PDA

View Full Version : How good is HL Rally?

BigBaller
04-21-2004, 02:57
Just as the title says, how good is HL Rally?

PM
04-21-2004, 03:11
I like it ;)

QwertyAccess
04-21-2004, 03:18
i like it except for the ftp drops.
edit FPS drops not ftp.

BigBaller
04-21-2004, 05:04
I am curoius on how they took the HL Engine and made a racing game from a FPS (first person shooter) lol.

I am downloading it now, going to check it out in a hour or so :D

INFaMouS
04-21-2004, 10:18
What the hell is HL Rally?

AssKicR
04-21-2004, 11:56
http://www.hlrally.net

Hangman5386
04-21-2004, 11:57
http://www.hlrally.net/ :)

I really like it ... but I'm best at gt_speedtest or whatever the name of that map is ... don't like the other modes that much. :) But they're great, too!

ArtAttack
04-21-2004, 12:10
i love this mod.
almost similar to an expensive rally game

RPRaiden
04-23-2004, 18:19
ill have to try it out!
Iremember hearing something about someone working there leaving and stealing parts of there code.

IceMouse[WrG]
04-23-2004, 18:36
No player->player collisions really takes away from the game, though

RPRaiden
04-23-2004, 18:54
huh? was the player collision stolen or are you just saying ? :mrgreen:

|2ob
04-24-2004, 15:55
i want to hit my friends :(

kind of stupid that u cant bash someone out of the way so you can pass them :) i want my friends to fly!! it would be cool if the cars could roll too, like if you hit a turn sideways and a wheel catches a rock or something :)

RPRaiden
04-26-2004, 14:02
it takes a while to get used to the manual gears.

BigBaller
04-26-2004, 20:03
Yea, your not able to hit other players and cause crashes really takes away from the game.

FlyingMongoose
04-26-2004, 21:29
I've never really researched the vehicles, however, to pull out of a slide in a front wheel vehicle you are suppose to turn the wheel in the opposite direction of your slde and accelerate (see Gran Turismo 3 for more realistic versions of what I'm saying :P ), that will pull you out of your slide, and you should be able to regain control, however, in this mod it doesn't happen...on ANY of the vehicles, am I to assume every vehicle in this mod is rear wheel drive? and if it is, doing the same thing would cause the slide to switch drections. The physics for a game like this in the HL engine yes are very very hard, however, I expected much more out of it. Seeing as it's been in development 4 years.

other than that, I enjoy it :P

|2ob
04-27-2004, 00:27
I've never really researched the vehicles, however, to pull out of a slide in a front wheel vehicle you are suppose to turn the wheel in the opposite direction of your slde and accelerate (see Gran Turismo 3 for more realistic versions of what I'm saying :P ), that will pull you out of your slide, and you should be able to regain control, however, in this mod it doesn't happen...on ANY of the vehicles, am I to assume every vehicle in this mod is rear wheel drive? and if it is, doing the same thing would cause the slide to switch drections. The physics for a game like this in the HL engine yes are very very hard, however, I expected much more out of it. Seeing as it's been in development 4 years.

other than that, I enjoy it :P

TRY it in a real car, go on a gravel/ice road, turn real hard, hold down the gas, TRY to correct, and see if you make it. (you wont unless its a little slide.. unlike the game :P)