PDA

View Full Version : [FF2] 1.07 Beta Last (2012/12/14)

Pages : [1] 2

Powerlord
10-05-2012, 09:55
THIS THREAD IS EXTREMELY OUTDATED!
Use https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=229013 instead.

Beta last posted here

So, I plan to release a beta of Freak Fortress 2 sometime this weekend. The changelog summary will be rather short:

Fix an issue where FF2 was trying to read cvars before config files were executed. This change should also make the game a little more multi-mod friendly.
Fix OnLoadCharacterSet not being fired. This should fix the deadrun plugin.
Prevent boss rage from being activated if the boss is already taunting. This prevents a crash from bosses who are in damage zones that can repeatedly activate their abilities. Needs testing to make sure it works as intended.
Cache the result of the newer backstab detection rather than checking if it's supported every time a player takes damage.
Reworked Medic damage code slightly; will change back if it isn't working correctly.
Merge changes from Vs. Saxton Hale made between 1.38 and 1.39c.

Except the last item needs a lot more explanation:

Now attempts to integrate tf2items config
Changing the game description now requires Steam Tools. This allows us to update the game description mid-map.

SDKHooks removes OnGetGameDescription in version 2.2 for the Orange Box release, so this will be the only way to set the game description in TF2 starting very soon.

Backstabs now prevent Spies from attacking with their revolvers for 2 seconds in addition to preventing the knife and Dead Ringer.
Reworked the crit code a bit. Should be more reliable now.
The Boss queue now accepts negative points.
Help panel should stop repeatedly popping up on round start.
Backstab disguising using the YER or Wanga Prick should be smoother/less obvious; i.e. it should now use the standard YER disguise instead of the method it was using.
Removed crits from sniper rifles, now do 2.9x damage

Sydney Sleeper does 2.4x damage, 2.9x if boss's rage is >90pct
Minicrit- less damage, more knockback

Scaled sniper rifle glow time a bit better
Fixed Dead Ringer spy death icon (this may not have been merged in correctly, let me know)
Baby Face's Blaster will fill boost normally, but will hit 100 and drain+minicrits. In other words, it acts more like the Soda Popper.
Phlogistinator Pyros are invincible while activating the crit-boost taunt.
Can't Eureka+destroy dispenser to insta-teleport
Eureka Effect can now be enabled using the new ff2_enable_eureka cvar, but is disabled by default for balance reasons.
Bosses can be forced to a specific team using the new ff2_force_team cvar. 0 = Random, 1 = Normal FF2 behavior, 2 = RED team, 3 = BLU team. Default is 1, but I highly recommend 3 when using plugins that affect a specific team.

Normal FF2 behavior is to have Bosses on BLU for vsh_ and zf_ maps, but on other maps the bosses only start on BLU and have a 50% chance of switching the teams after round 3... and every round thereafter until the boss is switched. This repeats every 3 rounds after the boss team switches.

Heatmaker gains Focus on hit (varies by charge)
Bosses get short defense buff after rage
Crusader's Crossbow damage has been adjusted to compensate for its speed increase. It's Uber charge amount remains unchanged, as it was already less powerful than the Syringe Guns.
Equipping the Cozy Camper now gives you an SMG as well, but it has no crits and reduced damage.

Things that aren't being carried over from VSH:

Teleport abilities will not remove glow. This will require new natives in Freak Fortress 2, as teleport is done by a subplugin while glows are handled by the FF2 core. These may be added in a later version (or maybe even before 1.7 is released).
Bushwacka wall climbing ability.

This ability does not work well in FF2 due to the differences in jump physics between VSH and FF2; bosses in FF2 do not jump as high as in VSH by default (if you have a recent default_abilities.ff2, setting ff2_old_jump changes it back).
This ability is supposed to be disabled when bosses lack super jump, but FF2's separation of abilities from the core makes this much more difficult to detect.

Knockback resistance on certain bosses has not yet been implemented, but may be before 1.7 is released.

The reason this testing is needed is because VSH and FF2 do a few things differently.

AeroAcrobat
10-05-2012, 10:34
will it be released in this thread or in a new one ? so I know if F5 is worth pressing here.

http://i.imgur.com/Y9zch.png

Powerlord
10-05-2012, 11:06
will it be released in this thread or in a new one ? so I know if F5 is worth pressing here.
Good question... I was going to do it in this one, but I'd have to update the topic title when I do.

You CAN subscribe to threads and get it to send you email notifications.

There are still some things I need to double-check before I can release it, and I haven't touched any of the ability plugins to see if any changes need to be synced over there.

Huntereb
10-05-2012, 12:11
Yay, about time FF2 gets an update that actually improves something, and doesn't just fix bugs caused by updates.

MaloModo
10-05-2012, 13:49
Now attempts to integrate tf2items config

Could you elaborate on this a little more?

Also are you going to include your character set fix which I believe you had worked on but never released. I tried on version of someone's ( maybe ravens) but it failed on my server anyhow. Ff2 started unloading itself etc.

Huntereb
10-05-2012, 13:59
I would love a fix for the boss lists, I just hit 25 and I am afraid to go past this now. When would we expect a fix for this?

Thanks for your work Powerlord! Could you tell me your FF2 server's IP address?

Powerlord
10-05-2012, 15:09
Could you elaborate on this a little more?

Also are you going to include your character set fix which I believe you had worked on but never released. I tried on version of someone's ( maybe ravens) but it failed on my server anyhow. Ff2 started unloading itself etc.

Basically, if another plugin, such as the TF2Items Manager, has already changed the items a non-boss has in a TF2Items_OnGiveNamedItems hook, they won't be changed again by FF2. That is, if this feature is actually working; it checks if the last argument to the hook is set to INVALID_HANDLE (which it normally is). If it isn't INVALID_HANDLE, it doesn't replace that weapon.

I would love a fix for the boss lists, I just hit 25 and I am afraid to go past this now. When would we expect a fix for this?

I may add an experimental change that moves when bosses precache their models and sounds to the first time said boss is used on a map. For servers that switch maps in a short amount of time/low number of rounds, that would appear to fix the problem completely. However, for servers that stay on the same map for a long time, that will only move the crash from startup to when the precache tables fill up.

To be honest, I'm not sure why unrelated stringtables are throwing errors.

Thanks for your work Powerlord! Could you tell me your FF2 server's IP address?

My FF2 server is tf2.rbemrose.com:27015... however, it was just converted from MvM to FF2 earlier this week and is rather unpopulated at the moment (although I've scheduled a community event for RUGC Midwest on it tonight). It's also still running 1.06h because I haven't finished making changes to 1.07 yet.

Huntereb
10-05-2012, 15:16
I have my server set to 21 rounds, or 60 minutes. I know that 21 rounds itself would not be going over 25-30 bosses, so if you do release something like this in the next release I would be very happy!

nope.avi
10-05-2012, 20:19
I still have not got my FF2 working. I can only make them but I can't test. So I think I would need a whole new installation of everything right? Tf2items, sourcemod, and of course this. Does it rely on anything else?

SmackDaddy
10-05-2012, 20:36
Looking forward to this release/beta!!! Thanks for your work on FF2!

DanK.
10-05-2012, 23:30
Looking foward to this. Have a request however. How about taking all item changes (attributes, effects, etc) and collecting all of the changes in one .cfg file instead of coding it in ff2/vsh? Would make editing and changing weapons our selves much easier.

The Earl of Lemongrab
10-05-2012, 23:44
Looking forward to see this man!

Powerlord
10-06-2012, 01:24
Looking foward to this. Have a request however. How about taking all item changes (attributes, effects, etc) and collecting all of the changes in one .cfg file instead of coding it in ff2/vsh? Would make editing and changing weapons our selves much easier.

I do plan on having this eventually, but at this point, I just want to get the weapon rebalancing out the door.

Huntereb
10-07-2012, 10:13
Coming out today?

Powerlord
10-07-2012, 15:28
Coming out today?

Likely yes. I had some family things going on this weekend that delayed it. I also want to add a few more things in it this afternoon.

Huntereb
10-07-2012, 17:35
Cool, the more the merrier! I assume one of them is maybe a fix for the over 25 bosses crash?

friagram
10-07-2012, 18:56
This may be a bit much to ask, but would it be possible to add in some cvars/options to enable a last player(s) alive option to outline reds so that hale can track them down?

That way something like this could happen:
ff2_track_remaining = 2

Hale kills the 3/3 alive players, it outlines the remaining 2, so hale can see them (like CTF intel).
last 2 players alive are soldiers's sitting on top of trees, or scouts hiding in rocks on some exploitable VSH map. So now he can easily hunt them down and kill them. Some hales really hate capping, and would rather waste everyone's time to kill one hider, than just cap. Also some servers just disable capping :3

Powerlord
10-07-2012, 19:02
Cool, the more the merrier! I assume one of them is maybe a fix for the over 25 bosses crash?

Depends on if the problem is being caused by the models or sounds stringtables or the downloads stringtable.

Anyway, this is taking longer than I thought, so it may not be ready until tomorrow.

Huntereb
10-07-2012, 19:31
As long as it's released. Thanks!

friagram
10-07-2012, 23:25
Depends on if the problem is being caused by the models or sounds stringtables or the downloads stringtable.

Anyway, this is taking longer than I thought, so it may not be ready until tomorrow.

I did some more testing, I do not believe the downloads problem is central to FF2. Sounds don't seem to cause any issues. I have tons of saysounds and music. The few extra ff2 pushes isn't a huge issue.

If I add the ff2 models to my downloads via model manager or sm_downloader (or any other custom models in excess of my current ones), I'll crash with the same type of errors - mid map, client will connect to fetch downloads and server engine errors with stringtables.

For now I just have to limit the number of models I use/add, and remove custom models for bosses like gentlespy =/

[Edit] Would also be cool to have a feature to pickrandom shuffle the bosses, 1 boss can not be randomly selected again, until all others have been selected. Or, to set a limit (like 3) so that the same boss can not occur within 3 rounds, etc.

BBG_Theory
10-07-2012, 23:29
Take your time Powerlord, and don't let FF2 interfere with personal stuff... personal stuff 1st and thanks for your help!!!

I have a dedicated dev. server running and can set you up in admin with root if you like - backchannel if you want

nope.avi
10-08-2012, 05:16
Oh my god. I just realized scream fortress could be a major update! What if it breaks ff2 again?
D:

Huntereb
10-08-2012, 16:19
Coming out today?

Powerlord
10-08-2012, 18:40
Coming out today?

Right now, the only thing I can guarantee is that it compiles.

Huntereb
10-08-2012, 18:46
Right now, the only thing I can guarantee is that it compiles.

Thank god, I'm waiting...

:bacon!::bacon!::bacon!::bacon!::bacon!:

By the way, anything new to configure? I won't be able to test this until tonight, but I plan on adding it right now.

Powerlord
10-08-2012, 19:14
I haven't had a chance to test everything, but here's the current 1.07 beta. Right now, all I've tested is the changes to the Crusader's Crossbow and Sniper Rifles. And the fact that it works, that is.

In addition to the things mentioned in the first post:

Bosses can no longer rage when dead.
Sounds and Models are now precached when a boss is selected instead of on map start.

jasonfrog
10-08-2012, 19:34
Thanks Powerlord. :)

I tried to compile and failed.

Last line is #include < freak_fortress_2_vsh_feedback >

Powerlord
10-08-2012, 19:40
Thanks Powerlord. :)

I tried to compile and failed.

Last line is #include < freak_fortress_2_vsh_feedback >

Every version of FF2 requires that file to compile it; I assume anyone who wanted to compile it already had it.

jasonfrog
10-08-2012, 19:44
Apologies, I assumed that this might have been something new related to the recent VSH changes that you have merged to FF2. I should have checked the stickied main release thread first.

Thanks again.

Huntereb
10-08-2012, 19:49
I just added it now, we'll see if it worked right if my players are still there after the map changes. I'll keep you posted... Thanks!

realwx
10-08-2012, 19:55
Quick question on the Phlog invulnerability: is it only while the Pyro is taunting, or is it while Mmph is draining?

(Stupid question, yeah...)

BBG_Theory
10-08-2012, 19:58
we still have to keep it around 25 or less, and can have multiple lists like ravensbro's ver h?

Powerlord
10-08-2012, 20:05
Quick question on the Phlog invulnerability: is it only while the Pyro is taunting, or is it while Mmph is draining?

(Stupid question, yeah...)

Only when the Pyro is taunting.

we still have to keep it around 25 or less, and can have multiple lists like ravensbro's ver h?

This is based on 1.06h, although the changes to precaching may allow you to have more bosses provided that the map doesn't last long enough to load all of them.

OnlyBrian
10-08-2012, 20:08
Very nice. Added this to my server.

What's the command for setting a round time limit? Can't seem to find it.

BBG_Theory
10-08-2012, 20:11
one other silly question,
in the Announcement area at and around line 863, is there a reason why we have case 1, case 3, case 4, case 5 and no case 2?

Shouldn't it be case 1, then 2,3,4 ?

Powerlord
10-08-2012, 20:14
Very nice. Added this to my server.

What's the command for setting a round time limit? Can't seem to find it.

TF2 doesn't really have a time limit in arena. You can change how FF2 unlocks the control point, but it'd still need to be captured to end the round.

one other silly question,
in the Announcement area at and around line 863, is there a reason why we have case 1, case 3, case 4, case 5 and no case 2?

Shouldn't it be case 1, then 2,3,4 ?

It will run the default block for 2. It's a strange way of doing it, but that's RainboltDash for you.

AeroAcrobat
10-08-2012, 20:31
thanks very much! :D

is the heatmaker sniper rifle supposed to not mark the boss ?
sniper rucksack: if I equip it then I don't wear it but also does not get replaced with e.g. smg.
ff2_oldjump 1 is this also available ? had it in my old FF.cfg

I'm testing now with 36 bosses ... hopefully everything will be okay.

oh wow this topic will get bombed very soon :D
good job powerlord!

BBG_Theory
10-08-2012, 20:32
ok, but if I understand this, it would do:
case 1 ( the steamgroup url message)
then due to case 2 missing, it would run default message about "type ff2 to open menu"
then run case 3 message
then run case 4 which is the same message as default
then run case 5

I suppose thats OK if you want it to mention the /ff2 menu 2 times out of 5

Am I missing something here? Is it not OK to just list case 1,2,3, and then 4? changing 875 to case 2 and 879 to case 3 and 883 to case 4? or would this have some adverse effect?

ToxicKills
10-08-2012, 20:45
Glitch found.

When a spy backstabs the boss, it instant kills the boss.

Oh and Christian Brutal Sniper's theme won't play.

Huntereb
10-08-2012, 20:50

Tell us what you find out, I will be adding a ton of bosses tonight if it works right!

BBG_Theory
10-08-2012, 21:05
oh, and on behalf of all here, thanks Powerlord for a renewed interest in helping us here!
I will request that everyone here in reporting questions or bugs to phrase your post carefully and keep an atmosphere of appreciation of the help and time Powerlord has invested in working on this

ToxicKills
10-08-2012, 21:55
I'm switching to version 1.06h for now until the bug fixes, if thats ok.

Powerlord
10-08-2012, 21:57
thanks very much! :D

is the heatmaker sniper rifle supposed to not mark the boss ?
sniper rucksack: if I equip it then I don't wear it but also does not get replaced with e.g. smg.
ff2_oldjump 1 is this also available ? had it in my old FF.cfg

oh wow this topic will get bombed very soon :D
good job powerlord!

