a way to detemine how much damage would have been dealt? (doubt it :( )

Yes, your i-spy plugin, i got the code from that.

Johnny got his gun
03-12-2004, 10:29
its true, you dont know the damage.
Still I think it is possible to just call spawn on that player and he will be really spawned as normal, no need to set_user_origin etc.

Maybe its possible to intercept damage events though. You could try this once we get register_message running :-)

Geesu
03-12-2004, 10:30
Yea good point, that will be interesting :)

Scarzzurs
03-14-2004, 03:24
I don't know about this.... untested...

What if you at death event (happens before real death), and really set his flags to already dead? instead of waiting to get killed falling etc.?

Scarzzurs

MagicShot
03-14-2004, 04:41
its true, you dont know the damage.
Still I think it is possible to just call spawn on that player and he will be really spawned as normal, no need to set_user_origin etc.

Maybe its possible to intercept damage events though. You could try this once we get register_message running :-)

register_message... this one ought to be interesting on to work with...
Oh the evil things I could do muhahahaha
:twisted:

Scarzzurs
03-14-2004, 05:08
Evil? Nah..... I'd say Frikin Awesome! :D

Scarzzurs

DoubleTap
03-14-2004, 17:39
Just reading thru this particular thread hurts my head... it's cool watching guys talk shop and have no clue what they are saying but knowing I had better not quit my dayjob and try coding... hehehe...

Vic/DT