PDA

View Full Version : [CS:GO/L4D2] DoS Protect [UPDATED 26.10.12]

Zephyrus
09-27-2012, 15:23
A working DoS protection extension for CS:GO.

There's only one command, dosp_attacks that will print all logged attacks, the number of packets received and the time of the last one.

Installation:
1. Place .dll/.so in extensions folder
2. Place .txt in gamedata folder
3. Create a file called dosprotect.autoload in extensions folder

Thanks to GoD-Tony for the gamedata and the L4D2 version.

Changelog:

2013.08.24:
-Left 4 Dead 2 version thanks to GoD-Tony
2012.10.25:
-Updated Linux version, turned out SteamSocketMgr::recvfrom is NOT used on Linux (@GoD-Tony: so long for a pure SP version using DHooks :P)
2012.10.26:
-Updated gamedata for the new update (required for Windows only)

nightrider
09-27-2012, 19:40
Thank you Zephyrus

K.K.Lv
09-30-2012, 21:51
can you post the project for VS ?

Visual77
10-01-2012, 06:12
can you post the project for VS ?

Asked the same a while ago. Anyway here you go.

K.K.Lv
10-01-2012, 06:41
Asked the same a while ago. Anyway here you go.

you use VS 2012?
It seems don't support windows 2003
any way, thx:wink:

Visual77
10-01-2012, 06:53
Yes, updated last month from 2010. You can't compile because you are on an earlier version?

Have you tried editing one of the project files in folder-of-your-sm-1.5.0\public\sample_ext\
There is msvc8, 9 and 10 which you can use to edit. You pretty much only have to link Ws2_32.lib.

K.K.Lv
10-01-2012, 08:19
I have rebuild a project on VS2010,I just lazy to build a project because need to set a few settings:mrgreen:

ph
10-05-2012, 21:54
Thank you

Century19
10-07-2012, 16:21
YES!

I have been waiting forever for this.

+1

kills
10-14-2012, 15:38
This plugin does not work on servers cs: go linux server and does not protect atack statistics do not appear as it does dosp_protect.
Something is wrong my own server with dos attack and does not protect the server is removed from the Internet with a huge lag and dosp_attacks command console with no log is not as it appears on css version.
Thanks for trying to protect our servers, expect a fully functional version.
I used the console command dosp_attacks the answer was:
DoSProtect logged attacks:
Attacker IP Packets <TAB> <TAB> Last packet
--------------------------------
Not recorded any attack

thank you!

Zephyrus
10-14-2012, 16:13
This plugin does not work on servers cs: go linux server and does not protect atack statistics do not appear as it does dosp_protect.
Something is wrong my own server with dos attack and does not protect the server is removed from the Internet with a huge lag and dosp_attacks command console with no log is not as it appears on css version.
Thanks for trying to protect our servers, expect a fully functional version.
I used the console command dosp_attacks the answer was:
DoSProtect logged attacks:
Attacker IP Packets <TAB> <TAB> Last packet
Not recorded any attack

thank you!

then its not this kind of attack or you are having a DDoS attack

squallfxx
10-16-2012, 08:28
True.. This extension does not protect DDoS attacks on CS:GO linux servers..
I'm experiencing some attacks on my servers too..

ph
10-16-2012, 08:30

Do you also host website, or web server on the server machine as well?

Zephyrus
10-16-2012, 21:05
jackasses hijacked the thread

TheHardstyleBro
10-17-2012, 08:42
jackasses hijacked the thread

True

K.K.Lv
10-18-2012, 01:08
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=135543
I recompiled this metamod plugin.it seem can be loaded with CS:GO

Zephyrus
10-18-2012, 01:33
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=135543
I recompiled this metamod plugin.it seem can be loaded with CS:GO

thats against an other exploit that im pretty sure is not even working anymore, or not without a lot of machines doing it

K.K.Lv
10-18-2012, 06:15
never mind !
I have not test anymore, only load it ?
So I want to ask you, How to anti DDos attacks ?
It seems that this extension was not support Anti DDos attacks !

Zephyrus
10-18-2012, 08:48
theres no protection against ddos that you as a server owner could set up

squallfxx
10-18-2012, 10:30
Do you also host website, or web server on the server machine as well?