I'm not clear on how the Heatmaker is supposed to work. One of the prices of just carrying the VSH configuration over, I suppose.

I'll have to see what's going on with the Cozy Camper.

ff2_oldjump is part of the default_abilities, which I didn't change this version.

Glitch found.

When a spy backstabs the boss, it instant kills the boss.

Odd, backstabs appeared to be working normally on my Linux test server, taking 10% of the boss's HP off. This is with TF2Items build 231? Which version of SDKHooks? (My test server is running SDKHooks 2.2)

ToxicKills
10-08-2012, 22:12
Odd, backstabs appeared to be working normally on my Linux test server, taking 10% of the boss's HP off. This is with TF2Items build 231? Which version of SDKHooks? (My test server is running SDKHooks 2.2)
Same versions as yours, i'm running a windows server so i think its the windows since i dont have a linux :/

Powerlord
10-09-2012, 06:43
Same versions as yours, i'm running a windows server so i think its the windows since i dont have a linux :/

Here's a debug version that will log which backstab detection method is being used to the server console the first time a boss takes damage. This information should at least help me determine why it's not detecting backstabs correctly.

If you're having problems with backstabs instant-killing, could you give this a try and report back what it logs?

AeroAcrobat
10-09-2012, 13:05
Linux here and spies can instant kill with a backstab.
I simply restricted spies for now to test it more.

edit: also getting this error often:
L 10/09/2012 - 18:52:06: Info (map "vsh_sfac_v2") (file "errors_20121009.log")
L 10/09/2012 - 18:52:06: [SM] Native "SetEntPropFloat" reported: Property "m_flNextPrimaryAttack" not found (entity 16/player)
L 10/09/2012 - 18:52:06: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "freak_fortress_2.smx":
L 10/09/2012 - 18:52:06: [SM] [0] Line 4049, D:\tf2server\plugins\freak_fortress_2\pluginV 1\addons\sourcemod\scripting\freak_fortress_2 .sp::OnTakeDamage()
L 10/09/2012 - 18:55:13: [SM] Native "SetEntPropFloat" reported: Property "m_flNextPrimaryAttack" not found (entity 9/player)
L 10/09/2012 - 18:55:13: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "freak_fortress_2.smx":

Huntereb
10-09-2012, 13:28
I'm on Windows, I'll test insta killing spies tonight...

Powerlord
10-09-2012, 13:40
If you're having problems with instant-kill Spy backstabs, can you try the version in my previous post and report back the line in your console that starts with "DEBUG: " ?

(It'll be either "DEBUG: Using newer backstab detection." or "DEBUG: Using older backstab detection.")

If you're not seeing either of these, then we have a larger problem than I thought.

jasonfrog
10-09-2012, 13:57
On a Linux server using the 1.7 beta debug version, we are experiencing insta-kill spy backstabs.

Message reads - DEBUG: Using newer backstab detection.

SourceMod v1.4.6
TF2Items 1.5.2 build 231
SDK Hooks 2.2.0

Powerlord
10-09-2012, 14:06
On a Linux server using the 1.7 beta debug version, we are experiencing insta-kill spy backstabs.

Message reads - DEBUG: Using newer backstab detection.

SourceMod v1.4.6
TF2Items 1.5.2 build 231
SDK Hooks 2.2.0

And this behavior wasn't in 1.6h? I'll take a closer look at what changed between versions when I have a free moment. Unfortunately, I'm still at work and have work things that I need to do.

ToxicKills
10-09-2012, 14:48
If you're having problems with instant-kill Spy backstabs, can you try the version in my previous post and report back the line in your console that starts with "DEBUG: " ?

(It'll be either "DEBUG: Using newer backstab detection." or "DEBUG: Using older backstab detection.")

If you're not seeing either of these, then we have a larger problem than I thought.
It just fixed my problem, thanks.

Powerlord
10-09-2012, 14:50
It just fixed my problem, thanks.
Which concerns me even more, since the only new thing in there was the if block to log which backstab method is in use.

I also checked the backstab detection logic, and the caching of the results of the backstab check is the only thing in the backstab logic that changed between 1.6h and 1.7.

Oh, I forgot to mention earlier that 1.7 is compiled against morecolors.inc rather than colors.inc. Hope that didn't throw anyone off.

Huntereb
10-09-2012, 14:52
So no reports of problems on Windows servers yet?

jasonfrog
10-09-2012, 15:47
And this behavior wasn't in 1.6h? I'll take a closer look at what changed between versions when I have a free moment. Unfortunately, I'm still at work and have work things that I need to do.No insta-kill backstabs in 1.6h.

I just checked what version of SDKHooks was running on the server. It was 'sdkhooks-2.2.0-dev-hg197-linux'. I updated to 'sdkhooks-2.2.0-dev-hg205-linux' and restarted the server (twice) and the insta-kill backstab issue still remained and the debug continued to report 'DEBUG: Using newer backstab detection'.

ToxicKills
10-09-2012, 16:14
Which concerns me even more, since the only new thing in there was the if block to log which backstab method is in use.

I also checked the backstab detection logic, and the caching of the results of the backstab check is the only thing in the backstab logic that changed between 1.6h and 1.7.

Oh, I forgot to mention earlier that 1.7 is compiled against morecolors.inc rather than colors.inc. Hope that didn't throw anyone off.
Actually, when you backstab the boss, it doesnt make you wait 2 seconds before backstabbing again, and when the boss has 1 hp, you can't kill him with a backstab at all.

Also, some sounds don't play for some bosses.

Powerlord
10-09-2012, 16:51
Actually, when you backstab the boss, it doesnt make you wait 2 seconds before backstabbing again, and when the boss has 1 hp, you can't kill him with a backstab at all.

I think I know what's causing the 2 seconds issue. Remind me to slap FlaminSarge, as I apparently introduced this bug by copying code from VSH. I may just revert that block as it worked fine before.

As for the 1hp bug, I'll have to do some investigation on that one.

Also, some sounds don't play for some bosses.

For those bosses, does it print something in the client console? I wonder if this is related to breaking the download and precache sections apart.

Having said that, the sound precache is supposed to happen as soon as the boss is selected before any sounds or music take place. Still, I may have missed a section somewhere (although the boss would likely be a giant error sign if this were the case...)

ToxicKills
10-09-2012, 17:27
I think I know what's causing the 2 seconds issue. Remind me to slap FlaminSarge, as I apparently introduced this bug by copying code from VSH. I may just revert that block as it worked fine before.

As for the 1hp bug, I'll have to do some investigation on that one.

For those bosses, does it print something in the client console? I wonder if this is related to breaking the download and precache sections apart.

Having said that, the sound precache is supposed to happen as soon as the boss is selected before any sounds or music take place. Still, I may have missed a section somewhere (although the boss would likely be a giant error sign if this were the case...)
It doesn't print anything from my client console when no sounds are playing.

ToxicKills
10-09-2012, 19:06
Also, now from the new TF2 update the spies can instant kill with backstabbing again and the HHH boss is invisible.

SmackDaddy
10-09-2012, 19:50
Sounds like I should hold off on updating to 1.7 for the moment, correct?

Huntereb
10-09-2012, 20:22
I would wait until the backstabbing glitch is fixed, as for the model errors, it looks like the recent update broke a lot of model paths that are used in FF2...

OF COURSE IT DID.

SmackDaddy
10-09-2012, 20:45
So even if we are on 1.6h (or earlier), we're going to have broken models now?!?!?!?!? *sigh*

Huntereb
10-09-2012, 20:56
I'm just going to disable HHH for now, shouldn't be long before we receive a fix for both of our problems.

Huntereb
10-09-2012, 21:37
Backstabbing does cause insta-kills on bosses on Windows, also after the update HHH is invisible. I'm also getting reports that a few other bosses glitch sometimes too. INCLUDING MY NEW JUST CREATED BOSS! D:

EDIT: Nevermind, just HHH for me. We need a new model for HHH and a fix for the insta-kill backstabs.

ALSO, sounds sometimes aren't loaded when the boss starts, resulting in no sounds. I know this has already been said, I'm just confirming it.

nope.avi
10-10-2012, 02:43
If a minor update causing so much trouble.
What about the halloween update? What does scream fortress 2012 have to offer?
As for the HHH maybe we should all use Ravensbros'? Or would someone remake him?
I have no problem if you guys want me to make one. Not so sure of the results but I am willing to try.

Powerlord
10-10-2012, 08:52
I'm going to have to post back-to-back posts because I want to include two versions of FF2.

Beta 2 fixes:

1. Backstabs are now blocked immediately following a backstab again. This doesn't address the backstab instant-kill; we'll have another debugging version next post that may help us address that.
2. Fixes version number from 1.7 to 1.07.

Backstabs shouldn't have been able to kill the boss before, as there was (and still is) logic in the plugin that reduces the damage to 0 if the adjusted amount is greater than the boss's health.

Powerlord
10-10-2012, 09:05
Here's a new debug version of 1.07 beta 2 that logs whenever a backstab happens with the original damage amount and new damage amount. Use this if you're having problems with backstab instant-kills and tell me what it's logging.

jasonfrog
10-10-2012, 10:20
Here's a new debug version of 1.07 beta 2 that logs whenever a backstab happens with the original damage amount and new damage amount. Use this if you're having problems with backstab instant-kills and tell me what it's logging.On my server the insta-kill backstab issue has vanished after using this version.

L 10/10/2012 - 15:17:44: [freak_fortress_2_debug.smx] Backstab detected. Damage changed from 10528 to 1347
L 10/10/2012 - 15:18:20: [freak_fortress_2_debug.smx] Backstab detected. Damage changed from 8844 to 848

Nothing else had been changed on the server other than using this new version.

Huntereb
10-10-2012, 11:38
Great, it looks like backstabs are fixed. Now what about the boss sounds glitch?

SmackDaddy
10-10-2012, 13:09
Looking good - when there's a new revision (non-debug version), I'm looking forward to updating my server. Also, this new version allows for more than 25 bosses correct? Is there a max?

Huntereb
10-10-2012, 13:44
Guys I need CBS V5, V3 is invisible for me. Could someone send me a link to it, apparently RavensBro took it down and it was the only one that worked for me until I changed to V3 last night by mistake.

Also, this new version allows for more than 25 bosses correct? Is there a max?

No, you can have unlimited on V1.07.

Powerlord
10-10-2012, 14:09
Great, it looks like backstabs are fixed. Now what about the boss sounds glitch?

Hmm, it'd help if I knew more about what exactly is glitching.

Is it always the same sounds (like background music), or do all the sounds for a single boss not work or what?

Huntereb
10-10-2012, 14:18
Hmm, it'd help if I knew more about what exactly is glitching.

Is it always the same sounds (like background music), or do all the sounds for a single boss not work or what?

The boss that I just released here (http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=198006) will not play any of it's sounds (I mean ALL of them) on 1.07. You can test him out for yourself, I already tested him on 1.06h and he worked fine, so he should work.

Powerlord
10-10-2012, 14:53
The boss that I just released here (http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=198006) will not play any of it's sounds (I mean ALL of them) on 1.07. You can test him out for yourself, I already tested him on 1.06h and he worked fine, so he should work.

Well, hopefully this fix was as simple and stupid a fix as I think it is.

Here's beta 3, which hopefully fixes the sound issue.

I also included a new VSH feedback file, which eliminates all the VSH hooks that VSH itself no longer supports; they were mostly useless functions that were called whenever the VSH natives were called.

Huntereb
10-10-2012, 14:56
Here's beta 3, which hopefully fixes the sound issue.

I'll try tonight, thanks!

Powerlord
10-10-2012, 14:58
I'll try tonight, thanks!

I did a quick update to the files because I forgot to update the version number. So, if it says beta 2 if you already downloaded it, that's why.

Incidentally, the fix I made was to remove the second argument from PrecacheModel and PrecacheSound. What does that argument do? Well, if you set it to true (which we were), it tells SourceMod we're precaching it on map start...

Huntereb
10-10-2012, 15:01
Wouldn't that mean that the pre-cache tables would overflow again if you set it to pre-cache at round start?

Powerlord
10-10-2012, 15:02
Wouldn't that mean that the pre-cache tables would overflow again if you set it to pre-cache at round start?

Well, the point is that we were telling SourceMod that we were precaching it on map start when we actually weren't.

Huntereb
10-10-2012, 15:08
So you're tricking it into thinking it's starting at map start?

I just realized that you said "Round start" and not "Map start", that's why I was confused before.

ToxicKills
10-10-2012, 16:05
Am I missing something? Some sounds still won't play.

jasonfrog
10-10-2012, 16:16
Am I missing something? Some sounds still won't play.You are using beta 3 (http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1816360#post1816360)? What sounds exactly and when?

Fireball_Nation
10-10-2012, 16:16
Hey add me on steam same name as on here if you have FF2 working please message me I need your help I can't get it and really want it!

Huntereb
10-10-2012, 16:24
Working fine now powerlord, thanks a bunch! Ima stick with the beta now...

jasonfrog
10-10-2012, 16:28
Hey add me on steam same name as on here if you have FF2 working please message me I need your help I can't get it and really want it!How about not posting this same message in 3 different threads when you have already started a thread asking for help. If you want help, then you have to make some effort too. I suggest that you go back to your original thread at http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=197960 and give as much detail as possible about the situation. State what you have done so far and any errors that occur etc. By doing that you are much more likely to get the help you need, because you will have specified the problem that you need help with.

ToxicKills
10-10-2012, 16:35
You are using beta 3 (http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1816360#post1816360)? What sounds exactly and when?
Yes I am using beta 3, Christian Brutal Sniper sounds won't play at all.

Fireball_Nation
10-10-2012, 16:43
How about not posting this same message in 3 different threads when you have already started a thread asking for help. If you want help, then you have to make some effort too. I suggest that you go back to your original thread at http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=197960 and give as much detail as possible about the situation. State what you have done so far and any errors that occur etc. By doing that you are much more likely to get the help you need, because you will have specified the problem that you need help with.

???

There is no info I can give you I simply don't know what to do to install it as it isn't clear I am just asking for help from someone who can explain it clearly. There really is nothing more I can tell you... making a thread didn't get a reply so I am trying this... there really is no other way I didn't even want to make an account but I did and it's purely for this mod that I made one.

As if reloading the forums every 1-2 hours and keep on asking isn't enough effort...

AeroAcrobat
10-10-2012, 16:48
???

There is no info I can give you I simply don't know what to do to install it as it isn't clear I am just asking for help from someone who can explain it clearly. There really is nothing more I can tell you... making a thread didn't get a reply so I am trying this... there really is no other way I didn't even want to make an account but I did and it's purely for this mod that I made one.

As if reloading the forums every 1-2 hours and keep on asking isn't enough effort...

this: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=197281
latest FF2 beta: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=197635
just read a bit more and don't spam all topics... :(

Huntereb
10-10-2012, 16:51
I'm sorry for the false report, but the sounds STILL aren't working on some maps.

Also, does anyone know how to fix the doors randomly opening and closing on non koth maps? It started doing this after I enabled doors.cfg...

Fireball_Nation
10-10-2012, 16:59
this: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=197281
latest FF2 beta: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=197635
just read a bit more and don't spam all topics... :(

Your links are a list of what's added in updates and dependencies?? Tells me nothing.

