PDA

View Full Version : how can i find out functnion of virtual offs argements?

tjdgns9246
01-07-2012, 19:00
hello modders!

i have a question about virtual function.

now i have 3 kinds of virtual table, CCSPlayer, CCSGameRules and

CBaseCombatWeapon from IDA.

i get the picture little bit by searching the other threads.

but, i can't find out what the argments do in their virtual offset

for examble,

460 CCSPlayer::Blind(float,float,float)

i don't know what that 3 floats means and return.

i need your helps, modders.

thanks.

p.s it would be better if you teach me how to use virtual offset in detail, not by wiki

McFlurry
01-07-2012, 19:23
There's probably some info on what the parameters do in the server library you're looking at. If you can't find anything, take a shot and start doing some guessing. I attached a plugin that will attempt to create an sdkcall for CSSPlayer::Blind. I also included the gamedata. If what I wrote works, great :D, if not start changing the pass type for the parameters. You can test the sdkcall plugin with "sm_sdkblind 10.0 10.0 10.0" You have to be in game though.

tjdgns9246
01-07-2012, 19:33
There's probably some info on what the parameters do in the server library you're looking at. If you can't find anything, take a shot and start doing some guessing. I attached a plugin that will attempt to create an sdkcall for CSSPlayer::Blind. I also included the gamedata. If what I wrote works, great :D, if not start changing the pass type for the parameters. You can test the sdkcall plugin with "sm_sdkblind 10.0 10.0 10.0" You have to be in game though.

so, how can i find parameters information in server library?

and i still don't know how can i get their returns.

asherkin
01-07-2012, 21:18
If its not in the SDK, you aren't going to get much info about what the parameters do or the return type without learning ASM.

tjdgns9246
01-08-2012, 03:23
If its not in the SDK, you aren't going to get much info about what the parameters do or the return type without learning ASM.

hm, how can i find them which are in sdk?

and is there any tut for getting them if there aren't in sdk?

sorry for asking again and again

tjdgns9246
01-08-2012, 04:44

i have tested with your plugin.

at first when i typed !sdkblind 10.0 10.0 10.0, console showed me an error, array index out of bounds.

so i fixed it simply.

anyway, it didn't work at all even when i changed SDKPassMethod.

and i now i have another problem.

if some virtual functions numbers are overriding, how can i set them?

thanks