PDA

View Full Version : Quick support/help - Misc suggestions

devicenull
05-03-2004, 23:15
Don't post plugin requests here, use the Suggestions and Request's forum
If you need help on a specific piece of code, put in the topic what you need help with, for example "I need help with register_message" is better then "Help me!!!111one"
If its a plugin from the plugins forum, POST IN ITS THREAD... keep all it's support together
If your having trouble converting plugins, put Conversion: <plugin name> in the topic, so we can easily tell if it was released already
If you want to know how to do something, make sure you at least checked the include files, and if you don't understand, post either the include file name + line number, or the line and comment from the include file
The more specific the title, the better
We don't care if this is your Xth post, just get on with it

Having trouble with menu keys? Use these defines
#define MENU_KEY_1 (1<<0)
#define MENU_KEY_2 (1<<1)
#define MENU_KEY_3 (1<<2)
#define MENU_KEY_4 (1<<3)
#define MENU_KEY_5 (1<<4)
#define MENU_KEY_6 (1<<5)
#define MENU_KEY_7 (1<<6)
#define MENU_KEY_8 (1<<7)
#define MENU_KEY_9 (1<<8)
#define MENU_KEY_0 (1<<9)
Then use like key_one|key_two instead of (1<<0)|(1<<1).. Makes your code a lot more readable. These defines will be included in v0.2

QwertyAccess
05-04-2004, 03:46
well said 8)

RPRaiden
05-10-2004, 18:59
Great.

Peli
06-22-2004, 22:04
If you need help on a specific piece of code, put in the topic what you need help with, for example "I need help with register_message" is better then "Help me!!!111one"
That's very important if you want help faster , your topic name can sometimes be your question which is good , since you don't have to spend so much time giving details. Nice work Devicenull , I would just like to add another important thing. :
Use the search tool. :)

Votorx
02-03-2005, 18:52
*Bump*

This is an extremely useful thread and why it isn't stickied or atleast included with the help section is beyond me.

Rolnaaba
07-09-2006, 19:15
write_byte, write_short, write_long, ect. explaination needed please
I have been trying to understand how to use these, if someone could create a tutorial or explination on how to use these to create effect would be helpful. I understand they are used to send message to users but in Counter-Strike 1.6 they are also used to create effects, such as turning ur screen red when ur shot ect. and i would like to learn how to use them any help you could afford would be helpful thanks