I'm hardly spamming seeing as I've made ONE post on like 3 threads... again if this wasn't necessary I definitely wouldn't do it - but I'm really struggling for people's help - would be grateful if someone would step up and help me.

Powerlord
10-10-2012, 17:02
Your links are a list of what's added and dependencies?? Tells me nothing.

The first post has a whole two headers in it. Yes, the first is Dependencies. Did you notice the other header, the one that says "Downloads"?

AeroAcrobat
10-10-2012, 17:03
does anyone have problems with the chargin targe ?
sometimes its equipped sometimes not :/

edit: same goes for spledid screen.

using: 1.07 beta 3

edit2: map changed -> first round is fine, targe is equipped and is working -> next round targe is gone forever
edit3: 1 round ok -> 2nd round no targe. If I change classes e.g. from demo to engi and back to demo on round start then I have the targe again :)

Fireball_Nation
10-10-2012, 17:04
The first post has a whole two headers in it. Yes, the first is Dependencies. Did you notice the other header, the one that says "Downloads"?

Yes I did that's just showing me the file to download not what to do with it. I have no problem downloading a file it's just I don't know what next. I.E. does the file go as one in a certain area? Does it separate into certain places? Do I need to edit the tf2items extension? (seems like it)

jasonfrog
10-10-2012, 17:08
I'm sorry for the false report, but the sounds STILL aren't working on some maps.Here is something that you can do that might help in diagnosing the issue. On round when a boss has sounds that are not working, type 'dumpstringtables' in rcon or HLSW and then copy and paste the output into a website like http://pastebin.com/ and then post here with the pastebin link and the name(s) of the bosses that the sounds weren't working for. Doing this will show if the sounds are actually in the sound cache table or if any tables are full.

Anyway, it's a useful command to know about for diagnosing some problems, even if it turns out to be not quite so relevant here.

Powerlord
10-10-2012, 17:12
Yes I did that's just showing me the file to download not what to do with it. I have no problem downloading a file it's just I don't know what next. I.E. does the file go as one in a certain area? Does it separate into certain places? Do I need to edit the tf2items extension? (seems like it)

Extract it into the main TF2 folder? Incidentally, this is standard for zipped plugins. It used to be in the plugin guidelines somewhere, but I don't see it in there any more.

Fireball_Nation
10-10-2012, 17:17
Extract it into the main TF2 folder? Incidentally, this is standard for zipped plugins. It used to be in the plugin guidelines somewhere, but I don't see it in there any more.

Oh. I saw one of these big files before had folders inside for scripting, plugins etc. Thought it might be a hint you had to follow that directory setup. So it all just gets shoved into the TF2 folder? And how do the extensions work please.

Huntereb
10-10-2012, 17:20
Here is something that you can do that might help in diagnosing the issue. On round when a boss has sounds that are not working, type 'dumpstringtables' in rcon or HLSW and then copy and paste the output into a website like http://pastebin.com/ and then post here with the pastebin link and the name(s) of the bosses that the sounds weren't working for. Doing this will show if the sounds are actually in the sound cache table or if any tables are full.

Anyway, it's a useful command to know about for diagnosing some problems, even if it turns out to be not quite so relevant here.

I will do this later.

Powerlord are you working on a fix for the sound precaching right now? I'm excited, I want this done so bad...

Also, Doors are still messed up.

Powerlord
10-10-2012, 23:14
I will do this later.

Powerlord are you working on a fix for the sound precaching right now? I'm excited, I want this done so bad...

It's a bit late tongiht for me to work on it, but is everyone having problems with sound precaches running the Boss Selection plugin?

If so, I have a theory about what's causing it.

Also, Doors are still messed up.
Not sure what that's all about. I was under the impression that doors wouldn't open unless you list a map name or prefix in the doors config file.

Fireball_Nation
10-11-2012, 03:02
It's a bit late tongiht for me to work on it, but is everyone having problems with sound precaches running the Boss Selection plugin?

If so, I have a theory about what's causing it.

Not sure what that's all about. I was under the impression that doors wouldn't open unless you list a map name or prefix in the doors config file.

Urgh. Why won't you answer me? :\

Rd1981
10-11-2012, 06:12
Yeah, FF2 is messing up again. Some weapons are noted to disappear. Shields don't come back at the end of rounds, Dead Ringers don't refresh, so it's pretty annoying.

friagram
10-11-2012, 07:02
TF2 doesn't really have a time limit in arena. You can change how FF2 unlocks the control point, but it'd still need to be captured to end the round.

It will run the default block for 2. It's a strange way of doing it, but that's RainboltDash for you.

I think you can? I use these settings to control it:

//Arena Settings
tf_arena_round_time 300
tf_arena_preround_time 12
tf_arena_override_cap_enable_time 210

First setting forces round time limit to 5 minutes, set it to longer if you want longer rounds?
Preround time is how long it freezes you for at the start, if it's short strange things may happen.
Override cap forces the cap to unlock after X seconds, some maps have different timings, this sets it.

If you have bigger/smaller maps, just stick this in your mapname.cfg or umc config/whatevermapmangerconfig for per-map settings.

I also use the unlock by time cvar in ff2, and set the unlock add by player to 0.
There is still a problem of hales that sit there and go on and off of the cap for infinite overtime. This is extremely annoying. A function needs to be written into FF2 that tests round timer == 0, and slays hales after 20 seconds or so, so that this can not keep happening :)

Perhaps tehre is a cvar to block it, I don't know it.

Huntereb
10-11-2012, 08:00

I didn't think it made any difference, but yes, the boss selection is running on my server. I used ff2_special a few times to force a boss so RavensBro could see the new models and stuff, and the sounds didn't work there too. I guess just having the plugin in general would do this?

And yeah, I'm going to try to keep bugging someone until I get my doors are fixed. On some DR maps the traps turn on and off on their own because they are made like doors. Do you know any reason that they could possibly be doing this? The only thing I have on my server that could possibly be editing doors is Stripper, and I don't have anything set up on it to modify them.

I'll attach a list of plugins if anyone feels like helping me out on this, I know Powerlord is busy on FF2, and I'd like not to disturb him on development.

(SOME OF THE FILE EXTENTIONS WERE SET JUST SO A PLUGIN COULDN'T LOAD, LIKE "LOL"!)
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/37472031/Files/cap1.png
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/37472031/Files/cap2.png

Powerlord
10-11-2012, 13:58
Urgh. Why won't you answer me? :\

Probably because I'm busy and there are like 20 other people who can probably tell you what you want to know, but I'm the only person working on the 1.07beta (which is what this topic is about).

Yeah, FF2 is messing up again. Some weapons are noted to disappear. Shields don't come back at the end of rounds, Dead Ringers don't refresh, so it's pretty annoying.

Does this happen with 1.06h as well, or is this just affecting 1.07 beta?

There's some new code dealing with wearables, so it's possible that I missed a reference to it somewhere.

I didn't think it made any difference, but yes, the boss selection is running on my server. I used ff2_special a few times to force a boss so RavensBro could see the new models and stuff, and the sounds didn't work there too. I guess just having the plugin in general would do this?

I looked at the code and my Boss Selection guess was wrong. I guess we'll need a new debugging version. This version will print to both the chat window and server console how many models and sounds were precached for a boss.

Things to check:

The boss name. Make sure it's the name of the boss that is actually in use this round. If it's not, the error is that it's precaching models/materials for the wrong boss.
The correct number of models/sounds are being precached.

Huntereb
10-11-2012, 14:16
I'll put it on the server when I get home and tell you what it says. If it is pre-caching the wrong boss files should I just tell you that it is, or is there anything you need copy-pasted?

Powerlord
10-11-2012, 14:26
I'll put it on the server when I get home and tell you what it says. If it is pre-caching the wrong boss files should I just tell you that it is, or is there anything you need copy-pasted?

If it tells you the wrong boss, let me know. Also, it'd help if you let me know which boss number it is and which boss and boss number were supposed to be precached.

Edit: Speaking of bugs, I just noticed several Handle leaks in FF2... I'll have those fixed prior to the next beta.

Huntereb
10-11-2012, 16:28
Alright, here's what I gathered:

First I did ff2_special Rage Sniper ("33" "rage_sniper")

Nothing was printed into console, or chat. No sounds worked, models did.

Then CBS loaded on it's own ("34" "brutal_sniper_hale"

[FF2 DEBUG] Precached 1 sounds for
[FF2 DEBUG] Precached 16 sounds for
[FF2 DEBUG] Precached 5 sounds for
[FF2 DEBUG] Precached 4 sounds for
[FF2 DEBUG] Precached 0 sounds for

Sounds/models worked.

Then Demopan loaded on it's own("11" "demopan")

[FF2 DEBUG] Precached 3 sounds for
[FF2 DEBUG] Precached 2 sounds for
[FF2 DEBUG] Precached 1 model(s) for

Sounds/models worked.

Then we did !ff2boss for Mario ("21" "mario2")

Sounds and models worked.

Then we just did !ff2boss Rage Sniper:

[FF2 DEBUG] Precached 6 sounds for
[FF2 DEBUG] Precached 15 sounds for
[FF2 DEBUG] Precached 30 sounds for

Everything worked fine.

That means ff2_special is broken and makes bosses not work, from my understanding.

Yeah I just tried ff2_special again, still wouldn't load sounds.

Huntereb
10-11-2012, 16:47
Also, people are complaining about the demo shields not coming back when they lose them. That needs to be looked into...

Powerlord
10-11-2012, 17:24
Alright, here's what I gathered:

First I did ff2_special Rage Sniper ("33" "rage_sniper")

Nothing was printed into console, or chat. No sounds worked, models did.

Then CBS loaded on it's own ("34" "brutal_sniper_hale"

[FF2 DEBUG] Precached 16 sounds for
[FF2 DEBUG] Precached 5 sounds for

Sounds/models worked.

Then Demopan loaded on it's own("11" "demopan")

[FF2 DEBUG] Precached 3 sounds for
[FF2 DEBUG] Precached 1 model(s) for

Sounds/models worked.

Then we did !ff2boss for Mario ("21" "mario2")

Sounds and models worked.

Then we just did !ff2boss Rage Sniper:

[FF2 DEBUG] Precached 6 sounds for
[FF2 DEBUG] Precached 15 sounds for
[FF2 DEBUG] Precached 30 sounds for

Everything worked fine.

That means ff2_special is broken and makes bosses not work, from my understanding.

Yeah I just tried ff2_special again, still wouldn't load sounds.

Hmm... I'll have to see what ff2_special is doing. I'll have to do it in a bit, as I'm just now leaving work (30 minutes later than I'm supposed to leave work) and I have some errands to run before dinner.

Also, the name wasn't displaying because I forgot to switch where it was saving the name to. Whoops.

Also, people are complaining about the demo shields not coming back when they lose them. That needs to be looked into...

That was mentioned earlier, but I haven't had a chance to look into it yet.

friagram
10-11-2012, 19:09
Are you actually having problems with the sounds themselves crashing the server, or just trying to delay the precach until later, just in case, and having problem with those functions?

I checked my precaches and have ~ 150 saysounds, which arn't all preloaded, and ~ 50 music files that are preloaded, as well as the 100 or so sound files I have being used for FF 1.6

Sorry if this info doesn't help anyone =/
For me it's still the number of models/materials I send to download that appears to causes the issue.
What happens if you remove all of the custom models from your bosses, and remove them from the download table/precach, do you still crash ~ 25?

Powerlord
10-11-2012, 22:02
Are you actually having problems with the sounds themselves crashing the server, or just trying to delay the precach until later, just in case, and having problem with those functions?

I checked my precaches and have ~ 150 saysounds, which arn't all preloaded, and ~ 50 music files that are preloaded, as well as the 100 or so sound files I have being used for FF 1.6

Sorry if this info doesn't help anyone =/
For me it's still the number of models/materials I send to download that appears to causes the issue.
What happens if you remove all of the custom models from your bosses, and remove them from the download table/precach, do you still crash ~ 25?

If you have more than 25 bosses or so, you get an unexplained crash in an unrelated stringtable (MvMMissionCycle or something like that).

Anyway, here's a new version. This version should properly cache sounds from bosses selected via ff2_special.

I also attempted a fix for the Targe issue, but I'm not sure that it actually worked.

Oh yeah, and the VSH 1.40 changes were merged in. Note that there's a HUGE nerf to the Dead Ringer in this version, as it'll only reduce damage now on the first hit (as far as I can tell).

NOTE: As usual, let me know if you see bugs.

Huntereb
10-12-2012, 00:00
I also attempted a fix for the Targe issue, but I'm not sure that it actually worked.

Targe works as it should now, thanks!

As for the Dead Ringer, I don't notice any difference.

Rd1981
10-12-2012, 01:55
Yes 1.06h seemed to be working fine.

Powerlord
10-12-2012, 10:51
Targe works as it should now, thanks!

As for the Dead Ringer, I don't notice any difference.

The Dead Ringer effect is removed immediately after the fake death is triggered, although the cloak effect is still present for its normal length of time.

Also, if someone could test if this fixes the issue with the Cozy Camper and its SMG not working, I'd be greatful.

Also, be on the lookout for strange things like the Medic damage not being tracked correctly or the game thinking people are still ubered when they're not. This shouldn't happen as I'm pretty sure I got it right, but it's a Just In Case. I had to change how the FF2flags were being reset on round start due to the Targe issue, and it's used to track the uber thing.

Yes 1.06h seemed to be working fine.
Yeah, except I'd rather know if 1.07 beta 4 is running fine, since that's what we're testing. It includes a lot of balance changes.

Huntereb
10-12-2012, 11:39
My weekend explosion of players will start this afternoon, I'll report any glitches I notice if any happen. Also, if I can trade for a Cozy Camper I'll test it for you. XD

ALSO, does "mp_forcecamera 0" enable freelook spectating in TF2? If it does I might add that cvar when I get home.

BBG_Theory
10-12-2012, 14:32
so far, for me, the sounds seem alot better

Rd1981
10-13-2012, 16:54
Theres this hale who is named fail named? Anything you can do hale does nothing at all just a civi stack very annoying thankyou if you do fix it. We Also Got A Invis Watch Glitch Its acting like a deadringer. Bugs in Beta 4.

Powerlord
10-13-2012, 17:00
Theres this hale who is named fail named? Anything you can do hale does nothing at all just a civi stack very annoying thankyou if you do fix it. We Also Got A Invis Watch Glitch Its acting like a deadringer. Bugs in Beta 4.

Failed name usually means that the boss configuration file wasn't parsed correctly by Valve's KeyValues parser.

This can happen for several reasons, but usually this is because the file is saved as UTF-8 with a Byte Order Marker; Valve's parser doesn't understand Byte Order Markers.

It would help if you posted the boss config file in question.

Huntereb
10-13-2012, 23:34
Well everything seems to work fine after testing it the past two days. I had one instance where the targe didn't work one round, but then the next round it worked. Probably just a random glitch. I also noticed that Arrow crit effects stay suspended in the air when they hit a player, it doesn't make a huge difference, but its new.

psyhyatr
10-14-2012, 02:00
i found a problem my crash server....after update mvm crash and kick do Dblocker!!! homing rockets too !!! whats happend? now i remove Dblocker all work perfect!! which plugin i can replace dblocker? sry for english:)

Huntereb
10-14-2012, 14:29
My server appears to be crashing a lot more now after updating to this version, my crash logs show nothing. Maybe the boss caching is messed up still? I'm not sure what to give to help out on this, but it happens every like 3 hours.