Nop.. Only GameServers..

kills
10-22-2012, 04:19
Previous versions daf work on css servers and the same type of atack on csgo is destructive.
While CSS servers are not csgo problems are attacked 3-4 times daily until all players leave the server and go less well known server and not atack target sites.
No offense appreciate the effort of doing to help us but for csgo version of this plugin does not work.
Thank you!

Filoret
10-22-2012, 23:09
Previous versions daf work on css servers and the same type of atack on csgo is destructive.
While CSS servers are not csgo problems are attacked 3-4 times daily until all players leave the server and go less well known server and not atack target sites.
No offense appreciate the effort of doing to help us but for csgo version of this plugin does not work.
Thank you!

try iptables rules
work fine

Carson01
10-25-2012, 03:19
Have you tried editing one of the project files in folder-of-your-sm-1.5.0\public\sample_ext\
There is msvc8, 9 and 10 which you can use to edit. You pretty much only have to link Ws2_32.lib.

kills
10-25-2012, 09:47
UP
Linux version now works, personally tested.
Download again and rewrite file extension.
Thanks Zephyrus

GoD-Tony
10-25-2012, 10:23
2012.10.25:
-Updated Linux version, turned out SteamSocketMgr::recvfrom is NOT used on Linux (@GoD-Tony: so long for a pure SP version using DHooks :P)Aww, what a shame!

Mitchell
10-31-2012, 19:35
It never said it did protect you from DDoS, it said DoS. The differences matter.

Prechan
03-17-2013, 15:20
I do not understand ...
How can we check the doslogs?

Must necessarily dosp_attack type in the console?
They do not write to a file?

Zephyrus
03-17-2013, 15:34
i could probably compile a version that would write them to one of the log files, it would only be an extra line, if its requested

Prechan
03-17-2013, 16:57
It would be really great ! =)

GoD-Tony
08-23-2013, 17:01
A build for L4D2 since it looks like that game now requires the same method.

Zephyrus
08-23-2013, 18:24

im pretty sure it always needed it, i was just too lazy to support it as i dont have l4d2 downloaded myself nor messed with it ever, when i get home ill put your files in the OP and update the title to [CS:GO/L4D2] if you dont mind

Eden.Campo
08-24-2013, 01:59
CS:S can be also supported?

Thanks!

shavit
08-24-2013, 12:17

Thanks!
The DoS method that this extension blocks is probably not working in CS:S.

Zephyrus
08-24-2013, 12:51
it does work in css but theres another extension for css that fixes it, this is a more hackish way

shavit
08-24-2013, 14:36
it does work in css but theres another extension for css that fixes it, this is a more hackish way
Can you post a link?

Franc1sco
08-24-2013, 14:42

Thanks!

For CS:S use this -> https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=135543

Or no?

Mata Patos
08-28-2013, 05:19
For CS:S use this -> https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=135543

Or no?

Hi Francisco.

Which one should I use? This qcache_mm_ob.zip or this qcache_mm_src.zip ? ( For CSS )

Franc1sco
08-28-2013, 21:32
Hi Francisco.

Which one should I use? This qcache_mm_ob.zip or this qcache_mm_src.zip ? ( For CSS )

Upload this (https://forums.alliedmods.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=71861&d=1282139656) and then upload this (https://forums.alliedmods.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=113853&d=1356922279) overwriting the qcache_mm.so file

btw, you are spanish? because you have a spanish name

Mata Patos
08-29-2013, 06:19
Upload this (https://forums.alliedmods.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=71861&d=1282139656) and then upload this (https://forums.alliedmods.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=113853&d=1356922279) overwriting the qcache_mm.so file

Hi Francisco,

No I'm Portuguese :)

violentcrimes
08-30-2013, 23:46
Is there a windows version of this? Also does it support TF2?

ph
09-08-2013, 05:47

Francisco,

Do you have a windows version?

irogue
09-16-2013, 12:25
i could probably compile a version that would write them to one of the log files, it would only be an extra line, if its requested

Hey, can you compile a version (I am using l4d2 - windows) that logs to a file any attacks, because from what i understand the extension will only allow the command to show a list of attacks when entered manually and not save this to a log file of sorts?

thanks

Kigen
10-02-2013, 01:37
I would highly recommend not using this until the logging of IPs is removed. This plugin is a vulnerable to DoSing the box via consuming all available memory on the box. The use of spoofed IPs sending empty packets would overwhelm the box's RAM. Thus resulting in the entire machine being unusable.

