PDA

View Full Version : [TF2] TFDodgeball

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

asherkin
05-16-2010, 09:33
It has been a long time since TFDodgeball was updated, and it doesn't currently work correctly.

If you have the requisite technical expertise, I'm taking patches.

"Pardon my French but... GET THIS ROCKET AWAY FROM ME!!" - xomp

You can join #tf2items @ irc.gamesurge.net (http://webchat.gamesurge.net/?channels=tf2items) if you need any help with the plugin, I'm active there most of the time.

Download & Source
Download Install Package (Linux & Windows) (http://hg.limetech.org/projects/tf_dodgeball/tf_dodgeball_release/archive/tip.zip)

Browse Source (Plugin source code is here) (http://hg.limetech.org/projects/tf_dodgeball/tf_dodgeball_source/)
Checkout Source:
hg clone http://hg.limetech.org/projects/tf_dodgeball/tf_dodgeball_source/ tf_dodgeballOther Requirements

SDK Hooks (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=106748).

I advise fully restarting the server after installing (to get everything loaded properly), but the plugin is not required to be running 24/7.
The plugin will error out and be temporarily disabled (until the next mapchange) if active on a unsupported map.

You can grab the maps I have so far from here (http://hg.limetech.org/projects/tf_dodgeball/tf_dodgeball_maps/archive/tip.zip). (This is a tiny, tiny subset. There are a large number of maps spread throughout this thread.)
If you want to make a map, have a look at the entity setup in here (http://hg.limetech.org/projects/tf_dodgeball/tf_dodgeball_source/raw-file/tip/mapsrc/db_arcane_large_v1.vmf).
Ripping off other peoples work is not acceptable. Create your map from scratch or get written permission from the original author, this includes the default TF2 maps.

Commands

sm_dodgeball_rocket <team> - Fires a rocket from the specified teams next launcher, team can be either 2 (red) or 3 (blue).
sm_dodgeball_headrocket - Fires a rocket from your eyes, what more is there to be said.
sm_dodgeball_rocket_nuke <team> - Fires a nuke from the specified teams next launcher, team can be either 2 (red) or 3 (blue).
sm_dodgeball_headrocket_nuke - Fires a nuke from your eyes, what more is there to be said.

ConVars

sm_dodgeball_enabled = 1 - Guess. Use this instead of (un)loading on the fly.
sm_dodgeball_check_map = 0 - Check if running on a tfdb_ map (disabled by default as it'll always reset sm_dodgeball_enabled to 1 on a mapchange).
sm_dodgeball_force_class = 1 - Force players to select the Pyro class.
sm_dodgeball_force_loadout = 2 - Force players to have a loadout sutible for dodgeball, 0 = Do nothing, 1 = Just modify flamethrowers, leave other weapons.
sm_dodgeball_deflect_players = 1 - Allow players to airblast other players.
sm_dodgeball_deflect_players_damage = 0.0 - Set to a positive value to hurt a player when they airblast other players.

sm_dodgeball_spawninterval = 1.0 - Timer interval the each rocket is spawned on.
sm_dodgeball_autojoin = 1 - Whether or not players should be auto-assigned to a team on join.
sm_dodgeball_criticals = 1 - Enables or disables whether the rockets spawn as criticals. Having this off, the rockets will be mini-crits after a reflect but have no team colour. Nukes are never critical.
sm_dodgeball_weaponparticle = 0 - Particle to apply using attribute 134. 0 (disabled) or 3 are the only decent choices. Requires a reconnect to take affect.
sm_dodgeball_block_point_servercommand = 1 - Block point_servercommand entities from changing TFDodgeball settings.

sm_dodgeball_nuke_targetbeep = 1 - When a nuke locks onto a target, a sound is played to the new target if this is set.
sm_dodgeball_nuke_glow = 1 - Makes nukes have the intel/cart glow on them.
sm_dodgeball_nuke_chance = 0.01 - Chance that a rocket being spawned will be a nuke.
sm_dodgeball_nuke_radius = 500.0 - Damage radius for nukes, regular rockets are 146.

sm_dodgeball_dissolve_weapons = 1 - Dissolves weapons on death (as they are useless due to regenerating ammo), looks quite cool.
sm_dodgeball_dissolve_players = 0 - Dissolves players on death, ruins the whole exploding rockets thing. Nukes always dissolve players.
sm_dodgeball_dissolve_delay = 1.0 - Delay before dissolving.

sm_dodgeball_basedamage = 15.0 - Specifies the 'base' damage rockets are spawned with, the standard TF2 calculations happen based on this value, the default allows 3-4 hits before dying.
sm_dodgeball_maxrockets = 10 - Max number of rockets to have spawned at once, 0 disables. The spawning commands above can screw this up.
sm_dodgeball_speedmul = 0.5 - Value that the base rocket speed (1100) is multiplied by.
sm_dodgeball_reflectinc = 0.02 - Percentage(ish) the rocket speed is increased per-airblast.
sm_dodgeball_turnrate = 0.25 - Amount that the rockets can turn each frame.

sm_dodgeball_basedamage_nuke = 500.0 - Specifies the amount of damage nukes do, this isn't the same as regular rockets as nukes are not critical.
sm_dodgeball_maxrockets_nuke = 1 - Max number of nukes to have spawned at once, 0 disables. The spawning commands above can screw this up. If a nuke is going to spawn and this limit is reached, a regular rocket is spawned in it's place (if the rocket count is also below sm_dodgeball_maxrockets).
sm_dodgeball_speedmul_nuke = 0.2 - Value that the base rocket speed (1100) is multiplied by.
sm_dodgeball_reflectinc_nuke = 0.02 - Percentage(ish) the nuke speed is increased per-airblast.
sm_dodgeball_turnrate_nuke = 0.1 - Amount that the nukes can turn each frame.

Atributions & Thanks

Predcrab - Creating the CEntity framework (http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=87500) and Sidewinder (http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=86817), which was extended to make the version used here.
Tsunami & Psychonic - Creating SDK Hooks (http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=106748).
Voogru - Helped fix major issue in TFDodgeball to do with rocket damage.
Damizean - Improved the tracking code for the rockets.

asherkin
05-16-2010, 09:34
<Reserving second post>

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6938670/stompfest.jpg (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CYuP1GyIEQ)

Awesome little video of TFDB in action provided by StompFest. Join their dodgeball server by clicking here (steam://connect/69.90.119.174:27015).

bouncer
05-16-2010, 10:48
Sweet! Just wondering, didn't valve's update mess up the dodgeball game or something?

Afronanny
05-16-2010, 10:50
Very nice work.

Dragonshadow
05-16-2010, 11:08
dodgeball?

Dodgeball?!

DODGEBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALL!

psychonic
05-16-2010, 12:59
Sweet! Just wondering, didn't valve's update mess up the dodgeball game or something?

It didn't mess it up at all. Voogru just preferred to give players backburners with added airblast instead of giving them flamethrowers. The backburners he used turned invisible after the update.

Thrawn2
05-16-2010, 13:44
nice work.
is it possible to add the "rocket spawning entity" to any usual map via sourcemod plugin? or via stripper? adding a respawn-system could make usual maps db'able.

PMAvers
05-16-2010, 13:48
This might actually be more of a tf2items problem, but I've uploaded everything correctly, and getting this error.

[03] file "tf2items.ext.2.ep2v.so": vstdlib_i486.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

And yet, if I do a sm exts load tf2items, it tells me that it loads successfully... which is a lie.

And since it's not loading, the dodge-ball plug-ins aren't loading either.

asherkin
05-16-2010, 13:51
Thrawn;1182258']nice work.
is it possible to add the "rocket spawning entity" to any usual map via sourcemod plugin? or via stripper? adding a respawn-system could make usual maps db'able.
Stripper:Source will do it perfectly, it's just 2 info_targets with the above target names. the rockets fire from their position using their angles as an initial guide.

This might actually be more of a tf2items problem, but I've uploaded everything correctly, and getting this error.

[03] file "tf2items.ext.2.ep2v.so": vstdlib_i486.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

And yet, if I do a sm exts load tf2items, it tells me that it loads successfully... which is a lie.

And since it's not loading, the dodge-ball plug-ins aren't loading either.

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showpost.php?p=1168146&postcount=228

Thrawn2
05-16-2010, 13:51
update your sourcemod to 1.4

asherkin
05-16-2010, 14:01
This was meant to be above my previous post, hit preview instead of submit by accident :bacon:.

dodgeball?

Dodgeball?!

DODGEBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALL!
In Allied Forums Balls Dodge You.

It didn't mess it up at all. Voogru just preferred to give players backburners with added airblast instead of giving them flamethrowers. The backburners he used turned invisible after the update.
Yes, this plugin forces the attributes to be the same for both the Backburner and Flamethrower (so they work identically) but does not force a specific one on you.

And now, some info for mappers:
I see two essential ones, the two info_target for rocket_spawn_blue and rocket_spawn_red
Yes, these are the only 2 that are required.

But I also see other entities sentryrocket_filter, projectile_filter. I haven't look at the map in game, but I am guessing it's some sort of invisible wall for blocking the rockets? Which doesn't make much sense.
The spawn room is open to the map, as I found with doors people ran back under cover, and with it totally exposed, you can die before being ready to play. I have a trigger_multiple to kill the rockets in case they enter the spawn (what the filters are for) and a trigger_push to prevent people from camping just inside the barrier and ABing the rockets.

I also remember in voogru's version the map had to be an arena map to trigger the start of dodgeball. Is this the case for this particular version or we don't have to define it as arena?
No, you could literally play CP / CTF / KotH at the same time (not sure on arena), KotH could actually be really interesting.
The rockets start after Setup time and end at map change / beginning of the next round.

PMAvers
05-16-2010, 14:30
Thrawn;1182271']update your sourcemod to 1.4

Thrawn is credit to team. (That got it.)

Drixevel
05-16-2010, 23:44
downloading definately.

crazy-tony
05-16-2010, 23:47
Many thanks for posting this .. i also have a server running this mod ..problems i have found so far is when you increase base damage console will start to either slay ,burn player or make player taunt and so on .. apart from that its working fine ..

We have some mappers working on maps already ..many thanks !!

aRcTiC
05-16-2010, 23:49
thks and what does sm_dodgeball_reflectinc change?

alinayg
05-16-2010, 23:57
Awesomeeee I'll be working on a simple map.

asherkin
05-17-2010, 03:03
when you increase base damage console will start to either slay ,burn player or make player taunt and so on .. apart from that its working fine ..
Could you send me some server logs along with a plugin list, it must be an incompatibility somewhere.

thks and what does sm_dodgeball_reflectinc change?
The percentage (sort of) speed increase on the rockets after each airblast.

alinayg
05-17-2010, 03:59
Works well on Windows SM 1.3.2 MM 1.8.1.

Suggestions:

Make it so that pyros air blast is 0 ammo. I know that you can make it cost 1 with a hidden cvar but hey /shrugs

Disable respawn so rounds finish.

Rockets shouldn't spawn unless there are two player's on the server.

that's all I can think of atm...

Also Simple working map I made to test, you can add it to your list if you want.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1334246/tf2/dbtrianglea1pic.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1334246/tf2/db_triangle_a1.bsp.bz2

asherkin
05-17-2010, 06:08
Make it so that pyros air blast is 0 ammo. I know that you can make it cost 1 with a hidden cvar but hey /shrugs

I try to avoid ever changing the game's cvars, I believe that the refilling ammo is a better solution. I may add a cvar to change the rate aswell, so that you can cause people that spam airblast to run out of ammo.

Have you tried on an arena map? It should work, the events used may need changing though.

Rockets shouldn't spawn unless there are two player's on the server.
I actually tested it all in the beginning only with myself just airblasting the rockets back. It was still very fun :P.

Also Simple working map I made to test, you can add it to your list if you want.

Looks cool.

Thrawn2
05-17-2010, 06:14
i think this should be handled in an external plugin. Some people want to use this plugin for koth maps, disabling respawn would break normal gamemodes ;)

kinda offtopic: shouldnt it be possible to turn any normal map into an arena map by adding a corresponding logic entity? if so, then a new plugin should be created which then could be combined with dodgeball, resulting in a no-respawn dodgeball.

alinayg
05-17-2010, 06:58
Thrawn;1182985']i think this should be handled in an external plugin. Some people want to use this plugin for koth maps, disabling respawn would break normal gamemodes ;)

kinda offtopic: shouldnt it be possible to turn any normal map into an arena map by adding a corresponding logic entity? if so, then a new plugin should be created which then could be combined with dodgeball, resulting in a no-respawn dodgeball.

I'll test out the arena theory tomorrow when i wake up lol.

Haven't looked around for one that does this though, don't know if it exists... yet, might not even need it if the arena logic entity thing works.

Edit: Updated map

Made triangles bigger
Moved infospawn back
Added a few lights

http://www.lostbrotherhood.com/orangebox/tf/maps/db_triangle_a2.bsp.bz2

flubber
05-17-2010, 08:16
Ok, i've just set up our server (momomodus.fr:27100).
Got a bug :
- I was the only one with only 200 as ammo, when i removed myself from admin list i got 800.

asherkin
05-17-2010, 08:23
I was the only one with only 200 as ammo, when i removed myself from admin list i got 800.
My only guess is that you are running one of the other tf2items plugins, only one can modify the same weapon at the same time.

flubber
05-17-2010, 08:35
Vanilla server, just installed it for dodgeball, i've install mm:s 1.81, sm 1.4, hooks last release, tf2items and dodgeball. I'm looking on the cfg right now.

Edit : Ok, found the problem a old txt that i import with the admins list.

Ashlook
05-17-2010, 09:30
Hmmmmm, got a problem, Hammer crash when I try to open your .vmf :'(.

crazy-tony
05-17-2010, 11:25
yes il give you the logs mate no probs ...pm me your email address please ..

Also id love it if you can keep the option to use say koth type of maps and also the option to spawn rockets with 1 player on ..

makes it easyer for map testing on your own and also less boring if your trying to get a server going ..

Maybe add a cvar for the rocket option ??

im willing to give any amount of suport for the mod including a server if needed !!

crazy-tony
05-17-2010, 11:27
Thrawn;1182985']i think this should be handled in an external plugin. Some people want to use this plugin for koth maps, disabling respawn would break normal gamemodes ;)

i also agree that it should possibly be handled by another plugin giving the option of diferent types of maps to be run ..

alinayg
05-17-2010, 16:00
So, after playing it for a little while, the game play needs some sort of point. Right now it's a endless death match of rockets. Some people might want that, who knows. I think it should be you die, you wait to spawn next round. This could be done by this mod because it only loads up on maps that have the correct entities in them so it shouldn't brake other game modes?

How rockets home in, right now they currently go for the closest target, and if that target gets to far back and there is another closer it changes to the closer one. That is alright but really doesn't let everyone in the game play if there a couple of people just standing at the ledge. I saw both teams just standing on front lines because they wanted to air blast stuff.

I think it should be changed so that once rockets spawn, they choose a target, and only home in to that target and don't change target unless the original target dies.

Could probably make some sort of sequence that it doesn't target someone who's just been targeted or just go down the player list and choose the next one every time a new rocket spawns.

Overall, pretty fun, you give a lot of options to change to create different styles of game play for dodge ball. Now, figuring out what is the best style is going to be the hard part!

Inflikted
05-17-2010, 16:59
maybe something like... Elimination Dodgeball. If you die from a reflection from another player you stay dead till they die.. then you respawn. If you die from a spawned dodgeball, I suppose it can go either way you stay dead.. or you respawn after a certain point.
The first team to eliminate the entire other team, wins.

aRcTiC
05-17-2010, 18:49
alinayg the reason it only homes in on the closet target and not lock on to the first one it spots is because its based off the sidewinder extension for the SG but im sure it can be edited to do what you want with maybe some added cvars to change it back and forth, though yea how about a neutral rocket being spawned in the center that randomly choose a target, but i bet ideas are kind of breaching what voogru implemented on his server already :?

OneMoreLevel
05-17-2010, 20:09
I feel so honored to be recognized for suggesting this plugin. It makes me feel warm and fuzzy XD

yellowblood
05-17-2010, 22:03
Great job guys. With a bit more work you can make this as good as voogru's and even better.

I converted my map to work with the new mod:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/o3dzo8

Try it out and tell me what you think about it.

Some requests:
- I would like to have the option of having a single launcher that shoots rockets for both teams randomly, rather than having two launcher at the same spot.

- Obviously it should be possible to control the direction of which you are reflecting the rocket, like in voogru's. Rockets should have limited turning angle, to give the right movement.

- An easy way (like custom Entity or something) to set the dodgeball settings when creating a map.

by the way, when I tested the map I actually used the tf_bots, and they reflected many of the rockets :D

again great job and thank you very very much!

voogru
05-18-2010, 09:46
Great job guys. With a bit more work you can make this as good as voogru's and even better.

Unpossible. :twisted: I'm just going to raise the bar. It took me 12 hours to make dodgeball and over a year for a clone to come out. :mrgreen:

asherkin
05-18-2010, 09:52
I converted my map to work with the new mod:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/o3dzo8

Try it out and tell me what you think about it.

Fun to play, could do with some lighting.
One major issue is the fact it uses point_servercommand to force the cvars to change, with this era of map config files this isn't really acceptable (and personally I'm not fond of the settings you did choose, and can't change that easily), not to mention it caries over to further maps.

I would like to have the option of having a single launcher that shoots rockets for both teams randomly, rather than having two launcher at the same spot.
I'll look into it. But may I ask, what's wrong with two on the same spot?

Obviously it should be possible to control the direction of which you are reflecting the rocket, like in voogru's. Rockets should have limited turning angle, to give the right movement.
If I ever work out the math to do it decently but without murdering the server's CPU, then yes, sure.

An easy way (like custom Entity or something) to set the dodgeball settings when creating a map.
Maybe once the new version of CEntity is finished.

As a closing note and a response to the "like voogru's" (and future posts):
This is not an exact clone of his dodgeball mod nor is it meant to be.
I hadn't heard of it before it was requested, and have played for about 5 mins on his server since then.
If a version of dodgeball that is identical to voogru's is what you want, pay him the monthly price for it.

yellowblood
05-18-2010, 10:31
well voogru, at least now you have a competition!

asherkin, I'm not an experienced map builder, in fact it's the first time I use this point_servercommand entity. I really think it's up to the map to decide these variables - some maps are meant for multi-rockets, some for single, I don't think it's bad to let the map decide.

I understand your comment about "like voogru's", but I believe some issues are important - like ballistic movement for the missiles, and picking the target randomly rather than pick the closest one. It will just lead to a better gameplay in my opinion. Besides that I'm not telling you "omgz plz add nukes" or "wtf i want to kill missiles with flares" :)

Having a single entity that shoots missiles for both teams just gives more flexibility and convenient for the map builders, it's not a must.

Thanks again, off to create more maps now :P

alinayg
05-18-2010, 10:41
Unpossible. :twisted: I'm just going to raise the bar. It took me 12 hours to make dodgeball and over a year for a clone to come out. :mrgreen:

We all know your a professional :P

But asherkin, if you could make this work with the current maps that are out there, you would have a ton more.

voogru
05-18-2010, 11:12
well voogru, at least now you have a competition!

Competition just forces me to one up you. Competition is a good thing. I told him how to make the rockets do damage and that's probably quite a critical thing to have, so you could argue perhaps I wanted this competition to get my butt in gear to add new things to dodgeball.

We all know your a professional :P

But asherkin, if you could make this work with the current maps that are out there, you would have a ton more.

Good luck with that, most of our maps have significant logic with the entities that would need to be handled properly, and some of the newer maps we have will have their entities encrypted which basically means all of the entity logic would have to be re-created from scratch.

Which isn't any fun ;)

alinayg
05-18-2010, 11:16
Good luck with that, most of our maps have significant logic with the entities that would need to be handled properly, and some of the newer maps we have will have their entities encrypted which basically means all of the entity logic would have to be re-created from scratch.

Which isn't any fun ;)

Oh... Well then, I didn't know it was that complicated since you make it in such a short time lol, sorry i doubted you master!

Oh well, guess we are going to have to make some awesome maps for the public to use.

voogru
05-18-2010, 11:33
Oh... Well then, I didn't know it was that complicated since you make it in such a short time lol, sorry i doubted you master!

Oh well, guess we are going to have to make some awesome maps for the public to use.

You're best off making your own maps, on the bright side I can't ninja your maps either without re-working them into my own system. Also I would prefer for our maps not to be used without permission from the map author.

yellowblood
05-18-2010, 11:42
Actually in our community (Israeli), now that we have a dodgeball server, players are begging for some blucourt action, but I'm not going to convert any maps without permissions - that's just wrong.

I did convert my own map and gonna build some simple maps from scratch. Well the arena entities did come from the original DB maps but they are just arena entities :P

alinayg
05-18-2010, 11:44
Actually in our community (Israeli), now that we have a dodgeball server, players are begging for some blucourt action, but I'm not going to convert any maps without permissions - that's just wrong.

I did convert my own map and gonna build some simple maps from scratch. Well the arena entities did come from the original DB maps but they are just arena entities :P

So arena mode does work fine with this?

asherkin
05-18-2010, 12:34
So arena mode does work fine with this?
Yes

I noticed a few errors on mapchange due to the timer earlier today, I'll fix them over the weekend.

yellowblood
05-18-2010, 13:32
Built a very basic and simple map -
---link removed, map updated - jump to post 57 (http://forums.alliedmods.net/showpost.php?p=1187211&postcount=57)---

Single-Rocket, arena mode, cool space skybox (credit to
VelvetFistIronGlove for the skybox).

Have fun

asherkin
05-18-2010, 14:34
Built a very basic and simple map -
http://www.sendspace.com/file/g5qh4x

Single-Rocket, arena mode, cool space skybox (credit to
VelvetFistIronGlove for the skybox).

Have fun

I love this map.
Let me know if you want them added with the rest.

Consider the per-map config on the to-do list to do properly.
Bare in mind (initially) it'll probably just be a KV file to drop in a folder that overrides the cvar's values.

yellowblood
05-18-2010, 15:45
Glad you loved it!
I updated it already, some better lighting and other tweaks, also removed the fire particles (they were annoying ><).
---link removed, map updated: jump to post 57 (http://forums.alliedmods.net/showpost.php?p=1187211&postcount=57)---

I don't know what's a KV file, but I will check it out.

You're more than welcome to add my maps, that was the point :)

P.S.
the prefix dbo_ means "DodgeBall Open-source", "DodgeBall Ownage", or "DodgeBall Omg-its-free-wtf"

voogru
05-18-2010, 16:11
Glad you loved it!
I updated it already, some better lighting and other tweaks, also removed the fire particles (they were annoying ><).
http://www.sendspace.com/file/k3zrk7

I don't know what's a KV file, but I will check it out.

P.S.
the prefix dbo_ means "DodgeBall Open-source", "DodgeBall Ownage", or "DodgeBall Omg-its-free-wtf"

Oh yes, I would appreciate it greatly if you would all use a different prefix for the maps, dbo_ is good.

crazy-tony
05-19-2010, 03:34
hello .. we did the testing i spoke to you about on 5 different maps ...

many thanks for the help in finding the problems with the maps by the way ...

OK short of it is this ...we converted the maps to non arena type maps and they work fine ...still cant get the arena style maps to work though ,, still getting the server crash issue ..

i will give you a shout later but was wondering if anyone has the same problem ..

also i will email you a couple of maps to add to your map pack later today if you would like them ..

Also is it possible to use trigger hurt in the maps say for exaple if you make a pit between the 2 teams and they purposaly drop down to raise damage caused ???

....ohhhh and in the long run together we will catch up with voogroo all day long :up::up::avast:

asherkin
05-19-2010, 05:58
Just have to check. :crab:

Oh yes, I would appreciate it greatly if you would all use a different prefix for the maps, dbo_ is good.
Going to go with tfdb_
Map authors: I won't edit the ones I currently have, but when you update could you use this prefix please.

still cant get the arena style maps to work though ,, still getting the server crash issue ..
I'll see if I can get an example arena map together, I know it's working as yellowblood's maps use arena.

also i will email you a couple of maps to add to your map pack later today if you would like them ..
:D

yellowblood
05-19-2010, 19:30
alright, I built another map. It is somehow unusual, I hope you will enjoy it.

---link removed, map updated - jump to post 57 (http://forums.alliedmods.net/showpost.php?p=1187211&postcount=57)---

crazy-tony
05-20-2010, 03:56
ok... a few ideas .1st .. can you possibly add to the plugin a amount of rockets depending on the amount of players playing on the server .??

Second a cvar for the return rocket sped ...ie the speed after each reflect ,,,so it speeds up each time ..

Third and finally ....i have another request ,,, can you add the possibility of a nuke appearing every now and then ...

it would have a kill radius or affect radius ...it would have multiple effects ,,,say like burn freeze for 10 secs or drugged ...

i already have a custom built version of a bomb in both red and blu if you like the idea ...

voogru
05-20-2010, 04:35
i already have a custom built version of a bomb in both red and blu if you like the idea ...

Is that the model I had made?

alinayg
05-20-2010, 05:14
Second a cvar for the return rocket sped ...ie the speed after each reflect ,,,so it speeds up each time ..

"sm_dodgeball_reflectinc" = "0.02" - Percentage(ish) the rocket speed is increased per-airblast.

FrozenHaxor
05-20-2010, 13:51
Poor voogru, why everyone always copycats your things :P

crazy-tony
05-20-2010, 15:11
Is that the model I had made?

nope .. it was made for us by someone else ...

Afronanny
05-20-2010, 17:40
Poor voogru, why everyone always copycats your things :P

Because they're so epicly amazing.

yellowblood
05-20-2010, 17:42
asherkin, I have an idea about making the movement of the rockets better.
By "better movement" I mean rockets tend to go up and move in somehow ballistic way.

It goes like this (wow algorithm in words, just like high-school):

As soon as someone reflects a rocket, you search the next possible target, randomly.
If there isn't target in range, the rocket keeps flying until it finds one (just as it does now).

When it finds a target, you take the current X/Y/Z of the player.
You then set the target of the rocket above the play, that means - X/Y/MaxHeight.
After some hundreds of milliseconds, you set the target back to the player.

It will create more interesting movement without killing the server's CPU. It is also possible to set targets on mid heights, like MaxHeight - (MaxHeight - Z)/2 , etc.

Hope you got me there.

yellowblood
05-21-2010, 18:32
Updates and summery of my maps so far:

EDIT: Links deleted, go here for the last versions (http://forums.alliedmods.net/showpost.php?p=1195599&postcount=110)

tfdb_baseball_a2
Converted from its voogru's dodgeball version, this is my first map ever. As all of my map, this is a single rocket map with the arena mod on and one rocket is more than enough to kill a player, so be alert.

tfdb_octagon_a3
Octagon, my second map, has a very simple and basic design. The important thing is that it's fun :)

tfdb_rows_a1
Rows is an odd map. I had an idea and this is what came up. Not many players like the limited movement this map gives, but the gameplay is unique!

Drixevel
05-21-2010, 20:22
well maybe if i could open the VMF in hammer then i'd be able to make maps like crazy :P i has time.

Drixevel
05-21-2010, 20:48
nvm, got it. Boy am i a dumbass.

astokes
05-21-2010, 21:40
How would one get access to the settings in the test server you set up to have nukes come out and add a bot perhaps?

Drixevel
05-22-2010, 05:05
good luck getting bots to do this and also good luck with the nuke. XD

yellowblood
05-22-2010, 05:34
The bots work, they reflect the rockets, that's how I test my maps.

tf_bot_add 4

GL.

Drixevel
05-22-2010, 10:39
Well i do admit i have lacking of research or testing for bots but from my understanding they crash if their isn't a control point but then again im wrong about most things.

On another note: I am working on a map to contribute towards the development of this plugin and i hope people enjoy it.

alinayg
05-22-2010, 16:53
@ Yellow Blood

Could you post a simple vmf of your working arena version, can't seem to get mine to work correctly.

asherkin
05-23-2010, 12:10
Not many players like the limited movement this map gives, but the gameplay is unique!
I think maybe a D shaped area for each player might work better, you could increase the distance between each 'ship' as well. I felt quite claustrophobic playing the first time.

Sorry there hasn't been a 'proper' update this weekend, I've been doing quite a bit of work on the back end stuff, specifically updating the version of CEntity to the latest dev version, which will provide a lot more room for features in future versions.

If any of you have noticed the handle errors on mapchange and the rare crash if you airblast a rocket while it's inside of you, both of these issues have now been fixed.