Chaosxk
10-14-2012, 14:51
Must be another plugin crashing your server, running 1.07 beta 4 for over a day without a crash.

Huntereb
10-14-2012, 15:47
I attached my error report, there is one plugin causing the most errors. If someone knows how I could stop it from doing that please let me know. I think it happens whenever someone marked as a donator dies.

Thanks!

These lines exactly:

L 10/14/2012 - 09:59:57: [SM] Native "GetClientAuthString" reported: Client index 0 is invalid
L 10/14/2012 - 09:59:57: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "donatorv2.smx":
L 10/14/2012 - 09:59:57: [SM] [0] Line 299, donatorv2.sp::IsDonator()
L 10/14/2012 - 09:59:57: [SM] [1] Line 160, donatorv2.sp::Event_PlayerDeath()

EDIT: Also figured out that whenever it crashes it throws an engine error in a dialog box, preventing the server from restarting. I fixed this with "-nocrashdialog", It might help fix this though...

RavensBro
10-14-2012, 20:52
L 10/14/2012 - 17:11:58: Info (map "arena_farm_feud_b1") (file "errors_20121014.log")
L 10/14/2012 - 17:11:58: [SM] Native "GetEntProp" reported: Property "m_iClass" not found (entity 0/worldspawn)
L 10/14/2012 - 17:11:58: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "freak_fortress_2.smx":
L 10/14/2012 - 17:11:58: [SM] [0] Line 312, D:\tf2server\sourcemod-1.4.6-windows\addons\sourcemod\scripting\include\tf 2_stocks.inc::TF2_GetPlayerClass()
L 10/14/2012 - 17:11:58: [SM] [1] Line 1201, D:\tf2server\plugins\freak_fortress_2\pluginV 1\addons\sourcemod\scripting\freak_fortress_2 .sp::event_round_start()
L 10/14/2012 - 17:17:06: [SM] Native "GetEntProp" reported: Property "m_iClass" not found (entity 0/worldspawn)
L 10/14/2012 - 17:17:06: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "freak_fortress_2.smx":
L 10/14/2012 - 17:17:06: [SM] [0] Line 312, D:\tf2server\sourcemod-1.4.6-windows\addons\sourcemod\scripting\include\tf 2_stocks.inc::TF2_GetPlayerClass()
L 10/14/2012 - 17:17:06: [SM] [1] Line 1201, D:\tf2server\plugins\freak_fortress_2\pluginV 1\addons\sourcemod\scripting\freak_fortress_2 .sp::event_round_start()
L 10/14/2012 - 17:21:05: [SM] Native "GetEntProp" reported: Property "m_iClass" not found (entity 0/worldspawn)
L 10/14/2012 - 17:21:05: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "freak_fortress_2.smx":
L 10/14/2012 - 17:21:05: [SM] [0] Line 312, D:\tf2server\sourcemod-1.4.6-windows\addons\sourcemod\scripting\include\tf 2_stocks.inc::TF2_GetPlayerClass()
L 10/14/2012 - 17:21:05: [SM] [1] Line 1201, D:\tf2server\plugins\freak_fortress_2\pluginV 1\addons\sourcemod\scripting\freak_fortress_2 .sp::event_round_start()
L 10/14/2012 - 17:27:07: Error log file session closed.
L 10/14/2012 - 17:40:06: SourceMod error session started
L 10/14/2012 - 17:40:06: Info (map "arena_grid_walls") (file "errors_20121014.log")
L 10/14/2012 - 17:40:06: [SM] Native "GetEntProp" reported: Property "m_iClass" not found (entity 0/worldspawn)
L 10/14/2012 - 17:40:06: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "freak_fortress_2.smx":
L 10/14/2012 - 17:40:06: [SM] [0] Line 312, D:\tf2server\sourcemod-1.4.6-windows\addons\sourcemod\scripting\include\tf 2_stocks.inc::TF2_GetPlayerClass()
L 10/14/2012 - 17:40:06: [SM] [1] Line 1201, D:\tf2server\plugins\freak_fortress_2\pluginV 1\addons\sourcemod\scripting\freak_fortress_2 .sp::event_round_start()

Powerlord
10-14-2012, 20:57
I need more information for the line 1201 error. For those of you getting it, what is your ff2_spec_force_boss setting? I'm trying to nail down if this only happens if ff2_spec_force_boss is set to 1 or if it happens all the time.

RavensBro
10-14-2012, 22:08
on that server it is set to 0

Otokiru
10-15-2012, 03:32
L 10/14/2012 - 17:11:58: Info (map "arena_farm_feud_b1") (file "errors_20121014.log")
L 10/14/2012 - 17:11:58: [SM] Native "GetEntProp" reported: Property "m_iClass" not found (entity 0/worldspawn)
L 10/14/2012 - 17:11:58: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "freak_fortress_2.smx":
L 10/14/2012 - 17:11:58: [SM] [0] Line 312, D:\tf2server\sourcemod-1.4.6-windows\addons\sourcemod\scripting\include\tf 2_stocks.inc::TF2_GetPlayerClass()
L 10/14/2012 - 17:11:58: [SM] [1] Line 1201, D:\tf2server\plugins\freak_fortress_2\pluginV 1\addons\sourcemod\scripting\freak_fortress_2 .sp::event_round_start()
L 10/14/2012 - 17:17:06: [SM] Native "GetEntProp" reported: Property "m_iClass" not found (entity 0/worldspawn)
L 10/14/2012 - 17:17:06: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "freak_fortress_2.smx":
L 10/14/2012 - 17:17:06: [SM] [0] Line 312, D:\tf2server\sourcemod-1.4.6-windows\addons\sourcemod\scripting\include\tf 2_stocks.inc::TF2_GetPlayerClass()
L 10/14/2012 - 17:17:06: [SM] [1] Line 1201, D:\tf2server\plugins\freak_fortress_2\pluginV 1\addons\sourcemod\scripting\freak_fortress_2 .sp::event_round_start()
L 10/14/2012 - 17:21:05: [SM] Native "GetEntProp" reported: Property "m_iClass" not found (entity 0/worldspawn)
L 10/14/2012 - 17:21:05: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "freak_fortress_2.smx":
L 10/14/2012 - 17:21:05: [SM] [0] Line 312, D:\tf2server\sourcemod-1.4.6-windows\addons\sourcemod\scripting\include\tf 2_stocks.inc::TF2_GetPlayerClass()
L 10/14/2012 - 17:21:05: [SM] [1] Line 1201, D:\tf2server\plugins\freak_fortress_2\pluginV 1\addons\sourcemod\scripting\freak_fortress_2 .sp::event_round_start()
L 10/14/2012 - 17:27:07: Error log file session closed.
L 10/14/2012 - 17:40:06: SourceMod error session started
L 10/14/2012 - 17:40:06: Info (map "arena_grid_walls") (file "errors_20121014.log")
L 10/14/2012 - 17:40:06: [SM] Native "GetEntProp" reported: Property "m_iClass" not found (entity 0/worldspawn)
L 10/14/2012 - 17:40:06: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "freak_fortress_2.smx":
L 10/14/2012 - 17:40:06: [SM] [0] Line 312, D:\tf2server\sourcemod-1.4.6-windows\addons\sourcemod\scripting\include\tf 2_stocks.inc::TF2_GetPlayerClass()
L 10/14/2012 - 17:40:06: [SM] [1] Line 1201, D:\tf2server\plugins\freak_fortress_2\pluginV 1\addons\sourcemod\scripting\freak_fortress_2 .sp::event_round_start()

These errors is common ever since the MvM update... I myself have problems debugging it... :oops:

Research
10-15-2012, 07:11
I can't use multi-charset
1.07 b4 doesn't support that?
maybe I need rollback 1.06h

snelvuur
10-15-2012, 08:44
> ff2_enable_eureka Unknown command "ff2_enable_eureka"

Not present? Nevermind, wrong file ;p

SmackDaddy
10-15-2012, 12:50
In the 1.07 beta 4, I am having players report that they are selecting what boss they want to be next, and everytime, it seems to be a crap shoot whether they get it or not -- only getting what they want about a quarter of the time. Anyone else having this issue?

Huntereb
10-15-2012, 12:54
In the 1.07 beta 4, I am having players report that they are selecting what boss they want to be next, and everytime, it seems to be a crap shoot whether they get it or not -- only getting what they want about a quarter of the time. Anyone else having this issue?

Are you using the newest released boss selector? Check the error logs, mine is doing fine.

I'm going to release what engine error I keep getting causing my server to crash tonight, hopefully Google or someone here can help me out. I just got a new admin and he ain't pleased with the crashes.

VoiDeD
10-15-2012, 15:42
I'm going to release what engine error I keep getting causing my server to crash tonight, hopefully Google or someone here can help me out. I just got a new admin and he ain't pleased with the crashes.

You're probably experiencing the same thing everyone else is: "Overflow error writing string table baseline X".

The only fix is to reduce how many bosses you run.

Huntereb
10-15-2012, 15:44
But I thought this release of FF2 would fix this? I'll make sure this is it when I get home, right now I'm running about 51 bosses so that may be the case.

VoiDeD
10-15-2012, 15:47
But I thought this release of FF2 would fix this? I'll make sure this is it when I get home, right now I'm running about 51 bosses so that may be the case.

Every boss adds files to the downloads stringtable regardless of any precaching. The more you add, the more likely the server is to overflow.

SmackDaddy
10-15-2012, 15:48
Are you using the newest released boss selector? Check the error logs, mine is doing fine.

I thought I was using the newest.....want to link it to me (here on PM) so i can make sure?

Huntereb
10-15-2012, 16:15
I'll discuss what I need to do to fix this when I see what the actual error is... Ugh.

It happens mid-game though, not at the server start. Not sure how download lists cause crashing mid-game.

psyhyatr
10-15-2012, 16:46
now..no bugs,no crash,its work fine!!!thanks for beta 4!! only one question...why its do force override for my server gamename?...

VoiDeD
10-15-2012, 16:57
I'll discuss what I need to do to fix this when I see what the actual error is... Ugh.

It happens mid-game though, not at the server start. Not sure how download lists cause crashing mid-game.

Because the current version of the plugin precaches 1 new boss every round. Every precache adds more strings to stringtables. Too many download file strings + precache strings, and your server will eventually crash further into a map.

It's the same thing my server experienced. I brought the boss count down to around 40 and trimmed how many sound files every boss used and the crashes (technically they're Host_Errors) went away.

It's all we can do until/if valve decides to do something about it.

If your server is making crash dumps, you can likely open them up in a binary-capable text editor and search for the string Host_Error. If the process exits due to a Host_Error, srcds will create a crash dump and include the reason inside the dump's comment.

Huntereb
10-15-2012, 17:01
But it doesn't crash every time a new boss is loaded, it's random. It might happen half way through a round. Would that still make a difference?

VoiDeD
10-15-2012, 17:07
But it doesn't crash every time a new boss is loaded, it's random. It might happen half way through a round. Would that still make a difference?

That's the expected behavior. The error doesn't occur when right when precaching (adding new stringtable strings), it happens sometime afterwards.

My only assumed explanation for this is new clients connecting or clients being sent full updates is the reason for this. The error message is indicative of this, as "baselines" are used to establish the state of the world so that delta entity updates can be sent from the server, and something similar to this process is overflowing when writing stringtables.

Unreal1
10-15-2012, 19:40
Any chance you will be adding auto update feature?

BBG_Theory
10-16-2012, 08:04
That's the expected behavior. The error doesn't occur when right when precaching (adding new stringtable strings), it happens sometime afterwards.

My only assumed explanation for this is new clients connecting or clients being sent full updates is the reason for this. The error message is indicative of this, as "baselines" are used to establish the state of the world so that delta entity updates can be sent from the server, and something similar to this process is overflowing when writing stringtables.

that sounds exactly correct! Back when I had almost 50 bosses in one list, the crash was def. in coincidence with a new player connecting (this was confirmed over and over) via having the server locked down, running for a long time, then my connecting via knowing the password.
Since using ravensbros multiple list, I just keep the boss list to 25 and no more crashing. Sure do wish the bossleist was limitless, but I will take this over the crashing

BBG_Theory
10-16-2012, 08:05
now..no bugs,no crash,its work fine!!!thanks for beta 4!! only one question...why its do force override for my server gamename?...

yeah I have noticed we dont see the mod version in the internet list

Research
10-16-2012, 08:26
Sorry for silly question but I need answer

is 1.07 beta doesn't support multiple character set?

Powerlord
10-16-2012, 08:31
yeah I have noticed we dont see the mod version in the internet list

Due to the removal of OnGetGameDescription from the Orange Box version of SDKHooks 2.2, FF2 1.07 beta now uses SteamTools to set it, but only if you have SteamTools installed.

Sorry for silly question but I need answer

is 1.07 beta doesn't support multiple character set?
It's supposed to support them. I've heard reports of issues with multiple character sets, but I haven't had a chance to see what's going on with it yet.

Huntereb
10-16-2012, 08:45
Due to the removal of OnGetGameDescription from the Orange Box version of SDKHooks 2.2, FF2 1.07 beta now uses SteamTools to set it, but only if you have SteamTools installed.

It's supposed to support them. I've heard reports of issues with multiple character sets, but I haven't had a chance to see what's going on with it yet.

Do you just set more than one character set in the characters.cfg and it will enable itself?

Powerlord
10-16-2012, 09:06
Do you just set more than one character set in the characters.cfg and it will enable itself?
That was working in 1.06h. The only thing that changed between 1.06h and 1.07 beta 4 is that OnLoadCharacterSet is being called once more (it's required to get the DeathRun plugin working).

It sounds like it's trying to use the wrong value, though.

Honestly, I really need to redo the character set vote at some point, as it's some of the worst menu code I've seen... and that's saying something.

Huntereb
10-16-2012, 09:54
Well yesterday my server didn't crash at all, I'm not sure why it stopped crashing on it's own. I'll try keeping an eye on it to make sure it's actually okay, but I'll probably have to revert back to character sets if it keeps being nasty.

Powerlord
10-16-2012, 10:54
Well yesterday my server didn't crash at all, I'm not sure why it stopped crashing on it's own. I'll try keeping an eye on it to make sure it's actually okay, but I'll probably have to revert back to character sets if it keeps being nasty.
Well, as I think I mentioned before... by changing when sounds and models are precached, it pushes back when the error happens because it only adds half the amount of data to the stringtables. stringtables are reset on every map change. So, if you go through few enough unique bosses (the same boss multiple times only precaches things once, according to Asherkin) before map changes, the crash won't occur.

Sadly, it's up to Valve to fix the StringTables issues, as stringtables appear to be bleeding into each others memory space.

That is, unless SourceMod itself is writing past the end of stringtables... I haven't checked the C++ code to see how the AddToDownloads and Precache[blah] functions work.

VoiDeD
10-16-2012, 11:32
That is, unless SourceMod itself is writing past the end of stringtables... I haven't checked the C++ code to see how the AddToDownloads and Precache[blah] functions work.

Precache* calls into the engine Precache functions (http://mxr.alliedmods.net/sourcemod-central/source/core/smn_halflife.cpp#239), which internally add strings to stringtables. AddFileToDownloadsTable just adds a string to the downloadables table (http://hg.alliedmods.net/sourcemod-central/file/f0158c944e0e/plugins/include/sdktools_stringtables.inc#l162).

