PDA

View Full Version : Crash problems

OoOpeterOoO
04-20-2010, 17:08
I've been getting many issues with this, crash's after crash's after crash's

Firstly, the overlay when a team wins caused the server to crash
Secondly, the napalm nades caused the server to crash
Thirdly, someone being zombified caused the server to crash...

rhelgeby
04-20-2010, 20:39
Sounds like something is wrong on your server, because we don't have crash issues with any of those issues you mentioned. How come you're so sure the crash is caused by ZR?

What version are you running (output from zr_version command)?

What extensions and plugins do you run?

KyleS
04-21-2010, 18:02
Firstly, the overlay when a team wins caused the server to crash Never had this.

Secondly, the napalm nades caused the server to crash
I had this when I had outdated stock SourceMod extensions installed with a newer base.

Thirdly, someone being zombified caused the server to crash... Verify your models.txt file, I had this as well but I was at fault for using \ instead of / for one of my models.

rhelgeby
04-21-2010, 18:32
Sound's pretty weird that the server would crash because of using \ instead of / in paths. It should simply warn about a file that doesn't exist instead. But I don't know how well linux deal with this.

Diablo3
04-21-2010, 18:44
maybe you testing your server only with one map. There is some wrongs maps, where server crashing, but with others maps everything work normal.

How you determined that those things crash the server???

You can say that you server crashing when somebody moving or shooting or etc. , because those things are doing always

KyleS
04-21-2010, 23:35
Sound's pretty weird that the server would crash because of using \ instead of / in paths. It should simply warn about a file that doesn't exist instead. But I don't know how well linux deal with this. That's what myself and Greyscale determined, if the player using that skin and would zombify someone, the server would exit and the screen would close. After rectifying that (going over the classes/models work that I had delegated out at the time), all was good.

However since the overlays are not loading properly, I think he's using outdated extensions.

Diablo3
05-04-2010, 10:08
I don't want to create new topic about server crash. I read many post about server crash, so the same problem to me, but I want to know what people mean "server crash" ?

For me is very difficult problem:
people said that my server broke. Yes, really, I can't join to server, player can't move in server, everything stop.

But,

my server console shows that server working.
no error logs
no other bad things that shows me whats wrong....

So 5-10 min and server begin working like it should working.

I using 607 ZR patch, last stable version of sourcemod and metamod and SDKHooks 1.3 (EP1 [CS:S, HL2DM, INS, etc.], SM 1.3.x).

plugin list :

01 "Warmup Round" (1.1.8) by XARiUS
02 "Basic Comm Control" (1.3.1) by AlliedModders LLC
03 "Player Commands" (1.3.1) by AlliedModders LLC
04 "Admin File Reader" (1.3.1) by AlliedModders LLC
05 "Basic Votes" (1.3.1) by AlliedModders LLC
06 "Reserved Slots" (1.3.1) by AlliedModders LLC
07 "Basic Commands" (1.3.1) by AlliedModders LLC
08 "Nextmap" (1.3.1) by AlliedModders LLC
09 "Anti-Flood" (1.3.1) by AlliedModders LLC
10 "Map Nominations" (1.3.1) by AlliedModders LLC
11 "Rock The Vote" (1.3.1) by AlliedModders LLC
12 "MapChooser" (1.3.1) by AlliedModders LLC
13 "Advertisements" (0.5.5) by Tsunami
14 "Fun Votes" (1.3.1) by AlliedModders LLC
15 "Show Damage" (1.0.6) by exvel
16 "Admin Menu" (1.3.1) by AlliedModders LLC
17 "Zombie:Reloaded" (3.0.0-b2) by Greyscale | Richard Helgeby
18 "Auto !zspawn" (1.0.1) by Darkthrone, Otstrel Team, TigerOx, TechKnow, AlliedModders LLC
19 "Fun Commands" (1.3.1) by AlliedModders LLC
20 "Tripmines" (1.0.0.4) by L. Duke (mod by user)
21 "SourceBans" (1.4.6) by InterWave Studios Development Team
22 "Client Preferences" (1.3.1) by AlliedModders LLC
23 "Basic Chat" (1.3.1) by AlliedModders LLC
24 "Admin Help" (1.3.1) by AlliedModders LLC
25 "Extra Cash" (0.2) by Peoples Army
26 "Basic Info Triggers" (1.3.1) by AlliedModders LLC
27 "Sound Commands" (1.3.1) by AlliedModders LLC
28 "SM Parachute" (2.0) by SWAT_88
29 "Triggers" (2.3.0) by theY4Kman
30 "Simple Chat Colors" (1.1.0) by Simple Plugins