(If you ever want to see what I'm currently working on, you can check out the change log here (http://hg.limetech.org/tf_dodgeball/shortlog).)

yellowblood
05-23-2010, 14:27
I just love the transparency of your development, really appreciated. Thank you.

I need to think about what to do with tfdb_rows. The problem is if I give more room, players will be able to dock rockets by ducking (making the rocket hit the floor under their feet). Though it might be better to create more maps, since there are so few right now.

Nightbox
05-23-2010, 17:00
Tbh baseball is the only decent one

asherkin
05-23-2010, 17:31
Tbh baseball is the only decent one
That's your personal opinion. Also a rather useless statement, you don't even offer any feedback.

Personally octagon is my favourite.

So as not to post without anything useful:
I haven't had a chance to play octagon_a3 yet so I don't know what was changed, but I would like to see a larger area outside the barrier in the future, would work very well with the loopy nature of the new tracking code (I'll post a test version tomorrow hopefully, I found a few more bugs that need squishing first).

yellowblood
05-23-2010, 17:49
I haven't had a chance to play octagon_a3 yet so I don't know what was changed, but I would like to see a larger area outside the barrier in the future, would work very well with the loopy nature of the new tracking code (I'll post a test version tomorrow hopefully, I found a few more bugs that need squishing first).

I love you.

Thrawn2
05-23-2010, 18:55
uuhm, i did understood the baseball comment wrong i guess.
but could you implement a baseball dodgeball? with sandman and homing balls? would be a nice variation, especially because its harder to reflect.

Nightbox
05-24-2010, 06:10
That's your personal opinion. Also a rather useless statement, you don't even offer any feedback.

Personally octagon is my favourite.

So as not to post without anything useful:

Well i like octogon too but i've forgotten its name :D but it's a big buggy you can end up outside the arena.

I run a server with your plugin so you don't need to be harsh.

HoundDawg
05-24-2010, 13:39
Hi, I'm one of the main mappers over in the voogru community and if you've played dodgeball on his servers, than I'm sure you've played on one of my maps in rotation. Introductions aside, here are some comments:

<3 the competition already! As DB mappers, we've already been able to push the bar within our latest maps, especially the DBS ones.

... I wanted this competition to get my butt in gear to add new things to dodgeball.
and everyone is pleased!

Good luck with that, most of our maps have significant logic with the entities that would need to be handled properly, and some of the newer maps we have will have their entities encrypted which basically means all of the entity logic would have to be re-created from scratch.Yes... I'd say that with most of our recent maps, most of the time has been spent on the entities and the logic. Quite a bit of testing and re-testing.

As the blucourt mapper, I thank you for not doing this. It maintains the peace between both DB movements going forward.

This will be interesting to see evolve...

Going to go with tfdb_
Map authors: I won't edit the ones I currently have, but when you update could you use this prefix please.
Having your unique prefix is an excellent idea! FYI, we use 2:

db_ = Normal dodgeball maps: slower multi-rocket with low damage.

dbs_ = Speed dodgeball maps: faster, mostly single-rocket, with instant kill damage.

TBH, I like dbo_ for "dodgeball open" over tfdb, since the "tf" isn't necessary as we all know this is for TF2. You don't see Valve using "tfcp_", "tfctf_", etc... for a reason.

yellowblood
05-24-2010, 13:58
Well i like octogon too but i've forgotten its name :D but it's a big buggy you can end up outside the arena.

I'm aware of that bug, unfortunately the CLIP PLAYER brush was hidden when I compiled the last version of the map :X

Those damn visgroups...

marcusx
05-25-2010, 04:07
New server FR/EU
87.98.166.81:27025 FR/EU - Les Bras Casses [Fun] DodgeBall

Server speed dodgeball, 1rocket,-150hp, 30 minutes timelimit or 20round.
We modify the maps
db_triangle db_arcane_large and for it to be in fashion arena in order to complete the rounds.
The server is still under testing and are certain thing has to change / modify

We're currently mapping of enthusiasm for expanding maps available.
Create Maps:
db_Castle_b1 (http://www.team-lbc.fr/tf/maps/db_castle_b1.bsp) "Available on the server."

On the other maps are in court project, if you have ideas to offer us not hesitate

asherkin
05-25-2010, 09:31
1.1.0 Released

Changes:

Tracking code changed to limit the turn angle.
Fixed a few handle and IsClientInGame checks in the plugins.
Quite a few changes to backend code to generally make things more reliable.

marcusx
05-25-2010, 16:48
After update server still planting

1.0 => 1.1

./srcds_run: line 342: 18650 Erreur de segmentation (core dumped) $HL_CMD
Cannot access memory at address 0xf775f658
Cannot access memory at address 0xffcaf170
/home/dodgeball/orangebox/debug.cmds:4: Error in sourced command file:
Cannot access memory at address 0xf775f658
email debug.log to [email protected]
mardi 25 mai 2010, 21:50:57 (UTC+0200): Server restart in 10 seconds

asherkin
05-25-2010, 16:59
I'm seeing a few crashes on 1.1.0, I'm pretty it's was in 1.0 as well, as it occours in Valve code. I'll look into it more tomorrow.

In the meantime, as requested, removed is the download link to the 1.0.0 package. It is only the files in extensions causing an issue.

marcusx
05-25-2010, 17:06
thanks

FredJed223
05-25-2010, 18:30
Thanks for this plugin. Loving it. There are 2 things I want to accomplish for our Dodgeball server:

1.) Infinite ammo

2.) No damage to the other team with flamethrowers.

Are these 2 things possible with this plugin or possibly another?

sejin513
05-25-2010, 22:21
Thanks for this plugin. Loving it. There are 2 things I want to accomplish for our Dodgeball server:

1.) Infinite ammo

try this

sm_cvar tf_flamethrower_velocity 0
sm_cvar tf_flamethrower_burstammo 0

FredJed223
05-25-2010, 22:29
try this

sm_cvar tf_flamethrower_velocity 0
sm_cvar tf_flamethrower_burstammo 0

Does not seem to make a difference on flamethrower damage. Thanks for the suggestion. Got any others to try?

sejin513
05-25-2010, 22:33
thats make a short range.
so if you not close to enemy, you cannot hurt him.

other ways, edit the ctx file. or plugins

sejin513
05-25-2010, 22:36
Does not seem to make a difference on flamethrower damage. Thanks for the suggestion. Got any others to try?

try this file.

put in the tf/scripts folder

and maybe this file make a problem with sv_consistency

then try sv_consistency 0

FredJed223
05-25-2010, 23:46
try this file.

put in the tf/scripts folder

and maybe this file make a problem with sv_consistency

then try sv_consistency 0

Dosent seem to work even with consistency off.

asherkin
05-26-2010, 01:59

1.) Infinite ammo

It's all built-in, make sure you are not having issues with TF2Items (I released an update yesterday (1.3.1) that fixed all the issues that some people were having, make sure you have that, you'll know it's working when you have 800 ammo with the flamethrower+backburner (you can also airblast with the backburner).).

Also, a lot of people have been having issues with running class limit plugins to prevent players playing other classes than pyro. Do not do this. Everything you need to run Dodgeball is included (in tf_dodgeball_logic.sp).

marcusx
05-26-2010, 06:56
News maps

db_tennis_b1 (http://www.team-lbc.fr/tf/maps/db_tennis_b1.bsp) and db_castle_rc1 (http://www.team-lbc.fr/tf/maps/db_castle_rc1.bsp) updated

87.98.166.81:27025 FR-EU - Les Bras Casses [Fun] DodgeBall

asherkin
05-26-2010, 07:04
db_tennis_b1 (http://www.team-lbc.fr/tf/maps/db_tennis_b1.bsp) and db_castle_rc1 (http://www.team-lbc.fr/tf/maps/db_castle_rc1.bsp) updated
Please can you use the tfdb_ prefix for this mod, not db_. Also, let me know if I can add them to the repo.

@yellowblood: I'm not hatin' on your maps, just want to wait untill the map config system is finished before adding them, don't want to add maps that mess with cvars.

marcusx
05-26-2010, 07:43
i'll change the prefix for db_ to tfdb_ at the next compilation of map, maps are available on the server now and fully functionnal .

i don't get the meaning of "the repo", where dou you exactly want to add the maps ?

can you explain me either what is the meaning of adding tfdb_ instead of db_ on the map listing, i don't get it^^ ?

asherkin
05-26-2010, 08:03
1.1.1 Released.

Fixes the crash issue on an airblast.

Note that the internal version numbers are still 1.1.0, it was only a small patch, so I didn't feel the need to recompile all the plugins.

Also, I left the debug line in where it detects it would have crashed, if you see this, stop playing for a minute and thank PRED* for finding and fixing the bug (while you get bombarded with rockets) :wink:.

sejin513
05-26-2010, 09:15
thx for crash fix, this is what i waiting for

HoundDawg
05-26-2010, 11:09
i'll change the prefix for db_ to tfdb_ at the next compilation of map, maps are available on the server now and fully functionnal .
FYI, you don't have to re-compile a map to change the name. A simple file rename works.

can you explain me either what is the meaning of adding tfdb_ instead of db_ on the map listing, i don't get it^^ ?
Because there are 2 separate TF2 dodgeball efforts and both db_ and dbs_ map prefixes have been in use by the voogru's dodgeball mod for over a year now. By having a unique prefix for this new open-source dodgeball (which is actually different than voogru's original dodgeball) it avoids confusion on which maps go with which dodgeball mod.

marcusx
05-26-2010, 15:46
Maps updated

tfdb_castle_rc2 (http://www.team-lbc.fr/tf/maps/tfdb_castle_rc2.bsp)
tfdb_tennis_b2 (http://www.team-lbc.fr/tf/maps/tfdb_tennis_b2.bsp)

SatlaN
05-26-2010, 17:06
Maps updated

tfdb_castle_rc2 (http://www.team-lbc.fr/tf/maps/tfdb_castle_rc2.bcp)

tfdb_castle_rc2 (http://www.team-lbc.fr/tf/maps/tfdb_castle_rc2.bsp)

I fixed your links :)

yellowblood
05-26-2010, 17:17
asherkin, the new update is awesome, I love how I can control the turning.

Although, as I said earlier in this thread, rockets should aim higher in the first few milliseconds, to avoid an expected collide with the ground among other. It's fairly easy to destroy the game now by reflecting all of your rockets to the ground.

One more thing would be the random target, but I can't be so demanding now can I? :)

You're doing a great, great job, thank you (from all of the Israeli community).

oh, and about my maps, I agree with your decision. Hoping for a better solution to these cvars.

bobbobagan
05-27-2010, 08:40
dodgeball_spacearena_b6 skybox leaks so you can't play the map without everything blurring... The texture mustn't have been included or something.

db_tennis_b2 - The blue rockets on this map just fire straight into the wall, whats up with that? Also, shouldn't only 1 rocket fire, not hundreds at a time... Its supposed to be tennis... in tennis you don't have 500 balls on the court at one time :P

Oh and I had a problem with people being able to avoid the rockets, then the rockets would just endlessly circle around the player... can that be fixed?

aRcTiC
05-27-2010, 10:33
for spacearena rcon sv_skyname (either hl2 or tf2) http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Sky_List then rejoin game

asherkin
05-27-2010, 10:57
Although, as I said earlier in this thread, rockets should aim higher in the first few milliseconds, to avoid an expected collide with the ground among other.There's an issue with the code designed to 'delay' a think not working, if it's ever fixed or I implement some timing code, it'll be added.

It's fairly easy to destroy the game now by reflecting all of your rockets to the ground. Oh and I had a problem with people being able to avoid the rockets, then the rockets would just endlessly circle around the player... can that be fixed?
Just increase sm_dodgeball_turnrate a little bit, 0.4 create's spiralling rings of doom if you can manage to dodge a rocket at all.

One more thing would be the random target, but I can't be so demanding now can I? :)First a little info on how it now works. When a rocket has an invalid target, i.e. it's just spawned, right after airblast, current target died with another rocket, etc. , it latches on to the nearest player and stays targeting then as long as they are 'valid'. This is different from the old system that used to constantly look for a better target.
This generally appears to have solved most of the issues that were created with people 'griefing' by running forwards to snag a few rockets and then running past the other players. It's not particularly simple to implement a 'nice' random system, I'll see if just iterating the clients will work, but I do think that'll have issues.
Just have to see what I come up with! If/when it does get added, it will be default off, as there are maps that work based on the fact it's harder the closer to the spawner you are (castle, for instance).

Also, shouldn't only 1 rocket fire, not hundreds at a time... Its supposed to be tennis... in tennis you don't have 500 balls on the court at one time :PAs you may have noticed reading the thread, there is no way for map authors to specify the dodgeball settings for their map built-in yet.

Cau3T
05-27-2010, 12:33
Hi,

First, thank you for this amazing mod !
Second, I've a little question :

Does the rocket have the same direction than the "info_target" of the map ?
(i.e. in tennis for instance, if I turn the blue "info_target", does the blue rockets will be spawned with an orientable angle ?)

asherkin
05-27-2010, 12:41
Yes, they are initially spawned facing, and propelled towards, the direction in which the info_target's angles point.

bobbobagan
05-27-2010, 15:01
As you may have noticed reading the thread, there is no way for map authors to specify the dodgeball settings for their map built-in yet.
Strange, some maps I played (like baseball) only fired one rocket at a time.

asherkin
05-27-2010, 15:24
Strange, some maps I played (like baseball) only fired one rocket at a time.There is a point_servercommand in the map that is fired on round-start that edits the sm_dodgeball_* cvars, these changes carry over to future maps.

DrWagstaff
05-27-2010, 18:41
I have a feature request. I was thinking of making a map that would sort of be volley ball, but I realized the rocket AI just sort of seeks you path of least resistance style. Can you add the ability for map makers to put in "hoops" of sort that the rockets have to pass through on every trip between players? That way I could direct the rockets over a net, hill, what have you, as they go between players

Then it could be volley ball, or wack dodgeball with sawmill blades and the rockets wouldnt collide with whatevers in the middle.