It's not an SM issue.

Huntereb
10-16-2012, 11:39
Maybe I should just limit my map rounds, how many rounds do you guys think would be an okay amount for an FF2 game? I currently run it with 20 rounds.

friagram
10-16-2012, 22:18
I do not know what thread this goes in, perhaps another would be more appropriate. I know you're working on fixing the sounds.

I am not sure if the translations have been updated in awhile, but the last full package I have one dated 9/29/12

ln 192, col 31

"en" "Current {1}'s hp amout is {2} of {3}{4}"

Should be "amount"

Many centertext messages are also not in the translation files, though this is not a huge issue:
You backstabbed him
You were just backstabbed

etc

May be better to change "You backstabbed him" to "You landed a backstab" or something, many of our bosses are not male, though some are.

I tried to make something to fix the cap time / overtime bug (where hales go on and off the point forever overtime, but it seems to cause me random problems, not quite sure why, it's something like this (forgive my variable names, i was a bit frustrated when I wrote it). The hookevent overtime start doesn't seem to work. Also ff2 seems to restart the round multiple times sometimes, added a check for that. For the most part it works, perhaps somone else wants to test this type thing. It seemed to work every time, but cause lag sometimes, mabye I suck at handles, but I'm a shit coder:

Global Stuff:

new Handle:hCvarArenaTime = INVALID_HANDLE;
new Handle:hGvarArenaPreroundTime = INVALID_HANDLE;
new Handle:noFuckingOvertime = INVALID_HANDLE;

Plugin Start stuff:

HookEvent("teamplay_round_win", EventRoundEnd);
HookEvent("teamplay_round_stalemate", EventRoundEnd);

HookEvent("teamplay_round_start", EventRoundStart);

public EventRoundStart(Handle:event, const String:name[], bool:dontBroadcast)
{
if(noFuckingOvertime == INVALID_HANDLE)
{
hCvarArenaTime = FindConVar("tf_arena_round_time");
hGvarArenaPreroundTime = FindConVar("tf_arena_preround_time");
noFuckingOvertime = CreateTimer(GetConVarFloat(hCvarArenaTime)+Ge tConVarFloat(hGvarArenaPreroundTime)+5.0, SlayGayHales);
//PrintToChatAll("\x04[DEBUG]:\x01 Hale Will Be Executed in Preround: %-.2f + Round: %-.2f +5 seconds! Total: %-.2f",GetConVarFloat(hGvarArenaPreroundTime),GetCo nVarFloat(hCvarArenaTime),(GetConVarFloat(hCv arArenaTime) + GetConVarFloat(hGvarArenaPreroundTime) + 5.0) );
}
}

public Action:SlayGayHales(Handle:timer)
{
for(new i = 1; i <= MaxClients; i++)
{
if(IsValidClient(i) && GetClientTeam(i) == _:TFTeam_Blue)
{
PrintToChatAll("\x04[SM]:\x01 Overtime limit exceeded!");
FakeClientCommand(i,"explode")
}
}
noFuckingOvertime = INVALID_HANDLE;
}
public EventRoundEnd(Handle:event, const String:name[], bool:dontBroadcast)
{

if(noFuckingOvertime != INVALID_HANDLE)
{
//PrintToChatAll("\x04[DEBUG]:\x01 Hale Kill Trigger Aborted!");
KillTimer(noFuckingOvertime);
noFuckingOvertime = INVALID_HANDLE;
}
}

it's likely there is a much better way of doing this. Lol

Huntereb
10-16-2012, 22:57
Aw man, you guys were right. Today I got this engine error again:

Host_Error: Overflow error writing string table baseline ServerMapCycle

I'm going to try limiting the amount of rounds I am running, if I do this though, does that mean the more bosses I add it will keep being more likely to crash? If so, Powerlord what do we do!?

friagram
10-17-2012, 01:14
For me, after my server has X amount of models, it suicides via stringtables when a client connects to download content. Removing models fixes this. Perhaps it's sound related as well. I do not know?

By X amount of models, I mean, say 15 custom player models, or 20 custom player models. If I add a few more, crashes become more common. If I am running with 20 models, and add 30, it will crash almost instantly on the next map.

Do all of your bosses have custom models?
Have you tried just removing their custom models, and running your 25-30 bosses with stock models like soldier/pyro/something that's already cached to test?

Huntereb
10-17-2012, 09:01
It only started doing this when I went up to 50+ bosses. I think I just need a character set vote like in 1.06h for this version, then I should be fine. Now that I have over 25 bosses I can easily set up a few sets.

Huntereb
10-18-2012, 10:38
So any news on character sets working on 1.07? I feel like my server is crippled when I know it has a chance of crashing any minute... Also, it hurts player count when it takes 45 minutes to download all of the boss files.

Thank ya kindly.

Powerlord
10-18-2012, 11:03
So any news on character sets working on 1.07? I feel like my server is crippled when I know it has a chance of crashing any minute... Also, it hurts player count when it takes 45 minutes to download all of the boss files.

Thank ya kindly.
Yeah, sorry, I've been kinda busy this week. It's also one of those things I can't do just by looking at the code; I need to test it on an actual server as I try to see what's going on.

Huntereb
10-18-2012, 12:26
Yeah, sorry, I've been kinda busy this week. It's also one of those things I can't do just by looking at the code; I need to test it on an actual server as I try to see what's going on.

Alright, it makes me feel better to at least know it's in progress. If you need any help testing let me know! Thanks.

Powerlord
10-18-2012, 14:37
So, I hear you like new versions. Here's 1.07 beta 5.

Alright, it makes me feel better to at least know it's in progress. If you need any help testing let me know! Thanks.

Taking a closer look at the code, I saw something I'd missed before. Or rather something that should have been present wasn't. The code in the OnLoadCharacterSet call is properly setting FF2CharSet and FF2CharSetStr... but it never uses those for anything and instead defaults to the first character set.

Should be fixed now.

Companion Bosses need testing. Another change I made was to try to get rid of the GetEntProp m_iClass error. This is in the companion boss code and I need to verify that companion bosses are actually working.

While I was at it, I cleaned up some code in IsValidClient's replay handling. After all, if SourceMod has IsClientSourceTV and IsClientReplay, we should use those not our own half-baked version.

I also attached a copy of default_abilities with the boss count limit removed. Unfortunately, this also increases the plugin's memory usage by 500kB. Remember to put it in addons/sourcemod/plugins/freaks/default_abilities.ff2 if you use it.

Additional notes:

In the 1.07 final release, all subplugins included with FF2 will now have their own versions. You can see an example of this in the default_abilities attached here (which is version 1.07 beta 5, identical to the current version of FF2)
All subplugins that depended on colors.inc now depend on morecolors.inc
Updated translations may come at some point down the line... not sure if I'll get time to do them prior to 1.07's actual release.

Side note: At some point, I need to dump FF2CharSet and work exclusively with FF2CharSetStr. Right now, we do dumb things like loop through all the character sets (because FF2CharSetStr is reset to "" every map change) instead of jumping directly to the one we want to use.

Huntereb
10-18-2012, 15:15

No, it's "Yo dawg, I herd u leik new versions".

So in order to get character sets working I just create a characters.cfg with more than one set in it and it will automatically turn on voting?

Powerlord
10-18-2012, 15:55
No, it's "Yo dawg, I herd u leik new versions".

So in order to get character sets working I just create a characters.cfg with more than one set in it and it will automatically turn on voting?
It's supposed to, yes. As long as said character set isn't marked as blocked (this is used by the deadrun plugin).

friagram
10-18-2012, 18:10
Companion Bosses need testing. Another change I made was to try to get rid of the GetEntProp m_iClass error. This is in the companion boss code and I need to verify that companion bosses are actually working.

I'll try this out later, and also check the subplugin autoload on multimod server. I was having some issues with the earlier betas so went back to my modded 1.06 version.

The companion bosses have always had a few small bugs. Some things like ability sounds don't work per boss, it just shares the sound between both bosses.

VoiDeD
10-18-2012, 18:40

Taking a closer look at the code, I saw something I'd missed before. Or rather something that should have been present wasn't. The code in the OnLoadCharacterSet call is properly setting FF2CharSet and FF2CharSetStr... but it never uses those for anything and instead defaults to the first character set.

Should be fixed now.

While I was at it, I cleaned up some code in IsValidClient's replay handling. After all, if SourceMod has IsClientSourceTV and IsClientReplay, we should use those not our own half-baked version.

I also attached a copy of default_abilities with the boss count limit removed. Unfortunately, this also increases the plugin's memory usage by 500kB. Remember to put it in addons/sourcemod/plugins/freaks/default_abilities.ff2 if you use it.

Additional notes:

In the 1.07 final release, all subplugins included with FF2 will now have their own versions. You can see an example of this in the default_abilities attached here (which is version 1.07 beta 5, identical to the current version of FF2)
All subplugins that depended on colors.inc now depend on morecolors.inc
Updated translations may come at some point down the line... not sure if I'll get time to do them prior to 1.07's actual release.

Side note: At some point, I need to dump FF2CharSet and work exclusively with FF2CharSetStr. Right now, we do dumb things like loop through all the character sets (because FF2CharSetStr is reset to "" every map change) instead of jumping directly to the one we want to use.

Is there any chance you can provide diffs of changes? Or commit changes to a git/hg repo? That would be great for me, since I maintain my own version and it's difficult to see exactly what changed.

I remember there were some plans to use https://github.com/Steell/Freak-Fortress-2/, but I guess those went out the window?

Powerlord
10-18-2012, 19:07
Is there any chance you can provide diffs of changes? Or commit changes to a git/hg repo? That would be great for me, since I maintain my own version and it's difficult to see exactly what changed.

I remember there were some plans to use https://github.com/Steell/Freak-Fortress-2/, but I guess those went out the window?

I have my own Git repo (http://code.google.com/p/sourcemod-freakfortress2/) that I commit changes to. Although, the changes are in the pluginV1 directory... I started writing some experimental stuff in plugin that is nowhere near done before I went back to try and fix what we already have first.

VoiDeD
10-18-2012, 19:40
I have my own Git repo (http://code.google.com/p/sourcemod-freakfortress2/) that I commit changes to. Although, the changes are in the pluginV1 directory... I started writing some experimental stuff in plugin that is nowhere near done before I went back to try and fix what we already have first.

Awesome, thanks a bunch.

SmackDaddy
10-18-2012, 20:42

You have a default_abilites.sp and .smx -- got those, where to we find this default_abilities.ff2 you speak of? Or do we just re-use the old one we have previously in place?

Powerlord
10-18-2012, 20:43
You have a default_abilites.sp and .smx -- got those, where to we find this default_abilities.ff2 you speak of? Or do we just re-use the old one we have previously in place?

Rename default_abilities.smx to default_abilities.ff2

SmackDaddy
10-18-2012, 20:51
so there is no default_abilities.smx plugin to run, correct?

Powerlord
10-18-2012, 20:53
so there is no default_abilities.smx plugin to run, correct?

AlliedMods doesn't let you attach .ff2 files to posts, and since it's just a renamed .smx file anyway...

If you put the smx file in your plugins/freaks/ folder, it should delete the old version of it then rename the smx file to ff2.

MaloModo
10-18-2012, 21:02
Where are we with the number of over all freaks? I have gone back to 1.06d I believe which seemed more stable but still getting way more crashes then used to with 40 freaks. Are we sure the number of bosses is a problem and do we know the cause/fix?

Huntereb
10-18-2012, 21:43
Seems to be working well so far, thanks Powerlord!

Powerlord
10-18-2012, 21:44
Where are we with the number of over all freaks? I have gone back to 1.06d I believe which seemed more stable but still getting way more crashes then used to with 40 freaks. Are we sure the number of bosses is a problem and do we know the cause/fix?

There's really no way to stop the crashes until Valve fixes the strange issues with the string tables seemingly leaking into each other.

1.07 beta tries to mitigate this by only precaching sounds and models when the bosses are used, but while it allows you to load more bosses, for every boss over 25ish, that's one less boss that can be played in the level without it crashing. So, say you have 40 bosses (a number tossed around earlier) in a set, playing approximately 10 bosses without a map change will result in a mid-map server crash.

friagram
10-19-2012, 07:14
Ever since MVM, when you add too many files to the download table (mainly models, perhaps materials) the stringtables problem happens. I've kept increasing my sounds without any issue.

It seems that every time clients connect when there are too many files, they cause the crash. It would make sense for valve to just enable some kind of multiple file archive format, where the client downloads packed subdirectories of files at once like /sounds containing .wav and .mp3. It would probably be faster anyways than downloading and extracting each file individually.

Huntereb
10-19-2012, 09:01
It seems that every time clients connect when there are too many files, they cause the crash. It would make sense for valve to just enable some kind of multiple file archive format, where the client downloads packed subdirectories of files at once like /sounds containing .wav and .mp3. It would probably be faster anyways than downloading and extracting each file individually.

Oh yeah, and we could compress all of the individual boss folders for easy removing and editing. That would be a fantastic idea!

Huntereb
10-19-2012, 10:40

I just noticed this, if you want I can take a look at the translations file tonight and make sure it's proper English. Translation files are easy, and I'm pretty good with English. ;)

Powerlord
10-19-2012, 10:53
I just noticed this, if you want I can take a look at the translations file tonight and make sure it's proper English. Translation files are easy, and I'm pretty good with English. ;)
I was referring to moving things that are hard-coded in the plugin to translations (except maybe server error message?), but removing the Engrish from existing phrases isn't a bad idea.

SPEAKING of translations, if people have translations for languages other than English or Russian, don't be afraid to submit them!

Also, something I'd like to do in the future is to move the name and description keys in the boss configs to look more like this:

// Can't use "name" for compatibility reasons
"name_ex"
{
"en" "Christian Brutal Sniper"
"ru" "Christian Brutal Sniper in Russian!"
}

"description"
{
"en" "Christian Brutal Sniper:\nSo much blood and melee weapons!\nSuper Jump: alt-fire, look up and stand up.\nWeigh-down: in midair, look down and crouch\nRage (low-distance stun + bow): taunt when the Rage Meter is full."
"ru" "I can't see/type in Cyrillic on this computer"
}

Huntereb
10-19-2012, 11:44
I assumed after I posted that you probably meant something else other than the actual language, but I will take a look around and upload a fixed English version because I am bored...

Huntereb
10-19-2012, 13:24
Here are all of the translation files with fixed English. I didn't mess with the Russian set because I have no idea how to speak it. I had to figure out what a few of them were, so if anything is wrong let me know! I'm pretty sure it's all correct though, try them out and take a look for yourself.

Powerlord
10-19-2012, 22:31
Hmm, does anyone know if the Medic damage tracking is working correctly? It seemed like my damage amount was a bit low when I played tonight. Other than that, the only issues I saw at my event ronight were configuration issues... and a strange occurence where the mapchooser seemed to get confused as to which round the game was on and would continually say there was only one round left after running a map vote.

Huntereb
10-20-2012, 03:21
I haven't had any issues with anything, are you running on a clean install? What do you mean by Medic damage tracking? I played as him a few times and he seemed to work okay.

Powerlord
10-20-2012, 04:47
I haven't had any issues with anything, are you running on a clean install? What do you mean by Medic damage tracking? I played as him a few times and he seemed to work okay.

