PDA

View Full Version : Have to wait?

ItalianIce
03-08-2004, 19:48
We have to wait until you release the vexd, xtrafun, and other modules?, and cant really compile plugins to be compatible with amxx yet that uses those

MagicShot
03-08-2004, 19:58
We have to wait until you release the vexd, xtrafun, and other modules?, and cant really compile plugins to be compatible with amxx yet that uses those

Haven't Tested personally yet.. but Vexed, Xtra fun and a bunch of module are already included in the package.. Correct me if I am wrong Devs.. but It should be fine..?

Thanx...

ItalianIce
03-08-2004, 20:02
no they aren't included in this version

MagicShot
03-08-2004, 20:06
no they aren't included in this version

Did you check the documentation..

Vexd I believe in hardcoded along with Xtrafun... At least from what I read already..

I will be doing testing when I get home form work @ modnight central US time...

More Input on modules and Plugin compatibility then..

Hope I Can help ya out after I test..

ItalianIce
03-08-2004, 20:08
well its not in it...

MagicShot
03-08-2004, 20:13
well its not in it...

I Will Make Sure I Verify that tonight.. On top priority...

Look for a reponces sometime around 1am central time us..

ItalianIce
03-08-2004, 20:15
well ill be getting some sleep then, but only modules in it now are cs, fun, cs_stats, engine, and mysql.

xeroblood
03-08-2004, 20:24
well ill be getting some sleep then, but only modules in it now are cs, fun, cs_stats, engine, and mysql.

Most of VexD is now built in, and there is a Vexd_Utilities include file for backward compatiblity, as for xtrafun, it will be built-into amxx as far as I know, but it isn't yet.. so you will have to wait for that..

MagicShot
03-08-2004, 20:24

Thanx ItalianIce for the Info...

See You soon...

xeroblood
03-08-2004, 20:27
This has been a highly debated issue amongst the AMX Mod X developers.

Basically, we know that we need to keep basic backwards compatibility in order to provide an initial decent replacement for AMX Mod.

Plugins that use the default AMX Mod modules will be fully backwards compatible.

Plugins that use the following modules will be fully backward compatible:
Quote:

Fun
VexD*
Xtrafun*
MySQL
CSstats

VexD has been replaced with ENGINE.
Xtrafun has been merged into Fun and ENGINE.

We will be including basic stocks (include files) so that the old #include lines are compatible with AMX Mod X to make cross compiling easier.

MagicShot
03-08-2004, 20:37
Yeah Thats what I was thinkg but I hear more than two people say they are having problem compile older plugins..

ItalianIce
03-08-2004, 20:50
ya having trouble compiling... some talk about web compilier or seomthing?

xeroblood
03-08-2004, 20:56
ya having trouble compiling... some talk about web compilier or seomthing?

I'm pretty sure the web-compiler (if used) is intended for compiling Released Plugins, where the author posts the .sma file in the "Released Plugins" section, and then other people can download from the Main Plugins page the "web-compiled" version, so they can install easily..

ItalianIce
03-08-2004, 21:08
well always errors for compiling plugins from the amx before this

MagicShot
03-08-2004, 21:29
well always errors for compiling plugins from the amx before this

I rearely got errors in 9.7 unless I mess something up when I worte the plugin.. like for getting to make a var or messed up on my indents witch didnt happen too much.. normally I make too many var thinking I am gonna need it all and don't. I try to cut back where ever I can to avoid if possible to make it too long... :roll:

my 2 cents...

09-03-2009, 07:10
:D

xPaw
09-03-2009, 12:52
:D

Youre not awesome after bumping 5 years old thread.

crazyeffect
09-03-2009, 12:53
Lol'd