EDIT: Maybe support for multiple "hoops" so the one nearest to the player is used to re-direct the rocket. That way you can have a few separate paths that balls might travel over, flanking both sides, from above, from below, whatever.

marcusx
05-27-2010, 19:58
Maps update

tfdb_castle (http://www.team-lbc.fr/tf/maps/tfdb_castle.bsp) final
tfdb_tennis (http://www.team-lbc.fr/tf/maps/tfdb_tennis.bsp) final
tfdb_dream_island_b1 (http://www.team-lbc.fr/tf/maps/tfdb_dream_island_b1.bsp)

Vaskituh
05-28-2010, 11:10
I put everything on the right places, but i put:

sm plugins unload tf_dodgeball_logic.smx
sm plugins unload tf_dodgeball_rockets.smx
sm plugins unload tf2items_manager.smx

On the Configs of War (ETF2L, WirePlay, etc)

What command do i put on the config of the dodgeball maps for them to work, cause right now everything works except that there are no rockets..

Newsworthy
05-29-2010, 11:17
I just wanted to say thank you very much for this mod. I've installed this after I had issues with Prop Hunt, and our players couldn't be happier.

We're happy to have the third Australian Dodgeball server. Address is 203.14.173.85:27015

Thanks again for an awesome mod, and mappers thanks for your great work! I look forward to your updates and improvements. :)

bobbobagan
05-29-2010, 13:50
I just wanted to say thank you very much for this mod. I've installed this after I had issues with Prop Hunt, and our players couldn't be happier.

We're happy to have the first Australian Dodgeball server. Address is 203.14.173.85:27015

Thanks again for an awesome mod, and mappers thanks for your great work! I look forward to your updates and improvements. :)
No actually... You aren't the first :P

There is two other Australian Dodgeball servers, one is a TF2Dodgeball mod that runs off Voogru's dodgeball plugin which has been up for ages, the other one I put up a few days ago xD So you are the 3rd :P

Newsworthy
05-30-2010, 06:18
No actually... You aren't the first :P

There is two other Australian Dodgeball servers, one is a TF2Dodgeball mod that runs off Voogru's dodgeball plugin which has been up for ages, the other one I put up a few days ago xD So you are the 3rd :P
Shit. Sorry. :(

yellowblood
05-30-2010, 15:47
Shit. Sorry. :(
hey cheer up, you're the NEWEST Australian dodgeball server! it's something, isn't it?

yellowblood
05-30-2010, 17:42
OMG THIS MESSAGE HAVE BEEN COMPROMISED

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showpost.php?p=1206982&postcount=153

Newsworthy
05-30-2010, 20:26
hey cheer up, you're the NEWEST Australian dodgeball server! it's something, isn't it?
You're right. :)

Also, thanks for the new maps! I'll upload them tonight. :)

astokes
05-30-2010, 22:10
Im trying all the new maps, and all of them are stuck on 0:00 waiting on players

what is the cause of this?

Domele
05-31-2010, 01:10
I'm a newb when it comes to modding. I'm wondering how to install this mod. I've tried putting the files in the extension folder into the extension folder in the sourcemod folder and the same for every other folder. Does that make sense? Anyways, sourcemod fails to load the plugin. Can someone please give me a step by step guide to installing this mod?

yellowblood
05-31-2010, 01:33
Im trying all the new maps, and all of them are stuck on 0:00 waiting on players

what is the cause of this?

Since it's arena mod, you need at least 2 players to start the game.

yellowblood
05-31-2010, 01:55
I'm a newb when it comes to modding. I'm wondering how to install this mod. I've tried putting the files in the extension folder into the extension folder in the sourcemod folder and the same for every other folder. Does that make sense? Anyways, sourcemod fails to load the plugin. Can someone please give me a step by step guide to installing this mod?

To get SourceMod to work you need to install Metamod first.

Then you basically throw all of the files inside the SourceMod - the Hooks plugin, the TF2Items plugin, and then of course the dodgeball plugin.

Everything should be inside your tf/addons folder.

Domele
05-31-2010, 02:12
So only thing that is supposed to be in the base addon folder is sourcemod, metamod, and metamod vdf file right? And every other plugin goes into sourcemod? Also how do you load plugins, I know to do sm plugins load but I don't know the path I'm supposed to be using.

Edit: Nevermind, I'm an idiot, the plugins are already loaded.

Newsworthy
05-31-2010, 07:37
Yellowblood, installed those maps, they're awesome, thanks for the update.

I've noticed that all my default rocket settings (As you pointed out) have changed. And with each round end, they revert to your map setting, of 1 rocket, sharp turning. We like multiple rockets and a bit less sentry-like rocket action. :)

How do I 'over-ride' your settings to keep my own? My .cfg file isn't cutting it atm...

yellowblood
05-31-2010, 14:36
Currently I only play in our Dodgeball server in Israel, and it has some multi-rocket maps, and they aren't effected.

I'm not sure about it, but I think the server.cfg runs after every map, so you might wanna put the settings (from the main post of this thread) in there.

Newsworthy
06-01-2010, 06:51
Given its an arena mod, wouldn't it be config_arena? Also, its not after every map, its after every round within a map. I'll even spawn rockets at 0.2 seconds max of 40, and once the round ends, it reverts. Your thoughts?

marcusx
06-01-2010, 08:09
News maps + updated

tfbd_mechanicus_b2 (http://www.team-lbc.fr/tf/maps/tfdb_mechanicus_b2.bsp) News maps
tfdb_dream_island_b2 (http://www.team-lbc.fr/tf/maps/tfdb_dream_island_b2.bsp) Updated to b2

HoundDawg
06-01-2010, 10:13
Given its an arena mod, wouldn't it be config_arena? Also, its not after every map, its after every round within a map.
This mod isn't restricted to "arena" only maps. That's up to the mapper to decide. If the mapper configures the map for a single rocket style of gameplay, through whatever means they can within the map, that's what it will be every round within that map.

It's up to the mod developers to decide if config files override the mapper's settings.

So, if you find a map firing off a single rocket at a time, and you'd prefer multiple rockets, request a multiple rocket version of the map (or vice-versa).

yellowblood
06-01-2010, 12:51
HoundDawg, the problem is that my maps effect other maps that come after.

I'm not sure how to fix it, though in the server I play in, the problem never occurred.

HoundDawg
06-01-2010, 13:21
HoundDawg, the problem is that my maps effect other maps that come after.

I'm not sure how to fix it, though in the server I play in, the problem never occurred.
That's what I originally thought to, but his last post mentioned it was between rounds, not maps. Perhaps, he should re-clarify this.

[BSM] isuckatlinux
06-01-2010, 21:57
Having problems with players losing their gun at the beginning of the round.

Newsworthy
06-02-2010, 07:09
News maps + updated

tfbd_mechanicus_b2 (http://www.team-lbc.fr/tf/maps/tfdb_mechanicus_b2.bsp) News maps
tfdb_dream_island_b2 (http://www.team-lbc.fr/tf/maps/tfdb_dream_island_b2.bsp) Updated to b2
Feedback on my server is mech is fun, and dream island is 'trippy'. ;)

I get missing textures on the rocket spawn. Same for anyone else?

Awesome work marcusx, thanks :)

Cau3T
06-02-2010, 08:54
For tfdb_dream_island_b2, I forgot to build the cube map, so you see little squares pink and black :oops: on all reflexion surfaces (the sphere where rockets spawn, the medals, ...) This will be corrected for the next version.

yellowblood
06-02-2010, 15:20
EDIT: forget about it, I'm retarded.

Just to clarify -
http://img408.**************/img408/4579/blacknarwhal.png

This ugly black background is a bug.
Yes, it appears on all of my maps.

Newsworthy
06-03-2010, 04:06
EDIT: forget about it, I'm retarded.

Just to clarify -
http://img408.**************/img408/4579/blacknarwhal.png

This ugly black background is a bug.
Yes, it appears on all of my maps.
On our server, given we're from Reddit, we love it. :)

clutchh
06-03-2010, 21:10
This is working great so far.

Just two map errors:
tfdb_arcane_large_v1: Round never ends, people die and respawn.
tfdb_spacearena_b6: Missing the skybox, unplayable.

Edit:

L 06/04/2010 - 18:49:08: [SM] Native "FindEntityByClassname" reported: Entity 120 is not valid
L 06/04/2010 - 18:49:08: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "tf_dodgeball_rockets.smx":
L 06/04/2010 - 18:49:08: [SM] [0] Line 194, D:\srcds\orangebox\tf\addons\sourcemod\script ing\tf_dodgeball_rockets.sp::findNextTeamLaun chPosition()
L 06/04/2010 - 18:49:08: [SM] [1] Line 170, D:\srcds\orangebox\tf\addons\sourcemod\script ing\tf_dodgeball_rockets.sp::fireTeamProjecti le()
L 06/04/2010 - 18:49:08: [SM] [2] Line 113, D:\srcds\orangebox\tf\addons\sourcemod\script ing\tf_dodgeball_rockets.sp::SpawnRockets()

marcusx
06-04-2010, 10:26
Go download this

db_arcane_large_arena (http://www.team-lbc.fr/tf/maps/db_arcane_large_arena.bsp) Modified to add arena_mod.

And news maps

tfdb_circonvolium_b1 by Cau3t (http://www.team-lbc.fr/tf/maps/tfdb_circonvolium_b1.bsp)

Newsworthy
06-04-2010, 11:22
Marcusx, just wanted to say that arcane is awesome now. We're running it as we speak and it is now part of our rotation. :)

Circonvolium though, no rockets! Couldn't even spawn them from my head... Not sure what happened there... :( Awesome concept though. :)

marcusx
06-04-2010, 12:40
for Circonvolium I will speak with Cau3t to see the problem. I'll post the B2 will be good when its

Mecha the Slag
06-05-2010, 14:35
People kept getting kicked once they spawned with this plugin installed :V

also the extensions seem to mess with maps when installed; I had props that were meant to be invisible be... visible. And saws turned inanimate.

Cau3T
06-07-2010, 06:27
Hi everyone,

tfdb_circonvolium_b4 (http://www.team-lbc.fr/tf/maps/tfdb_circonvolium_b4.bsp) is ready to play...

WebNoob
06-07-2010, 13:08
Still getting this error in the log:

L 06/07/2010 - 12:06:13: SourceMod error session started
L 06/07/2010 - 12:06:13: Info (map "tfdb_circonvolium_b4") (file "errors_20100607.log")
L 06/07/2010 - 12:06:13: [TFDB] [CENTITY] Failed lookup of prop m_fFlags on entity worldspawn

Cau3T
06-07-2010, 13:14
It is strange because the map is well running on server of "Les Bras CassÚs"...
It was played many times on this server and no error occurs...

yellowblood
06-07-2010, 14:07
When you publish a map, please provide more information about it.

yellowblood
06-07-2010, 15:36
asherkin, are you too busy these days, or you just forget to check-in? :(

asherkin
06-07-2010, 16:22
isuckatlinux;1197586']Having problems with players losing their gun at the beginning of the round.
We've spoken since then, are you still having an issue with this?
If yes, please can you clarify a bit more, does changing weapons get you back to the flamethrower? or is everything lost?

L 06/04/2010 - 18:49:08: [SM] Native "FindEntityByClassname" reported: Entity 120 is not valid
L 06/04/2010 - 18:49:08: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "tf_dodgeball_rockets.smx":
L 06/04/2010 - 18:49:08: [SM] [0] Line 194, D:\srcds\orangebox\tf\addons\sourcemod\script ing\tf_dodgeball_rockets.sp::findNextTeamLaun chPosition()
L 06/04/2010 - 18:49:08: [SM] [1] Line 170, D:\srcds\orangebox\tf\addons\sourcemod\script ing\tf_dodgeball_rockets.sp::fireTeamProjecti le()
L 06/04/2010 - 18:49:08: [SM] [2] Line 113, D:\srcds\orangebox\tf\addons\sourcemod\script ing\tf_dodgeball_rockets.sp::SpawnRockets()

Whoops, I'll see if I can track down the cause of that.

People kept getting kicked once they spawned with this plugin installed :V
No ideas here, there isn't a single line of code that could kick a player. Maybe a conflict somewhere?

also the extensions seem to mess with maps when installed; I had props that were meant to be invisible be... visible. And saws turned inanimate.
Yep, I noticed this the other day. I'll see if I can fix the cause.

Still getting this error in the log:
That's quite normal, it's a (very minor) issue in CEntity that makes no sense to anyone.

asherkin, are you too busy these days, or you just forget to check-in? :(
Very, very busy for the next 2-3 weeks, then 2 months to code in full-time :)

I haven't had a chance to look at any of the new maps yet, they certainly sound awesome though.

WebNoob
06-07-2010, 16:59
Of course...I'm still having the problem where all of the players are stuck in spectator, with the "waiting for players" counter stuck a "0:00"

I seem to remember a similar problem when arena first came out, and I tried all the fixes that were suggested for that with no luck.

yellowblood
06-07-2010, 17:06
Very, very busy for the next 2-3 weeks, then 2 months to code in full-time :)

oh, goodluck with whatever it is :P

and with your talent so far, after 2 months of coding I expect to get a perfect dodgeball mode with zero bugs that also makes coffee.

Newsworthy
06-08-2010, 08:38
Hi everyone,

tfdb_circonvolium_b4 (http://www.team-lbc.fr/tf/maps/tfdb_circonvolium_b4.bsp) is ready to play...
hey Cau3T, we love the concept of the map, its sometimes fun to just play "Last man standing" as in the last one not to fall from being knocked out... :)

But no rockets! Will not auto-spawn... I can manually spawn BLU rockets, but not RED. :(

dogtime
06-09-2010, 05:36
nevermind

Cau3T
06-09-2010, 14:40
I see your map dogtime, and you have a leak. If you have a leak, the vvis.exe will not run and the skybox will not run too...

To see your leak, you can compile with bsp.exe only, and click on Map -> Load PointFile. This will trace a red ray which pass through your leak. You can repeat this operation for each leak...

dogtime
06-10-2010, 02:47
I see your map dogtime, and you have a leak. If you have a leak, the vvis.exe will not run and the skybox will not run too...

To see your leak, you can compile with bsp.exe only, and click on Map -> Load PointFile. This will trace a red ray which pass through your leak. You can repeat this operation for each leak...

Thank you. :)

edit: sorry for this.

yellowblood
06-10-2010, 03:13
it's a mistake to release a final version so soon.
if you're 100% you're done with this map, then release it as "rc", meaning Release Candidate. e.g. tfdb_granary_rc1.

Now if someone will find bugs or you will want to fix something in the map, you will have to release it as tfdb_granary_fix or something, which is terrible :<

Haven't tested the map yet... but I'm going to!

StrelokAU
06-10-2010, 04:27
Hello all, I'm trying to work out a problem with my map. Following the sample map (arcane) I used the same entities (2x info_target named rocket_spawn_blue and rocket_spawn_red respectively and 1x tf_gamerules and 1x tf_logic_arena) and with no modifications to any settings.

The rockets seem to spawn fine but once the server changes maps, it stops firing rockets all together until a server restart. As I said, there's no custom inputs/outputs in any entities and they're the same that other maps are using (I decompiled a few just to check) so I can't figure why it would cause this.

Any suggestions are much appreciated.

dogtime
06-10-2010, 04:42
it's a mistake to release a final version so soon.
if you're 100% you're done with this map, then release it as "rc", meaning Release Candidate. e.g. tfdb_granary_rc1.

Now if someone will find bugs or you will want to fix something in the map, you will have to release it as tfdb_granary_fix or something, which is terrible :<

Haven't tested the map yet... but I'm going to!

It occurs to me now I didnt actually test it at all, but i fixed all of what I wanted to after the original test i did, so I hope it will be ok?

rmccue
06-10-2010, 09:28
Hey guys, I've been working on 2 maps for dodgeball, and I believe they're both ready to post here. Both maps are based on sections of Hydro, but with modifications. I must say that I do adore this game mode (to note: dogtime, StrelokAU and I all play on Newsworthy's server, and it appears to be rather popular).

The first map is the last stage of Hydro, underground (with the uninventive name of "hydro"). It is a rather small map that still needs a bit of work, and quite possibly expansion. I'm also not yet quite happy with the spawns, and I believe there are also some areas that need blocking off (visually). With that said, I present to you:

tfdb_hydro_a2 (http://filevo.com/0jcyagazwp8o.html) - 4.0 MB

The second map is based on the radar dish in Hydro, and is appropriately named radar. I've removed a few small things which were annoying (things in the way). The main change I've made from the Hydro version is to change the cap zone into a pit of fire, to avoid people sitting on it and avoiding the rockets. I'd love feedback on this, as it's my main map:

tfdb_radar_a3.bsp (http://filevo.com/j0mpan44om4b.html) - 6.8 MB

Let me know what you think! (Neither of these are on permanent rotation yet on our server, but hopefully they will be soon)

Edit: Radar's firepit is broken, it's not currently activating the trigger_hurt properly. I'll fix this ASAP. Still playable though.

Mecha the Slag
06-10-2010, 16:34
Also why is TF2Items required? I try to keep the number of extension on a as low as possible and it seems completely unneeded.

asherkin
06-10-2010, 16:41
It's used to modify the Flamethrower and Backburner. Without it you would need to switch to Flamethrower to play and quite a few hooks and a timer to replicate the functionality the attributes provide.

When I have some time I'm going to be restructuring the code a bit, this will remove some customization potential for people that can't compile the extension, but will make everything a bit more reliable.

tiresmokindad
06-12-2010, 10:14

I run a server with your plugin so you don't need to be harsh.

Me too. I love the octogon. That is a good one. :D:wink:

yellowblood
06-12-2010, 17:16
There's a newer post about my maps - here (http://forums.alliedmods.net/showpost.php?p=1228489&postcount=192)

I released a new simple map (spacebox), and updated float & octagon.

New map - tfdb_spacebox
Simple map much like octagon.

Updates:

tfdb_octagon_a5 - Players can no longer take fall damage, narwhals fixed.
tfdb_float_a2 - Re-arranged stuff. Narwhals fixed. Feedback would be appreciated.

Newsworthy
06-13-2010, 02:13
Hey Yellowblood, awesome work. :)

Octagon is a server favourite. Didn't even notice the fall damage. Nice work :)

Float is good, and the hot floor in the middle is good, and new placement of the pads also. It really could use two rockets though, that's my only complaint.

I still laugh when someone falls off or gets blasted off. :)

Spacebox is good too. EDIT: Just discovered the low ceiling, it could possibly move upto the top of the box. We like low-grav. :) :)

StrelokAU
06-13-2010, 11:07
Hey guys, I was just on Newsworthy's server earlier testing another map of mine. Rockets all spawned fine and everything went smooth, but once the map changed the mod basically stopped working.

The server logs show:
L 06/13/2010 - 23:42:22: [SM] Native "FindEntityByClassname" reported: Entity 424 is not valid
L 06/13/2010 - 23:42:22: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "tf_dodgeball_rockets.smx":
L 06/13/2010 - 23:42:22: [SM] [0] Line 194, D:\srcds\orangebox\tf\addons\sourcemod\script ing\tf_dodgeball_rockets.sp::findNextTeamLaun chPosition()
L 06/13/2010 - 23:42:22: [SM] [1] Line 170, D:\srcds\orangebox\tf\addons\sourcemod\script ing\tf_dodgeball_rockets.sp::fireTeamProjecti le()
L 06/13/2010 - 23:42:22: [SM] [2] Line 116, D:\srcds\orangebox\tf\addons\sourcemod\script ing\tf_dodgeball_rockets.sp::SpawnRockets()

The only work around that we found worked (to a degree) was setting the mod to unload and load at each new map load. The problem also persists with another map of mine too.

The map itself plays fine though as I said. Rockets spawn, rounds end correctly etc. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks guys.

yellowblood
06-13-2010, 13:16
Hey Yellowblood, awesome work. :)

Octagon is a server favourite. Didn't even notice the fall damage. Nice work :)

Float is good, and the hot floor in the middle is good, and new placement of the pads also. It really could use two rockets though, that's my only complaint.

I still laugh when someone falls off or gets blasted off. :)

Spacebox is good too. EDIT: Just discovered the low ceiling, it could possibly move upto the top of the box. We like low-grav. :) :)

Thanks for your comments, I was really happy to read them :)

The low ceiling (it's added in octagon_a5 too) is there to prevent players from abusing the fall damage. It happened a lot when a player pushed an enemy up in the air so he would die out of fall damage.

I know low gravity can be fun, and I didn't think about it... maybe you can help me finding a new way of preventing this abuse? watered floor isn't an option :P

yellowblood
06-13-2010, 15:44
marcusx,

mechanicus is a great map. One thing I would add is some king of reward to those who dare leaving the safe span platform - a health pack maybe. A big one (50% or even 100%), right under the rockets spawner. and maybe 2, small health packs, on the corners far from the spawn platforms.

WHAT SAY YOU

Mecha the Slag
06-13-2010, 22:22
It's used to modify the Flamethrower and Backburner. Without it you would need to switch to Flamethrower to play and quite a few hooks and a timer to replicate the functionality the attributes provide.

When I have some time I'm going to be restructuring the code a bit, this will remove some customization potential for people that can't compile the extension, but will make everything a bit more reliable.

Sounds good; I'll definitely host it on my server once TF2Items is not required.

Newsworthy
06-14-2010, 02:54
Thanks for your comments, I was really happy to read them :)

The low ceiling (it's added in octagon_a5 too) is there to prevent players from abusing the fall damage. It happened a lot when a player pushed an enemy up in the air so he would die out of fall damage.

I know low gravity can be fun, and I didn't think about it... maybe you can help me finding a new way of preventing this abuse? watered floor isn't an option :P
Its less noticable in Octagon, I think the difference with Spacebox is that you can see there is space up there, that there is no way you can escape 'the box', so you really notice when you hit that ceiling. I didn't even know Octagon had a ceiling, shows how closely I was looking. :P

traxxus
06-15-2010, 05:18
Can anyone please post a working "config_arena.cfg" and "server.cfg" for this mod?

Newsworthy
06-15-2010, 06:34
Can anyone please post a working "config_arena.cfg" and "server.cfg" for this mod?
Hey traxxus, here's the config_arena I use on my server.

maxplayers 16
// Put the intended server name in the inverted commas below
hostname "[reddit.au] Dodgeball! - http://reddit.com/r/tf2au"
mapcyclefile "arena_mapcycle.txt"
// Replace the * with your server password of choice
sv_password "********"

// Replace the * with your rcon password of choice
rcon_password "********"
sv_voiceenable 1
// allow players to use a microphone. 0 is off 1 is on
sv_alltalk 1
// toggles whether both teams can hear each others voice comms or not. 0 is off 1 is on. recommend it being off
mp_chattime 10
// players can chat for this amount of time (in seconds) after a game is over

mp_autoteambalance 1
mp_autoteambalance_delay 20
mp_autoteambalance_warning_delay 10
mp_teams_unbalance_limit 1
mp_timelimit 15
mp_bonusroundtime 5
mp_forcecamera 0

sv_allowupload 0
// allow custom decals to be uploaded. 0 is off 1 is on
sv_allowdownload 1
// allow files to be downloaded from the server. 0 is off 1 is on
net_maxfilesize 15
// Max download file size. Default is 15
sv_downloadurl "http://Insert your fast download location here"
//redirect download location
// Pregame FF/instaspawn time
sm_cvar mp_waitingforplayers_time 15

// end download cvars
sv_region 5
// server location. -1 is the world, 0 is USA east coast, 1 is USA
west coast, 2 south america, 3 europe, 4 asia, 5 australia, 6 middle
east, 7 africa

sm_advertisements_enabled
sm_advertisements_interval 180
sm_advertisements_file advertisements.txt

// Re-enable Dodgeball stuff
sm_exts_load tf2items
sm_exts_load Sidewinder
sm_plugins_load tf_dodgeball_logic
sm_plugins_load tf_dodgeball_rockets

sm_dodgeball_criticals 1
sm_dodgeball_basedamage 100
sm_dodgeball_maxrockets 2
sm_dodgeball_spawninterval 1.0
sm_dodgeball_enabled 1
sm_dodgeball_weaponparticle 5
sm_dodgeball_speedmul 0.5
sm_dodgeball_reflectinc 0.1
sm_dodgeball_turnrate 0.35
From what I (Note, I am no expert) can gather, if you have config_arena setup correctly, server.cfg won't actually impact on your server. But, just in case, here is what I have.
hostname "Reddit Australia Super Happy Fun Time!"

rcon_password "********"
sv_rcon_banpenalty 5
sv_rcon_maxfailures 10
mp_autoteambalance 1
mp_autoteambalance_delay 20
mp_autoteambalance_warning_delay 10
mp_teams_unbalance_limit 1
mp_idlemaxtime 15

//mp_enableroundwaittime 1
mp_bonusroundtime 20
//mp_restartround 20
mp_stalemate_timelimit 120
mp_timelimit 30

mp_maxrounds 40
mp_winlimit 13

// end cvars for win conditions

tf_teamtalk 1

// start client specific cvars

mp_forcecamera 0
// force dead clients to first person mode disabling freelook. 0 is off 1 is on
mp_allowspectators 1
// enable or disable spectators on the server. 0 is off 1 is on
mp_friendlyfire 0
// 0 is off and clients can do harm to team mates. 1 is on and players
can kill or injure team mates
mp_footsteps 1
// footsteps on or off. 0 is off and 1 is on
sv_cheats 0
// allow cheats to be used by the client. 0 is off 1 is on
sv_timeout 30000
// the amount of time in seconds that a client is booted for no input
sv_maxspeed 320
// the maximun speed a client can move at
sv_consistency 1
// Force clients to pass a consistency check for critical files before
joining server. 0 is off 1 is on
decalfrequency 10
// the pause in seconds between a decal being sprayed

// end client specific cvars

// start cvars for communication

sv_voiceenable 1
// allow players to use a microphone. 0 is off 1 is on
sv_alltalk 1
// toggles whether both teams can hear each others voice comms or not.
0 is off 1 is on. recommend it being off
mp_chattime 10
// players can chat for this amount of time (in seconds) after a game is over

// end cvars for communication

// start download cvars

sv_allowupload 0
// allow custom decals to be uploaded. 0 is off 1 is on
sv_allowdownload 1
// allow files to be downloaded from the server. 0 is off 1 is on
net_maxfilesize 15
// Max download file size. Default is 15
sv_downloadurl "Insert fast map download server info here"
//redirect download location

// end download cvars

// start bandwidth rates/settings

//sv_minrate 20000
//sv_maxrate 30000
//decalfrequency 10
//sv_maxupdaterate 60
//sv_minupdaterate 20
//sv_mincmdrate 66
//sv_maxcmdrate 100

// end bandwidth rates/settings

// start server logging

log off
// enable or disable server logging. on is on off is off
sv_logbans 0
// Log server bans in the server logs
sv_logecho 1
// Echo log information to the console. 0 is off 1 is on
sv_logfile 0
// Log server information in the log file. 0 is off 1 is on
sv_log_onefile 0
// log everything in one file

// end server logging

// start cvars for general operation
sv_lan 0
// is this an internet or LAN server. 0 is internet 1 is LAN
sv_region 5
// server location. -1 is the world, 0 is USA east coast, 1 is USA
west coast, 2 south america, 3 europe, 4 asia, 5 australia, 6 middle
east, 7 africa
sv_contact Put an email address here
// contact email for sysop
sv_pausable 0
// enables or disables whether the server can be paused. 0 is off 1 is on
sv_pure 1
// forces all clients on the server to use content that matches what
is on the server. 0 is off 1 is on
sv_pure_kick_clients 1
// kicks clients that do not have content that matches what is on the server

// end cvars for general operation

// leave overtime nag on koth
tf_overtime_nag 1
// Pregame FF/instaspawn time
sm_cvar mp_waitingforplayers_time 60
// Allow dead players to talk to live ones
sm_deadtalk 2
// start execute ban files

exec banned_user.cfg
exec banned_ip.cfg
writeid
writeip

// end execute ban files

// Equipment Manager
// tf_equipment_announce 1
// tf_equipment_announce_plugin 1
// tf_equipment_blocktriggers 1

sm_mapvote_extend 5 // Allow 5 extensions of the map

// Map Voting
maprate_autorate_time 360

sm_reserve_type 1
sm_reserved_slots 8
sm_hide_slots 1
sm_reserve_kicktype 0
sm_reserve_maxadmins 8

mp_tournament "0"
mp_highlander "0"
tf_weapon_criticals "1"
tf_damage_disablespread "0"
mp_stalemate_enable "1"
mp_forcecamera "1"
mp_idledealmethod "0"
mp_friendlyfire "0"
mp_respawnwavetime "10.0"
tf_tournament_hide_domination_icons 0

sm_advertisements_interval 180

Hope that helps!

