PDA

View Full Version : KAC CVAR in start commands

DKLeader
06-02-2010, 09:55
Hi,

I have installed KAC and am very impressed, but wanted to have kac_rcon_crashprevent enabled all the time. Did from console with kac_rcon_crashprevent 1 and it came on as it should.
But if I put in the commandline +kac_rcon_crashprevent 1 it does not work. Tried with +kac_eyes_antiwall 1 and that worked well.

Any ideas to why crashprevent cant be used from start commandline.

Servers running linux debian lenny.
Game is CSS
KAC installed : 1.2.0

//DKLeader

thetwistedpanda
06-02-2010, 11:55
You shouldn't really need to put it in the command line. Put the KAC cvars you want to load in a file called kac_config.cfg and then place this cfg file in your /cstrike/cfg folder. You can +exec kac_config.cfg in your command line if you wish, or simply add it to server.cfg. This will ensure it's executed every map.

Kigen
06-02-2010, 12:23
The reason crash prevention CVars cannot be used from the start line is that KAC hasn't loaded when the start command line is executed. KAC loads after along with SourceMod. I suggest adding your CVar commands to server.cfg.

DKLeader
06-02-2010, 14:39
I am not sure if then understand the "way" things work in the command line. When I use +exec server.cfg it executes the cfg file and go through that. But isnt anything in the command line after that executed after that. See my ex below. Because what is wierd is that +kac_eyes_antiwall does work in the command.

-console +ip $IP +port $PORT -game $GAMETYPE +map $STARTMAP +maxplayers $MAXPLAYERS +exec $SERVERCONFIG +bot_add +bot_quota $bot_quota -tickrate $tickrate +kac_eyes_antiwall $kac_eyes_antiwall

Kigen
06-02-2010, 15:12
As I said, KAC isn't loaded yet! KAC loads AFTER the server is started, not while.

This means that adding KAC CVars to the command line is useless. You should add KAC CVars to server.cfg because server.cfg gets executed on the map start (which is after the server loads).