Peruanazo
10-02-2013, 03:52
Hi, the antiddos Protection works in L4D2 Linux?

Zephyrus
10-02-2013, 12:56
I would highly recommend not using this until the logging of IPs is removed. This plugin is a vulnerable to DoSing the box via consuming all available memory on the box. The use of spoofed IPs sending empty packets would overwhelm the box's RAM. Thus resulting in the entire machine being unusable.

LOL. 1 IP record ~ 16 bytes. if you have enough ip to fill the ram with that its called DDOS anyway and not DOS, so your least problem will be the ram. and btw, 8gb ram can hold 536870912 IPs. omfg. having said that, if you send 1000 packets / second, it would take 149 hours to fill 8gb memory.

napalm00
10-02-2013, 17:05

LOL. 1 IP record ~ 16 bytes. if you have enough ip to fill the ram with that its called DDOS anyway and not DOS, so your least problem will be the ram. and btw, 8gb ram can hold 536870912 IPs. omfg. having said that, if you send 1000 packets / second, it would take 149 hours to fill 8gb memory.

Precisely this and also the SourceHook list used by this extension (and possibly most lists out there, if not all) calls malloc() which in turn asks the OS wether it should use the RAM or virtual memory, so you'll never really end up overflowing the RAM by using lists to cache IPs from a DoS attack.

Kigen
10-02-2013, 22:49
Lets say an attacker only has one machine and must hide it. So he decides to only use 10Mbps. The attack packet is 42 bytes. 10Megabits is 1310720 bytes. Divide that by 42 and you get approx. 31207 packets per second. Then we will look at the server. Most will be using shared hosting. This means that only a few hundred megabytes of memory will be available to the server. Lets say you are right that the IP record only takes 16 bytes (btw, look up struct padding). So lets say the server has 500MB extra aside from base SRCDS use (which is around 200-300MB). 500MB is 524288000 bytes. That means 32768000 IP records can be stored. That means that the server would only last 1050 seconds before it consumes all that available memory. Then lets say another server on the box crashes/restarts (because this is a shared host). Then server would then start to allocate into that space the other server was using. However, the other server would no longer be able to malloc() SRCDS's needed space. Then angry customer complains to the host provider. The host provider then sees that your SRCDS server is consuming an abnormal amount of RAM and then tries to restart it. But your server would fast consume the available memory. They would suspend your service.

All this because of a poorly coded plugin you were using.

I seriously hope you guys are joking about not caring about the list growing infinitely. You don't even at least have pruning to keep the list under a certain size so that when someone runs the command they don't see over 1000 lines of IPs. Seriously, its pointless to be keeping a record of attacking IPs anyway since they will most likely be spoofed.

I've seen attacker keep up a sustained spoofed IP attack at 100Mbps for over 2 months. That caused me to have to make my own anti-DoS plugin that covers all types of attacks against an SRCDS.

Zephyrus
10-03-2013, 00:41
Lets say an attacker only has one machine and must hide it. So he decides to only use 10Mbps. The attack packet is 42 bytes. 10Megabits is 1310720 bytes. Divide that by 42 and you get approx. 31207 packets per second. Then we will look at the server. Most will be using shared hosting. This means that only a few hundred megabytes of memory will be available to the server. Lets say you are right that the IP record only takes 16 bytes (btw, look up struct padding). So lets say the server has 500MB extra aside from base SRCDS use (which is around 200-300MB). 500MB is 524288000 bytes. That means 32768000 IP records can be stored. That means that the server would only last 1050 seconds before it consumes all that available memory. Then lets say another server on the box crashes/restarts (because this is a shared host). Then server would then start to allocate into that space the other server was using. However, the other server would no longer be able to malloc() SRCDS's needed space. Then angry customer complains to the host provider. The host provider then sees that your SRCDS server is consuming an abnormal amount of RAM and then tries to restart it. But your server would fast consume the available memory. They would suspend your service.

All this because of a poorly coded plugin you were using.

I seriously hope you guys are joking about not caring about the list growing infinitely. You don't even at least have pruning to keep the list under a certain size so that when someone runs the command they don't see over 1000 lines of IPs. Seriously, its pointless to be keeping a record of attacking IPs anyway since they will most likely be spoofed.