Cau3T
06-15-2010, 15:56
mechanicus is a great map. One thing I would add is some king of reward to those who dare leaving the safe span platform - a health pack maybe. A big one (50% or even 100%), right under the rockets spawner. and maybe 2, small health packs, on the corners far from the spawn platforms.

Map update : tfdb_mechanicus_rc1 (http://www.team-lbc.fr/tf/maps/tfdb_mechanicus_rc1.bsp)

- Added a full health kit in the middle of the map
- Added two mini health kit on each corner
- Added a dirty dark green smoke (beurk)
- Added a mega green light from the rocket spawn

Cau3T

PS : Thanks for all compliments

asherkin
06-15-2010, 16:06
I can't wait until I have time to play all these new maps, everyone keeps saying great things about them.

Also, the entity error cause is identified, I'll be testing and pushing a fix out soon.

traxxus
06-15-2010, 16:29
Hey traxxus, here's the config_arena I use on my server.

From what I (Note, I am no expert) can gather, if you have config_arena setup correctly, server.cfg won't actually impact on your server. But, just in case, here is what I have.
Hope that helps!

Great, thanks man! Seems to work. But i let the server.cfg complete empty.

clutchh
06-16-2010, 01:24
[TFDB] [CENTITY] Failed lookup of prop m_fFlags on entity worldspawn

That error pops up alot.

asherkin
06-16-2010, 03:33
I've already commented on that in this thread, it's perfectly normal and causes no ill-effects.

TheBob
06-16-2010, 04:39
Checked out some of the maps posted in this thread. Loads of fun!

Newsworthy
06-16-2010, 10:10
Map update : tfdb_mechanicus_rc1 (http://www.team-lbc.fr/tf/maps/tfdb_mechanicus_rc1.bsp)

- Added a full health kit in the middle of the map
- Added two mini health kit on each corner
- Added a dirty dark green smoke (beurk)
- Added a mega green light from the rocket spawn

Cau3T

PS : Thanks for all compliments
I LOVE new mechanicus. The mist makes it for me. :)

dungeon
06-19-2010, 19:18
OK, can i gert some help please.

I have this all setup and working fine, for one map.

I cannot however get it to load other maps from the mapcycle, all it does it read all the arena maps from my server and list them, i have tried disabling RTV, Nominate & Mapchooser completly.

I have the 5 maps from the zip on my server and fast dl, i have them listed in my maplist and mapcycle as the only 5 maps.

When i do listmaps in console i get

23:17:29 Map Cycle:
arena_lumberyard
arena_ravine
arena_badlands
arena_granary
arena_well
arena_watchtower
arena_sawmill
arena_nucleus
arena_offblast_final

Any one got any idees whay?

Thanks

==EDIT==

Scra6tch that, i fixed it.

For some reason i was unable to see page 17 of this thread, and the answer to my prob was at the top of page 17 so when i posted i saw the page, read it and found the answer. I was using the wrong mapcycle file :D

dungeon
06-20-2010, 15:54
Amazing job here, plugin works a treat :D

i got a few suggestions tho

First, would it be possible to add a cvar which increases the amount of rockets in relation to the amount of player (perhaps even with a multiplier system).

Example

2 people = 2 rockets

4 people = 3 rockets

etc

Also i notice that the rocket speed never increases, perhaps make it so when the rocket is deflected back it gets faster, and continues to speed up each time its deflected until it hits someone

Finally, like the other Dodgeball mod, could you add some diff rockets, some which are small and fast and others which are large and slow, the fun thing about all the DB servers i played on is you never know what kinda rocket is gonn come for you

Apart from that tho i give this mod 9/10, amazing job and once its polished off properly and the maps are finished too it will be a full 10/10

yellowblood
06-20-2010, 17:37
The rockets DO increase their speed on each reflect. It's configurable.

TheBob
06-21-2010, 00:13
Yeah They do increase in speed. Default is much lower than Voogru's servers.
"sm_dodgeball_reflectinc" = "0.02" - Percentage(ish) the rocket speed is increased per-airblast.

0.02 is default play around with it and find a speed increase you like.

dungeon
06-21-2010, 04:39
Ohh, thanks YellowBlood & TheBob

:D

yellowblood
06-21-2010, 13:33
In my maps, this value is set to 0.3, which gives the best results in my opinion (I did some tests).

marcusx
06-28-2010, 11:12
Summary maps made by Cau3t

tfdb_castle (http://team-lbc.fr/tf/maps/tfdb_castle.bsp)
tfdb_tennis (http://team-lbc.fr/tf/maps/tfdb_tennis.bsp)
tfdb_mechanicus_rc1 (http://team-lbc.fr/tf/maps/tfdb_mechanicus_rc1.bsp)
tfdb_circonvolium_b4 (http://team-lbc.fr/tf/maps/tfdb_circonvolium_b4.bsp)
tfdb_dream_island_b2 (http://team-lbc.fr/tf/maps/tfdb_dream_island_b2.bsp)

87.98.166.81:27025 FR - Les Bras Casses [Fun] DodgeBall

asherkin
06-29-2010, 18:25
Quite a few changes this time, major cleanup really.
One important thing to note is the fact you cannot just drop this in over the old, all the file names have changed.
TF2Items has been removed as a dependency.
Hopefully fixed the broken prop animations and the odd times you could end up with hands with no weapon.
I don't know if this affected the last release, but the snapshot builds have also been breaking the players netprops for quite a while, so if that affected you, I apologize.
Due to the move of the weapon handling into the ext, tf_dodgeball_logic and tf_dodgeball_rockets have been merged into a single file, along with the option to disable the auto-team join added.
That should be most of the visible changes, may have missed something though.
Also, think I may have persuaded pred to spend some time fixing his custom datamap stuff, so that is a step towards an entity that mappers can use to control settings.

----

Had some time to check out all the new maps. Cau3t, yours are particularly amazing.

I made some notes as I played, they are very short as I was in a hurry, so I hope I don't offend anyone by reposting them here. It's mostly graphical glitches, so they are all added to the first post anyway.

tfdb_mechanicus_rc1: fix lighting on poles, move spawner further into tube
tfdb_circonvolium_b4: lost track of position constantly, maybe glass centres to the panels? make the 'arms' solid, felt wierd not getting pushed by them
tfdb_dream_island_b2: some spawnpoint not clear warnings, checkerboard on spawner sphere

Ok, few more issues here, all listed below, apart from the fact that as it's based of hydro I can't add it to the OP, would really like to see radar finished though, 'twas fun.

tfdb_hydro_a2:
lots of places to hide from rockets
not sure how this is meant to work, spawn locations totally messed up
info_observer_point (obs_BLUE) couldn't find associated team entity named 'cp_BLUE'

tfdb_radar_a3.bsp:
numerous errors due to entities getting removed
fire pit broken (already noted) - maybe replace with doors bloking room
rockets spawn in mid-air - despite plently of possible spaces that would look nicer

Newsworthy
06-29-2010, 20:12
Welcome back Asherkin. :)

Since we shouldn't drop it over the old one, is there a new install method you'd recommend?

asherkin
06-29-2010, 20:52
Delete sidewinder.* from extensions, tf_dodgeball_* from plugins, drop in new files letting stuff overwrite where needed.

rmccue
06-29-2010, 21:01
Ok, few more issues here, all listed below, apart from the fact that as it's based of hydro I can't add it to the OP, would really like to see radar finished though, 'twas fun.

tfdb_hydro_a2:
not sure how this is meant to work, spawn locations totally messed up
info_observer_point (obs_BLUE) couldn't find associated team entity named 'cp_BLUE'

Indeed, Hydro was more of a test map, to see how an indoors location would work. Not sure if I'll finish it off yet though.

tfdb_radar_a3.bsp:
numerous errors due to entities getting removed
fire pit broken (already noted) - maybe replace with doors bloking room
rockets spawn in mid-air - despite plently of possible spaces that would look nicer

Yeah, I've been fixing all these up.
Firepit was using the IGNITE (IIRC) damage, which doesn't appear to work on dodgeball (probably due to the -100% fire damage trait), which is now fall damage in the next version
Indeed, I'm removing a lot more barriers in the next version. I was hoping they wouldn't be an issue, so that it could look more similar to Hydro, but alas, they've been exploited.
Next version has the rockets spawning from the doors to the fire pit, though I'm still not entirely happy with that. Any suggestions on where they should go? :)

I'm currently away from my main computer, so I can't get the next version built and uploaded yet. I should have that up in a week or so.

Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it!

asherkin
06-29-2010, 21:13
Yeah, I've been fixing all these up.
Firepit was using the IGNITE (IIRC) damage, which doesn't appear to work on dodgeball (probably due to the -100% fire damage trait), which is now fall damage in the next version
Indeed, I'm removing a lot more barriers in the next version. I was hoping they wouldn't be an issue, so that it could look more similar to Hydro, but alas, they've been exploited.
Next version has the rockets spawning from the doors to the fire pit, though I'm still not entirely happy with that. Any suggestions on where they should go? :)

2. I may be able to remove that attrib anyway, I just kind of threw a whole load on :P. A point for everyone to note here, I broke some of the attribs in the last version, I'll clean the list up and fix it soon, dodgeball still works fine though, may temporarily run out of ammo :P.

4. There is a radar dish near where you had it before, try that.

Newsworthy
06-29-2010, 23:28
Just upgraded to 1.2.0 and its working beautifully. Had to rejig cfg's that had changed, but otherwise working nicely. :)

One of our maps that caused rockets to no longer spawn on maps following is now fixed. Great news for us. :)

marcusx
06-30-2010, 08:16
Update to 1.2 server still planting :/

asherkin
06-30-2010, 08:29
Crashing? Got any dumps?

marcusx
06-30-2010, 08:53
Then

The server crash when I use a cvar through hlsw "no matter what the"
The server crashes when we blast the rockets.

I had to go back in v1.1: /

marcusx
06-30-2010, 09:19
Ohh damnnn I'm fucking noob i've forget to delete sidewinder extention -_-

Server is now run

asherkin
07-01-2010, 16:01
Woo, more updates.

Removed automatic config file creation, as it misses quite a few cvars now.
Made the plugin autoload the extension instead of requiring an autoload file.
Changed how sm_dodgeball_enabled is handled in the plugin, now controls all aspects instead of only rocket spawning.
Fixed the extension not obeying the value of sm_dodgeball_enabled.

Make sure to remove tfdodgeball.autoload from addons/sourcemod/extensions
I also advise delteing any dodgeball related config files from cfg/sourcemod and putting the cvars somewhere else.

Now sm_dodgeball_enabled is handled properly, you can put sm_dodgeball_enabled 0 in server.cfg and sm_dodgeball_enabled 1 in map specific config files for your dodgeball maps and it'll work properly now.

Eternal Rebel
07-01-2010, 21:40
so this no longer requires TF2 Items?
and could you possibly give a step by step explanation of what to add to the map in order for this to work?.....as in entities because I looked at ur example maps and there are errors on all of them stating there is NO dodgeball_spawner. What exactly do you have to add and/or do?

StrelokAU
07-02-2010, 06:16
http://i.imgur.com/vABYV.jpg
A new map for you all to enjoy, and it's Harvest Event in Dodgeball form! I've had this map sitting on Newsworthy's server for a long time now, unable to be played because of the entity bug. But now that its fixed I can actually release to the public.

Just a few notes, it is the 4th Alpha of the map whist they're aren't any huge problems with it you might run into some minor glitches. But the only one I've found is that sometimes the ghost won't appear for a whole round or two. Other than that it is completely playable. I would only recommend it for a 16-18 player server. Anything too high and the map might seem a tad bit cramped.

Other than that, let me know if you run into any problems and have fun! You can grab the map here (http://rapidshare.com/files/404449176/tfdb_harvest_event_a4.7z.html).

asherkin
07-02-2010, 08:43
so this no longer requires TF2 Items?
and could you possibly give a step by step explanation of what to add to the map in order for this to work?.....as in entities because I looked at ur example maps and there are errors on all of them stating there is NO dodgeball_spawner. What exactly do you have to add and/or do?

Two or more info_target entities with the targetname rocket_spawn_blue and rocket_spawn_red depending on team. Rockets are spawned at the info_target's location facing towards the angles.

Newsworthy
07-04-2010, 07:31
Guys, I've got a critical bug that I need someone else to test, to see if its just my dodgeball server or not.

If someone spawns as a pyro, then changes class to a spy before the round starts, the server crashes. I have no idea why.

Could someone else with a TFDB server test this for me please? Many thanks. :)

On another matter, I can confirm that Streloks map kicks arse, and is a lot of fun with the ghost. :)

asherkin
07-04-2010, 12:55
Could someone else with a TFDB server test this for me please? Many thanks. :)

Does this only happen with the latest update or also with previous versions?

yellowblood
07-04-2010, 19:25
Hey all, I created a plugin for dodgeball - it's calld "Few Good Men".

Basically it manages balancing in dodgeball. If a team is winning X rounds in a row, then a player from the winning team will move to the losing team. It means that if someone is really pro, he can find himself playing against 16 players all alone. It adds much taste to the mode, and we already have it running on the Israeli dodgeball server.

You can download the plugin here (http://www.sendspace.com/file/usfzpa) (version 0.3). Just throw it in the plugins folder of SourceMod.

Summary of my maps

Download all of my maps through here (http://www.sendspace.com/file/lbjrb2)

All of my maps are single-rocket with full damage, running on arena mode.

tfdb_octagon_a5 - Simple map in space - octagon shape!
tfdb_spacebox - Simple map in space - it's a box!
tfdb_float_a2 - Try not to fall :)
tfdb_baseball_a3 - My first map, a huge baseball court - reaching high speed rockets is easy on this one
tfdb_rows_a2 - Shooting rockets from spaceships. Well, from rows on spaceships. It's, interesting.

Credits

meatpopsicle (http://forums.tf2maps.net/member.php?u=79) for the SpaceBase textures (http://forums.tf2maps.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=908)!

VelvetFistIronGlove (http://forums.tf2maps.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=3001) for the space skybox!

Wonchop and Weebl, creators of the Narwhals awesome flash clip (http://www.weebls-stuff.com/songs/Narwhals/) :)

Have fun.

