PDA

View Full Version : The invisible wall

DrWagstaff
05-12-2010, 02:21
Hi guys. I have to say, I really enjoy your plugin Kigen. Takes a lot of the "arbitrator administrator" stuff off of my hands. Love it. I had a guy who was constantly a loudmouth ass, he was cool in a way, but eh, just too good and too troll-y. I thought he was doing way too well one day, so I installed your plugin. Lo and behold, it banned him for cheating within seconds. :) Now I can just point at the plugin and be like "Argue with the code, man!"

I seem to be having a problem, however. A few players have reported an issue where an opponent will be invisible at a certain distance, then upon closing the distance gap, the enemy will become visible suddenly. Picture an enemy standing on the arena cap point, shooting at you, and you not seeing it until you ran closer to him. Very uncool. I don't know if it has anything to do with your plugin, but it just started the day I started using your plugin, so maybe it's a bug in your code or the way something else is reacting to your anticheat.

If anyone is aware of this issue, or how to fix it, I would be immensely grateful. Your plugin is a great tool.

Also, I don't have the wallhacking module enabled just because it seemed to do a few odd things concerning player ping. Just figured that tidbit could help in diagnosing what in your plugin may be causing the issue (if anything).

Thanks for your work Kigen.

Kigen
05-12-2010, 07:50
Type kac_status and post what it says please. :)

Anyhow, does this invisible at a distance exist when KAC isn't enabled? The only thing that can alter a person's visibility in KAC is the Anti-Wallhack feature.

DrWagstaff
05-12-2010, 18:37
Kigen's Anti-Cheat Status Report
Client Module: On
Client Name Protection: On
Command Spam Protection: On
Command Protection: On
CVars Detection: On
Eye Test: On
Anti-Wallhack: On
Network: On
RCON Crash Prevention: Off

I only recently enabled the anti wallhacking btw, the behavior was observed when I had wallhacking off. So perhaps it's something else?

PStar
05-17-2010, 02:19
This is a know bug of Anti-Wallhack.
Turn it off.

DrWagstaff
05-17-2010, 06:22
I only recently enabled the anti wallhacking btw, the behavior was observed when I had wallhacking off. So perhaps it's something else?

:(