I've seen attacker keep up a sustained spoofed IP attack at 100Mbps for over 2 months. That caused me to have to make my own anti-DoS plugin that covers all types of attacks against an SRCDS.

1. 16 bytes is the alignment size that x86 uses too, maybe you should look it up instead
2. any sane hosting would set up iptables rules in the first place, so if this extension causes a machine crash the customers do have a valid reason to complain, as they shouldnt even have to use it in the first place if they would have chosen a decent provider
3. by telling ppl not to use this, you basically tell them to eat 100% CPU in case of an attack instead of just having a server that crashs after running out of its memory (if someone even use spoofed ips to do such... i havent met anyone doing so)
4. instead of telling ppl not to use this, you could have just as well provided the 2 lines to add to the code, to clear up the sourcehook list once it has 1000 ips in it
5. feel free to share your great anti-dos plugin if this is poorly written...
6. most ppl dont get attacked by someone who has enough knowledge to spoof UDP headers
7. blame shitty internet providers without ingress/egress filtering, any ISP/Datacenter without such is poorly designed, so this plugin is the least of your problems
8. "That caused me to have to make my own anti-DoS plugin that covers all types of attacks against an SRCDS." -> as you havent made anything like that publicly available i assume you made it for your own server and i have to tell you how useless it was instead of just using 2-3 iptables rules, BUT ITS PROBABLY PROPERLY WRITTEN, so you have that at least, but dont judge yourself pls for not being able to use iptables :( that being sad any plugin against srcds dos is poorly designed because you should be using iptables instead

Kigen
10-03-2013, 01:00
It doesn't take a genius to spoof IPs. Often someone will create a "service" and then sell it. Someone gets paid basically to DoS your box.

But I do think your taking this as a personal attack when I'm trying to point out an obvious flaw. I seriously do not understand the point of keeping the attacking IP list in the first place. Also, since you coded it I would have thought that you would have simply fixed it. My first post was an advisory that there was a major problem.

I currently have intentions of releasing KAD in the future. I'm rewriting it however because it was initially written during the that two month attack I mentioned earlier and was written only for Windows. Some of the highest attacks I've seen against it are appox 500Mbps of a mix of A2S_INFO and A2S_CHALLENGE attacks.

I really don't understand why your trying to justify keeping a list of attacking IPs. Because if I was to "contribute" all I would do is strip it out. :(

Chesterfield
11-05-2013, 12:31
Hello guys, i have a few questions.

Is this actually working? my server has been attacked and i've found this protection to block those attacks, will this help me?

nightrider
11-06-2013, 13:44
I look forward Kigen to your KAD "Kigen Anto-Dos"

Kooter
11-07-2013, 14:22
I would like to ask for a little help with this if it's alright. I'd like to verify this is working properly for L4D2 and that I've installed it properly.

I've placed the l4d2 .dll and .so files in my Sourcemod Extensions folder. I've placed the dosprotect.txt file in my Sourcemod Gamedata folder. I've created a file called dosprotect.autoload in my sourcemod\extensions folder.

When I type dosp_attacks in console it says unknown command, even if I use rcon. I also can't find any way of verifying that this is installed properly, except for making sure those files are in the folders I've listed above.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks. :)

spumer
11-08-2013, 01:38
Use sm exts list or meta list commands.

Kooter
11-10-2013, 04:19
Hi, neither the sm exts list nor meta list commands list this extension as being installed on my server. Is it perhaps not functioning or not installed correctly? Thanks.

spumer
11-11-2013, 23:03
This commands show currently loaded extensions. You can try load extension manually: sm exts load dosprotect (or something like this).

winged_box
12-15-2013, 01:37
When I installed this on my linux l4d2 server it just keep crashing with the 'segmentation error' message and server restart non-stop.

Sarona
12-15-2013, 16:18
Hey Zephyrus, can you a create a version of this plugin for CS:S Please?, Thanks: :)

I think other plugins with the same functionalities will not work or broken :(

DoomHammer69
01-20-2014, 17:48
When I installed this on my linux l4d2 server it just keep crashing with the 'segmentation error' message and server restart non-stop.

that error is other problem. Nothing with this plugin about

exzi
02-06-2014, 18:07
[SM] Extension dosprotect.ext.dll failed to load: Failed to get address of SteamSocketMgr

I get this after typing "sm exts load dosprotect" and server crash

This plugin used to work perfectly but sinds yesterday I get this error

GoD-Tony
02-07-2014, 03:27
[SM] Extension dosprotect.ext.dll failed to load: Failed to get address of SteamSocketMgr

I get this after typing "sm exts load dosprotect" and server crash

This plugin used to work perfectly but sinds yesterday I get this errorHere is some updated gamedata. Can you run the same test?

exzi
02-07-2014, 08:41
Here is some updated gamedata. Can you run the same test?