Should be noted that all of my maps change the dodgeball cvars, and, in some rare cases, may effect other maps. Though, to be honest, it's not necessarily a bad thing :P

Newsworthy
07-04-2010, 20:11
Does this only happen with the latest update or also with previous versions?
It has definitely only started happening in the last two weeks. I've installed a class restriction plugin which I hoped would stop people choosing classes they're not supposed to, but I notice my server crashed again at 0230 this morning...

I think I'm on 1.2.0, not 1.2.1 though...

marcusx
07-05-2010, 11:07
Hello
I identify a problem quite boring. On some maps you can choose the class that wants to have. Requiring the use of a class restriction

TheBob
07-06-2010, 04:36
Hello
I identify a problem quite boring. On some maps you can choose the class that wants to have. Requiring the use of a class restriction
You could add a class restriction plug in yourself.

Eternal Rebel
07-08-2010, 00:08
I am wondering if you can set the rocket spawns to function when a button is used/pressed/damaged for maps that have like no time limit and multiple areas for different types of game play ???

Newsworthy
07-08-2010, 22:19
The Engineer updates seems to have broken my dodgeball server. :( Crashes after one minute.

yellowblood
07-09-2010, 05:37
The Engineer updates seems to have broken my dodgeball server. :( Crashes after one minute.

Why would anyone want to play dodgeball when you can play in other servers with 8 engineers vs 8 engineers?

MadMakz
07-09-2010, 05:56
yup, it's broken. doesn't crash for me but the "ammo" doesn't get restocked anymore :(
SM 1.3.3, MMS 1.8.2

Why would anyone want to play dodgeball when you can play in other servers with 8 engineers vs 8 engineers?
why would anyone play 8 engineers vs 8 engineers when you can play in other servers dodgeball?
:roll:

Nitocris
07-09-2010, 06:31
my issue is that the server runs fine until someone tries to join then it restarts. And it keeps restarting everytime someone joins

asherkin
07-09-2010, 07:27
More reports of crashes with no details are not needed at this time, I will be fixing any offsets asap, but if there are other issues there isn't a lot I can do while on holiday.

If you have more info than "it crashes", feel free to post here or PM me, I just wan to avoid pages of "It's broken" spam.

EDIT:
"Games"
{
"#default"
{
"Offsets"
{
"FVisible"
{
"windows" "139"
"linux" "139"
}
"Teleport"
{
"windows" "105"
"linux" "106"
}
"Spawn"
{
"windows" "21"
"linux" "22"
}
"UpdateOnRemove"
{
"windows" "102"
"linux" "103"
}
"Think"
{
"windows" "45"
"linux" "46"
}
"OnTakeDamage"
{
"windows" "60"
"linux" "61"
}
"AcceptInput"
{
"windows" "34"
"linux" "35"
}
"PlayerRunCmd"
{
"windows" "403"
"linux" "404"
}
"GetDataDescMap"
{
"windows" "11"
"linux" "12"
}
"StartTouch"
{
"windows" "95"
"linux" "96"
}
"Touch"
{
"windows" "96"
"linux" "97"
}
"EndTouch"
{
"windows" "97"
"linux" "98"
}
"GetServerVehicle"
{
"windows" "86"
"linux" "87"
}
"StudioFrameAdvance"
{
"windows" "185"
"linux" "186"
}
"LeaveVehicle"
{
"windows" "378"
"linux" "379"
}
"VPhysicsTakeDamage"
{
"windows" "154"
"linux" "155"
}
"VPhysicsGetObjectList"
{
"windows" "160"
"linux" "161"
}
"GiveNamedItem"
{
"windows" "452"
"linux" "459"
}
"RemovePlayerItem"
{
"windows" "260"
"linux" "260"
}
"Weapon_GetSlot"
{
"windows" "257"
"linux" "258"
}
"GetClientEyeAngles"
{
"windows" "128"
"linux" "129"
}
"Weapon_Equip"
{
"windows" "250"
"linux" "251"
}
"PreThink"
{
"windows" "320"
"linux" "321"
}
"PostThink"
{
"windows" "321"
"linux" "322"
}
"WeaponSwitch"
{
"windows" "253"
"linux" "254"
}
"CanSpeakVoiceCommand"
{
"windows" "441"
"linux" "442"
}
"IsReadyToSpawn"
{
"windows" "418"
"linux" "419"
}
"OnTakeDamage_Alive"
{
"windows" "261"
"linux" "262"
}
"Jump"
{
"windows" "318"
"linux" "319"
}
"ProcessUserCmds"
{
"windows" "402"
"linux" "403"
}
"GetSoundEmissionOrigin"
{
"windows" "147"
"linux" "148"
}
"ForceRespawn"
{
"windows" "313"
"linux" "314"
}
}
}

/* EntityFactoryDictionary function */
"#default"
{
"Signatures"
{
"EntityFactory"
{
"library" "server"
"windows" "\xB8\x01\x00\x00\x00\x84\x2A\x2A\x2A\x2A\x2A\ x75\x1D\x09\x2A\x2A\x2A\x2A\x2A\xB9\x2A\x2A\x 2A\x2A\xE8\x2A\x2A\x2A\x2A\x68\x2A\x2A\x2A\x2 A\xE8\x2A\x2A\x2A\x2A\x83\xC4\x04\xB8\x2A\x2A \x2A\x2A\xC3"
"linux" "@_Z23EntityFactoryDictionaryv"
}
"FireOutput"
{
"library" "server"
"windows" "\x81\xEC\x1C\x01\x00\x00\x53\x55\x56\x8B\x71\ x14\x85\xF6"
"linux" "@_ZN17CBaseEntityOutput10FireOutputE9variant_ tP11CBaseEntityS2_f"
}
"TakeDamage"
{
"library" "server"
"windows" "\x83\xEC\x5C\x57\x8B\xF9\x8B\x0D\x2A\x2A\x2A\ x2A\x85\xC9\x0F\x84\x94\x01\x00\x00"
"linux" "@_ZN11CBaseEntity10TakeDamageERK15CTakeDamage Info"
}
"PhysIsInCallback"
{
"library" "server"
"windows" "\x8B\x0D\x2A\x2A\x2A\x2A\x85\xC9\x74\x0E\x8B\ x01\x8B\x90\x8C\x00\x00\x00\xFF\xD2\x84\xC0\x 75\x09\x83\x3D\x2A\x2A\x2A\x2A\x00\x7E\x03\xB 0\x01\xC3"
"linux" "@_Z16PhysIsInCallbackv"
}
}
}
}

Try these offsets, replace the contents of centity.offsets.txt

MadMakz
07-09-2010, 08:27
works like a charm! thanks alot! :)

Nitocris
07-09-2010, 11:04
The fix works, thanks heaps. Sorry i could elaborate more but the server wasn't creating logs properly, it'd get the first line of the config and then stop.

Newsworthy
07-09-2010, 12:04
That fix worked for me as well. I'm sorry I was so vague in my 'crash report' Asherkin. fantastic work on this fix. :)

FredJed223
07-15-2010, 17:57
Having a few issues with this.

1.) Ammo is set to 200, but still regenerates slowly.

2.) Players get all weapons, although they do no damage.

3.) Rockets stop spawning, at random points during maps. (I can still spawn them manually though)

Thanks

asherkin
07-15-2010, 18:43
1.) Ammo is set to 200, but still regenerates slowly.
This happened a while back, I'm not sure if it's something Valve broke or me, not very high priority to track down at the moment. Is it causing an issue?
2.) Players get all weapons, although they do no damage.
I initially had the same issue, was fixed after updating the offsets after the engineer update and hasn't reappeared since.
3.) Rockets stop spawning, at random points during maps. (I can still spawn them manually though)
Got any specific maps or detailed steps to reproduce? Any errors in the logs?

yellowblood
07-15-2010, 19:28
there's indeed a rare bug where rockets just stop spawning. I saw it on some of my maps and I'm not sure if I saw them in any other maps. So it's a question of blaming the mapper or blaming the modder :)

FredJed223, on which maps did it happen?

FredJed223
07-15-2010, 19:34
The ammo thing is not really a huge issue. I must have missed the post about that one.

I updated the offsets again, I'll see if it helps.

And here are some errors from the log:

EDIT: Yellowblood, it happens on any map. If I manually spawn a few, sometime it starts firing again.

L 07/15/2010 - 01:16:01: SourceMod error session started
L 07/15/2010 - 01:16:01: Info (map "tfdb_octagon_a3") (file "errors_20100715.log")
L 07/15/2010 - 01:16:01: [TFDB] [CENTITY] Failed lookup of prop m_fFlags on entity worldspawn
L 07/15/2010 - 01:26:25: Error log file session closed.
L 07/15/2010 - 01:53:53: SourceMod error session started
L 07/15/2010 - 01:53:53: Info (map "tfdb_baseball_a3") (file "errors_20100715.log")
L 07/15/2010 - 01:53:53: [SM] Native "GetClientIP" reported: Client 7 is not connected
L 07/15/2010 - 01:53:53: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "rcon_lock.smx":
L 07/15/2010 - 01:53:53: [SM] [0] Line 335, /home/groups/alliedmodders/forums/files/7/2/43224.attach::HalfConnected()
L 07/15/2010 - 01:59:15: Error log file session closed.
L 07/15/2010 - 02:55:12: SourceMod error session started
L 07/15/2010 - 02:55:12: Info (map "tfdb_octagon_a3") (file "errors_20100715.log")
L 07/15/2010 - 02:55:12: [TFDB] [CENTITY] Failed lookup of prop m_fFlags on entity worldspawn
L 07/15/2010 - 03:02:36: Error log file session closed.
L 07/15/2010 - 03:03:22: SourceMod error session started
L 07/15/2010 - 03:03:22: Info (map "tfdb_octagon_a3") (file "errors_20100715.log")
L 07/15/2010 - 03:03:22: [TFDB] [CENTITY] Failed lookup of prop m_fFlags on entity worldspawn
L 07/15/2010 - 03:11:35: Error log file session closed.
L 07/15/2010 - 10:00:12: SourceMod error session started
L 07/15/2010 - 10:00:12: Info (map "tfdb_octagon_a3") (file "errors_20100715.log")
L 07/15/2010 - 10:00:12: [TFDB] [CENTITY] Failed lookup of prop m_fFlags on entity worldspawn
L 07/15/2010 - 10:05:19: Error log file session closed.
L 07/15/2010 - 13:23:12: SourceMod error session started
L 07/15/2010 - 13:23:12: Info (map "tfdb_octagon_a3") (file "errors_20100715.log")
L 07/15/2010 - 13:23:12: [TFDB] [CENTITY] Failed lookup of prop m_fFlags on entity worldspawn
L 07/15/2010 - 13:29:17: Error log file session closed.
L 07/15/2010 - 13:47:03: SourceMod error session started
L 07/15/2010 - 13:47:03: Info (map "tfdb_octagon_a3") (file "errors_20100715.log")
L 07/15/2010 - 13:47:03: [TFDB] [CENTITY] Failed lookup of prop m_fFlags on entity worldspawn
L 07/15/2010 - 14:24:22: Error log file session closed.
L 07/15/2010 - 16:29:35: SourceMod error session started
L 07/15/2010 - 16:29:35: Info (map "tfdb_octagon_a3") (file "errors_20100715.log")
L 07/15/2010 - 16:29:35: [TFDB] [CENTITY] Failed lookup of prop m_fFlags on entity worldspawn
L 07/15/2010 - 16:35:54: Error log file session closed.
L 07/15/2010 - 16:36:31: SourceMod error session started
L 07/15/2010 - 16:36:31: Info (map "tfdb_octagon_a3") (file "errors_20100715.log")
L 07/15/2010 - 16:36:31: [TFDB] [CENTITY] Failed lookup of prop m_fFlags on entity worldspawn
L 07/15/2010 - 16:42:34: Error log file session closed.
L 07/15/2010 - 17:01:27: SourceMod error session started
L 07/15/2010 - 17:01:27: Info (map "tfdb_octagon_a3") (file "errors_20100715.log")
L 07/15/2010 - 17:01:27: [TFDB] [CENTITY] Failed lookup of prop m_fFlags on entity worldspawn
L 07/15/2010 - 17:09:16: Error log file session closed.
L 07/15/2010 - 17:15:37: SourceMod error session started
L 07/15/2010 - 17:15:37: Info (map "tfdb_octagon_a5") (file "errors_20100715.log")
L 07/15/2010 - 17:15:37: [jukebox.smx] Unknown error has corrupted reported track playtime. Aborting...
L 07/15/2010 - 17:19:08: Error log file session closed.
L 07/15/2010 - 17:53:12: SourceMod error session started
L 07/15/2010 - 17:53:12: Info (map "tfdb_octagon_a3") (file "errors_20100715.log")
L 07/15/2010 - 17:53:12: [TFDB] [CENTITY] Failed lookup of prop m_fFlags on entity worldspawn
L 07/15/2010 - 18:08:21: Error log file session closed.
L 07/15/2010 - 18:23:17: SourceMod error session started
L 07/15/2010 - 18:23:17: Info (map "tfdb_octagon_a3") (file "errors_20100715.log")
L 07/15/2010 - 18:23:17: [TFDB] [CENTITY] Failed lookup of prop m_fFlags on entity worldspawn
L 07/15/2010 - 18:24:07: SourceMod error session started
L 07/15/2010 - 18:24:07: Info (map "tfdb_octagon_a3") (file "errors_20100715.log")
L 07/15/2010 - 18:24:07: [TFDB] [CENTITY] Failed lookup of prop m_fFlags on entity worldspawn

yellowblood
07-16-2010, 06:04
The log you just posted contains only my maps (octagon, baseball)...

In my maps the rockets stop when the round ends and starts again when the round starts. Maybe it has something to do with it.

BTW you should delete octagon_a3 from your server and leave octagon_a5 only.

TheBob
07-17-2010, 03:49
Yellowblood. I was wondering if you could post the settings like rocket speed and such of your maps so I can have some consistency between maps and to be honest I like your settings more than the ones I am coming up with.

yellowblood
07-17-2010, 06:29
I know what you mean :)

sm_dodgeball_basedamage 80
sm_dodgeball_maxrockets 1
sm_dodgeball_speedmul 0.4
sm_dodgeball_reflectinc 0.3
sm_dodgeball_spawninterval 2
sm_dodgeball_criticals 1
sm_dodgeball_enabled 1
sm_dodgeball_weaponparticle 0
tf_arena_use_queue 0
mp_bonusroundtime 5
sm_dodgeball_turnrate 0.9

In bigger maps (baseball) I increased the starting speed, sm_dodgeball_speedmul , but the reflectinc is always the same.