Yes, I'm running a stock install of 1.07 beta 5, although apparently I'm not running the version of ff2_default_abilities that supports ff2_old_jump, which makes me wonder if I put the wrong .ff2 file in the 1.06h zip in the other thread..

Medics are usually credited with not only their own damage, but also all the damage their healing targets do.

SmackDaddy
10-20-2012, 04:52
Where can we find a complete download of the current installation package? (i.e a full 1.07 beta 5 install)?

Huntereb
10-20-2012, 09:26
Where can we find a complete download of the current installation package? (i.e a full 1.07 beta 5 install)?

Just grab a copy of 1.06 and replace all the files associated with 1.07 with the 1.06 files. So basically just replace freak_fortress_2.smx and default_abilities.ff2 with the new ones.

@Powerlord I tried Medic yesterday and he seemed to gain damage from healing team mates how he should. Nothing wrong, as I said before.

Powerlord
10-21-2012, 21:09
Just grab a copy of 1.06 and replace all the files associated with 1.07 with the 1.06 files. So basically just replace freak_fortress_2.smx and default_abilities.ff2 with the new ones.

@Powerlord I tried Medic yesterday and he seemed to gain damage from healing team mates how he should. Nothing wrong, as I said before.

Maybe I was just healing bad people. One of the things that changed in 1.07 was how the Medic healing was tracked.

On a different subject, if someone could run the attached plugin for a few rounds, then attach the tf/ff2_events.log that it results in, that'd be extremely helpful. It'd also help me a lot if you let me know if the wins were by point cap or not, although it's not strictly necessary.

Incidentally, the above plugin can also be run on an arena server, not strictly an FF2 server.

Huntereb
10-21-2012, 23:59
Here's mine after a few rounds. I can't play right now so I have no idea if someone captured the point to cause the wins.

Powerlord
10-22-2012, 00:26
Here's mine after a few rounds. I can't play right now so I have no idea if someone captured the point to cause the wins.

Hmm, well this gives me the timing for some of the events (teamplay_round_start and arena_round_start specifically), but sadly I made a typo in the script that made the winreason checking useless.

Can you run this one instead for a few rounds?

friagram
10-22-2012, 01:11
Seems to be working alright so far, the event log is not being generated, though it's loaded.
Medics are getting assist damage, I've been playing one and getting pretty high scores, as have other medics.

DanK.
10-22-2012, 01:45
L 10/21/2012 - 20:28:40: [SM] Native "TF2Items_GiveNamedItem" reported: Item is NULL. File a bug report if you are sure you set all the data correctly. (Try the FORCE_GENERATION flag.)
L 10/21/2012 - 20:28:40: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "freaks\special_noanims.ff2":
L 10/21/2012 - 20:28:40: [SM] [0] Line 111, D:\dropbox\scripting\freak_fortress_2\resourc es\addons\sourcemod\scripting\freaks\special_ noanims.sp::SpawnWeapon()
L 10/21/2012 - 20:28:40: [SM] [1] Line 69, D:\dropbox\scripting\freak_fortress_2\resourc es\addons\sourcemod\scripting\freaks\special_ noanims.sp::Rage_NewWeapon()
L 10/21/2012 - 20:28:40: [SM] [2] Line 34, D:\dropbox\scripting\freak_fortress_2\resourc es\addons\sourcemod\scripting\freaks\special_ noanims.sp::FF2_OnAbility2()
L 10/21/2012 - 20:28:40: [SM] [3] Line 43, D:\tf2ds\orangebox\tf\addons\sourcemod\script ing\include\freak_fortress_2_subplugin.inc::F F2_OnAbility()

Using 1.07 beta 5, and pretty much all the up to date ff2 plugins released by powerlord and others.

friagram
10-22-2012, 02:17
I'm using the ff2 and default abilities posted here: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showpost.php?p=1821213&postcount=156

the rest of my abilities are dated 9/30

Huntereb
10-22-2012, 08:23
You posted the new plugin too late for me, give me until tonight and you'll get what it logs.

jasonfrog
10-22-2012, 14:23
Can you run this one instead for a few rounds?Here is a link to a live log - http://thehh.co.uk/ff2_events.log

Powerlord
10-22-2012, 14:46
Here is a link to a live log - http://thehh.co.uk/ff2_events.log

OK, with the two logs I've got so far, here are some conclusions I've drawn:

TF2 calls teamplay_round_start twice at round start. Sometimes.
teamplay_round_start is also called once when the map loads for unknown reasons. A matching arena_round_start is not called at this time.
arena_round_start is called 10 seconds after the real teamplay_round_start event. This coincides with the 10 second timer before players can move.
teamplay_round_win always sends 0 as the winreason; it should always be 1 (winning team capped point) or 2 (losing team was killed) for arena. These values are correct in arena_win_panel.

This should help somewhat with future development of FF2. One thing this should help with immediately is attempting to fix which sounds bosses play at the end of the round based on how the round was won.

Powerlord
10-22-2012, 15:16
L 10/21/2012 - 20:28:40: [SM] Native "TF2Items_GiveNamedItem" reported: Item is NULL. File a bug report if you are sure you set all the data correctly. (Try the FORCE_GENERATION flag.)
L 10/21/2012 - 20:28:40: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "freaks\special_noanims.ff2":
L 10/21/2012 - 20:28:40: [SM] [0] Line 111, D:\dropbox\scripting\freak_fortress_2\resourc es\addons\sourcemod\scripting\freaks\special_ noanims.sp::SpawnWeapon()
L 10/21/2012 - 20:28:40: [SM] [1] Line 69, D:\dropbox\scripting\freak_fortress_2\resourc es\addons\sourcemod\scripting\freaks\special_ noanims.sp::Rage_NewWeapon()
L 10/21/2012 - 20:28:40: [SM] [2] Line 34, D:\dropbox\scripting\freak_fortress_2\resourc es\addons\sourcemod\scripting\freaks\special_ noanims.sp::FF2_OnAbility2()
L 10/21/2012 - 20:28:40: [SM] [3] Line 43, D:\tf2ds\orangebox\tf\addons\sourcemod\script ing\include\freak_fortress_2_subplugin.inc::F F2_OnAbility()Using 1.07 beta 5, and pretty much all the up to date ff2 plugins released by powerlord and others.

Hmmm...

Is this using TF2Items build 231? If so, do you know which weapon (or boss) is causing this?

grimd34th
10-22-2012, 18:18
i had to cut the log down alot due to size, if you would like here is a pastebin
http://pastebin.com/xpa1ENRd

Huntereb
10-22-2012, 18:32
Here is mine as well.

DanK.
10-22-2012, 23:16
Hmmm...

Is this using TF2Items build 231? If so, do you know which weapon (or boss) is causing this?

Version 1.4.3.. Not sure what the build is, but im also using tnounlockpls, which blocks certain weapons if chosen. Im blocking mantreads, because i personally hate when soldiers use it. Might be the reason.

No idea which boss.

friagram
10-22-2012, 23:37
I'm using a plugin to block mantreads and babyface, but does not interfere with ff2 in any way.

Double bosses seem to work fine, except for ability sounds not being supported, which is old (seeman's sound was passed to his ragE)

The weapon attribute: allow boss to see enemy health only seems to work for medics and spies, and most hales are not these classes, so they just see an empty box in the middle. Perhaps add in a check for those 2 classes before adding that attribute, otherwise leave it out?

SD_Man
10-25-2012, 16:57
Can this be stickied please?

Powerlord
10-25-2012, 23:51
Can this be stickied please?

The reason it isn't is because it's not done yet. I'm tempted to just ship it as is and fix any other bugs in the next version, though.

SmackDaddy
10-25-2012, 23:55
So, will there be a central post updated or a central place to get the plugin with each new beta? (as well as abilities, etc.)

Powerlord
10-26-2012, 00:00
So, will there be a central post updated or a central place to get the plugin with each new beta? (as well as abilities, etc.)

No, although I update the first post in this thread with the post that the current beta is in. The idea being that if you're installing the Beta, you've already installed the regular version of FF2.

Rd1981
10-28-2012, 06:05
L 10/28/2012 - 05:52:39: [SM] Native "KvRewind" reported: Invalid key value handle 0 (error 4)
L 10/28/2012 - 05:52:39: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "freak_fortress_2.smx":
L 10/28/2012 - 05:52:39: [SM] [0] Line 4777, C:\Develop Java\SourceMod\plugins\freak_fortress_2\plugi nV1\addons\sourcemod\scripting\freak_fortress _2.sp::PickSpecial()
L 10/28/2012 - 05:52:39: [SM] [1] Line 1181, C:\Develop Java\SourceMod\plugins\freak_fortress_2\plugi nV1\addons\sourcemod\scripting\freak_fortress _2.sp::event_round_start()
what does this error mean ?

Powerlord
10-28-2012, 10:52
L 10/28/2012 - 05:52:39: [SM] Native "KvRewind" reported: Invalid key value handle 0 (error 4)
L 10/28/2012 - 05:52:39: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "freak_fortress_2.smx":
L 10/28/2012 - 05:52:39: [SM] [0] Line 4777, C:\Develop Java\SourceMod\plugins\freak_fortress_2\plugi nV1\addons\sourcemod\scripting\freak_fortress _2.sp::PickSpecial()
L 10/28/2012 - 05:52:39: [SM] [1] Line 1181, C:\Develop Java\SourceMod\plugins\freak_fortress_2\plugi nV1\addons\sourcemod\scripting\freak_fortress _2.sp::event_round_start()
what does this error mean ?

It sounds like it's trying to read boss info that isn't open any more.

Is anyone else seeing errors like these? It'd help me track things down if I had more information, particularly about how widespread this issue is.

Rd1981
10-28-2012, 22:28
powerlord using this mod https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1682844 to enable and disable the plugin running multiple mods when the server changes to FF2 for the first time it works if it goes to another game mode and back it gives that error or if it goes to FF2 again same thing.

Huntereb
10-30-2012, 21:03
I keep getting a server crash from the Holiday Punches. It's been reported to me twice now that when Holiday Punching the boss, sometimes the server crashes.

I also have another error to report, this started happening after the update. When bosses such as the Administrator spawn people to help her (Different rage plugin, but maybe someone knows what's up), EVERYONE who is respawned goes to blu. Turning it into an impossible to win match.

Huntereb
10-31-2012, 20:59
...Anything?

Powerlord
11-01-2012, 12:12
Sorry, I've been very ill this week and haven't been able to use my computer for more than a few minutes at a time, so needless to say, I've gotten very little done in regards to any of my plugins.

Huntereb
11-01-2012, 12:42
I've noticed this thread has been rather dead lately...

friagram
11-02-2012, 05:11
Seems that even fewer models can be enabled before the server crashes now that halloween is active. This happening to anyone else where their boss count from before had to be cut down?

Anyone running multimod server // going to both _event maps and ff2 maps?

Huntereb
11-05-2012, 14:21
Another glitch I need to report, ff2_charset doesn't appear to work (At least not how it should). When set through console, and changing the map, it is always reset back to boss set 1.

That, and the few glitches I spoke of above are all I have to complain about right now.

realwx
11-06-2012, 14:49
Probably an error and I goof'd somewhere, but would there be any reason why anything in 1st set abilities wouldn't be called, like rages? (default_abilities work fine)

Powerlord
11-07-2012, 14:31
I keep getting a server crash from the Holiday Punches. It's been reported to me twice now that when Holiday Punching the boss, sometimes the server crashes.

Is anyone else running into this? I forget if the Holiday Punch has any special handling. If not, we may have to convert it so it acts the same as another punching weapon.

I also have another error to report, this started happening after the update. When bosses such as the Administrator spawn people to help her (Different rage plugin, but maybe someone knows what's up), EVERYONE who is respawned goes to blu. Turning it into an impossible to win match.

Sadly, I have no clue about this one.

Another glitch I need to report, ff2_charset doesn't appear to work (At least not how it should). When set through console, and changing the map, it is always reset back to boss set 1.

That, and the few glitches I spoke of above are all I have to complain about right now.

This may have something to do with the vote overriding the ff2_charset choice... I'd have to look into the code.

Probably an error and I goof'd somewhere, but would there be any reason why anything in 1st set abilities wouldn't be called, like rages? (default_abilities work fine)

This is the first I've heard of it. Make sure you only have one copy of ff2_1st_set_abilities loaded in the sm plugins list.

In other news, I should start working on FF2 a bit again starting tomorrow. We'll see, though.

realwx
11-07-2012, 15:16
Disregard. Apparently it's a "[SM] Plugin freaks/ff2_1st_set_abilities.ff2 failed to load: Native "FF2_PrepareSound" was not found." error, and it's driving me crazy since I know I have the new includes in the right place and such.

I also derp'd because there's no more PrepareSound to begin with!

Powerlord
11-07-2012, 15:19
Disregard. Apparently it's a "[SM] Plugin freaks/ff2_1st_set_abilities.ff2 failed to load: Native "FF2_PrepareSound" was not found." error, and it's driving me crazy since I know I have the new includes in the right place and such.

Oh... that version of ff2_1st_set_abilities is junk now; it was the version that was intended to get around Valve's filling of the sound precache table; a problem that doesn't exist any more (only the more general "stringtables leaking into one another" crash does which we tried to at least mitigate a different way).

Use the version from the 1.06 release thread instead; which should also be attached to this post.

Powerlord
11-08-2012, 14:22

I'm still not sure what would be causing this.

Looking at the code, there are two blocks of code related to the holiday punch:

The first makes it always mini-crit when out using the Buff Banner condition, the same as other weapons do.

The second un-dazes you if you hit the boss, plus starts a 0.1 second timer that removes the taunt condition from you.

I'm not really sure why the latter is there...

Do you have any other plugins that mess around with taunts? Or is there anything in the SourceMod or server logs when it crashes?

realwx
11-08-2012, 21:36
I'm having no issues with heavies punching Hale with the Holiday Punch here.

What's weird is that, while I have no idea what's going on here, Hale is saying Soldier lines, HHH is saying Demoman lines etc. as of the beta. It seems to ignore sound_block_vo.

Huntereb
11-09-2012, 09:02
I'll do a few tests on those areas later this weekend and let you know what happens. I haven't actually been online when the crash occurs so I can't vouch for these theories.

Powerlord
11-09-2012, 10:47
What's weird is that, while I have no idea what's going on here, Hale is saying Soldier lines, HHH is saying Demoman lines etc. as of the beta. It seems to ignore sound_block_vo.

Hmm... I see a potential cause of that if multiple plugins register sound hooks. Apparently we're returning the wrong value if we want to block it.

Anyway, here's Beta 6, which should address this issue and the ff2_charset issue (the plugin now skips the vote if ff2_charset was used). Also, if the character set vote comes up while another vote is running, it will retry every 5 seconds until it starts or the map changes.

Edit: I don't know if this makes a difference, but I'm using the SourceMod 1.5 compiler now.

friagram
11-09-2012, 17:54
Testing it now

BBG_Theory
11-09-2012, 23:43
ill put this on my dev server in the morning.. thanks for your continuing efforts

Research
11-10-2012, 00:43
how can I modify 1:1 timer?
I want the timer check only alive player, not boss health
(ex: 1 player alive, boss health is 100 - timer activate)

friagram
11-10-2012, 15:52
b6 seems to work fine, nobody has reported any bugs, and I haven't seen any. However, the stringtable crashes are even more frequent now since the halloween patch. Without ff2 it can run for a few days, with ff2, it crashes every few hours.