[SM] Loaded extension dosprotect.ext.dll successfully.

Thank you

ericwilder
02-26-2014, 08:27
this no longer works on l4d2 (win) after several steam client updates over the days. is signatures up to date?

GoD-Tony
02-26-2014, 08:40
this no longer works on l4d2 (win) after several steam client updates over the days. is signatures up to date?Are you getting any errors? Or does it just not appear to be functioning?

ericwilder
02-26-2014, 08:44
loads but theres been much attacks on my csgo server and the l4d. valve made some changes arround thigns and now everythings bad. you 100 % sure this still works? only gameserver lags (freezes constantly and pings of 1000) but the dedicated server which server runs on has no lag. edit: yes plugin placebo effect (not working) since feb 22.

fitnies
03-02-2014, 11:38
I also did not boot dosprotect.dll
Dosprotect.txt helped by GoD-Tony
But there is another problem! Server does not respond when included the plugin dosprotect. How to fix it?

fitnies
03-02-2014, 11:43
Help me
my server is heavily hangs

fitnies
03-04-2014, 13:27
Help me
my server is heavily hangs

up

fitnies
03-05-2014, 09:10
Server does not respond when included the plugin dosprotect!
How fix?

Kooter
04-14-2014, 00:07
This still doesn't seem to work for L4D2, even when I use the version posted by Tony, in addition to the updated game data that he posted. I get no error messages, but it also doesn't show up in meta list or sm exts lists or anything else posted in this thread. I don't mean to be a broken record but is there any hope for a L4D2 fix? :)

crasx
04-14-2014, 21:22
I was told this extension is obsolete

Kooter
04-15-2014, 05:28
That's disappointing to hear. Any possibility of something coming along to take its place? It seems like this would be a welcome addition here, given how often Source Engine games seem to fall prey to DOS attacks. I routinely hear of players being dos-ed in everything from CS, to L4D.

crasx
04-15-2014, 23:44
someone on reddit linked me to https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=95312

Kooter
04-16-2014, 01:33
Yeah, that also doesn't work for Linux, the Windows version seems to work fine, but doesn't work for L4D2 on Linux (not for me anyway). Thanks though.

asherkin
04-16-2014, 05:22
I think the person on Reddit mixed up the 2.

GoD-Tony posted on the last page asking for information about it not working on L4D2, perhaps someone should answer his question.

Kooter
04-16-2014, 22:47
I think the person on Reddit mixed up the 2.

GoD-Tony posted on the last page asking for information about it not working on L4D2, perhaps someone should answer his question.

He wasn't addressing me directly, but I attempted to answer his question when I posted this on page 7:

This still doesn't seem to work for L4D2, even when I use the version posted by Tony, in addition to the updated game data that he posted. I get no error messages, but it also doesn't show up in meta list or sm exts lists or anything else posted in this thread. I don't mean to be a broken record but is there any hope for a L4D2 fix? :)

If more information is required, I'll be happy to provide anything I can, but I've given all that that I'm aware of. I get no error messages from this extension and it shows no signs that I've seen of being loaded. Sm exts list and meta list don't show it as being loaded. Sm exts load dosprotect does nothing. It doesn't respond to the one command listed in the original post, whether tried with sm_rcon or not. I've followed the instructions listed in the first post to the letter, and this simply shows no signs of being installed that I can see. (For L4D2) Please let me know if there's anything else I can provide, I'm happy to be the Guinea Pig on this. :)

I've tried the gamedata in the intial post as well as the updated gamedata Tony posted for L4D2, I still get the same results.

crasx
04-17-2014, 00:01
not a question of is it working. Do we still need this? Did valve fix it on there end? Is there a more up to date plugin? I came across like 3, no idea which one to use. If one is broken I can fix, just need to know which one