Nitocris
07-17-2010, 08:21
Hi,

I've been having issues with the mod since the updates. The fix posted earlier fixed the server crashing on connect, however now at random times, people are being kicked on round start.

››D°P‹‹ Aztek has been idle for too long and has been kicked
››D°P‹‹ Aztek has been idle for too long and has been kicked
Disconnect: Kicked by Console.
Disconnect: Kicked by Console.

not sure what is causing this but it won't go away until the server crashes or restarts.

i was running SM 1.3.2 and MM:S 1.8.1 when it started occurring and have since updated to 1.3.3 and 1.8.2 respectively to try and fix the problem but it didn't. This can happen on any of the maps at any time.

I am running 2 others servers with identical configuration w/o TFDodgeball and SDK HOOKS

Cheers Aztek

TheBob
07-17-2010, 08:27
Thank you.

Nitocris
07-18-2010, 05:37
as an update to my previous post, i have disabled all other SM addons

18:00:45 sm plugins list
18:00:46 [SM] Listing 1 plugin:
01 "TFDodgeball" (1.2.1) by Asherkin

this is my metamod addons

18:01:34 meta list
18:01:34 Listing 6 plugins:
[01] SourceMod (1.3.3) by AlliedModders LLC
[02] TF2 Tools (1.3.3) by AlliedModders LLC
[03] BinTools (1.3.3) by AlliedModders LLC
[04] SDK Hooks (1.3.0) by Tsunami
[05] SDK Tools (1.3.3) by AlliedModders LLC
[06] TFDodgeball (1.2.1) by Asherkin (based on work by pRED*)

on the maps tfdb_baseball_a3, tfdb_float_a2, tfdb_spacebox_a1, tfdb_rows_a2, tfdb_octagon_a5 clients keep getting kicked because they are idle for too long. If sv_timeout and mp_idlemaxtime are set to 0 and mp_idledealmethod is set to 1 then players are getting kicked as soon as they join the map. If sv_timeout and mp_idlemaxtime are set to >0 and mp_idledealmethod is set to 1 then players are getting kicked when countdown finishes and the round starts.

Once this effect is started it affects all maps, and requires a restart for it to clear.

Hope this helps.

Aztek

yellowblood
07-18-2010, 14:25
Nitocris, you listed all of my maps. Did you have the server running with these maps before the Engineer update, or before the last dodgeball mod update?

Nitocris
07-18-2010, 21:59
no, we did not have these maps running before the engy update, and we've been running the Dodgeball release 1.2.1 the whole time, with the exception of adding the fix when the engy update came out.

slate_chris
07-23-2010, 07:50
Hey,

first off, great plugin.

I'm having a problem with turning it on and off though.

It was stated in this thread, that sm_dodgeball_enabled "0"; in server.cfg and sm_dodgeball_enabled "1" in the specific map-config should work.
Everything works as long as I run"normal" maps, however once a Dodgeball map has been active and I switch to a regular map again Pyros don't take any damage from anything but explosions and they can't ignite anyone and other players take 1 damage from the flamethrower when u hit them once.

I have tried unloading all related plugins/extensions in the server.cfg along with the setting sm_dodgeball_enabled 0, but it didn't help...once a dodgeball map has been active there seems to be or I couldn't find a way to fix it without restarting the Server.

Also the rockets don't do any damage if they haven't been reflected once.
I've tested this on tfdb_tennis and tfdb_baseball_a3 can anyone confirm this or am I doing something wrong?

-slate

Newsworthy
07-23-2010, 11:38
Hey,

first off, great plugin.

I'm having a problem with turning it on and off though.

It was stated in this thread, that sm_dodgeball_enabled "0"; in server.cfg and sm_dodgeball_enabled "1" in the specific map-config should work.
Everything works as long as I run"normal" maps, however once a Dodgeball map has been active and I switch to a regular map again Pyros don't take any damage from anything but explosions and they can't ignite anyone and other players take 1 damage from the flamethrower when u hit them once.

I have tried unloading all related plugins/extensions in the server.cfg along with the setting sm_dodgeball_enabled 0, but it didn't help...once a dodgeball map has been active there seems to be or I couldn't find a way to fix it without restarting the Server.

Also the rockets don't do any damage if they haven't been reflected once.
I've tested this on tfdb_tennis and tfdb_baseball_a3 can anyone confirm this or am I doing something wrong?

-slate
This really is a 'stand-alone' mod, you shouldn't be running normal maps with it... Stick to the TFDB maps only and everything works fine. It's not really designed to be switched on and off...

Rads
07-23-2010, 11:46
works well we run db server 24/7 had not problems at all

slate_chris
07-23-2010, 13:55
This really is a 'stand-alone' mod, you shouldn't be running normal maps with it... Stick to the TFDB maps only and everything works fine. It's not really designed to be switched on and off...

I don't get why there is a sm_dodgeball_enabled cvar then.

asherkin
07-23-2010, 16:27

Lies :P.
It's is designed to be controlable, I've been fixing bugs with it as they have been reported.

I know the cause of this bug (it only affects the base flamethrower, not people using the backburner), I fixed it in TF2Items yesterday, I'll add the same patch to TFDodgeball asap.

hhenri
07-24-2010, 11:32
Hey man, maybe you can do dodgeball that doesn't require any extensions?

Because the extensions are negatively affecting the other mods, please.

Please, I beg you!
I'm about to open a server to cover the entire South America. The server will have several minigames. And the mods are TF2WARE favorite, dodgeball, PROPHUNT. If you do not help me, will not exist server south america. Please man: (

Newsworthy
07-24-2010, 12:06
Lies :P.
It's is designed to be controlable, I've been fixing bugs with it as they have been reported.

I know the cause of this bug (it only affects the base flamethrower, not people using the backburner), I fixed it in TF2Items yesterday, I'll add the same patch to TFDodgeball asap.
Well, shut my mouth. :P

Sorry, I thought earlier on it was recommended that you NOT run anything but TFDB.

asherkin
07-24-2010, 13:17
Hey man, maybe you can do dodgeball that doesn't require any extensions?

Because the extensions are negatively affecting the other mods, please.

Please, I beg you!
I'm about to open a server to cover the entire South America. The server will have several minigames. And the mods are TF2WARE favorite, dodgeball, PROPHUNT. If you do not help me, will not exist server south america. Please man: (

Just use the sm_dodgeball_enabled cvar, as you can see from the last few posts I am currently fixing any bugs related to running a non-24/7 TFDB server. If you have had any issues not yet reported, you need to say what they are so they can be fixed.

Well, shut my mouth. :P

Sorry, I thought earlier on it was recommended that you NOT run anything but TFDB.
I may have done, sm_dodgeball_enabled didn't exactly do a whole lot in the early versions :P.

hhenri
07-24-2010, 14:54
My English is weak.
Is there a possibility that you add me on msn or on Steam so I try to explain to you what happens?
MSN: [email protected]
Steam: henrihioni
Please man

asherkin
07-24-2010, 14:59
My English is weak.
Is there a possibility that you add me on msn or on Steam so I try to explain to you what happens?

You can join #tf2items @ irc.gamesurge.net (https://www.mibbit.com/chat/?url=irc://webirc.gamesurge.net:6007/tf2items) if you need any help with the plugin, I'm active there most of the time.

Just click the link to join, I'll be online for the next 5 hours atleast.

Sexual Harassment Panda
08-03-2010, 03:54
Just an FYI, I know other people are having a similar problem (in terms of not being able to use the server with this plugin turned off when it's installed), but this plugin corrupted my tf2 install when i tried to disable it. I had to re-install from scratch.

asherkin
08-03-2010, 07:35
This plugin contains no filesystem access code, that is totally impossible.
Btw, all issues that have been reported with sm_dodgeball_enabled have been fixed. If you know of any others, let me know.

Sexual Harassment Panda
08-03-2010, 18:29
I tried again, and I'm getting this error:
L 08/03/2010 - 14:17:38: [TFDB] [CENTITY] Failed lookup of prop m_fFlags on entity worldspawn
Edit: I think it has something to do with the fact that tfdb wasn't disabled at first.

asherkin
08-03-2010, 18:53
That 'error' is just a quirk of the source engine, it's nothing to worry about. You say it crashed, got any dumps?

Sexual Harassment Panda
08-03-2010, 19:38
no dumps, i don't have access to that folder atm for some reason, I'm gong to have to change that. Also, the crashes were from another plugin, not your fault. I have it running perfectly with prophunt too. awesome job.

Edit: Certain weapons don't work after mapchange. and some people are invincible.

TheBob
08-09-2010, 05:16
I'm also trying to run prophunt and dodgeball. I just switched over my server and now I can't for the life of me get the cvars to work, like sm_dodgeball_maxrockets. They just use default ones. I have put the cvars in config_arena.cfg, the map configs, and server.cfg. No matter what I do it uses the default.
Edit: Nm forgot that dodgeball generates a config. Fixed now. I'm a noob.

asherkin
08-09-2010, 08:34
Edit: Nm forgot that dodgeball generates a config. Fixed now. I'm a noob.

1.2.1 should not generate (or execute it if it exists from an earlier version) it's own config file, I removed it due to so many cvars missing. It's totally possible I messed up with compiling it though before the release :3.

In regard to the people having the issue that the weapon is still edited even when the plugin is disabled, I fixed this a while back but I can't do a build for Windows until next week.

TheInFecT
08-09-2010, 19:05
For those who have the "countdown freeze bug" when the counter goes down 00:00, but the map doesn't start... there are two cvars that fixes this issue;

mp_waitingforplayers_cancel 1
mp_waitingforplayers_restart 1

this isn't a Dodgeball fault, it's a Valve's TF2 bug.

gigabyte128
08-09-2010, 19:07
Im trying to do this: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1266738&posted=1#post1266738 but dodgeball won't enable?

Regarding crashes 60% of the time the entire server will crash as the dodgeball game starts, on the arcane_large_v1 map the "gate" opens 1/4 the way then it crashes, it also crashes when someone joins. If you want dumps tell me how to get them please/.

TheBob
08-09-2010, 22:49
Gigabyte. They way I got prophunt and dodgeball running on my server is setting all the cvars in server.cfg. Including sm_dodgeball_enabled "1"

On the mapname.cfgs I have whatever mods I don't want running disabled in there. Look at this pic of my server.cfg and a dodgeball maps config. All these should be in tf/cfg folder.

http://a.**************/img697/1653/cleann.png

Doing it the other way around doesn't disable a mod when it goes to the next map and usually crashes. Setting everything up this way I've not had any issues.

goodBEan
08-09-2010, 22:56
Could you add an unlimited ammo cvar to the plugin? I have seen matches where sombody one only because the other player ran out of ammo.

asherkin
08-09-2010, 22:59
You have to be spamming like hell to actually run out of ammo, I'm going to try and find out whats wrong with the ammo increase to 800 in my next debugging session though.

TheBob
08-09-2010, 23:26
I have seen it to. It's when you have like 5 rockets and it goes down to one on one of the teams and the other team gets close they end up with a lot of rockets coming at them. It is a rare occasion, but it does happen.

gigabyte128
08-10-2010, 00:34
Gigabyte. They way I got prophunt and dodgeball running on my server is setting all the cvars in server.cfg. Including sm_dodgeball_enabled "1"

On the mapname.cfgs I have whatever mods I don't want running disabled in there. Look at this pic of my server.cfg and a dodgeball maps config. All these should be in tf/cfg folder.

http://a.**************/img697/1653/cleann.png

Doing it the other way around doesn't disable a mod when it goes to the next map and usually crashes. Setting everything up this way I've not had any issues.

Its still screwing up, dustbowl will be fine functioning in normal cp or melee mode with it's map config having dodgeball off, load the dodgeball map and I can pick any class without being forced to pyro, as well as no rockets are fired. But the crashes stopped when the gate opens.

With all the cvars in server.cfg none of them work at all, if there was a way to get rid of the plugin specific .cfgs in the sourcemod folder...

gigabyte128
08-10-2010, 04:20
Had to change to the other dodgeball plugin that I just found thats posted at alliedmods.net as well, in order to get dodgeball and other maps working together without interference.

TheBob
08-10-2010, 05:46
Glad to hear everything is working now. Also you can just delete everything in the dodgeball config in the sourcemod folder. Don't delete the file though or it will remake itself.
Asherkin posted above that the auto generated config shouldn't be in there anymore so I'm sure next update it will be gone for good.

TheBob
08-10-2010, 22:56
Ok need some help here. Finally playtesting on full server and it keeps crashing during dodgeball maps. Not sure what it is that is doing it. This is the error I keep getting

L 08/10/2010 - 21:50:14: SourceMod error session started
L 08/10/2010 - 21:50:14: Info (map "ph_lumberyard_a2") (file "errors_20100810.log")
L 08/10/2010 - 21:50:14: [TFDB] [CENTITY] Failed lookup of prop m_fFlags on entity worldspawn

Lumberyard is the defualt map, but it is always happening on a dodgeball map.

yellowblood
08-14-2010, 06:20
TheBob, your signature (from engy.us) makes Chrome alert about this page. Please remove it.

TheBob
08-16-2010, 17:12
Sorry for that. I have used that sig for like 5 years. I have had to go to all the forums I use and remove it.

Arcanus
08-20-2010, 13:59
The plugin is quite fun and as someone who ran sidewinder I'm glad the extension turned into something better.

Question: Is it the case that rockets don't do damage until they've been reflected at least once?

Also, we've been able to reliably crash the server by switching to spy during the humiliation period. Is this preventable?

Vaskituh
08-20-2010, 17:48
Hello,

I have installed everything properly, and it says the plugin is loaded and all, but whenever i change to a tfdb map nothing happens, the pyro loses HP with enemy attacks, everyone can choose any class, and there are no rockets.. :(

Can anyone help me ?

asherkin
08-20-2010, 21:04
1.2.2 has been released.

Fixes:

Crash on changing to spy.
Edits to weapons persisting.

Todo:

Fix the issue to do with rockets not causing damage before a reflect.
Return the ammo count to 800.
Lotsa features, just still too busy. :3

TheBob
08-21-2010, 02:17
Oh cool. I have been using a class limit plugin to fix that crash.

marcusx
08-21-2010, 05:37
Greats Jobs :D

Vaskituh
08-21-2010, 07:35
Can someone help me ?