PDA

View Full Version : Auto show MOTD on Map end

AeroAcrobat
08-01-2011, 04:23
[This is a request]

HI,

I'm looking for a solution to show MOTD to all Players at the end of a Map.
I was using search but with no results...

Powerlord
08-01-2011, 11:23
Given that it already shows at the start of a map, I'm not sure why you'd want to show it at the end: they'll see it after the map changes anyway.

AeroAcrobat
08-01-2011, 12:44
Given that it already shows at the start of a map, I'm not sure why you'd want to show it at the end: they'll see it after the map changes anyway.

yes, this is right!
But anyway I could really use this.
I would be very thankful for this :)

moxie2020
04-24-2012, 04:22

My best servers are 24/7 servers and it would be nice to show the motd on the round end so you don't have to do map changes just to show the MOTD...

I notice skial does this. Is there a plugin that already does this?

Unreal1
04-24-2012, 06:34
You need to hook the end round trigger to open an motd panel. It's pretty simple and I can do it when I have a pare moment. PM if you want to get it when I'm done.

Powerlord
04-24-2012, 15:41
You need to hook the end round trigger to open an motd panel. It's pretty simple and I can do it when I have a pare moment. PM if you want to get it when I'm done.
Why make them wait?

Here, even though I think it's a bad idea, here's code that shows the MOTD as soon as the bonus round time ends (or immediately for games not supporting bonus round time).

Of course, waiting for bonus round time also means that this essentially runs on round start...

Oh, forgot to mention, it hooks both round_end and teamplay_round_win so that it works on TF2... TF2 doesn't actually send the round_end event.

moxie2020
04-24-2012, 15:55
Why make them wait?

Here, even though I think it's a bad idea, here's code that shows the MOTD as soon as the bonus round time ends (or immediately for games not supporting bonus round time).

Of course, waiting for bonus round time also means that this essentially runs on round start...

Oh, forgot to mention, it hooks both round_end and teamplay_round_win so that it works on TF2... TF2 doesn't actually send the round_end event.

Thanks Powerlord. :mrgreen:
Is there a way to make it so it doesn't trigger in consecutive rounds? I think what would work better is a hook for round start ideally every third round.

Powerlord
04-24-2012, 16:13
Thanks Powerlord. :mrgreen:
Is there a way to make it so it doesn't trigger in consecutive rounds? I think what would work better is a hook for round start ideally every third round.

Yup, and here, I'll even create a cvar (remotd_rounds) that lets you modify it.

Edit: Side note, I'm at work, so I have no way of actually testing this.

moxie2020
04-24-2012, 18:58

Awesome. So happy. I will test and let you know.

moxie2020
04-29-2012, 20:59

Works great. Thanks again.

Jae
05-27-2012, 06:37
The plugin is working fine however not on left4dead2. anyone can create for l4d2 round at the end of a map before changing to next chapter.

Thanks

moxie2020
06-25-2012, 17:40

Is there a way to add a delay so that the motd starts 5 seconds into the beginning of the next round? I am having a bit of an issue when a mapchange and this plugin launch at the same time.