Kooter
04-17-2014, 03:46
As many servers and players are still being DOS attacked, I'd argue it's still "needed". As to Valve "fixing it", since players are still being DOS attacked, it would appear they haven't "fixed" anything. Not sure how one would go about quantifying which plugin is more up to date as none of them are currently working (for L4D2 on Linux), but in my search I've found a few tools that have had any recent work done on them, and none appear to be working for L4D on Linux. This, as well as the Metamod SRCDS Plugin seem to have the most information available. The SRCDS Plugin seems to work okay for me on Windows, but I couldn't tell you which you should fix, as I've yet to experience the CS:GO/L4D2 DoS Protect in operation personally. If you're going to attempt a fix, I'd say fix one one of those two, or even both, and try them out for yourself to see which works best.

crasx
04-17-2014, 16:02
If you're going to attempt a fix, I'd say fix one one of those two, or even both, and try them out for yourself to see which works best.
Good call. I will be out of town but will try and fix early next week. Any idea where I can get the tools to test this type of attack?

klausenbusk
04-19-2014, 11:20
Any working solution for CS:S?

crasx
04-23-2014, 20:38
here is a working version for l4d2 and csgo on linux. Don't even want to try to mess with a windows version.

this is working in the sense that it compiles and loads on the server. I don't have the tools to test the exploit it is suppose to prevent

I needed an autoload file

crasx
05-01-2014, 00:52
Looks like the l4d2 version crashes one of my servers. Need to investigate

Kooter
05-03-2014, 00:27
After having to leave town unexpectedly, I'm now home again. Thanks for taking the time to attempt a fix. If I can be of any help, let me know.

crasx
05-03-2014, 17:41
it runs fine on my csgo server afaik. so maybe theres something else going on

Kooter
05-04-2014, 17:50
Hmmmn, I'll load it up on one of my Left 4 Dead 2 servers and see what happens.

Kooter
05-10-2014, 09:19
Was pretty certain I'd replied to this, but maybe there was an issue that prevented my post from showing up. Anyway, I loaded it up on my L4D2 server and it doesn't show up at all. Meta list, etc. shows nothing.

crasx
05-10-2014, 17:03
it goes in sourcemod/extensions. It would show up in sm exts even if it failed. Are you putting it in the right place/checking the right command?

Kooter
05-10-2014, 23:05
Pretty sure... I followed the install instructions in the first post exactly. I placed the .so file in Sourcemod/Extensions, placed the .txt file in Sourcemod/Gamedata and created a file called dosprotect.autoload in Sourcemod/Extensions (Sourcemod/Extensions/dosprotect.autoload). I've checked that my file permissions are correct, and it still doesn't seem to respond to sm exts list, meta list or sm exts load dosprotect. I guess I'm possibly doing something wrong? Lol. :twisted:

crasx
05-12-2014, 18:49
anything in the error logs?

IgorTK
06-29-2014, 07:02
this plugin currently works with cs go?

Firewall_
07-12-2014, 08:02
my server is still take ddos atack. Cpu %100 ... pls help

TUSK3N1337
07-20-2014, 15:55
Any fix for cs go windows?

JoB2C
09-12-2014, 13:53
Can we have an explanation about what binary to use with what gamedata?

I'm running CS:GO Linux and I have no clue what ones to use...

iGANGNAM
09-23-2014, 15:22
gamedata update please.

GoD-Tony
09-26-2014, 06:27
Untested CS:GO/Windows gamedata update.

iGANGNAM
10-04-2014, 12:17
Well... Server crashes, can't start up.

gamemann
10-26-2014, 15:48
Anyway to get an updated gamedata file? I've tried getting the new values myself, but I am not advanced enough.

Thanks,
Roy (Gamemann)

uJIb9
11-23-2014, 16:31
Is there a working plugin for CS:Source OB?

ph
11-29-2014, 22:30
Well... Server crashes, can't start up.

Is it fixed?

Care to provide a solution.

ph
12-02-2014, 05:34
Does anyone have updated working game data file for cs:go

iGANGNAM
12-02-2014, 14:26
Does anyone have updated working game data file for cs:go
Well, it's not working.
http://i.gyazo.com/a8186e544c820de5955edc536101f303.png

t1empO
01-18-2015, 03:20
Please fix....

midnight9
01-19-2015, 07:01
Does it work for L4D2 linux server?

midnight9
02-23-2015, 10:18
It seems that its working for l4d2, is it possible to add logging attacks to file?

