PDA

View Full Version : Stop adverts from showing

Teigen
07-26-2011, 17:25
Got yet another requirement, I have tried to find this here by searching, but the others who have requested it have asked for a plugin to stop the mod adverts it seems. foolish lol

I want a plugin that works like this:
1) It stops the adverts
2) I can choose what adverts not to show, like choosing what plugin to "stop" from adverting

The reason I want this, is to stop some plugins from spamming down the chatbox with stupid adverts.

I am not looking for a way to for example stop Bailopans Css DM advert. He have his right to credit, and this is usefull for others who seek the DM plugin (his link)

reason #2
I think it`s "messy" with advert with the default yellow text.

I use a custom made advert plugin, with a nice setup and look. I would rather write the advert there.

then it would look much more clean.

Thanks, I hope someone got some knowledge of this :D

now, have some :bacon!: :D

asherkin
07-26-2011, 18:24
Just edit the source code for the plugin and recompile it.

Teigen
07-26-2011, 19:29
I`m a noob when it comes to editing the sp. file

WHat program do i open with?

Snaggle
07-26-2011, 20:21
Any text editor really. I use Dreamweaver but that's just because I have it installed, you can simply use notepad.

Teigen
07-26-2011, 21:02
Ok, I opened the file(s) in notepad. Then just save? / how to i compile it?

thanks btw

Snaggle
07-26-2011, 22:12
Download a copy of Sourcemod for Windows and extract it to your desktop. Go to the Sourcemod\scripting folder and place your .SP file in there. Then drag and drop it on top of the compile.exe and it will compile it for you.

The compiled plugin will be in the "compiled" folder, naturally.

Drixevel
07-26-2011, 22:23
Download a copy of Sourcemod for Windows and extract it to your desktop. Go to the Sourcemod\scripting folder and place your .SP file in there. Then drag and drop it on top of the compile.exe and it will compile it for you.

The compiled plugin will be in the "compiled" folder, naturally.

How i have my compiler setup is i have a "Scripts" folder with the entire scripting folder there with includes and what not. You can also compile all of the plugins just by clicking the compiler program instead of drag and dropping. :P

Teigen
07-27-2011, 14:32
"fatal error 120 cannot read from file sourcemod"

Happens on every sp i try (any what plugin i try to compile)

Both spcomp.exe and compile.exe in the same folder.

Snaggle
07-27-2011, 15:37
Try adding this file to the includes folder and see if that works.

Teigen
07-30-2011, 14:23
Thanks a lot!