PDA

View Full Version : Remember the frags

Johnny got his gun
05-01-2004, 11:39
Frags and deaths count will be remembered by server when you log off/map changes/server shuts down. Next time you log on your frags and deaths count will be like they were when you left.
With a cvar you can have the stats reset after a specific amount of seconds and when a new map loads - this way you can prevent "reconnectors" since their frags + deaths will remain unchanged for the specified time, or until a new map loads.

knocker
05-15-2004, 08:53
is there a possibility to choose on which events and how long the frags/deaths are stored?

id like to use it to punish reconnecters who reconnect to hide their bad scores. its really annoying nowadays ...
so the plugin shouldnt store their score on mapchange but just for 15 minutes after a players disconnects. so if he just reconnects he has his old score again but didnt gain anything ...

Johnny got his gun
05-15-2004, 09:27
Well maybe that could be fixed just by emptying the saved stats when a new map loads? Would be easy.

kingpin
05-16-2004, 16:26
umm Johny someone asked If I can combine this with another plugin that I was working on that stops them from reconnecting within a certain time.. I dunno what your take on it is so im asking here. If you agree the plugin will have your name in the register too. and ofcourse in the thread also? thanx

EDIT- here's the URL :http://130.215.27.179/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2164

Johnny got his gun
05-17-2004, 06:50
That someone would be "knocker" who posted above, and I've already fixed that for this plugin.

So with this new version, set rememberthefrags_resetonnewmap to 1 and when a new map loads the vault where the stats are saved, will be emptied.

Johnny got his gun
05-17-2004, 07:35
Ok I already made the next update. The cvar changed into "rememberthefrags_resetseconds".

Set it to 0 and stats will be remembered forever.
Set it to 600 and users' stats will be reset upon new map, or if the map is still running, after 600 seconds from the time they left your server.
Set it to -1 and users' stats will be reset upon new map without being reset as long as original map is running.

knocker
05-17-2004, 12:54
yes, it was my request ... his plugin had the concept to give reconnecters no advantage, but the point of keeping the stats was missing ;)

FeliX
05-17-2004, 14:18
What a cool idea, putting it one of our servers right away ;)

knocker
05-18-2004, 12:17
i tested your plugin this morning, but somehow it isnt working correctly. it seems it doesnt write the stats to the vault. plugin is running and resets the vault data at mapchange but vault.ini is always empty ...

kingpin
05-18-2004, 12:19
is your vault writeable? as in chmoded to 777. just an idea.

knocker
05-18-2004, 16:06
yeah, i changed /configs to 777 ... weaponarena is already present in there.

FeliX
05-25-2004, 17:58
The plugin doesnt seem to work for me, and as far as i can see i have no vault.ini to chmod... Should i create it manual, and if, where ?

Thanks.

Johnny got his gun
05-26-2004, 03:40
You shouldn't do anything but install the plugin, and maybe configure the cvar. Vault is handled by plugin/amx mod x.
Tested with cs 1.6 steam.

FeliX
05-26-2004, 11:11
I've got the following set:

rememberthefrags_resetseconds 0

Shouldnt that do the trick ?

Johnny got his gun
06-26-2004, 19:00
With 0 frags + deaths should be there until you manually remove vault.ini...

FeliX
06-28-2004, 14:20
They are never being saved - is there any recommended way to debug my problem ?

haderlump
07-10-2004, 07:30
this would be great for a 1 map server

set to -1

someone do it - a king_of_dust2 server

knocker
07-20-2004, 11:24
sorry johnny, but your plugin doesnt want to work properly. there is no error message etc, but the stats are never saved. "amxx plugins" says its running. vault.ini is @ chmod777 and already in use by weaponarena-plugin. so i really dont know what else could be done :?

Johnny got his gun
07-20-2004, 12:14
Could be a linux issue with amxx and file natives then.
You will have to debug on your own cause I don't run linux. :-\

MstrFrk1
08-23-2004, 00:30
im just putting it out there that you're a jacka** for making other people debug your errors, and not having linux isn't an excuse :roll: :!:

i will help, linux is 10 times easier that linux, i'm gonna debug this and make it WORK, but i'll be nice and give you partial credit

i'll have it debigged in a couple days :lol:

dont take offence and like get me banned from the forums :wink:

haderlump
08-23-2004, 02:51
linux is 10 times easier that linux, i'm gonna debug this and make it WORK

i'll have it debigged in a couple days

no you are the jackhole
get a job and a life
keep the credit for whatever you do because you cant even spell, let alone code

if you want to do anything useful, code something in small-assembly and then show it to your mom

ron

ps- glad to know that linux is easier than linux

MstrFrk1
08-23-2004, 13:14
shut the hell up, you know what i meant and i was already busy with a bunch of cfg files that needed to be edited so there wouldnt be 30 different messages coming up on my server every minute, linux is easier than windows, windows has 800 megabytes of bullshit that isnt even needed.

You're telling me to get a life when all u can do is try to tell people off on a forum? i bet you're the ignorant little bitch that sits by himslef at lunch because everyone hates him, damn you're pathetic

FeliX
08-23-2004, 14:11
I wont disagree on your opinion, MstrFrk1, but you should express your self in another and more acceptable way.

- and your reply, haderlump, wasn't much better.

MstrFrk1
08-23-2004, 15:34
alright man :roll: i'll be gooood

Johnny got his gun
08-24-2004, 12:28
im just putting it out there that you're a jacka** for making other people debug your errors, and not having linux isn't an excuse :roll: :!:

i will help, linux is 10 times easier that linux, i'm gonna debug this and make it WORK, but i'll be nice and give you partial credit

i'll have it debigged in a couple days :lol:

dont take offence and like get me banned from the forums :wink:

Sure just send me a linux box and Ill happily make sure every one of my plugins works just as good as on Win boxes.

MstrFrk1
08-24-2004, 15:59
sorry johny but really, linux file systems are easier to understand, you could prolly find a quick tutorial online about the error you have or ask one of the other developers who have successfully developed in linux multiple times . . .

just a suggestion :roll: