PDA

View Full Version : Can someone compile this for me? ;_;

Twilight Suzuka
07-19-2005, 15:29
Right-o. I run linux, but I can't compile for it, so I simply run my server in WINE. Unfortunately, I just purchased a server that runs exclusively in linux, and thus I need a few things recompiled for linux.

Also unfortunately, I have no idea how to compile for Linux. I spent about three days trying, but GCC hates me.

If someone out there who's willing to compile a few modules and projects into Linux for me, please PM me. I'll reward you somehow.

BAILOPAN
07-19-2005, 15:40
Sorry this is OT...

Are you still around here? I still have changes from you I haven't merged in :) I need to know whether they're still applicable and if you'd like to see them in.

If they're AMXX related I can probably compile them for you ;]

Twilight Suzuka
07-19-2005, 15:46
Alright, now we are getting somewhere.
I needed a new version of ArrayX and my new TSX module compiled, though I doubt my threading module will work on linux.

If I send em to you through a PM, with the appropriate library's, could you compile em for me?

I've been busy with some other things as of late, such as making AMXx bots, RP plugins, Thread module, planning a wedding, getting a house, somehow still paying for rent, etc etc.

Also, PM me about some of that crap, I'll check em ^^

Bloody hell this world goes by fast...

Oh, and OT:
How the hell do I have more karma then you?
You really replied a little too fast to this thread.

DahVid
07-19-2005, 15:51
Each plugin you have released, well the rating of it, goes to your karma.

BAILOPAN
07-19-2005, 15:56
Threading, see this:
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=15349

Because of this, I'm very suspicious of mthread stuff and would rather not be supporting it :)

I'll compile ArrayX and TSX, and I'd appreciate if you could test TSX before the upcoming release, you're the only one who knows about the new natives really. I have to merge the TSX changes in first though.

You have more karma because I've only posted one plugin :)

Last note: see the module API notice in this forum. Right now I'm only gonna be compiling modules for AMXX 1.1, because the internal module API has changed. The release will be _very soon, but if you need these before then, I can give you test binaries.

Twilight Suzuka
07-19-2005, 16:01
Its not a MT module. Its a T module. Lets you set up a mutex and que of functions, and thread them outside of AMXx to improve speed.

I'll send ArrayX, it requires the Judy library which I'll send as well. The newest TSX module, which will make TS servers NOT suck when running AMXx, should be done by the end of tongith, provided I don't run out of caffiene.

I'll be able to wait, as long as its DAYS away not WEEKS.

BAILOPAN
07-19-2005, 16:08
Just let me know when you have the TSX stuff done and what's changed.
The release will probably be this week, there is a very large Small update coming from Thiadmer we are waiting on right now.

Threading is the same thing as multithreading. If you're calling amx_Exec() at a time when amx_Exec might already be in progress, it's bad. Without modification of the core, this is a disaster waiting to happen, don't do it ;]

What is safe is executing a given function that does not look backwards and does not require a callback. For example:
dbimt_query(<>) which would put a query in a thread, then forget about the results.

In theory, I could also add a module API function for letting you "inject" callbacks into the main thread. This would let you do the real work in a separate thread, then tell the main thread to queue it up for execution when it's safe.

But not for 1.1 I think ;]

Twilight Suzuka
07-19-2005, 16:10
I'll pipe a changelog over ASAP.