PDA

View Full Version : Anyone can write single modules from the SMAC

blue zebra
07-22-2011, 08:23
Hi my problem is:

- I have a very good protection plugins (DAF, rcon_lock, antireconnect, name crash protection, etc.) and i don't want to change these plugins. Theses works good from long time.

- I only need the working:

* eye angle,
* aimbot,
* speedhack
* spinhack modules

from the SMAC in one or four sigle sm plugins.

This is possible? Or anyone can write tehese plugins?

The SMAC dont work for me. I see in the sm plugins list, and he write the roundstart message (This server is protected with SMAC anti-cheat), but never not do nothing. Socket extension installed. metamod, and sourcemod too. Last stable versions. Linux based, legit server. No error messages, and the SMAC never not do log files. I dont understand this, but i am tired to search, what is the problem. I see many servers with the good SMAC, so maybe this is only my problem. Sorry for my english.

BartholomewPSkibbenheims
07-22-2011, 09:10
Well SMAC, literally, will do nothing and log nothing until someone comes in doing something it detect. It sounds to me like it is working but it just has not had anyone violate anything it detects. One thing to note that while SMAC is the best anti-cheat plugin, it is not 100%. I haven't had it flag anyone inaccurately, however I have had it miss people running hacks that were obvious to the eye but didn't follow the specific behaviours SMAC looks for. Aimbots setup not to snap and more to actually turn to their target fast wont be detected. Some of the less shakey no recoils don't get detected. Walls don't get detected, but can be blocked. Basically SMAC doesn't detect hacks running on peoples system it looks for behaviours that are common to hacks. Hope this explaination helps.

blue zebra
07-22-2011, 11:17
Ok.
Thanks.
I dont say, the SMAC is not good. I say, this is dont works for me. (and some function are unnecessary for the most servers >>> rcon protect, name protect, mouse sensitivity check, etc. <<<
An example:

-
smac_client_antirejoin "1"
smac_client_antispamconnect "30"

Of corse in their own smac.cfg
Nothing to do. I reconnect and spawn 5x in 30 minutes, and the plugin does nothing.

Please someone do independent sm plugin or plugins from these modules.
Br.

BartholomewPSkibbenheims
07-22-2011, 11:57
smac_client_antirejoin "1"
smac_client_antispamconnect "30"

Of corse in their own smac.cfg
Nothing to do. I reconnect and spawn 5x in 30 minutes, and the plugin does nothing.

Well, I think smac_client_antispamconnect "30" should stop people from connecting multiple times in 30 seconds not minutes. If you want 30 minutes set it at "1800" but 30 minutes seems extremely long and would likely block a lot of legitimate players who leave for 5 minutes to go get a drink or something and then come back.

blue zebra
07-23-2011, 02:16
Thanks.
I was tested the SMAC on my test server with one cheat, and the SMAC realy awaked. :D
If i run SMAC on my severs, the rcon_lock are unnecessary?
I think the SMAC and the rcon_lock have same functions. Or this is not problem?
Br.

* EDIT *
This plugin is great. But i dont need all module from this, because this do too high processor usage for me. My 40 slots server are are on a weak server machine. Who can run one server with 40 slots, + metamod, +sourcemod, + DAF. 42 little sm scripts. No problem. But when i install the socket extension, and the KAC / SMAC, my server do lags. On the round start the tick fall off to tick 5-6-7. :(
So i please some coder, to do some independent sourcemod plugins from theses:

- Spinhack module
- Aimbot module
- Eye angle module.

Thanks in advance and sorry for my poor english.