PDA

View Full Version : [L4D2] Anti Runner Teleport back to Saferoom

RavenDan29
11-20-2011, 10:28
Ive only seen two Plugins for Anti Rushing/Running neither do what im after.

I want it to trigger the Runner or rusher to be teleported back to the saferoom ideally back to the survivor group but that might not be possible idk as punishment for leaving the team behind. With a cvar to control the distance b4 the teleport punishment kicks in.

Please can someone point me to a plugin that does this or make one

Skyy
11-20-2011, 23:13
this is pretty simple, just calculate survivor map progression flow, grab where each survivor is, and if the survivor is too far ahead, have it teleport him to the position of one the other survivors. I can point you in the right direction if you are interested in writing it yourself.

Visual77
11-21-2011, 07:38
this will never be made because there will always be a bug with people that are too far ahead and too far behind. For instance,
a buddy gets incapped, and you're running back to save him while the others move forward, what happens? Your other friends will be teleported back.

I've had the possibilty to try two of these plugins before and it was just awfull how bugged they were.
Not to metion that a plugin like this one requires 2000 lines of code minimum.

RavenDan29
11-21-2011, 15:44
pitty then i geuss the only answer is full punishment ie kill the one rushing off, but that would be costly towards progression of gaining points :(

Making mods or maps i leave to the pros just cause i can make servers and uses mods doesnt mean i can make mods or maps.

asto
12-12-2011, 08:32
The teleport is bad method.

This would be the best method:

If a survivor goes 1500 units LESS than 8 seconds (continuously goes FORWARD) on the map, mark the rusher survivor with a personal ID. If other survivors also does it, also mark them. If there is at least one marked survivor, the antirush will become activated.

Activated antirus means change these cvars to higher value:
z_common_limit 60
z_hunter_limit 2
etc.

If a rusher survivor (marked survivor) goes 1500 units MORE than 8 seconds (continuously goes FORWARD) on the map or stand still for 8 seconds, unmark him. If all survivors are unmarked, the antirush will become deactivated.

Deactivated antirush means reset those cvars to default value.
z_common_limit 30
z_hunter_limit 1
etc.

SupermenCJ
09-19-2014, 11:48
My version Anti-Rush for L4D2.

Dr. Greg House
09-19-2014, 12:06
This seems insanely flawed.
Please use CODE-Tags BTW.

DeathChaos25
09-19-2014, 21:13
IIRC Sky's Ready Up! (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1890111) already has a customize-able module/sub-plugin that takes care of this, you should give it a try and see if it accomplishes what you want.

Sev
09-20-2014, 12:37
If you use Mr. Zero's Director Variables plugin, along with these cvars and dvars, to be put in your server.cfg.

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=245792

sm_silentcvar director_intensity_relax_allow_wanderers_thre shold 1.1
sm_silentcvar z_discard_min_range 500 // Default 1000
sm_silentcvar z_discard_range 1250 // Default 2500

sm_silentdvarbounds PreferredSpecialDirection upper 1 7
sm_silentdvarbounds PreferredSpecialDirection lower 1 7
sm_silentdvarbounds PreferredMobDirection upper 1 7
sm_silentdvarbounds PreferredMobDirection lower 1 7

This does a couple things.

1. The common will despawn and spawn near the front of the survivors if they are farther behind (the cvars)
2. Mob's will spawn in front of the survivors ALWAYS (value of 7 makes this possible) (the dvars)
3. Special Infected will ALWAYS spawn near the front of the survivors (again, value of 7) (the dvars)

So unless the survivor has 10 bile's in his back pocket, solo rushing is much harder as everything will ALWAYS come from the front and from the end saferoom if close by.