I have 2 mirrored servers, one with ff2, one without.
The one without ff2 has been up for days without a problem, with 20+ people.
The ff2 server seems to start crashing once ff2 game mode is picked (ff2 plugin is loaded). It doesn't always crash on that map, but it will crash later on, perhaps on a normal map after it has been unloaded. The server has not crashed without ff2 being loaded in the cycle.

All of my models (model manager), and a large portion of my sounds (saysounds) are already in use by the server.

Perhaps there is something else that is causing the stringtable problem - with how ff2 operates, or a bug with sourcemod itself that is leaking memory.

Huntereb
11-10-2012, 23:15
Why is it that my server is super laggy after the past update? In FF2, whenever people respawn, their pings shoot up to 100+. I have no idea why it's doing this, but it hinders gameplay so much.

Does anyone else see this or know why it's doing this?

friagram
11-11-2012, 07:36
There is something seriously wrong going on with ff2. Dunno what is causing it.
Have 2 SRCDS processes running on the same box, the one with ff2 hung and crashed to string tables, and a few seconds later, the other process that had been up for days crashed to string tables as well.

FF2 is a key contributor, if not completely responsible. It causes cpu usage to spike right as it hangs, and then the server restarts itself (usually, sometimes it'll hang and have to be killed). What's interesting is it crashed both processes, which has never happened before. Usually it just dies on it's own pretty quickly.

Why would one hung process crash the other with string tables errors?
Not sure if these settings would make any differences, but have you tried adjusting process priority, or enabling/disabling HPET in the bios (if your OS makes use of it)?

SmackDaddy
11-12-2012, 19:06
So would people say to upgrade to beta 6 or stay on beta 5? Sounds like people seem to be having issues with 6 from what I can gather.....

MaloModo
11-13-2012, 00:02
Have 2 SRCDS processes running on the same box, the one with ff2 hung and crashed to string tables, and a few seconds later, the other process that had been up for days crashed to string tables as well.

FF2 is a key contributor, if not completely responsible. It causes cpu usage to spike right as it hangs, and then the server restarts itself (usually, sometimes it'll hang and have to be killed). What's interesting is it crashed both processes, which has never happened before. Usually it just dies on it's own pretty quickly.

Not sure if these settings would make any differences, but have you tried adjusting process priority, or enabling/disabling HPET in the bios (if your OS makes use of it)?

I am getting a crash every few hours as well since Halloween update. As mentioned more people, seems sooner the crash. Didn't we have something set up once for people to see the "dumps" or what have you, in the past. I can't recall what the plugin was we had to install. But if I remember correctly it helped narrow down problems.

jasonfrog
11-13-2012, 07:28
The source of your server crashes is very likely to be overflowing string tables.

What string tables are.
String tables are part of Valve's game engine and are used to store the path names of all the different sounds, particles, models, etc. that are being used by the current gamemode and map. String tables are used when the game engine needs to transmit a string to clients (e.g. the name and path of a sound to play). Instead of transmitting this long string, it transmits a numeric index that maps to the entry in the string table.

String tables have a fixed size (e.g. the table for sounds has a limit of 8192 entries). If the sound table is full and an attempt is made to add more sounds to it, then an error will occur. It seems that in the handling of this error that other tables get affected, which then causes a server crash.

How to check if your server is crashing because of overflowing string tables.
Open a log file from the server that is crashing. Log files are located in orangebox/tf/logs and look something like L1113047.log.
After a crash occurs look through a few of the most recent log files, search for "Overflow". If you find something like "Engine error: Host_Error: Overflow error writing string table baseline ServerPopFiles", then your server is affected by overflowing string tables.

What can you do about.
You need to reduce the amount of data getting added to the string tables on your server. You can do this by reducing the number of bosses on your server. Try reducing the amount of bosses to half what you currently have and then see if your server is stable. If it's stable, then try adding bosses back one at a time until you find the point in which your server starts to crash again.

Powerlord
11-13-2012, 09:07
What's more about StringTables is that there's currently a bug, either with StringTables effecting each other when they shouldn't, or with the game engine reporting an overflow in the wrong StringTable.

Keep in mind that any downloadables adds to the server's stringtable, with the possible exception of maps.

I may make a new version of my StringTables Size Dumper to have it log the sizes of the stringtables every few minutes so we can track exactly what's going on there.
So would people say to upgrade to beta 6 or stay on beta 5? Sounds like people seem to be having issues with 6 from what I can gather.....

The problems, as I understand it, started with the TF2 Halloween update, not with Beta 6... except Huntereb's issue which I still can't explain.

FF2 is very stringtables-heavy, due to the number of models, sounds, and downloadables it uses. So are SaySounds and ModelManager. However, I don't know why one server crashing would crash other instances of srcds.

MaloModo
11-13-2012, 12:03
The source of your server crashes is very likely to be overflowing string tables.

TBH I thought this had been fixed when official release from valve since the Halloween update. Will roll back some freaks and start there. Thanks.

Huntereb
11-13-2012, 13:49
except Huntereb's issue which I still can't explain.

The Holiday Punches seem to work fine, I tried them myself a few times and they didn't appear to do anything (They literally don't do anything, the boss is still able to move and attack when laughing), perhaps add something to make them freeze the boss for less time than the full taunt?

The Administrator rage player-spawning glitch I fixed by simply disabling it. It's not required, and you aren't the developer of it.

The lag issue I have tried by best to fix with simple software tweaks, and of course virus scans. It seems to have helped, but I think it is still evident... This started happening ever since the last tiny TF2 update.

Also, ff2_charset still does not function correctly. When the command is used in console, and then the map is changed from the sm_admin menu, on the next map it is still automatically set to the first character set. I checked my map cfg's, ff2_charset isn't in any of them.

Powerlord
11-13-2012, 14:04
The Holiday Punches seem to work fine, I tried them myself a few times and they didn't appear to do anything (They literally don't do anything, the boss is still able to move and attack when laughing), perhaps add something to make them freeze the boss for less time than the full taunt?

Hmm, the code must be to stop the boss from being stunned by it (weird, I thought it was being called on the player).

Also, ff2_charset still does not function correctly. When the command is used in console, and then the map is changed from the sm_admin menu, on the next map it is still automatically set to the first character set. I checked my map cfg's, ff2_charset isn't in any of them.

I'll have to look at what's going on there in more detail. It's supposed to set the character set number, which is supposed to be used at the start of the next map to load the correct character set. This is what the character set vote does as well.

It's possible that it's not finding the character set you're choosing for some reason or another.

Unfortunately, I'm in the middle of restructuring another plugin at the moment, so I may not get to this for a day or two.

friagram
11-13-2012, 17:20
I've set all my saysounds to precache + preload, and all my models are there as well.
ff2 barely adds any models/sounds in addition to these (10 or so).

The server runs fine without ff2. I've dumped string tables before and it's never anywhere near the limit.

The error is always writing string tables, and the table is random:
Engine error: Host_Error: Overflow error writing string table baseline ServerMapCycleMvM // scenes // whatever

As for adding/removing bosses, I can load them all in 1 round, people can join/leave the server with 32 people. Few maps later it will randomly crash unexpectedly.

Perhaps I can modify the plugin to have it dump the table capacity every X minutes to see when/where the problem is. The current command lags the server pretty badly.

jasonfrog
11-13-2012, 17:52
As for adding/removing bosses, I can load them all in 1 round, people can join/leave the server with 32 people. Few maps later it will randomly crash unexpectedly.If the crash is because of a string table overflow, then easiest way to fix it is to have less content, and perhaps for now this is the only effective way.

This means having less bosses in your characters.cfg, or stream-lining any other custom content plugins running on your server.

friagram
11-13-2012, 18:15
If the crash is because of a string table overflow, then easiest way to fix it is to have less content, and perhaps for now this is the only effective way.

This means having less bosses in your characters.cfg, or stream-lining any other custom content plugins running on your server.

i'm aware of what it means, but which table it is I have no idea. I modified powerlord's dumper and i'll have it write to logfile every so often so I can see what's going on:

I cycled through our bosses, we only have 10 or so.
I'll leave it running for awhile without ff2 cycling and see what goes on, then enable it later.

Regular map:
L 11/13/2012 - 15:14:12: [dumpstringtables.smx] downloadables: 998/8192 (12% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 15:14:12: [dumpstringtables.smx] modelprecache: 1134/2048 (55% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 15:14:12: [dumpstringtables.smx] genericprecache: 1/512 (0% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 15:14:12: [dumpstringtables.smx] soundprecache: 4402/8192 (54% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 15:14:12: [dumpstringtables.smx] decalprecache: 140/512 (27% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 15:14:12: [dumpstringtables.smx] instancebaseline: 94/1024 (9% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 15:14:12: [dumpstringtables.smx] lightstyles: 64/64 (100% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 15:14:12: [dumpstringtables.smx] userinfo: 33/256 (13% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 15:14:12: [dumpstringtables.smx] DynamicModels: 69/2048 (3% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 15:14:12: [dumpstringtables.smx] server_query_info: 1/4 (25% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 15:14:12: [dumpstringtables.smx] ParticleEffectNames: 1098/2048 (54% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 15:14:12: [dumpstringtables.smx] EffectDispatch: 7/1024 (1% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 15:14:12: [dumpstringtables.smx] VguiScreen: 4/256 (2% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 15:14:12: [dumpstringtables.smx] Materials: 4/1024 (0% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 15:14:12: [dumpstringtables.smx] InfoPanel: 2/128 (2% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 15:14:12: [dumpstringtables.smx] Scenes: 3135/4096 (77% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 15:14:12: [dumpstringtables.smx] ServerMapCycle: 1/128 (1% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 15:14:12: [dumpstringtables.smx] ServerPopFiles: 0/128 (0% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 15:14:12: [dumpstringtables.smx] ServerMapCycleMvM: 1/128 (1% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 15:14:12: [dumpstringtables.smx] GameRulesCreation: 1/1 (100% full)

End of ff2:
L 11/13/2012 - 16:00:36: [dumpstringtables.smx] downloadables: 1132/8192 (14% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 16:00:36: [dumpstringtables.smx] modelprecache: 800/2048 (39% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 16:00:36: [dumpstringtables.smx] genericprecache: 1/512 (0% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 16:00:36: [dumpstringtables.smx] soundprecache: 4619/8192 (56% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 16:00:36: [dumpstringtables.smx] decalprecache: 140/512 (27% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 16:00:36: [dumpstringtables.smx] instancebaseline: 107/1024 (10% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 16:00:36: [dumpstringtables.smx] lightstyles: 64/64 (100% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 16:00:36: [dumpstringtables.smx] userinfo: 33/256 (13% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 16:00:36: [dumpstringtables.smx] DynamicModels: 94/2048 (5% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 16:00:36: [dumpstringtables.smx] server_query_info: 1/4 (25% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 16:00:36: [dumpstringtables.smx] ParticleEffectNames: 1099/2048 (54% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 16:00:36: [dumpstringtables.smx] EffectDispatch: 8/1024 (1% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 16:00:36: [dumpstringtables.smx] VguiScreen: 5/256 (2% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 16:00:36: [dumpstringtables.smx] Materials: 7/1024 (1% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 16:00:36: [dumpstringtables.smx] InfoPanel: 2/128 (2% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 16:00:36: [dumpstringtables.smx] Scenes: 3135/4096 (77% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 16:00:36: [dumpstringtables.smx] ServerMapCycle: 1/128 (1% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 16:00:36: [dumpstringtables.smx] ServerPopFiles: 0/128 (0% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 16:00:36: [dumpstringtables.smx] ServerMapCycleMvM: 1/128 (1% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 16:00:36: [dumpstringtables.smx] GameRulesCreation: 1/1 (100% full)

Next map, non ff2:
L 11/13/2012 - 16:00:47: [dumpstringtables.smx] downloadables: 723/8192 (9% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 16:00:47: [dumpstringtables.smx] modelprecache: 821/2048 (40% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 16:00:47: [dumpstringtables.smx] genericprecache: 1/512 (0% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 16:00:47: [dumpstringtables.smx] soundprecache: 4321/8192 (53% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 16:00:47: [dumpstringtables.smx] decalprecache: 140/512 (27% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 16:00:47: [dumpstringtables.smx] instancebaseline: 16/1024 (2% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 16:00:47: [dumpstringtables.smx] lightstyles: 64/64 (100% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 16:00:47: [dumpstringtables.smx] userinfo: 33/256 (13% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 16:00:47: [dumpstringtables.smx] DynamicModels: 0/2048 (0% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 16:00:47: [dumpstringtables.smx] server_query_info: 1/4 (25% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 16:00:47: [dumpstringtables.smx] ParticleEffectNames: 1099/2048 (54% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 16:00:47: [dumpstringtables.smx] EffectDispatch: 0/1024 (0% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 16:00:47: [dumpstringtables.smx] VguiScreen: 3/256 (1% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 16:00:47: [dumpstringtables.smx] Materials: 7/1024 (1% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 16:00:47: [dumpstringtables.smx] InfoPanel: 2/128 (2% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 16:00:47: [dumpstringtables.smx] Scenes: 3135/4096 (77% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 16:00:47: [dumpstringtables.smx] ServerMapCycle: 1/128 (1% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 16:00:47: [dumpstringtables.smx] ServerPopFiles: 0/128 (0% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 16:00:47: [dumpstringtables.smx] ServerMapCycleMvM: 1/128 (1% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 16:00:47: [dumpstringtables.smx] GameRulesCreation: 1/1 (100% full)

DanK.
11-13-2012, 20:05
"ability"
{
"name" "rage_cloneattack"
"arg1" "1"
"arg2" "1"
"plugin_name" "ff2_1st_set_abilities"
}

I tried this ability on a boss thats not seeman or seeldier, and it spawns seeman on rage. Was this intended or?

realwx
11-13-2012, 21:12
One of the things a friend of mine noticed is that backstab damage is not doing 10%, but a little around 12%-13%... so, with Hale's HP of 32398 (or whereabouts), a backstab is doing 4080 damage. On the HUD, it seems that it's doing 2040 damage... but doing it twice.

Not sure if this is intentional or not.

friagram
11-13-2012, 23:18
After 1 round of ff2 and many other normal gamemode rounds, server seems to be doing fine. I'll run ff2 more to see what's going on..

