PDA

View Full Version : Aimbot detection triggered by laggy client?

SaintK
08-11-2011, 12:22
Hi,

I just had our server detect an aimbot on a client. When I spectate him, he only appeared to be quite laggy. There was no sign of aimbotting whatsoever.

L 08/11/2011 - 18:00:23: Tigerblood (ID: STEAM_0:0:35252190 | IP: 86.142.105.239) is suspected of using an aimbot. (Detection #2) (Deviation: 60°)

Can I expect false positives to happen on laggy clients?

GoD-Tony
08-12-2011, 04:05
Do you know what the player's ping was at the time? If it's an accurate way to determine a player that's lagging, then maybe it can be accounted for in a future version.

SaintK
08-12-2011, 07:42
Do you know what the player's ping was at the time? If it's an accurate way to determine a player that's lagging, then maybe it can be accounted for in a future version.

Yes, his ping was around 40-50, the client just had a real shitty PC from the looks of it.

GrO
08-12-2011, 08:46
Yes, his ping was around 40-50, the client just had a real shitty PC from the looks of it.
So he probably had "graphic lags", but also players using WH/MultiHacks are lagging sometimes (I think it deppends on their machines too), as I know from my observations. Someone, who didn't lag before may lag, when running WH i.e.

I have a question too (don't want to start another thread):

Is SMAC able to detect AimBots triggered by a bind? I saw few cheaters using it, it's really hard to detect, cause he can shot i.e. 3 bullets in a normal way, then he presses a bind (crosshair acts weird for a second) and 4th shot is an instant headshot.

mjmfighter
08-17-2011, 13:45
Is SMAC able to detect AimBots triggered by a bind? I saw few cheaters using it, it's really hard to detect, cause he can shot i.e. 3 bullets in a normal way, then he presses a bind (crosshair acts weird for a second) and 4th shot is an instant headshot.

Its not going to be able to detect it. Most likely, it wasnt a game bind, but it was the aimbot program waiting for a certain key press before activating. smac wont be able to detect what other programs are listening for.

BartholomewPSkibbenheims
08-18-2011, 08:59
SMAC is the best option for the job, but unfortunately there are a lot of hacks these days that can get past it. Humanized and "Silent" aimbots get past it because they either don't snap to their target, don't snap long distances, or effectively hide the snap making it simply seem like the person's gun fired in accurately and hit a target their crosshair wasn't on. It is rather unfortunate but there are hacks these days that when setup right one can not watch and tell that a player has both aimbot and no spread.