*in bold are plugins, which I do not use in other my server created with the same sourcemod/metamod versions (not ZR, simple public server! which working perfect).

Any ideas ? maybe somebody solve the problem? Maybe in my plugins list are some bad plugins ?

P.S if I kill server, and restart , sometimes server still not working until 5-10min have elapsed...

Firstly I think , that the problem cause some maps, but now server crashing in random maps random time, I can't find exact time when and why server stop working...

rhelgeby
05-04-2010, 10:26
If your server's console is fine, but clients have trouble it sounds like a network issue.

There might not be a server crash at all, but it's simply very busy sometimes.

Otherwise, disable/remove ZR to see if it's causing this in any way. If the problem went away, ZR might have a conflict with one or more of those plugins marked in bold:

Warmup Round - Why a warmup round with no zombies?
Auto !zspawn - Should be ok.
Tripmines - This one is known to cause bouncing props, but how often is unknown.
Extra Cash - Should be ok
SM Parachute
Triggers

Diablo3
05-04-2010, 10:49
I running 2 server in one server, so I don't think that it is network problem, because other is still working without problem.

Busy?? Maybe, but why this one crash not another ? But this maybe is possible, because mostly server crash when playing a lot of people.

Very difficult to find conflict with some plugins, because sometimes server working good 5-12h , about 2-3 crash per day :|

Diablo3
05-04-2010, 11:25
server not crash, I was in server, and it seams that very very laggy, and after 2-3min 85% time out and server working again.... But I don't understand why this only with ZR server :/ maybe not enough server resources , but why public still running always without crash/lag

KyleS
05-04-2010, 16:18
Grab KAC, or any other plugin that prevents command flooding.

Unless of course it just happens with yourself ingame, in which case it could be being flooded with that foolish UDP packet tool (If this is the case, install DAF or setup IPTables if you are on Linux). Or worst of all, there is an issue with one of the installed plugins above, do you have any errors inside your error log? I'm having zero issues at the moment with Zombie Reloaded, my last spree of "mini freezes" was a an issue with having over 10000 files inside of my downloads directory.

Diablo3
05-05-2010, 04:04
thanks to all.

yea, the problem was server flooding. Some stupid hackers flooding server. My linux server were without iptables and server without any secure, now I made server secured from stupid people who wants to crash server and it seams that problem solved.

rhelgeby
05-05-2010, 08:51
It's good to have someone confirm that ZR itself is stable.

Diablo3
05-21-2010, 14:38
Hello, don't want to create new topic, but I want to ask, ZR working with KAC anticheat ? Or better do not use ?

Darkthrone
05-21-2010, 15:46
yes, zr+kac works fine

KyleS
05-21-2010, 22:33
Hello, don't want to create new topic, but I want to ask, ZR working with KAC anticheat ? Or better do not use ? Which SourceMod version are you using? Everything up until 1.3.2 (or until the 1.3.1 rev 2948 snapshot) had a crashing issue with KAC.

Diablo3
05-22-2010, 04:54
I'm using all latest stable version of sourcemod, metamod and ZR , I just asking to make sure 100% guarantee before install KAC to server :)

KyleS
05-22-2010, 05:02
I'm using all latest stable version of sourcemod, metamod and ZR , I just asking to make sure 100% guarantee before install KAC to server :) You should be good to go, I have a crash issue the voice server failing when a player disconnects (Directly to do with Basecomm or Gag :nono:), however my course of action is to find the culprit than report it. That, and bitch about it in IRC :grrr:

Besides that, make sure you install the latest 1.2.0 beta (Should be 1.2.1.0).