ImACow
02-24-2015, 16:02
Any gamedata update for CSGO ?

Maher
03-06-2015, 15:37
Not working in CS: GO!

/csgo/csgo/addons/sourcemod/extensions/dosprotect.ext.2.csgo.so: undefined symbol: __dynamic_cast

midnight9
03-08-2015, 11:51
here is a working version for l4d2 and csgo on linux. Don't even want to try to mess with a windows version.

this is working in the sense that it compiles and loads on the server. I don't have the tools to test the exploit it is suppose to prevent

I needed an autoload file

Anyone could add log to file option and compile it on linux please? Pretty please

midnight9
03-16-2015, 14:02
bump

Vorker
03-29-2015, 09:53
Please, make a build for l4d1(Left 4 Dead1).
I'm constantly attack the competitors

Dramex
03-29-2015, 10:24
its cause a crash every 5 hours to my server

FlawlessKush
04-14-2015, 00:16
Please fix

midnight9
04-14-2015, 04:22
I doubt you will get any response, I've asked if someone could add log to file option and compile it for me but no one is interested:(

spumer
04-14-2015, 06:15
This is ugly way. send/recv called in one thread and even you hook this functions by this extension you only slightly reduce the load. If you add logging - you back to lags again.

midnight9
04-14-2015, 09:50
This is ugly way. send/recv called in one thread and even you hook this functions by this extension you only slightly reduce the load. If you add logging - you back to lags again.

So you reckon that if log to file will be added it will cause lags? Or i miss understood? The only reason i want the log to file is that if the server is being restarted or taken down by an attack it clears the logs. So i cant check the IP of an attacker and add it to the ban list.

Filoret
01-29-2016, 05:23
is it working now?

Robin955
04-10-2017, 09:20
crashes the server - csgo.

DJPlaya
05-05-2017, 20:57
This Extension seems to be no longer working,
try hardending https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=151551
or this cool Program which is pretty well written> https://github.com/qRoC/SourceQueryCacheMono

Stacktrace > http://i.imgur.com/iyh6x6t.png

spumer
05-07-2017, 03:23
or this cool Extension which is pretty well written> https://github.com/blastehh/SourceQueryCacheMono

Stacktrace > http://i.imgur.com/iyh6x6t.png

If you use IPTables (NAT) to redirect queries to proxy, this rule will be remembered in routing table and if client try to connect - connection will be redirected to proxy too.
This this why "SourceQueryCacheMono" approach is incomplete.

DJPlaya
05-07-2017, 17:11
If you use IPTables (NAT) to redirect queries to proxy, this rule will be remembered in routing table and if client try to connect - connection will be redirected to proxy too.
This this why "SourceQueryCacheMono" approach is incomplete.

If you host at some stupid Provider or have Windows you need other Solutions...

spumer
05-09-2017, 03:57
I publish Proof-of-Concept for silent packet redirection:
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2519262
This should сomplement SourceQueryCacheMono approach

If you host at some stupid Provider or have Windows you need other Solutions...

I don't understand what you want to say. I'm talking about iptables, and answering the post which describes iptables solution.
It's obvious Windows need something different than iptables.

Visual77
02-04-2018, 10:00
Has the signature for NET_InitiateSteamConnection changed on l4d2 windows? If the extension loads without errors, would that be enough to assume that SteamSocketMgr is still being patched correctly?

I found the old signature in the engine.dll but I'm not sure whether that's still NET_InitiateSteamConnection or not.

6A 00 push 0 ; int
8D 95 34 FB FF FF lea edx, [ebp+var_4CC]
52 push edx ; int
50 push eax ; int
B9 E8 04 6B 10 mov ecx, offset dword_106B04E8
E8 6A F9 FF FF call sub_101C18C0

bebe9b
12-08-2019, 21:09
Hi,
Pls fix eror:
L 12/09/2019 - 03:54:24: [SM] Unable to load extension "dosprotect.ext": /home/csgo/addons/sourcemod/extensions/dosprotect.ext.2.csgo.so: undefined symbol: __dynamic_cast

Thx,

Navid_16
08-19-2020, 07:38
L 08/19/2020 - 11:33:31: [SM] Unable to load extension "dosprotect.ext": /home/container/csgo/addons/sourcemod/extensions/dosprotect.ext.2.csgo.so: undefined symbol: __dynamic_cast

any help?

