PDA

View Full Version : [INCOMPLETE] OBV_CHax

Wazz
01-24-2011, 08:56
zomg haxxxxx

This project was one that I was working on many moons ago, I now don't really have the time to finish it so I'm posting what I have done here in case someone wishes to use and perhaps take bits from it to be used in a public release of something.

The shitty project name is because this was mainly something I worked on to learn how to do a variety of things and to experiment; meaning that the code structure is all very shit. All of this was built on windows for windows but that doesn't mean Linux compatibility can't be added.

In this project there is:

A working version of my own version of CDetour mainly for practicing purposes.

There is a very unfinished version of a project call CInject of which the logic it contains in completely wrong, I have spent many hours in dull meetings thinking about this but I have never got round to implementing any of my thoughts. The idea behind CInject was to be of similar nature to CDetour but allow jumps at any point within a function allowing you to access the state of current variables within the scope of that function and/or change parts of the logic in the function.

The biggest thing in this project is the RTTI stuff found in the MemUtils folder. An overview of what this can do (not all implemented) is:

Calculate a virtual offset from a signature and thus...
Calculate a signature from an offset
Provide class information such as class vtable addresses and inheritance
Attempt to identify the class name of a given pointer

Have fun

:3 :3 :3 :3 :3

Project: http://hg.paulclothier.com/OBV_CHax/

KyleS
01-24-2011, 10:37
Too cool! I'm assuming this will not get symbol names on linux?

Wazz
01-24-2011, 11:05
Nope, there currently is nothing coded specifically for linux

ProdigySim
01-24-2011, 13:20
I'm intrigued. Nice work! I know there's been times I've really wanted something like this.