L 11/13/2012 - 19:39:46: Map: wacky_races_v2
L 11/13/2012 - 19:39:46: downloadables: 713/8192 (9% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 19:39:46: modelprecache: 866/2048 (42% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 19:39:46: genericprecache: 1/512 (0% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 19:39:46: soundprecache: 4322/8192 (53% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 19:39:46: decalprecache: 140/512 (27% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 19:39:46: instancebaseline: 22/1024 (2% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 19:39:46: lightstyles: 64/64 (100% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 19:39:46: userinfo: 33/256 (13% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 19:39:46: DynamicModels: 0/2048 (0% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 19:39:46: server_query_info: 1/4 (25% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 19:39:46: ParticleEffectNames: 1098/2048 (54% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 19:39:46: EffectDispatch: 0/1024 (0% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 19:39:46: VguiScreen: 3/256 (1% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 19:39:46: Materials: 2/1024 (0% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 19:39:46: InfoPanel: 2/128 (2% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 19:39:46: Scenes: 3135/4096 (77% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 19:39:46: ServerMapCycle: 1/128 (1% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 19:39:46: ServerPopFiles: 0/128 (0% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 19:39:46: ServerMapCycleMvM: 1/128 (1% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 19:39:46: GameRulesCreation: 1/1 (100% full)

L 11/13/2012 - 20:02:11: Map: dm_cloudsdale_b6_3
L 11/13/2012 - 20:02:11: downloadables: 725/8192 (9% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 20:02:11: modelprecache: 1023/2048 (50% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 20:02:11: genericprecache: 1/512 (0% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 20:02:11: soundprecache: 4339/8192 (53% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 20:02:11: decalprecache: 147/512 (29% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 20:02:11: instancebaseline: 31/1024 (3% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 20:02:11: lightstyles: 64/64 (100% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 20:02:11: userinfo: 33/256 (13% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 20:02:11: DynamicModels: 0/2048 (0% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 20:02:11: server_query_info: 1/4 (25% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 20:02:11: ParticleEffectNames: 1098/2048 (54% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 20:02:11: EffectDispatch: 0/1024 (0% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 20:02:11: VguiScreen: 3/256 (1% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 20:02:11: Materials: 7/1024 (1% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 20:02:11: InfoPanel: 2/128 (2% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 20:02:11: Scenes: 3135/4096 (77% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 20:02:11: ServerMapCycle: 1/128 (1% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 20:02:11: ServerPopFiles: 0/128 (0% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 20:02:11: ServerMapCycleMvM: 1/128 (1% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 20:02:11: GameRulesCreation: 1/1 (100% full)

Edit: The server cycled to ff2, map crashed 26 minutes in or so, shortly after the map vote was completed by UMC, here's the stringtables from the start of the map:

L 11/13/2012 - 20:33:29: Map: vsh_megaman6_b4
L 11/13/2012 - 20:33:29: downloadables: 848/8192 (10% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 20:33:29: modelprecache: 1120/2048 (55% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 20:33:29: genericprecache: 1/512 (0% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 20:33:29: soundprecache: 4316/8192 (53% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 20:33:29: decalprecache: 140/512 (27% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 20:33:29: instancebaseline: 19/1024 (2% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 20:33:29: lightstyles: 64/64 (100% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 20:33:29: userinfo: 33/256 (13% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 20:33:29: DynamicModels: 0/2048 (0% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 20:33:29: server_query_info: 1/4 (25% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 20:33:29: ParticleEffectNames: 1098/2048 (54% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 20:33:29: EffectDispatch: 0/1024 (0% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 20:33:29: VguiScreen: 3/256 (1% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 20:33:29: Materials: 8/1024 (1% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 20:33:29: InfoPanel: 2/128 (2% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 20:33:29: Scenes: 3135/4096 (77% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 20:33:29: ServerMapCycle: 1/128 (1% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 20:33:29: ServerPopFiles: 0/128 (0% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 20:33:29: ServerMapCycleMvM: 1/128 (1% full)
L 11/13/2012 - 20:33:29: GameRulesCreation: 1/1 (100% full)

L 11/13/2012 - 20:57:33: [umc-core.smx] Initiating Vote Type: Stage 1 Tiered
L 11/13/2012 - 20:57:59: [umc-core.smx] MAPVOTE (Tiered): Players voted for map group 'MLP'
L 11/13/2012 - 20:58:04: [umc-core.smx] MAPVOTE (Tiered): Starting second stage of tiered vote.
L 11/13/2012 - 20:58:04: [umc-core.smx] Initiating Vote Type: Map
L 11/13/2012 - 20:58:29: [umc-core.smx] Setting nextmap to: dm_lunar_a2
L 11/13/2012 - 20:58:29: [umc-endvote.smx] End of map vote disabled.

(map usually cycles 6 minutes after umc vote initiation), so it crashed with ~ 1 minute left

L 11/13/2012 - 21:03:24: "abenntt<1307><STEAM_0:0:XXX><>" connected, address "XXX"
L 11/13/2012 - 21:03:24: World triggered "Mini_Round_Selected" (round "win_stage")
L 11/13/2012 - 21:03:24: World triggered "Mini_Round_Start"
L 11/13/2012 - 21:03:24: Engine error: Host_Error: Overflow error writing string table baseline Scenes

I don't see anything strange here... when I check the string tables periodically they are always at ~ these percentages. Is it possible that some strings are corrupted or malformed by ff2, and then this leads to a crash? It only happens with ff2 enabled, and randomly.

DanK.
11-18-2012, 14:23
Could we get a ConVar to disable ff2_music for everyone? We use HLDJ a lot on our server and it would be very helpful.

Huntereb
11-18-2012, 14:29
Could we get a ConVar to disable ff2_music for everyone? We use HLDJ a lot on our server and it would be very helpful.

Indeed, this would be very helpful. I welcome mic spammers using HLDJ on my server.

funnyfacez3
11-18-2012, 15:07
Why did this break all my bosses and now i have to stick with default

Huntereb
11-18-2012, 15:49
I'm getting reports from my admins that the boss is insta-dying from backstabs again. Though, they reported that it only happens sometimes, and mostly at the start of a new map. I can't test this, but it needs some looking into.

EDIT: It actually happens a lot more than first thought, someone needs to inspect this.

friagram
11-19-2012, 11:16
What's more about StringTables is that there's currently a bug, either with StringTables effecting each other when they shouldn't, or with the game engine reporting an overflow in the wrong StringTable.

Keep in mind that any downloadables adds to the server's stringtable, with the possible exception of maps.

I may make a new version of my StringTables Size Dumper to have it log the sizes of the stringtables every few minutes so we can track exactly what's going on there.

The problems, as I understand it, started with the TF2 Halloween update, not with Beta 6... except Huntereb's issue which I still can't explain.

FF2 is very stringtables-heavy, due to the number of models, sounds, and downloadables it uses. So are SaySounds and ModelManager. However, I don't know why one server crashing would crash other instances of srcds.

So I have been logging the stringtables at the start of every map, and have tried dumping them periodically. They do not grow in size or overflow, they stay pretty static. Even if I precache a ton of crap or add a bunch of stuff, they grow to what one would expect, and on the next map they reset to what they should be. I've dumped them a minute or two before a crash, and they are the same as they were 10-15 minutes before the crash. No large events are happening here, just normal gameplay from what I have gathered.

We've been running just normal teamplay, but stringtables overflow still manages to crash the server when busy once every day or 2, sometimes more.

If I load ff2, it will crash within 15-45 minutes pretty reliably. This did not happen before the halloween update. I'm not loading any new models, and not loading many new sounds either, so it's hard for me to tell what is causing the issue. Seems to crash with 5 bosses, or 10 about as frequently. Which map it's on is also random.

When Halloween Started:
Viaduct event, manor, and lakeside event (the 3 maps that spawned the bot halloween bosses) were causing crashes with stringtable errors logged to file within 10 minutes of going to that map with my normal sounds/models loaded (tables weren't anywhere near full, same as they are now). Sometimes it would just crash without writing to log. Removing custom models from the download table fixed this, and allowed those 3 maps to load. Crashes didn't happen if those 3 maps weren't chosen, or were just removed from rotation. Really didn't make sense to me. Spawning HHH/Monoculus/Merasmus with sourcemod on other maps wouldn't cause any issues.

Don't know if it's something wrong with the engine itself, sourcemod itself, or a combination of the two.

funnyfacez3
11-20-2012, 20:20
When map changes all my custom bosses stop working and its only the default bosses.

friagram
11-24-2012, 14:55
Removed steamtools, and music downloads, seemed to stop string table crashes (or greatly reduce them).

L 11/24/2012 - 02:06:09: [SM] Native "GetEntPropFloat" reported: Property "m_flChargeLevel" not found (entity 485/tf_weapon_raygun)
L 11/24/2012 - 02:06:09: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "disabled\freak_fortress_2.smx":
L 11/24/2012 - 02:06:09: [SM] [0] Line 3093, ...........freak_fortress_2.sp::ClientTimer()

Don't believe the file has been altered, just recompiled.
Getting this error a bunch on one map.

Dis is odd:
Attempted to create unknown particle system type "L;*********""C*********"Access violation - no RTTI data!"!
Happened on the map following ff2, particle system that should have been created is that fire ring for the newer heavy minigun.

bunch of random quotes and ascii characters in there (not asterisks)

DanK.
12-04-2012, 20:14
So whats going on currently with this plugin in terms of development? just curious.

Huntereb
12-05-2012, 08:28
Yeah I haven't seen much action lately, any news on 1.07?

Powerlord
12-05-2012, 18:21
So whats going on currently with this plugin in terms of development? just curious.

Yeah I haven't seen much action lately, any news on 1.07?

I've been busy trying to finish another plugin.

Just to make sure, what (easy?) bugs are still remaining?

I know that I need to add an undisguise line for bosses (or all players) to fix a bug from earlier this week, and it might not be a bad idea to see if I can trace down why m_flChargeLevel is being called on a raygun (as it should only be called on Mediguns... although actually, it might just be on players). Oh, and removing the see health attribute and possibly adding the "can't pick up ammo boxes" attribute on the boss.

BBG_Theory
12-05-2012, 23:35
My biggest request would be a time delay variable for when the looping back ground music begins,
such that in a typical config

"sound_bgm"
{
"path1" "freak_fortress_2\bossX\bgm.mp3"
"time1" "xx.x"
"time2" "xx.x"
}

where time2 = bgm start delay ( to better time the blend from the sound begin and bgm ) there must be some default already in place of about 7 to 10 seconds because thats about how long from the start of the intro, to the begining of the bgm music

OR... better yet (coded for this to work, where this time is not a looping delay but defines the length of the intro to trigger the start of the bgmusic)

"sound_begin"
{
"1" "freak_fortress_2\bossX\start1.mp3"
"time1" "xx.x"
"2" "freak_fortress_2\bossX\start2.mp3"
"time1" "xx.x"
}

also, what if we integrated the mapchooser plugin into FF2 since this is needed for the multi boss list voting to work

BBG_Theory
12-05-2012, 23:46
So I have been logging the stringtables at the start of every map, and have tried dumping them periodically. They do not grow in size or overflow, they stay pretty static. Even if I precache a ton of crap or add a bunch of stuff, they grow to what one would expect, and on the next map they reset to what they should be. I've dumped them a minute or two before a crash, and they are the same as they were 10-15 minutes before the crash. No large events are happening here, just normal gameplay from what I have gathered.

We've been running just normal teamplay, but stringtables overflow still manages to crash the server when busy once every day or 2, sometimes more.

If I load ff2, it will crash within 15-45 minutes pretty reliably. This did not happen before the halloween update. I'm not loading any new models, and not loading many new sounds either, so it's hard for me to tell what is causing the issue. Seems to crash with 5 bosses, or 10 about as frequently. Which map it's on is also random.

When Halloween Started:
Viaduct event, manor, and lakeside event (the 3 maps that spawned the bot halloween bosses) were causing crashes with stringtable errors logged to file within 10 minutes of going to that map with my normal sounds/models loaded (tables weren't anywhere near full, same as they are now). Sometimes it would just crash without writing to log. Removing custom models from the download table fixed this, and allowed those 3 maps to load. Crashes didn't happen if those 3 maps weren't chosen, or were just removed from rotation. Really didn't make sense to me. Spawning HHH/Monoculus/Merasmus with sourcemod on other maps wouldn't cause any issues.

Don't know if it's something wrong with the engine itself, sourcemod itself, or a combination of the two.

I dont have crashing problems ( maybe a crash once in a a long while like multiple days or once a week) and im running over 100 bosses and have about 35 maps in rotation. Running 2 FF2 servers

friagram
12-06-2012, 04:49
@BBG_Theory
Still get random crashes every now and again, mabye every 20-30 hours, perhaps sometimes more. Usually just an engine error with no error written. Sometimes string table error. Not sure why. We run multimod servers with many different game modes. However, the more content/mods there are, the more often problems occur. If I remove FF2 (even though I don't have it adding ANYTHING to the download tables) the server will stay up for a few days without problems.

I've been busy trying to finish another plugin.

Just to make sure, what (easy?) bugs are still remaining?

I know that I need to add an undisguise line for bosses (or all players) to fix a bug from earlier this week, and it might not be a bad idea to see if I can trace down why m_flChargeLevel is being called on a raygun (as it should only be called on Mediguns... although actually, it might just be on players). Oh, and removing the see health attribute and possibly adding the "can't pick up ammo boxes" attribute on the boss.

Do you think while you're at it, you could add an option to remove the default attributes that get added in when adding additional attributes?

it may hurt backwards compatibility to make boss configs override the default attributes of extra damage/see boss health/cap rate, but it is very annoying.

If we make a scout boss, they get extra cap rate, we may only want to put +1, and instead we have to add the +-1 or +-2 to cancel it out, so the weapon gets both attributes. Also for team bosses it's a bit odd.

Another problem is that some weapons do insane amounts of damage with that multiplier (flamethrower is a good example).

Having the attributes string override the default hale attributes would be pretty helpful. Users might have to go in and edit their configs to add the damage modifier to restore back the boss' previous damage though. Perhaps a better way to ensure backwards compatability would be to make another key value like "overrideattributes" or something, and if that is present, it uses those for the weapon attributes, instead of appending.

Got this error a bunch on one map, mabye 50 times over about 10 seconds

L 11/27/2012 - 20:26:16: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "disabled\freak_fortress_2.smx":
L 11/27/2012 - 20:26:16: [SM] [0] Line 3207, ...freak_fortress_2.sp::BossTimer()
L 11/27/2012 - 20:26:16: [SM] Plugin encountered error 14: Divide by zero

This is the line:

SetEntPropFloat(Boss[index], Prop_Data, "m_flMaxspeed", BossSpeed[Special[index]]+0.7*(100-BossHealth[index]*100/BossLivesMax[index]/BossHealthMax[index]));

All of my bosses use 1 life, don't have anything like ninjaspy/painis going on.
It looks like the boss's health was perhaps below 0. The lines right below this look like they are in place to fix this if it happens, but if the div by 0 already happens, it'll throw an error before it happens.

if (BossHealth[index] <= 0 && IsPlayerAlive(Boss[index]))
BossHealth[index] = 1;
SetBossHealthFix(Boss[index], BossHealth[index]);

Why is it trying to fix the health after it sends it and tries to do division which may fail? shouldn't it be doing the checks first?

Xian
12-06-2012, 06:45
Oh, and removing the see health attribute and possibly adding the "can't pick up ammo boxes" attribute on the boss.

I do not think it would be a good idea if you added the "can't pick up ammo boxes" attributes, since some of the bosses are supposed to pick up ammo.

An example could be the boss "Rocket" made by EP_ he picks up ammo boxes to his rocket launcher (which does 0 damage vs. players).

friagram
12-06-2012, 06:50
Bosses should have regenerating ammo, or ammo that is filled by rages.
You can alter ammo regenration with the attributes string... Why would you want bosses to take ammo/metal from players? Most arena maps already have very little of it around.

Xian
12-06-2012, 07:17
Bosses should have regenerating ammo, or ammo that is filled by rages.
You can alter ammo regenration with the attributes string... Why would you want bosses to take ammo/metal from players? Most arena maps already have very little of it around.

I has to disagree with you here...

It would make the boss spam a lot more and the team should be able to take advantage over the ammo locations. This will prevent the boss from spamming, which gives the team an advantage over the boss and otherwise.