DJPlaya
08-24-2020, 14:22
any help?

or this cool Program which is pretty well written> https://github.com/qRoC/SourceQueryCacheMono

cravenge
06-25-2022, 00:10
Made my own fork and decided to share it. Changes are listed below:+ Support for SM 1.8+ and other games such as CS:S, HL2:DM, DoD:S, Episode 1, Dark Messiah, TF2 and Nuclear Dawn
* Fixed 0 packet count and incorrect time for first-time attempts
+ Better response message whenever the command is usedGet it here (https://github.com/cravenge/DoS-Protect).

keygens
07-01-2022, 04:02
Made my own fork and decided to share it. Changes are listed below:+ Support for SM 1.8 and above and other games such as CS:S, DoD:S, Episode 1, Dark Messiah, TF2 and Nuclear Dawn
* Fixed 0 packet count and incorrect time for first-time attempts
+ Better response message whenever the command is usedGet it here (https://github.com/cravenge/DoS-Protect).

Nice, many thanks. But any plans for linux?

cravenge
07-01-2022, 17:02
Nice, many thanks. But any plans for linux?Both Linux and Windows binaries are available.

CryWolf
07-02-2022, 00:51
Both Linux and Windows binaries are available.

Releases
No releases published
???

cravenge
07-02-2022, 06:16
Releases
No releases published
???They're under the Actions tab.

keygens
07-02-2022, 09:05
Both Linux and Windows binaries are available.

What about gamedata?

cravenge
07-02-2022, 09:58
What about gamedata?Only L4D(2), Nuclear Dawn and CS:GO need it for now and it's already included in the archive once you download the proper one for your server's platform and SM version.

keygens
07-02-2022, 11:29
Only L4D(2), Nuclear Dawn and CS:GO need it for now and it's already included in the archive once you download the proper one for your server's platform and SM version.

Sorry, my question is not too corrected. Gamedata for linux will be added? I see only for windows.

cravenge
07-02-2022, 18:41
Sorry, my question is not too corrected. Gamedata for linux will be added? I see only for windows.Linux doesn't need one. The reason why is in one of the change logs in the original post.

DonProof
09-23-2022, 21:15
Could someone make a version of this extension for linux please

keygens
09-28-2022, 09:21
Could someone make a version of this extension for linux please

VladimirTk
10-01-2022, 09:18

In what version of sourcemod and metamod was it compiled?

JLmelenchon
10-31-2022, 07:30

Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Server crash

keygens
10-31-2022, 09:40
In what version of sourcemod and metamod was it compiled?

For sm 1.12.

Recompiled for sm 1.10 and 1.11. Try it. Not tested.

JLmelenchon
11-01-2022, 09:58
For sm 1.12.

Recompiled for sm 1.10 and 1.11. Try it. Not tested.

Still crashing my server (l4d2), i'm renting it not the owner of the machine by the way.

Segmentation fault (core dumped)

noto3
11-06-2022, 13:30
crashes l4d2 on startup

KadabraZz
05-19-2023, 20:00

Really nice to see this works on Linux, before it was just Windows and it didn't even work now everything is fine.
Tested on L4D1 latest version. Linux Ubuntu 16
https://youtu.be/4Hf15f0f714

HarryPotter
08-12-2023, 05:09
Really nice to see this works on Linux, before it was just Windows and it didn't even work now everything is fine.
Tested on L4D1 latest version. Linux Ubuntu 16
https://youtu.be/4Hf15f0f714

Wired, I install in l4d1 linux server, but crash here, Segmentation fault (core dumped)
Ubuntu 18.04.4 + sm 1.11

mrdiega
10-21-2023, 05:34
Is there a working version for csgo?

suptob
11-14-2023, 14:44

Would this work on Linux Debian SM 1.8 or 1.9? My server runs an older SM version due to some addons.

Axel0703
01-16-2024, 18:54
Please could you compile it for Version sourcemod 1.11.0.6913 or could you leave a mini tutorial on how to compile it myself. Thank you so much.

DonSebastian
04-05-2024, 15:27
Any updated version for L4D1?

CosmicD
04-08-2024, 17:24
it would be cool, because my l4d1 servers that I manage are a target too. and it gives a segmentation fault. i'm running on the latest stable sourcemod, 1.11 on gameservers (linux)