PDA

View Full Version : amx_idiot v1.1 (fixed)

GIR
04-19-2004, 16:49
This is the same as amx_idiot v1.0 except for a huge bugfix. In the original plugin, when somebody was idiotized, after he/she died he/she could buy and use any weapon he/she wanted to.

This is infact very annoying because the idiot model has it's hitboxes in very wrong places and so it was nearly impossible to kill an idiot. This is actually rewarding them for their idiocy instead of punishing them.

This has been fixed in this version. idiots cannot use any weapon except knife and plant the bomb.

Also as an added feature, at the beginning of a newround the idiot.wav is played but only the idiot(s) can hear it.

What to expect in the future. I'm going to rewrite the whole plugin from scracth and rename it to Take13 idiot. Some new features will be included, some of which will be making idiots drop the bomb if they have it and teleport it over to somebody else and also make it so that idiots do not have any weapons and also can't buy any weapons (not even knife).

Credit goes towards DoubleTap for his original port:
http://www.tcwonline.org/~amxmodx/forums/viewtopic.php?t=809&highlight=idiot

And also credit goes towards IJs for his original idea:
http://djeyl.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=31631

HF & GL,
GIR

350z
04-20-2004, 23:05
i hav problem compile it..

amx_idiot.sma(137) : error 013: no entry point (no public functions)

Arucard
04-20-2004, 23:12
hehe im using the other one. I kind of like that bug. It makes it challenging to kill the supposed idiot ;)

[nFb]GraveKeeper
04-21-2004, 23:41
I would like the option to allow the Idiot to have weapons if desired by the admin and I would like the sound file to be played to all clients when you turn someone into an idiot.

[nFb]GraveKeeper
04-25-2004, 21:12
This is an excellent plugin. Any reason why this one has not yet been approved?

AssKicR
04-25-2004, 21:27
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=713

DoubleTap
04-26-2004, 10:40
It really shouldn't have been released as a seperate plugin... The fact that it does what I clearly said it does in the original port doesn't mean you can change it and rerelease it... if you wanted it fixed you should have posted this link in the original thread. Once IJs is not so busy with school I suspect we will get the other models as well as any other features added. You should just post this in the other thread as an alternative version (and why you changed it) or just PM me the source and I can put it up as an alternate and ask the Dev's to remove this thread.

Vic/DT

GIR
04-27-2004, 11:50
It really shouldn't have been released as a seperate plugin... The fact that it does what I clearly said it does in the original port doesn't mean you can change it and rerelease it... if you wanted it fixed you should have posted this link in the original thread. Once IJs is not so busy with school I suspect we will get the other models as well as any other features added. You should just post this in the other thread as an alternative version (and why you changed it) or just PM me the source and I can put it up as an alternate and ask the Dev's to remove this thread.

Vic/DT

Do what you want with it. I got sick of all the nonsense on this board a long time ago. The fact is that IJs didn't include a licence in his original plugin so I really do not know if this plugin is even legale.

The only thing I did is change the original plugin. As IJs states in his code, he doesn't see it as a bug but a feature (I do see it as a bug).

I tried to get ahold of IJs to get his approval and to urge him to include a licence in his code, he didn't responed. If IJs doesn't approve of me changing his plugin then this thread can be deleted without loosing your port, that is the reason I made a seperate thread.

If you want to post this plugin in your thread then you will be required to remove my code as they fall under my copyright.

AssKicR
04-27-2004, 11:51
GIR.. I don't give a flying fuck if ya got a licence in the code or if ya got 5 chapters of the friggin bible... It doesn't fucking matter..!!!! :evil:

GIR
04-27-2004, 12:02
AssKicR: I don't think you get whats going on here. IJs is the original author and he has a copyright on the original code. Now a problem arrises because IJs didn't include a licence in his code, so I do not know whether I'm allowed to change and redistribute his code, I did. The changes made and the redistribution thereof fall under my sole responsibilty.

If IJs doesn't approve then well this plugin is illegale and should be removed.

And sorry to say but maybe you do not give a damn about copyrights, I'm sure a judge does. And this is not about my copyrights but about IJs's copyrights. I find it highly offensive that a mod/helper (I don't know what you guyz are supposed todo anywayz) would respond in such a manner.

AssKicR
04-27-2004, 13:17
*blahblahblahblahblah*

Well he can't copyright anything in this open-source community.

[nFb]GraveKeeper
04-27-2004, 14:07
Nice job tweaking this plugin and thanks for doing it.

GIR
04-27-2004, 19:02
Well he can't copyright anything in this open-source community.

Do you even know the difference between a copyright and a open-source licence?

kingpin
04-29-2004, 14:59
cop·y·right ( P ) Pronunciation Key (kp-rt)
n. Abbr. c. or cop.
The legal right granted to an author, composer, playwright, publisher, or distributor to exclusive publication, production, sale, or distribution of a literary, musical, dramatic, or artistic work.

adj.
Of or relating to a copyright: copyright law; a copyright agreement.
Protected by copyright: permission to publish copyright material.

open source

<philosophy, legal> A method and philosophy for software
licensing and distribution designed to encourage use and
improvement of software written by volunteers by ensuring that
anyone can copy the source code and modify it freely.

The term "open source" is now more widely used than the
earlier term "free software" (promoted by the Free Software
Foundation) but has broadly the same meaning - free of
distribution restrictions, not necessarily free of charge.

There are various open source licenses available.
Programmers can choose an appropriate license to use when
distributing their programs.

lol if u want a def of these straight froma NY civil court judge just post and I will get it from one I work with a few of them.
for my 2 cents since anything related to HLSDK CANNOT be copyrighted and must be open source , meta mod : opensource, amxmod : open source etc. etc. so this plugin is open source, if the author claims to have copy rights on any plugin or part of it... good for them maybe they can sue the users for using and altering them once the author PROVIDEs the sma..Not knowing the laws of a land is not an excuse for not obeying them

Anth0ny
07-11-2004, 16:43
i have same problem with this plugin and last plugins and includes from
cvs:

L 07/11/2004 - 23:30:40: [AMXX] Function not found (name "cs_reset_user_model")
(plugin "amx_idiot.amx")

cstrike.inc in include

IJs
07-25-2004, 07:17
Im here. Feel free to change it, no problem. If you need anything, just PM me.

BogdanM
07-29-2004, 00:01
I was wondering if you or someone else can add the following:

amx_idiot @CT or @TERRORIST so I can change the entire team at once.

For some reason the players in my server love this alien guy and don't think of it as a punishment.

Thank you

Belsebub
02-06-2005, 11:25
when i do someone into a idiot he can still use weapons and im useing the 1.1 version of idiot and btw i use amxx 1.0

BOOM
02-08-2005, 01:38
This plugin is not even approved yet or ever will be, Try this http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=713

Geesu
12-13-2005, 11:05
Author PM me to have this approved

GBLTeam
03-19-2014, 15:20
Not working skin not loading only sound and he cant use weapons.